Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,316 members, 7,822,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

The Virtues Of The Month Of Sha'aban - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Virtues Of The Month Of Sha'aban (3199 Views)

The Virtues Of The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan / Sha'aban 1441AH: A Week Long Of Fasting / The Virtues Of The Month Of Sha'ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Virtues Of The Month Of Sha'aban by Lukgaf(m): 10:25pm On Mar 11, 2021
Alhamdulilah, the Glorious month of Shaaban is here.
By the counting of the Sultan, today is the 27th of Rajab 1442AH. By implication, Sha'aban starts next week and thus it is imperative we revise the virtue of the month. For an update on the Hijri calendar, see here

What is Shaaban?

Sha’bān is the eight-month of the Islamic lunar calendar; the month that precedes Ramadan. The literal meaning of the word Shaban is something that is successively developing or uninterruptedly increasing. This is a month in which the Prophet incessantly fasted.

‘A’ishah, the wife of the Prophet (pbuh) said, “I never saw the Prophet fasting (voluntary) fast more in any other month than that of Shaban. He used to fast throughout the month.” [Al-Bukhāri]When the Prophet was asked why fasted so much in Sha’bān; the Prophet replied; “There is a month between Rajab and Ramadān of which many people are neglectful; it is the month in which deeds are raised (for evaluation) to the Lord of the universe, and I love to be in a state of fasting when my deeds are taken up for evaluation.” [an-Nisā’i]

From this hadith we learn that …

The Prophet fasted consistently in Shaban. The reason for that fast being that deeds are elevated for evaluation,
and the best condition to have one’s deeds evaluated in in a state of fasting.

Here we keep in mind the words of the Prophet pertaining to the special nature of the ‘ibādah of siyām/fasting; “Every deed of a human being is for himself except fasting; it is for me and I will personally reward that”. [al-Bukhāri]

Importantly, this month, let us avoid argumentation, harbor no hate and rather be more loving. Wise ones have said; “imbue yourselves with the qualities of Allah”. The qualities of the Divine and those characteristics pleasing to the Divine are indeed the best qualities to imbibe and to nurture. Allah is al-Wadūd /Most Loving and a believer should imbibe these qualities and manifest it at a human level. It is in this spirit that our beloved Prophet (pbuh) advised; The Prophet said, The peak of reasoning after accepting faith in the Divine is being affectionate towards people, and doing good to others, irrespective of their being pious or sinful. [Bayhaqi]

Finally,

Take heed of the lessons of Shaban
Our learned admonish us;

قد مضى شهر رجب، ودخل شعبان، وفاز من فاز بالتقرب والاستعداد في رجب لرمضان، ودخل شعبان والناس عنه غافلة

Rajab has passed and Shaban has entered; successful are those who successfully prepared themselves with proximity to Allah in Rajab for Ramadān; but now that Shaban has entered, people are heedless/neglectful.

On the night of Nisf Shaban, leading to the special month of Ramadan; let us acknowledge that the right thing to do is always the best thing to do. Let us do all forms of good with the best of intentions; and avoid any form of evil in all of its dimensions. Realize that our deeds are evaluated and that we will be held accountable. Let us not be argumentative and hateful, let us rather be loving and compassionate. In keeping with the name of Shaban, the ever-increasing, May Allah increases us in goodness and heed the Prophetic advice (as documented by Tibrani); “Do not engage in any act unless it is good; do not say anything unless it is beneficial.”

Source: Extracted from Islamcity

May Allah make us witness many Sha'aban and make righteousness in the month easier for us (Ameen)

7 Likes

Re: The Virtues Of The Month Of Sha'aban by Mikelarteta(m): 9:25am On Mar 12, 2021
Pls how do I remove this[b] "I believe that there is no god/God but Allah and Muhammad is His Prophet." From my account someone should help a brother pls am not a Muslim o

3 Likes

Re: The Virtues Of The Month Of Sha'aban by NaijaOlosho(f): 9:26am On Mar 12, 2021
Any religion that supports terrorism is not good for the people.

Why do you support bokoharam, terrorist herdsmen and terrorist bandits??

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Virtues Of The Month Of Sha'aban by Queenlovely(f): 9:29am On Mar 12, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: The Virtues Of The Month Of Sha'aban by blazepascal(m): 9:31am On Mar 12, 2021
where are our Muslim brothers
Re: The Virtues Of The Month Of Sha'aban by OBALOLA55(m): 9:36am On Mar 12, 2021
Queenlovely:
I have to be matured here, I respect every religion.

does it mean that nairaland Muslims are few

why are they ashamed.to identify themselves,

please come out and let us defend Allah from these infidels.

I miss my flight to Islamabad today
THE LIKES OF OSHIGUN THATFAIRGUY SEUNMSG GBAGURA HELINUES AKA MONOGAMY ARE THE PEOPLE AL-QURAN DESCRIBED AS MUNAFIQUN (HYPOCRITES). THEY ARE ASHAMED OF THEIR RELIGION.

I STILL MAINTAIN THAT ISLAM IS THE RELIGION ORDAINED BY THE ALMIGHTY GOD FOR MANKIND cool

3 Likes

Re: The Virtues Of The Month Of Sha'aban by techrola: 9:40am On Mar 12, 2021
Mikelarteta:
Pls how do I remove this[b] "I believe that there is no god/God but Allah and Muhammad is His Prophet." From my account someone should help a brother pls am not a Muslim o
must u comment, if it doesn't resonate with u, u stay off..

1 Like

Re: The Virtues Of The Month Of Sha'aban by techrola: 9:43am On Mar 12, 2021
NaijaOlosho:

Islam condemn boko Haram, terrorist herdsmen and terrorists bandits...

2 Likes

Re: The Virtues Of The Month Of Sha'aban by alasane: 9:59am On Mar 12, 2021
Queenlovely:
I have to be matured here, I respect every religion.

I miss my flight to Islamabad today

Munafiqoon sighted....may Allah have mercy on your soul

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Virtues Of The Month Of Sha'aban by alasane: 10:04am On Mar 12, 2021
NaijaOlosho:

That is your media narrative that possesses near-celestial powers.
and you supported;
Kidnapping
Ritualist
cultist
abortion
raping
Re: The Virtues Of The Month Of Sha'aban by Techreliance(m): 10:04am On Mar 12, 2021
May Allah Subhanau wata'ala spare us on His deen and not count us among of those upon whom Thy wrath is brought down, nor of those who go astray. Aameen.

1 Like

Re: The Virtues Of The Month Of Sha'aban by error4040: 10:10am On Mar 12, 2021
NaijaOlosho:

Stoooopid!

1 Like

Re: The Virtues Of The Month Of Sha'aban by tolufase: 10:29am On Mar 12, 2021
toe author=Queenlovely post=99817855]I have to be matured here, I respect every religion.

I miss my flight to Islamabad today[/quote]

To some extent, we Muslims are lazy to propagate this noble religion.
Re: The Virtues Of The Month Of Sha'aban by Tranquility4u: 10:40am On Mar 12, 2021
NaijaOlosho:

Islam condemns all forms of terrorism. Islam does not, in any way, support terrorism. Bokoharam, terrorist herdsmen and bandits do not know about Islam. If they knew about Islamic Teaching they wouldn't be terrorising and killing people as they are doing.

Islam does not support terrorism.

1 Like

Re: The Virtues Of The Month Of Sha'aban by bootycapon(m): 2:47pm On Mar 12, 2021
May Allah make it easier for us all.
Jumat Mubarak
Re: The Virtues Of The Month Of Sha'aban by Diamondsaheed(m): 4:48pm On Mar 12, 2021
proudly Muslim
Re: The Virtues Of The Month Of Sha'aban by musajo1(m): 9:30pm On Mar 12, 2021
There are only 2 religions in this world and they islam and others
Re: The Virtues Of The Month Of Sha'aban by hardeytarhyour(m): 8:52pm On Mar 13, 2021
NaijaOlosho:

Fear, neither Islam nor Muslims doesn't support all those your mentioned because they don'thave anything to do with Islam they are just futily trying to Islamise their terrorism
Re: The Virtues Of The Month Of Sha'aban by ANTIlSLAM(m): 1:12pm On Mar 15, 2021
Tranquility4u:

Islam condemns all forms of terrorism. Islam does not, in any way, support terrorism. Bokoharam, terrorist herdsmen and bandits do not know about Islam. If they knew about Islamic Teaching they wouldn't be terrorising and killing people as they are doing.

Islam does not support terrorism.

They only shout allahu akbar before committing gruesome crime, beheading, various form of mayhem, etc since they are not Muslims isn't it?
Re: The Virtues Of The Month Of Sha'aban by ANTIlSLAM(m): 1:20pm On Mar 15, 2021
OBALOLA55:
THE LIKES OF OSHIGUN THATFAIRGUY SEUNMSG GBAGURA HELINUES AKA MONOGAMY ARE THE PEOPLE AL-QURAN DESCRIBED AS MUNAFIQUN (HYPOCRITES). THEY ARE ASHAMED OF THEIR RELIGION.

I STILL MAINTAIN THAT ISLAM IS THE RELIGION ORDAINED BY THE ALMIGHTY GOD FOR MANKIND cool

If your allah ordained Islam, directly you're saying allah is a Muslim?

(1) (Reply)

The Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason / Natural Phenomena Showing The Oneness Of Allah (pics) / Match-making The Single & Searching Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.