Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Why Do People Place Sacrifice On T-junction? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Place Sacrifice On T-junction? (8717 Views)

Two Preachers Exchange Words At UNIPORT Junction Over The Abuse Of God’s Word / Prophet Caught Bathing Man Inside A Native Basket At A Junction In Ekiti. Photos / Is This Bird Witchcraft Sacrifice Or What? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Place Sacrifice On T-junction? by FreeSpirited: 5:36pm On Mar 12, 2021
In Yoruba, which I'm very familiar with, ẹbọ, called, sacrifice is very commonly placed on T-Junction- oritameta-
Recently, I was walking along our street to buy recharge card around 10pm, then I saw this bizarre sacrifice in a calabash, comprising egg, eko, palm oil and some other food item I don't know, placed on the Tjunction branching off to where I was going
I have seen this too often on T-Junction, so I had to ask within me: why are sacrifices placed on T-Junction? Why? What's special about T-Junction that sacrifice are mostly placed there?
I would appreciate your well informed answer. Thanks.
Re: Why Do People Place Sacrifice On T-junction? by Righteousness2(m): 5:51pm On Mar 12, 2021
Demonic Sacrifices are carried out or placed in a T- junction because it usually a 3way access point.
They intend to affect people or someone irrespective of the part you take.
But if you are a Genuie child of GOD, their sacrifice or whatever is in vain!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Place Sacrifice On T-junction? by FreeSpirited: 5:52pm On Mar 12, 2021
Righteousness2:
T
is T your reply Mr Righteousness
Re: Why Do People Place Sacrifice On T-junction? by ab1x: 5:53pm On Mar 12, 2021
There are different reasons why sacrifice are offered. It may be for breakthrough, atonement, blessing etc.
From what I learnt in the past is that esu (devil) reside in the roundabout.
When the witches( black, red and white) are coming into the earth, there meeting point was the roundabout and they made a convenant with the devil to always bring sacrifice for the devil at that spot. So whenever, they cast a spell on individual, the herbalist will instruct the person that they must offer a sacrifice and put it at the roundabout so that they can allow the devil to eat because if he does not eat from it, they may not likely be set free.

Above all, Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. Accept him as your personal lord and saviour. No need offering any sacrifice to any being created by God.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Place Sacrifice On T-junction? by FreeSpirited: 6:14pm On Mar 12, 2021
ab1x:
There are different reasons why sacrifice are offered. It may be for breakthrough, atonement, blessing etc.
When the witches( black, red and white) are coming into the earth, there meeting point was the roundabout and they made a convenant with the devil to always bring sacrifice for the devil at that spot. So whenever, they cast a spell on individual, the herbalist will instruct the person that they must offer a sacrifice and put it at the roundabout so that they can allow the devil to eat because if he does not eat from it, they may not likely be set free.

Above all, Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. Accept him as your personal lord and saviour. No need offering any sacrifice to any being created by God.
Bros, why do they prefer roundabout as their meeting point?
Re: Why Do People Place Sacrifice On T-junction? by FreeSpirited: 6:16pm On Mar 12, 2021
Righteousness2:
Demonic Sacrifices are carried out or placed in a T- junction because it usually a 3way access point.
They intend to affect people or someone irrespective of the part you take.
But if you are a Genuie child of GOD, their sacrifice or whatever is in vain!
If it's about affecting people any path they take, what about people who don't stay around that area where the sacrifice was placed, whom sacrifice was invoked to affect regardless of where they stay?
Re: Why Do People Place Sacrifice On T-junction? by ab1x: 6:19pm On Mar 12, 2021
FreeSpirited:

Bros, why do they prefer, roundabout, i.e Tujunction?

There is a standing agreement between esu (Devil or Satan), that whenever the witches want to free people or bless them they must bring food for him at the roundabout. That is where esu reside.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Place Sacrifice On T-junction? by FreeSpirited: 6:21pm On Mar 12, 2021
ab1x:

There is a standing agreement between esu (Devil or Satan), that whenever the witches want to free people or bless them they must bring food for him at the roundabout. That is where esu reside.
Nawao
Re: Why Do People Place Sacrifice On T-junction? by FreeSpirited: 9:07am On Mar 13, 2021
ab1x:

How do we confirm this assertion? From what source is this information being cited from? Thanks if you can expatiate

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Place Sacrifice On T-junction? by sonmvayina(m): 10:51am On Mar 13, 2021
The sacrifices placed in the road junction is usually for esu. Esu is not the devil. Esu is the orisha or the cross road. The yoruba has no concept of devil just like the igbos or the jews.. The orishas has no power beyond that which God has entrusted them. Most times they need permission from God before they carry out any activity that is not in their job description. They all work for the creator..
God created both light and darkness, good and evil. All belongs to him. God is all powerful. His power is not restricted to good only. All means all..

I wonder where people get rhe power they give devil and the rest?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Place Sacrifice On T-junction? by FreeSpirited: 11:03am On Mar 13, 2021
sonmvayina:
The sacrifices placed in the road junction is usually for esu. Esu is not the devil. Esu is the orisha or the cross road. The yoruba has no concept of devil just like the igbos or the jews.. The orishas has no power beyond that which God has entrusted them. Most times they need permission from God before they carry out any activity that is not in their job description. They all work for the creator..
God created both light and darkness, good and evil. All belongs to him. God is all powerful. His power is not restricted to good only. All means all..

I wonder where people get rhe power they give devil and the rest?
Hmm. You mean even Jews who wrote the old and new testament don't have the concept of devil? Sounds like a biblical paradox ...
Re: Why Do People Place Sacrifice On T-junction? by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 13, 2021
From what I learnt in the past, Jesus (devil) resides at the crossroads.
When the witches( red,white, and blue) are coming into the earth, their meeting point is the crossroads and they‘ve made a convenant with the devil (Jesus) to always bring sacrifice for the devil (Jesus)at that spot. So whenever, they cast a spell on individual, the herbalist will instruct the person that they must offer a sacrifice and put it at a crossroad so that they can allow Jesus to eat because if he does not eat from it, they may not likely be set free. He needs to eat to replenish his body and remain sufficient for Christians taking the holy communion.

Above all, Ifa is the way, the truth and the life. Accept Ifa as your guide and reject Jesus (devil) . No need for any man to guide any being created by God.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Place Sacrifice On T-junction? by Uyi168: 12:58pm On Mar 13, 2021
ab1x:

Esu in Yoruba is not devil/Satan.

Know your history before spewing thrash.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Place Sacrifice On T-junction? by Uyi168: 12:59pm On Mar 13, 2021
FreeSpirited:

Hmm. You mean even Jews who wrote the old and new testament don't have the concept of devil? Sounds like a biblical paradox ...

Who told u the jews wrote the new testament??..

Do names like mark and co sound Jewish to u??

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Place Sacrifice On T-junction? by FreeSpirited: 1:10pm On Mar 13, 2021
Uyi168:
Does Jesus sound Jewish to you? Let's start the argument from here...
Re: Why Do People Place Sacrifice On T-junction? by 1Sharon(f): 1:26pm On Mar 13, 2021
ab1x:

Esu is not the same as the devil, don't try that shit.

There is no word for "the devil" in Yoruba language, don't kid yourself.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Place Sacrifice On T-junction? by 1Sharon(f): 1:32pm On Mar 13, 2021
FreeSpirited:

Bros, why do they prefer roundabout as their meeting point?

He's talking nonsense.

Have roundabouts always existed in Nigeria?
Re: Why Do People Place Sacrifice On T-junction? by 1Sharon(f): 1:33pm On Mar 13, 2021
FreeSpirited:

How do we confirm this assertion? From what source is this information being cited from? Thanks if you can expatiate

The holy spirit.
Re: Why Do People Place Sacrifice On T-junction? by 1Sharon(f): 1:36pm On Mar 13, 2021
Martian:
From what I learnt in the past, Jesus (devil) resides at the crossroads.
When the witches( red,white, and blue) are coming into the earth, their meeting point is the crossroads and they‘ve made a convenant with the devil (Jesus) to always bring sacrifice for the devil (Jesus)at that spot. So whenever, they cast a spell on individual, the herbalist will instruct the person that they must offer a sacrifice and put it at a crossroad so that they can allow Jesus to eat because if he does not eat from it, they may not likely be set free. He needs to eat to replenish his body and remain sufficient for Christians taking the holy communion.

Above all, Ifa is the way, the truth and the life. Accept Ifa as your guide and reject Jesus (devil) . No need for any man to guide any being created by God.

I see what you did there. grin grin
Re: Why Do People Place Sacrifice On T-junction? by 1Sharon(f): 1:39pm On Mar 13, 2021
Uyi168:

Jews actually hate the new testament and Christianity LOL

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Place Sacrifice On T-junction? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 13, 2021
1Sharon:

Jews actually hate the new testament and Christianity LOL

The zionist Jews tolerate Christianity because the christians view them as “chosen people” who must reside in the area they call Israel in order to build a temple that will signal the return of Jesus. American christian support enables them to build “settlements” while ignoring the rights and needs of the people they displace.
They may not give a damn about Jesus but the present day Jews in Israel appreciate christian ignorance and apocalyptic beliefs.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Place Sacrifice On T-junction? by ab1x: 2:02pm On Mar 13, 2021
Uyi168:
Esu in Yoruba is not devil/Satan.

Know your history before spewing thrash.

You dont need to get angry over my comment. You are free to tell your view about it. Grow up. Ok?
Re: Why Do People Place Sacrifice On T-junction? by ab1x: 2:08pm On Mar 13, 2021
1Sharon:

Esu is not the same as the devil, don't try that shit.

There is no word for "the devil" in Yoruba language, don't kid yourself.

That was why I put esu in yoruba in the first place. For easy understanding, I translate it to Satan/devil using biblical context. No hard feelings. If you have a better explanation you are free to say it as well
Re: Why Do People Place Sacrifice On T-junction? by ab1x: 2:10pm On Mar 13, 2021
FreeSpirited:

People who are knowledgeable in Ifa or yoruba can confirm the story above.
Re: Why Do People Place Sacrifice On T-junction? by 1Sharon(f): 2:12pm On Mar 13, 2021
Martian:

The zionist Jews tolerate Christianity because the christians view them as “chosen people” who must reside in the area they call Israel in order to build a temple that will signal the return of Jesus. American christian support enables them to build “settlements” while ignoring the rights and needs of the people they displace.
They may not give a damn about Jesus but the present day Jews in Israel appreciate christian ignorance and apocalyptic beliefs.

Well said. Those people are cold and calculated.

Christians are the Jews useful idiots

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Place Sacrifice On T-junction? by 1Sharon(f): 2:12pm On Mar 13, 2021
ab1x:

People who are knowledgeable in Ifa or yoruba can confirm the story above.

You aren't knowledgeable in Yoruba, you're ignorant.
Re: Why Do People Place Sacrifice On T-junction? by 1Sharon(f): 2:27pm On Mar 13, 2021
ab1x:

That was why I put esu in yoruba in the first place. For easy understanding, I translate it to Satan/devil using biblical context. No hard feelings. If you have a better explanation you are free to say it as well

Esu and the devil are not the same, so why would you do that?

Before Yorubas accepted Christianity, what did Esu mean back then?

Now all of a sudden Esu is a devil?

There is no word for 'the devil' in Yoruba, that concept is foreign.

Colonization worked on you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Place Sacrifice On T-junction? by sonmvayina(m): 2:37pm On Mar 13, 2021
FreeSpirited:

The jews wrote only the old testament. They call it the Tanakh. It is the Romans that stole it and built or added their own paganism at the end of Malachi. Which they called the new testament. They called both the bible.

Judaism and christianity are two different religions.

Judaism has no concept of a devil that rebeled against his creator or a dual opposite of God. The orishas are all part of God. They represent laws and principles within God..

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Place Sacrifice On T-junction? by ab1x: 2:51pm On Mar 13, 2021
1Sharon:

You aren't knowledgeable in Yoruba, you're ignorant.

Alright. Thanks for the correction

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Place Sacrifice On T-junction? by ab1x: 2:51pm On Mar 13, 2021
1Sharon:

Esu and the devil are not the same, so why would you do that?

Before Yorubas accepted Christianity, what did Esu mean back then?

Now all of a sudden Esu is a devil?

There is no word for 'the devil' in Yoruba, that concept is foreign.

Colonization worked on you.

So esu means satan. Is that it ?
Re: Why Do People Place Sacrifice On T-junction? by 1Sharon(f): 2:53pm On Mar 13, 2021
ab1x:

So esu means satan. Is that it ?

No it does not. There's no word for Satan in yoruba
Re: Why Do People Place Sacrifice On T-junction? by ab1x: 3:14pm On Mar 13, 2021
1Sharon:

No it does not. There's no word for Satan in yoruba

Okay. Esu is esu. No English translation ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Is Evil / Join Pastor Chris To Pray On Yookos / Why You Shouldn't Hurt Anyone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.