Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,316 members, 7,822,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? (21426 Views)

My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views / 61-Year-Old Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After 40 Years In Marriage. Photos / How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by uthlaw: 4:08pm On Mar 14, 2021
Gentle0wavez:

The old testament is very, very, very important too, and I'm not in anyway belittling it but the question that was asked about Jesus, the old testament would not answer it clearly. Apostle Paul clearly explained the new covenant of the blood of Jesus and why he is lord.
but come to think of it,is it possible for a God to die...
The same Jesus said:my father is greater than I and all?
How come is the Lord again?
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by babtoundey(m): 4:26pm On Mar 14, 2021
Ladycewhy:
Says a terrorist that will dagger people over petty things in the name of religion.

Says the one ready to kill their own daughters in honour killing for bringing a Christian man home for marriage.

Says the one ready to blow themselves up for 72 virgins

And so on ...

If you want to talk about stupidly insensitive ,look within your mosques.

And just so you know I have no problem with hindus ,buddists, atheists etc say but head slammers.

If I was as stupid, brainless and incurably foolish as you are, I would reply you with the same energy. But, I cherish my sanity. No matter how, I will avoid swimming in the stain of infamy with you.
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by bilulu(m): 4:32pm On Mar 14, 2021
blazepascal:
its never a problem
it's a big problem... never ignore the differences.
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by WudBMother: 4:38pm On Mar 14, 2021
Answer the following questions and decide.

1. Can your love truly cover everything?
2. Are you ready to convert to Islam?
3. What will be the spiritual focus of your family - Islam or Christian.
4. What values will you teach your children? Jesus is the only way for salvation, but your Daddy is....
5. Will there fighting from his family or yours?- She wants to change our son, She is taking our children to church. Don't baptize our children. Your parents might take same stance regarding you.
6. As a Christian, do you want to spend most of your prayer time for the rest of your life , praying for him to convert?
7. Are you ready to live with the chance of 3 other women joining the family as wives?
8. Most importantly, what does your Bible say about this? Go and read it. You will get the best counsel from it.

The present commitment of the man to his religious preference is of no importance. If he is not so committed today, he can become more committed tomorrow and vice versa.

Onyi22:
From my inbox

I met this guy in my final year in school, we almost shared the same view in life, he possesed all the qualities I need in a man.

He's so caring, kind, handsome, a good pay Job n from a humble home, I can't deny the fact that I Love him.

But the issue is that he's a Muslim while am a christian lady.

Pls house does religion matters in marriage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Ladycewhy(f): 4:40pm On Mar 14, 2021
babtoundey:

If I was as stupid, brainless and incurably foolish as you are, I would reply you with the same energy. But, I cherish my sanity. No matter how, I will avoid swimming in the stain of infamy with you.
bla bla bla, that's because you can't refute any point I made. The truth hurts,bet you wish you can dagger me for blasphemy because e nor dey hard una to do undecided.
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by yetunsbay(m): 4:46pm On Mar 14, 2021
Gentle0wavez:

Do Muslim believe that Jesus Christ is lord, if not then they are unbelievers, that's what I mean.
here lies the misconception. Jesus is never Lord but servant of the Most High (God) just like Prophet Muhammed P.B.U.H . Furthermore, every real Muslims are mandated to belief in Prophet Issa (Jesus).
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by babtoundey(m): 4:48pm On Mar 14, 2021
Ellasure:
Fyi the Islamic teachers have specially instructed their educated young men to marry Christian young ladies irrespective of whatever the ladies think or believe.

For material wealth you could be sucked into a future you will regret greatly. There are enough movies and films showing the marriage union between faiths and the joys and sadness that follows. It can be scarry if the man of other religions turned and demand his religion should be followed. Anything can happen.

Tinubu family is a case, true. Ask yourself the question what is the religion of the children of the union? Does Pastor madam Tinubu goes to church alone or with the children? How does she cope with the children going to mosque while she goes to pastor a church ? Journalism does not ask all the questions.

All that glitters is not gold. Shine your eyes before jumping the boat.

If you as a Christian (woman) are married to a Muslim (Man) you believe all if fair, fine a d all rights if all children follow you to church and go against the faith of their father. But it is unfair and wrong when those children follow their father to the mosque. Why must we be selfish! Are children robots that you must dictate to them what God to must worship? If all Tinubu's children are all Muslim (as you said) why should the mother be worried as long as the religion is not foisted on them?
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Gentle0wavez: 4:55pm On Mar 14, 2021
uthlaw:
but come to think of it,is it possible for a God to die...
The same Jesus said:my father is greater than I and all?
How come is the Lord again?

No na, even your soul is immortal talk less of a God
Like I said read your bible well you will see that God brought Jesus to his level as lord of all after he died on the cross.
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by HabibGwen230(f): 5:08pm On Mar 14, 2021
My friend Priscilia is in deep shit now,crying like mumu everyday....the wahala is she's a member of GOFAMINT and her lover Ire is celestial and daddy wont consent to it.pls is cele also an unbeliever?abi is jesus different from jesu.most xtians of different churches hates themselves not to talk of accepting a muslim,some even see themselves superior to others...shior
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by God2man2again(m): 5:42pm On Mar 14, 2021
It matters oooo.

Never marry another religion, I say never try it.

No matter how nice the person may be
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Kingzeez10: 7:28pm On Mar 14, 2021
Ladycewhy:
Tell us about HONOR KILLING in islam.

Terrorists,I bet you wish you can dagger me through the screen for blasphemy grin grin cheesy
Dagger you indeed .Grow up mf
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Oweku: 8:22pm On Mar 14, 2021
Nairalandian:
Allahu Akbar & Jesus is Lord

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by AWAYOlowo: 8:57pm On Mar 14, 2021
Common you need not spite people way of life to make your view known. It just does not make sense.

Gentle0wavez:
Why would you be asking this, Yes it's important. It doesn't matter how nice he is, as long as he is an unbeliever, he is disqualified. The bible say don't be unequally yoked ( marriage ) with unbelievers
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Femeto: 9:06pm On Mar 14, 2021
Yankee101:

Matthew 10:16
Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves
Really? E no follow. grin
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by ImaIma1(f): 9:23pm On Mar 14, 2021
ALISMILE:
So a man putting his head on the ground in total submission and worship to his Lord, same way Jesus worshipped, same way Many prophets of God worshipped, is something you couldn't digest
And you had to call it quit

Guy it wasn't about him bowing his head, lying down or whatever. It was the realization that we cannot agree together in prayer in the same faith
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Yankee101: 9:25pm On Mar 14, 2021
Femeto:
Really? E no follow. grin

Ephesians 1:17 - That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by ImaIma1(f): 9:26pm On Mar 14, 2021
Lagoon0:

You christian are very bad! My mum destroyed my sis relationship with a good Muslim brother. cheesy funny enough if she bring anymatter to me I use to remind of her decision that were bad!

I hate religious bigot , they're all foolz . I was in a canteen some years back when one deeper life brother came to buy food and couldn't pay completely.

The guy sitting close to me with triple sag jeans paid the meal do the deeper life brother.

I just laugh , after everyone left I told the food seller , had it been the deeperlife brother was the one eating with a lot of money on him, while the triple sag guy was the one broke, the deeper life people I sabi will see it has a punishment from God.

Most of you bigot will commit a lot of sin unknowingly .

Whatever the case, my preference was a Christian because I am a Christian. I didn't want to complicate my life and children's life with religious diversity.

That is not to say that there are no worthy Muslim men.
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Ladycewhy(f): 10:09pm On Mar 14, 2021
Kingzeez10:

Dagger you indeed .Grow up mf
Tell that to your brothers moving around with daggers in their jalabia. They are the mfs who need to grow up.

Also don't forget to lecture your brothers strapping themselves with bombs for 72 virgins on how to grow up.
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Coolgent(m): 11:50pm On Mar 14, 2021
Gentle0wavez:

Do Muslim believe that Jesus Christ is lord, if not then they are unbelievers, that's what I mean.

Jesus Christ (peace be upon him) is a messenger of God cool that's our believe.
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by djon78(m): 1:35pm On Mar 15, 2021
babtoundey:

If you as a Christian (woman) are married to a Muslim (Man) you believe all if fair, fine a d all rights if all children follow you to church and go against the faith of their father. But it is unfair and wrong when those children follow their father to the mosque. Why must we be selfish! Are children robots that you must dictate to them what God to must worship? If all Tinubu's children are all Muslim (as you said) why should the mother be worried as long as the religion is not foisted on them?

That's why one should not mix religion because of the consequences.

Let each religion marry each other
Mixed religious marriage carries it's own wahala
Although those in South West does it but from the East it's not possible
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Collins4444: 7:10pm On Mar 19, 2021
Please anyone in need of *Melon (egusi), peeled and Unpeeled
*Maize (white and yellow)
*Soya beans
*Irish potatoes
*sweet potatoes
*Carrots
*Strawberry
*Cabbage *Zobo leaves
*Onions and other items,
Are available at affordable prices. Reach me on 08164195788
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 19, 2021
Onyi22:
From my inbox

I met this guy in my final year in school, we almost shared the same view in life, he possesed all the qualities I need in a man.

He's so caring, kind, handsome, a good pay Job n from a humble home, I can't deny the fact that I Love him.

It doesn't matter. If he possesses the qualities you like in a man, go ahead and marry him.

1 Like

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 7:00pm On Mar 23, 2021
blingxx:

My mom is xtian and my dad is Muslim ,my uncle also married a Christian woman...pls go and die sir wink

You are deceiving yourselves
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by blingxx(m): 9:16pm On Mar 23, 2021
ENIGMATIC2023:

You are deceiving yourselves

you ever wonder why white man no carry religion for head like us yet their country is progressing
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by DC49: 8:23am On Mar 25, 2021
urbobo20:
it never and it will never be a problem . am a christan born and broth up in delta state . married a yoruba muslem born and broth up in lagos , and we both move to warri we are leaving in peace and respect

May God bless you more, brother. It's stories like this that make my day!

1 Like

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Myer(m): 7:17am On Sep 04, 2021
Gentle0wavez:
Why would you be asking this, Yes it's important. It doesn't matter how nice he is, as long as he is an unbeliever, he is disqualified. The bible say don't be unequally yoked ( marriage ) with unbelievers

Extremist verses.lol
Do you realise that the "don't be unequally yoked with unbelievers" was not referring to marriage but any form of relationship?

Do you have friends, business partners, family, boss that's an unbeliever?
Then you should cut them off from your life and stop associating with them.
You should only associate with fellow believers.

Cos if you have any unbeliever as a friend or family or business partner then you're as wrong as anyone who marries an unbeliever according to the verse you referenced.

Balance is very important. There are verses which balance this. Otherwise you become an extremist who is just a stone throw from being a terrorist fighting for his God.

This is where you must learn to have personal study and not swallow everything your pastor says hook line and sinker.

Juxtapose the verse you referenced 2 Cor 6:14 with 1 Cor 7:12-15

Also remember that Moses married an unbeliever from another tribe entirely.
Yet when his siblings complained about it, God himself defended him and even struck Miriam with leprosy.

My advice to the OP,

If you can marry a fellow Christian like you, it is advisable you do so cos it should help you both grow together as Christians.
But the bible does not forbid you from marrying an unbeliever. What you should be concerned with is that you both share core value systems together.
And you're both prepared with the challenges from family and society.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Gentle0wavez: 9:55am On Oct 07, 2021
Myer:

Extremist verses.lol
Do you realise that the "don't be unequally yoked with unbelievers" was not referring to marriage but any form of relationship?

Do you have friends, business partners, family, boss that's an unbeliever?
Then you should cut them off from your life and stop associating with them.
You should only associate with fellow believers.

Cos if you have any unbeliever as a friend or family or business partner then you're as wrong as anyone who marries an unbeliever according to the verse you referenced.

Balance is very important. There are verses which balance this. Otherwise you become an extremist who is just a stone throw from being a terrorist fighting for his God.

This is where you must learn to have personal study and not swallow everything your pastor says hook line and sinker.

Juxtapose the verse you referenced 2 Cor 6:14 with 1 Cor 7:12-15

Also remember that Moses married an unbeliever from another tribe entirely.
Yet when his siblings complained about it, God himself defended him and even struck Miriam with leprosy.

My advice to the OP,

If you can marry a fellow Christian like you, it is advisable you do so cos it should help you both grow together as Christians.
But the bible does not forbid you from marrying an unbeliever. What you should be concerned with is that you both share core value systems together.
And you're both prepared with the challenges from family and society.

Yeah I know it involves all other relationship apart from marriage. Yes I have unbelievers as friends and even parent but marriage is deeper and more serious now
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Oct 07, 2021
Onyi22:
From my inbox

Yes o...
Religion matters...
You may rhink ir doesnt now, but what happens when you start having kids?? Will they be muslims or christians?? Will they go to a church or a mosque??

Dont play with a persons belief system o...
Like it or not, our beliefs is what drives us...

I kmow there will always be conflicts in marriages and all, but a conflict due to an innate belief system is not one that can be resolved easily...
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by MufasaLion: 7:38am On Oct 08, 2021
It doesn't matter except you marry a fanatic or extremist. I don't care about religion.
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by MufasaLion: 7:40am On Oct 08, 2021
Favfables:

Yes o...
Religion matters...
You may rhink ir doesnt now, but what happens when you start having kids?? Will they be muslims or christians?? Will they go to a church or a mosque??

Dont play with a persons belief system o...
Like it or not, our beliefs is what drives us...

I kmow there will always be conflicts in marriages and all, but a conflict due to an innate belief system is not one that can be resolved easily...

Imagine what you're saying. So you are the one to decide your kids faith? Kids must be allowed to choose their own faith irrespective of the background.
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 08, 2021
MufasaLion:

Imagine what you're saying. So you are the one to decide your kids faith? Kids must be allowed to choose their own faith irrespective of the background.

Nope....
You're the one who needs to imagine what you're saying...

So you give birth to a child today, and you allow the child to choose his faith today?? Listen, until a child get to an age where he can make decisions on his/her own, the decisions will always be made for that child by the parents...

A child of 3 can't decide if he wants to be a Christian or Muslim, at that point, he will most definitely be whatever the parent chooses for him (religious wise et Al)...

Guy whatever religion you practiced as a child is largely because of your parents (or whoever you grew up with)... If your parents were any other religion that's where you most likely would be as a kid or an adult (very few adults are in a religion different from whoever brought them up)

So what happens then??

1 Like

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by MufasaLion: 11:11am On Oct 08, 2021
Favfables:

Nope....
You're the one who needs to imagine what you're saying...

So you give birth to a child today, and you allow the child to choose his faith today?? Listen, until a child get to an age where he can make decisions on his/her own, the decisions will always be made for that child by the parents...

A child of 3 can't decide if he wants to be a Christian or Muslim, at that point, he will most definitely be whatever the parent chooses for him (religious wise et Al)...

Guy whatever religion you practiced as a child is largely because of your parents (or whoever you grew up with)... If your parents were any other religion that's where you most likely would be as a kid or an adult (very few adults are in a religion different from whoever brought them up)

So what happens then??

You only emphasised on my point also. A child will choose his faith but it's gonna be the he's of age.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? / Broken Eye Socket And Knocked Teeth – Lady Shares Her Story Of Domestic Violence / Pastor Seeks Dissolution Of 15 Years Marriage Over Nagging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.