Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Please Advice. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Advice. (1634 Views)

Please Advice! / I'm In Big Mess, Please Advice Me On What To Do / I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice. by Lycanowner: 10:25am On Mar 11, 2021
Hi everyone,
Please, will you advice i marry with a monthly income of 100k? Is anyone here married with this income scale? Is it sustaining?

Thanks for your opinion.
Re: Please Advice. by ukaface(f): 10:29am On Mar 11, 2021
Don't compare yourself to others... Especially in marriage and family matters.
Some can go ahead with such amount,after figuring out your expenses based on food,rent,transport,health, miscellaneous too, then kids....

Some even start up with less,but Na you go know how you go manage and feel comfortable with such pay. Shalom.
Re: Please Advice. by Kriss216: 10:30am On Mar 11, 2021
People with minimum wage of 30K don already born like 3-5 kids and they're doing perfectly fine.

3 Likes

Re: Please Advice. by Lycanowner: 10:32am On Mar 11, 2021
ukaface:
Don't compare yourself to others... Especially in marriage and family matters.
Some can go ahead with such amount,after figuring out your expenses based on food,rent,transport,health, miscellaneous too, then kids....

Some even start up with less,but Na you go know how you go manage and feel comfortable with such pay. Shalom.

Thanks for your opinion. Not comparing myself with others, just want to know if its working for someone out there
Re: Please Advice. by HappyCreative(f): 12:21pm On Mar 11, 2021
Lycanowner:
Hi everyone,
Please, will you advice i marry with a monthly income of 100k? Is anyone here married with this income scale? Is it sustaining?

Thanks for your opinion.

Have you worked out all your of outgoings? If you still have money left, then yes it is possible.

You need to put together a budget.
Re: Please Advice. by Lycanowner: 1:52pm On Mar 11, 2021
HappyCreative:

Have you worked out all your of outgoings? If you still have money left, then yes it is possible.

You need to put together a budget.
Ma, what do you mean by outgoing? I have a budget for me, but what about her? How do i fix her budget into the monthly income?
Re: Please Advice. by Lycanowner: 1:53pm On Mar 11, 2021
[quote author=Kriss216 post=99791622]People with minimum wage of 30K don already born like 3-5 kids and they're doing perfectly fine.

[/quote

I can't have more than 1 kid with such income.
Re: Please Advice. by HappyCreative(f): 1:59pm On Mar 11, 2021
Lycanowner:

Ma, what do you mean by outgoing? I have a budget for me, but what about her? How do i fix her budget into the monthly income?

Sorry, outgoings are things you spend money on every month like bills, food, petrol etc.

If you're spending a certain amount on food, increase it by about 50%. It shouldn't need to be doubled because there will also be less waste in assuming.

Does she work too? Will you combine finances? If not am her how much money she expects from you. Negotiate if necessary.

Also save money with each paycheck in case of emergencies like car or house repairs.
Re: Please Advice. by Lycanowner: 4:54am On Mar 12, 2021
HappyCreative:

Sorry, outgoings are things you spend money on every month like bills, food, petrol etc.

If you're spending a certain amount on food, increase it by about 50%. It shouldn't need to be doubled because there will also be less waste in assuming.

Does she work too? Will you combine finances? If not am her how much money she expects from you. Negotiate if necessary.

Also save money with each paycheck in case of emergencies like car or house repairs.
She doesn't work, but I am saving certain % of my income so that i can start up a business for her (she is educated though and can get a job but I prefer she own a business so that she can have time for the kids when they start coming). I live on the rules of gold from the book "The richest man in Babylon" so I basically save a certain % of all my earnings. "Negotiate" I think I love this, but rather than negotiating, do you think we should plan the budget together? Thanks for your time and opinion, its really helpful.
Re: Please Advice. by Mindlog: 5:48am On Mar 12, 2021
Lycanowner:

Both.of you need to sit down and see ways she can earn an income.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice. by Foodqueen(f): 6:55am On Mar 12, 2021
Look for a woman that can manage with u.

With some women, there will still be savings. But with some u will be in Dept before ending.

Choose wisely...

1 Like

Re: Please Advice. by HappyCreative(f): 7:47am On Mar 12, 2021
Lycanowner:

She doesn't work, but I am saving certain % of my income so that i can start up a business for her (she is educated though and can get a job but I prefer she own a business so that she can have time for the kids when they start coming). I live on the rules of gold from the book "The richest man in Babylon" so I basically save a certain % of all my earnings. "Negotiate" I think I love this, but rather than negotiating, do you think we should plan the budget together? Thanks for your time and opinion, its really helpful.

Yes definitely decide on the budget together. Maybe if you find you will be short of money after planning your budget, maybe she can have a part time job alongside the business until you start having children, so you have more savings for the kids and the business?

Anyway you seem to have thought a lot of things through. You are an admirable man.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice. by Uyi168: 7:58am On Mar 12, 2021
Yes u can..
Go ahead please and add to the problems of naija..
Re: Please Advice. by pozehnani(f): 8:07am On Mar 12, 2021
Some are married with 30k income. So go ahead. Nothing do you.
Re: Please Advice. by lekbel09(m): 8:11am On Mar 12, 2021
pozehnani:
Some are married with 30k income. So go ahead. Nothing do you.
definitely not in lagos
Re: Please Advice. by Comsky: 8:12am On Mar 12, 2021
I believe.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice. by pozehnani(f): 8:16am On Mar 12, 2021
Lycanowner:

Can't your own budget cover for two? I mean feeding and household items like toiletries?

Then clothing and her personal stuff, she can do those while you just add a little to assist from time to time when necessary.

In fact, don't base your sustenance on your income. Trust in God for sustenance because if you keep going this way calculating every Kobo, you'll be discouraged and frustrated. Most times we spend more than our income before the month runs out. It can only be God. Blessings can come from different angles once you rely on God.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice. by pozehnani(f): 8:23am On Mar 12, 2021
lekbel09:
definitely not in lagos

In this Lagos, life and direct.
Re: Please Advice. by Lycanowner: 10:41am On Mar 12, 2021
pozehnani:

Can't your own budget cover for two? I mean feeding and household items like toiletries?

Then clothing and her personal stuff, she can do those while you just add a little to assist from time to time when necessary.

In fact, don't base your sustenance on your income. Trust in God for sustenance because if you keep going this way calculating every Kobo, you'll be discouraged and frustrated. Most times we spend more than our income before the month runs out. It can only be God. Blessings can come from different angles once you rely on God.
Thanks so much for reminding me about God sustainance. I am just trying to be careful, i won't want someone's else daughter to come and endure in my house. The guilt will kill me. Now back to the topic, you know recently i have been keeping tab on all the money I give to her every month (she is still schooling) . Please note, keeping tab on the money is my own way of trying to see if we can live together on that income. I don't want to discuss this with her because I don't want to appear to be creating or giving excuses... just want to know if those married with that salary scale are okay. Thank you for minding me.
Re: Please Advice. by Lycanowner: 10:43am On Mar 12, 2021
Comsky:
I believe it all about planning. With 100k, you can marry.

Thanks, are you in similar situation? Please do you have experience i can learn from?
Re: Please Advice. by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:28pm On Mar 12, 2021
You can but suspend childbirth shocked shocked
Re: Please Advice. by Raalsalghul: 3:20pm On Mar 12, 2021
Uyi168:
Yes u can..

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Please Advice. by GuyInTheMirror: 3:40pm On Mar 12, 2021
Foodqueen:
Look for a woman that can manage with u.

With some women, there will still be savings. But with some u will be in Dept before ending.

Choose wisely...
Op read this 20 times, it seems despite your age you are yet to mature.
If you are asking these type of questions then you should probably not be thinking of getting married.
It is not your wife that should determine your standard of living.
Look for a woman that will help you manage what you earn, test her with little things and observe if she is a SAVER or a SPENDER.
If you marry a SPENDER your life is ruined...

DO NOT LOOK FOR A WOMAN TO PLEASE, LOOK FOR A WOMAN WHO IS PLEASED WITH YOU.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice. by Lycanowner: 6:28pm On Mar 12, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
You can but suspend childbirth shocked shocked

I actually will want to have a child on that income
Re: Please Advice. by Lycanowner: 6:29pm On Mar 12, 2021
Uyi168:
Yes u can..

How pathetic. Begone with your foolishness.
Re: Please Advice. by Lycanowner: 6:31pm On Mar 12, 2021
Mindlog:

Both.of you need to sit down and see ways she can earn an income.

I have set aside special budget for her business.
Re: Please Advice. by Lycanowner: 6:35pm On Mar 12, 2021
HappyCreative:

Yes definitely decide on the budget together. Maybe if you find you will be short of money after planning your budget, maybe she can have a part time job alongside the business until you start having children, so you have more savings for the kids and the business?

Anyway you seem to have thought a lot of things through. You are an admirable man.

Thank you. I think I will speak to her as regards the issue and see her response. Sincerely, I will hate to see my woman work (understand, if she wants to pursue any career, I am in full support, but I will love her to manage her own business and have time for the children when they start coming). Thanks for your contribution. I actually noted all this things down. I appreciate.
Re: Please Advice. by Uyi168: 6:36pm On Mar 12, 2021
Lycanowner:

How pathetic. Begone with your foolishness.
Mad man. Go and kill yourself.
Re: Please Advice. by Lycanowner: 6:38pm On Mar 12, 2021
GuyInTheMirror:

Op read this 20 times, it seems despite your age you are yet to mature.
If you are asking these type of questions then you should probably not be thinking of getting married.
It is not your wife that should determine your standard of living.
Look for a woman that will help you manage what you earn, test her with little things and observe if she is a SAVER or a SPENDER.
If you marry a SPENDER your life is ruined...

DO NOT LOOK FOR A WOMAN TO PLEASE, LOOK FOR A WOMAN WHO IS PLEASED WITH YOU.
Maturity is a matter of perspective. I believe you did not comprehend my post. Thanks for the bolded statement.
Re: Please Advice. by Lycanowner: 6:40pm On Mar 12, 2021
Uyi168:
Mad man. Go and kill yourself.

I know life is hard for you, i am not the cause. Please if there is anything I can do to help you, let me know.
Re: Please Advice. by mariahAngel(f): 6:54pm On Mar 12, 2021
Kriss216:
People with minimum wage of 30K don already born like 3-5 kids and they're doing perfectly fine.

Dey there dey exaggerate Kriss!
3-5 children ontop 30k! That person no dey fear God?
"They're doing perfectly fine" indeed!
Re: Please Advice. by Uyi168: 7:10pm On Mar 12, 2021
Lycanowner:

I know life is hard for you, i am not the cause. Please if there is anything I can do to help you, let me know.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum / Why Do Some Baby Fathers Neglect Their Children Welfare? / Loving Husbands That Are Cheats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.