Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi (2550 Views)

Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are / Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever / Poverty In Nigeria Vs Richest Pastors In Nigeria - By Alawode-James Jumoke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi by Logic007: 1:40pm On Mar 11, 2021
A reverend gave a Ted Talk listing 5 major reasons why religion is the number 1 cause of poverty in Africa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfBzEAieaAM

1 Like

Re: Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi by Kobojunkie: 2:06pm On Mar 11, 2021
Logic007:
A reverend gave a Ted Talk listing 5 major reasons why religion is the number 1 cause of poverty in Africa
M
Now, does this same Reverend not have a congregation of his own whim he collects tithes and offerings from? undecided

Or is this a case of a hypocrite who forgot to remove the plank from his own eye before attempting to remove an equally sized plank from the eyes of others like himself? undecided
Re: Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi by Logic007: 2:12pm On Mar 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Now, does this same Reverend not have a congregation of his own whim he collects tithes and offerings from? undecided

Or is this a case of a hypocrite who forgot to remove the plank from his own eye before attempting to remove an equally sized plank from the eyes of others like himself? undecided

Watch the video and understand. He seems to be a moderate christian.

3 Likes

Re: Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi by Kobojunkie: 2:14pm On Mar 11, 2021
Logic007:

Watch the video and understand. He seems to be a moderate christian.
Does a "moderate" Reverend not collect tithes and offerings on a regular basis from those who he installed himself as master over? undecided

You tell me, what in the world is a "moderate" Christian? undecided
Re: Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi by Logic007: 2:17pm On Mar 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Does a "moderate" Reverend not collect tithes and offerings on a regular basis from those who he installed himself as master over? undecided

Well, there are those who put spirituality and humanism before their religion.

Those who see the church as a charity for the poor, the broken, the widows and those in need for salvation.

Those who live like monks in chastity and humility. Those who understand that leadership is servitude.

But what do I know? I'm just a hopeful atheist.

3 Likes

Re: Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi by pozehnani(f): 6:09pm On Mar 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Check your mail.
Re: Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi by Kobojunkie: 6:14pm On Mar 11, 2021
pozehnani:
Check your mail.
undecided
Re: Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:31pm On Mar 11, 2021
He is 88% correct he could have scored 100 he missed just one adjective ~
"false"

YES, false religion is the major cause of poverty in Africa! smiley

Logic007:

A reverend gave a Ted Talk listing 5 major reasons why religion is the number 1 cause of poverty in Africa!

1 Like

Re: Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi by pozehnani(f): 7:30pm On Mar 11, 2021
What?

Ok. never mind.
Re: Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi by Image123(m): 7:34pm On Mar 11, 2021
The reverend is likely ignorant. Is it the same religion that people in the Middle East and Asia practice? Is it the same religion that Europe and America practiced and even exported? Our problem is not religion. It is more of cursed leadership and education.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi by Logic007: 2:21pm On Mar 13, 2021
Image123:
The reverend is likely ignorant. Is it the same religion that people in the Middle East and Asia practice? Is it the same religion that Europe and America practiced and even exported? Our problem is not religion. It is more of cursed leadership and education.

What percentage of Europeans are christian or muslim?

Europe remains the least religious continent and the most developed continent.

5 Likes

Re: Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 13, 2021
Our problem is corruption and sit-tight leadership.
Re: Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi by Kobojunkie: 3:32pm On Mar 13, 2021
Religion is the major problem in Nigeria - corruption, racism/tribalism, and the lot now hide behind religion. And until religion, the issue is dealt with, I don't see Nigeria moving forward in any way other than population.

1 Like

Re: Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi by Image123(m): 8:00pm On Mar 13, 2021
Logic007:

What percentage of Europeans are christian or muslim?

Europe remains the least religious continent and the most developed continent.

Did Europe practice religion? Did they export it?
Re: Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi by Logic007: 8:39pm On Mar 13, 2021
Image123:

Did Europe practice religion? Did they export it?

They dumped it for Africans, Latinos and Asians

3 Likes

Re: Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi by Image123(m): 8:44pm On Mar 13, 2021
Logic007:

They dumped it for Africans, Latinos and Asians

So they practiced and exported religion?
Re: Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi by Logic007: 8:49pm On Mar 13, 2021
Image123:

So they practiced and exported religion?

Europeans keep becoming less and less religious every year.

They were religious in the past but the past 30 years have seen a decline in religion.

5 Likes

Re: Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi by Image123(m): 9:57pm On Mar 13, 2021
Logic007:

Europeans keep becoming less and less religious every year.

They were religious in the past but the past 30 years have seen a decline in religion.

The question is very clear, did the Europeans practice religion? Did they export religion?
Re: Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi by Logic007: 11:51am On Mar 21, 2021
Image123:

The question is very clear, did the Europeans practice religion? Did they export religion?

Yes, in the past?

But what point are you making?

4 Likes

Re: Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi by Sibrah: 12:37pm On Mar 21, 2021
Misplaced priority would have been a better culprit for poverty. Religion alleviates it when done well.
Re: Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi by Sibrah: 12:40pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:

How do they install themselves?
What I understand is acceptance of a prophet's ministry and not installation over followers of Christ. If they do install themselves indeed then church will be like barracks or have unit like barrack with hefty chested men and armoury to effect these installations.
Re: Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi by Sibrah: 12:44pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Religion is the major problem in Nigeria - corruption, racism/tribalism, and the lot now hide behind religion. And until religion, the issue is dealt with, I don't see Nigeria moving forward in any way other than population.
Even you end up confessing that a lot of evil(corruption, racism, tribalism) now hide behind religion. If civil servants hide behind their educational backgrounds to perpetrate corruption do we now say education is evil or a problem?

1 Like

Re: Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi by Kobojunkie: 1:10pm On Mar 21, 2021
Sibrah:
Even you end up confessing that a lot of evil(corruption, racism, tribalism) now hide behind religion. If civil servants hide behind the educational backgrounds to perpetrate corruption do we now say education is evil or a problem?
huh? undecided
Re: Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi by Kobojunkie: 1:11pm On Mar 21, 2021
Sibrah:
How do they install themselves?
What I understand is acceptance of a prophet's ministry and not installation over followers of Christ. If they do install themselves indeed then church will be like barracks or have unit like barrack with hefty chested men and armoury to effect these installations.
Jesus Christ never installed any of His followers over others. He commanded against that. He also never commanded your churches as you have them today. So this man, a reverend, is likely a part of the problem he talks about.
Re: Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi by extol1(m): 3:39pm On Mar 21, 2021
Sibrah:
Even you end up confessing that a lot of evil(corruption, racism, tribalism) now hide behind religion. If civil servants hide behind the educational backgrounds to perpetrate corruption do we now say education is evil or a problem?
bravo

1 Like

Re: Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi by Image123(m): 8:40pm On Mar 21, 2021
Logic007:

Yes, in the past?

But what point are you making?

The point had since been made but you were trying to rewrite history by not readily accepting the fact that the West practiced and exported religion like i first wrote. Religion didn't hinder America, Europe and parts of Asia from development. Many of these were religious and are still religious.
Re: Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi by Logic007: 10:35pm On Mar 21, 2021
Image123:

The point had since been made but you were trying to rewrite history by not readily accepting the fact that the West practiced and exported religion like i first wrote. Religion didn't hinder America, Europe and parts of Asia from development. Many of these were religious and are still religious.

Religion hindered them..that is why they are less religious now

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi by Image123(m): 1:42pm On Mar 22, 2021
Logic007:

Religion hindered them..that is why they are less religious now

You got this conclusion from what source again? What drives/enhances development and wealth if i may ask?
Re: Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi by Logic007: 7:16pm On Mar 22, 2021
Image123:

You got this conclusion from what source again? What drives/enhances development and wealth if i may ask?

Science, education, technology, philosophy and economics.

Many things that religion is at odds with

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi by Image123(m): 10:21pm On Mar 22, 2021
Logic007:

Science, education, technology, philosophy and economics.

Many things that religion is at odds with

i am absolutely certain you are not referring to Christainity.
Re: Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi by edoairways: 11:29pm On Mar 22, 2021
Kobojunkie:
There are no empirical evidence for this. It is mere speculations and assumption which can be easily refutted except proven beyond reasonable doubt
Re: Religion Is The Number Cause Of Poverty In Africa- Reverend Mwabazi by Kobojunkie: 12:52am On Mar 23, 2021
edoairways:

There are no empirical evidence for this. It is mere speculations and assumption which can be easily refutted except proven beyond reasonable doubt
Well, get to it then...refuting my claim.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Reverend Father Doing The Illuminati One Eye Sign / God Created Man In His Own Image? / What Is The Evidence That The Bible Is The Word Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.