Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria (33218 Views)

Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director / GT Bank Appoints Miriam Olusanya As First Female Managing Director / Oyeyimika Adeboye, Cadbury Nigeria First Female Managing Director In 50 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria by Salewa97: 6:52pm On Mar 10, 2021
Teju Ajani, former country manager, Android for Google, has been appointed as the managing director for Apple in Nigeria.

Ajani, who will oversee sales and business development at Apple, announced the appointment in a LinkedIn post on Tuesday.

Prior to her new role, Ajani was the principal product manager at Oracle and business development manager at Google for Nigeria.

She also served as the YouTube head of content partnerships for Sub Saharan Africa between January 2014 and April 2018.

The software engineer said her years of experience will guide her in contributing to the organisation and impacting positively in Africa.

“The great thing about experience is that you get to take it with you wherever you go. Along the way, you get to know your (corporate) self and if lucky, figure out who you want to be “when you grow up”. Successes, failures, lessons learned, all go with you from place to place where you get to reflect, add and refine them,” she wrote.

“I’m excited to be starting a new role with an amazing company and brand, Apple, in Nigeria and bringing all that to bear. Having intentionally sought a role in Africa and worked specifically on the continent for the past decade, the pace of growth and possibilities are still exciting and make it a dynamic place to figure out how to bring another global brand to bear.

“Africa does have its challenges right alongside all the opportunities. It is a place that can reward long term vision versus short term focus. Technology is very much an enabler, just like it most of the rest of the world. However, the impact on Africa is, and can continue to be exponential.

“Being part of that enabling force is extremely rewarding and something I am excited to continue in a new capacity and bring all that experience to bear upon. Here’s to work adventures.”

Source: https://www.thecable.ng/teju-ajani-ex-google-country-manager-joins-apple-as-nigeria-head

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria by Nobody: 2:29am On Mar 11, 2021
There is high probability that a sovereign Yoruba nation would surpass Singapore in no time and take the position she deserves in the comity of nation as super power and developed country.

She has every resources and characteristics to becoming that if she can pull off the burden of Nigeria.

163 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria by DenreleDave(m): 6:04pm On Mar 12, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria by blinking001(m): 6:45pm On Mar 12, 2021
Spits
Re: Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria by visijo(m): 6:45pm On Mar 12, 2021
I always shake my head every hour to make sure my brain is still intact because here in Nigeria, nothing is to be trusted�

14 Likes

Re: Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria by slawormiir: 6:45pm On Mar 12, 2021
Damnnnnn niggarrrr

Congratulations though but very Funny.....
You can't find their technicians to repair their products
If your Apple device spoil....then you are on your own
If you like carry it from Lagos to Abuja.... nobody can repair it..... especially their laptops..

Na so I use macbook air...as he spoil....I nor see who fit repair am....carry am go lagos and abuja...nothing....them even spoil am the more....I just gave up and bought a new MacBook pro
miqos02:
a client of mine brought two bad iPhones from the US saying they couldn't fix the issues, guess what it was fixed by a technician in Ikeja under two hours.
Ogbeni i know what am saying....I am a die hard fan and customer of apple...am using a MacBook pro now...I just pray make he nor spoil

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria by Godada(m): 6:45pm On Mar 12, 2021
sad

I shake my head in astonishment when such distinguished personalities like this take their place in the helm of affairs of their respective fields. This country with the kind of wealth at its finger tips cannot be found lacking in comparison with its counterparts but sadly its what it is. Bad leadership and governance have crippled the state of affairs and plunged us to new depths of an all time low. If such likes of Ngozi Iweala should president in the corridors of power and politics shelved aside, no one Nigerian will dream of leaving the shores of this country

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 12, 2021
Wow he switched to a direct rival

1 Like

Re: Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria by Kingrefreshed: 6:46pm On Mar 12, 2021

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria by clockwisereport: 6:46pm On Mar 12, 2021
congratulations ma
higher higher, we go dey go

1 Like

Re: Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria by ChampagneF(m): 6:46pm On Mar 12, 2021
mad
Re: Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria by emmanuel596(m): 6:46pm On Mar 12, 2021
Good news
Re: Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria by tillaman(m): 6:46pm On Mar 12, 2021
shocked
Re: Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria by inoki247: 6:46pm On Mar 12, 2021
The Future is Gmail shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria by Pergrace: 6:47pm On Mar 12, 2021
Congratulations
Re: Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria by Xscape047: 6:47pm On Mar 12, 2021
More Grace
Re: Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria by Nickisindigo(m): 6:47pm On Mar 12, 2021
Would engineering also be located in nigeria
Re: Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria by yungrylex00(m): 6:47pm On Mar 12, 2021
Re: Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria by Perfecttouch(m): 6:48pm On Mar 12, 2021
Tech and football... Richie way
Re: Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria by BruncleZuma: 6:48pm On Mar 12, 2021
grin grin grin grin
Re: Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria by yungrylex00(m): 6:48pm On Mar 12, 2021
blinking001:
Spits
who gv u belle?
Maad man

8 Likes

Re: Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria by Eriokanmi: 6:48pm On Mar 12, 2021
Nice. Northerners don't seem to realise how much they are missing by always keeping and hiding their women in the house, doing nothing. Many of them , if given the opportunity to soar, would have been bread winners, even fending for their husbands and entire household, thereby eradicate poverty in their clan. It still baffles me how wicked some people can be all in the name of culture and doctrine.

I wish our great women like Madam Iweala was hidden in the house... somewhere in the north today,the whole world would have missed that opportunity of utilising the talent God had given her for life, a former world bank MD and now WTO head. This woman had influenced many, both home and abroad. That debt relief alone, which she fought for Nigeria was highly commendable and would always be remembered by posterity

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria by Sabadon(m): 6:49pm On Mar 12, 2021
the future is bush meat grin

Re: Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria by redcliff: 6:50pm On Mar 12, 2021
gomojam:
There is high probability that a sovereign Yoruba nation would surpass Singapore in no time and take the position she deserves in the committy of nation as super power and developed country.

She has every resources and characteristics to becoming that if she can pull off the burden of Nigeria.

you just come here dey speak educated illiterate english
committy ko, community ni.

3 Likes

Re: Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria by blazepascal(m): 6:50pm On Mar 12, 2021
issorite
Re: Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria by kaziblake(f): 6:50pm On Mar 12, 2021
Congratulations to her

1 Like

Re: Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria by benzine: 6:51pm On Mar 12, 2021
gomojam:
There is high probability that a sovereign Yoruba nation would surpass Singapore in no time and take the position she deserves in the committy of nation as super power and developed country.

Yep so declare independence then

3 Likes

Re: Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria by shadeyinka(m): 6:51pm On Mar 12, 2021
gomojam:

I will definitely support a sovereign Yoruba state but unfortunately, I do not think that we are ready. Do we really know what will propel us to greatness? I don't think so.

Unfortunately too, surpassing Singapore too doesn't work like that.
Bad leadership with the best technocrats amount at best to our current state in Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria by ChizzyBuna(m): 6:52pm On Mar 12, 2021
Good
Re: Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria by opalu: 6:52pm On Mar 12, 2021
Congratulations
Re: Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria by madukaanaya(m): 6:52pm On Mar 12, 2021
my lawd money gud o.four days ago i was terribly broke that i coudnt eat.yesterday my ticket enter after totten beat zagreb 5ok enter.today i went to a nice hotel and ate rice and chicken.i comot buy dog meat join am for house come fund my bet9ja account for weekend games.bet no good but it has been saving me in times of great need.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#2.5 Million: Will You Invest Here Or Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures? / Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment / Outsource Online Jobs Here (fiverr,upwork,freelance,pph,truelance,etc)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.