Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Lessons I Learnt In Dubai As A Nigerian (Video) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lessons I Learnt In Dubai As A Nigerian (Video) (43299 Views)

What I Learnt After Visiting The Brazilian Presidential Palace(photos, Video) / How To Get Employed Faster In Dubai As A Nigerian: Part 2 / Tips To Get Jobs Faster In UAE (Dubai) As A Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lessons I Learnt In Dubai As A Nigerian (Video) by Dubaiguy: 11:42am On Mar 15, 2021
Having been in Dubai for 6 years, there are several hard knock lessons and funny knowledge i have acquired in this country that I feel Nigerians should know before planning to visit to the "Arab" country- especially those who are looking to emigrate and settle down.

Firstly laws are king here. Irrespective of the gravity of the offence, no matter how little or big, if you flout the law, you will pay the fine or do the time. For instance, while walking in the street, I have to use my mask else I risk paying a fine of 3000 dirhams. Omo it's money over here esp for some of us that didn't come the Hushpuppi way. Convert it to Naira - over not wearing masks or not wearing it properly

2) Dubai can be very very hot in the summer( around February to October). I would have used the "f" word if it's allowed here. Like such regions, in the winter it's as cold as the "North Pole". In places like fujaira, snow fall during the winter.

3) People smoke like a chimney here. As a matter of fact, there are no official places whete you can't smoke. On the road, in the garden, blow your cigar away. But if you aren't comfortable, you can easily tell the smoker near you, or take my advice. Just walk away.

5) My brewery brothers you can now drink alcohol! Unlike before when drinking alcohol attracts a possible jail term, now the restriction have been removed and you will see people casually drinking canned alcoholic drinks in the streets.

6) Friday is Sunday here; Here, people rests on Fridays and go to work from Sundays - Thursdays, and some people go to work on Saturdays too. But, generally everybody is free on Friday, the Muslims go to Mosque, and the Christians church.. yea, there are Christians in Dubai, you will even find churches like Redeem around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMlkMmuvg7o

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lessons I Learnt In Dubai As A Nigerian (Video) by Ever8090: 11:51am On Mar 15, 2021
Ok...are you still staying or you will come back let me go and take your place..no matter the laws and heat, I will gladly remain there grin

105 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Lessons I Learnt In Dubai As A Nigerian (Video) by Dubaiguy: 11:55am On Mar 15, 2021
Ever8090:
Ok...are you still staying or you will come back let me go and take your place..no matter the laws and heat, I will gladly remain there grin
bro with the news I am seeing about Nigeria. Abeg oo. By the way you can watch the video for more things you need to know before going to Dubai.. especially their girls.

Don't laugh at my face o tongue

Please help my good cause. Subscribe to my channel too if you plan to visit Dubai any day. You will get loads of information. God bless

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lessons I Learnt In Dubai As A Nigerian (Video) by sketcherJ(m): 1:24pm On Mar 15, 2021
Cool. Worthy of FP. Hahahha I see lalasticlala viewing
Re: Lessons I Learnt In Dubai As A Nigerian (Video) by Yifakob: 1:28pm On Mar 15, 2021
sketcherJ:
Cool. Worthy of FP. Hahahha I see lalasticlala viewing

Completely worthy of front page.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lessons I Learnt In Dubai As A Nigerian (Video) by BruncleZuma: 1:28pm On Mar 15, 2021
grin grin grin grin
Re: Lessons I Learnt In Dubai As A Nigerian (Video) by Sundy3am: 1:29pm On Mar 15, 2021
Ever8090:

2 Likes

Re: Lessons I Learnt In Dubai As A Nigerian (Video) by fait10(m): 1:29pm On Mar 15, 2021
sad
Re: Lessons I Learnt In Dubai As A Nigerian (Video) by GIANTPLUSHUB: 1:29pm On Mar 15, 2021
Nice one. Quite educative.
Re: Lessons I Learnt In Dubai As A Nigerian (Video) by Perfecttouch(m): 1:29pm On Mar 15, 2021
Ok
Re: Lessons I Learnt In Dubai As A Nigerian (Video) by jaynom009: 1:29pm On Mar 15, 2021
hain we must still go grin

1 Like

Re: Lessons I Learnt In Dubai As A Nigerian (Video) by JosephXavier: 1:30pm On Mar 15, 2021
Really interesting

I think Dubai is a very nice place and they value their laws

The hotness their is something else, you can imagine a temperature above 45 degrees, lols, just 33 degrees in Abuja here will make you feel like you're almost melting

1 Like

Re: Lessons I Learnt In Dubai As A Nigerian (Video) by Wonk(m): 1:30pm On Mar 15, 2021
Remember those days in Iraq

1 Like

Re: Lessons I Learnt In Dubai As A Nigerian (Video) by hurryup123(m): 1:31pm On Mar 15, 2021
make I sit down hia first
Re: Lessons I Learnt In Dubai As A Nigerian (Video) by seyz91(m): 1:31pm On Mar 15, 2021
your reports are not completes about "things one should know before emigrating there"

There's more to that country than the beautiful places and views oo

with the hustle there dem go suck your blood dry as the OP said up there that for people wey no come the "hushpuppi wat" sadly its the only way you can enjoy dubai better

Hustle way aint it
Dubaiguy:

Re: Lessons I Learnt In Dubai As A Nigerian (Video) by moneyissweet(m): 1:32pm On Mar 15, 2021
Dubai,how I missed my house in mantaka hamdan.

Will be right back during shopping festival.

3 Likes

Re: Lessons I Learnt In Dubai As A Nigerian (Video) by addexx: 1:32pm On Mar 15, 2021
Dubaiguy:
bro with the news I am seeing about Nigeria. Abeg oo. By the way you can watch the video for more things you need to know before going to Dubai.. especially their girls.

Don't laugh at my face o tongue

What about cost of living, crime rate , social life, racism etc

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lessons I Learnt In Dubai As A Nigerian (Video) by PETUK(m): 1:32pm On Mar 15, 2021
I was born in heat, in fact I was conceived during heat period (biologically) so heat is no problem. Dubai here i come. Naija, I move

5 Likes

Re: Lessons I Learnt In Dubai As A Nigerian (Video) by Issues40(m): 1:33pm On Mar 15, 2021
Op, nothing can discourage me. Whether the weather bakes people over there like fresh bread or not, I must still make it to Dubai.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lessons I Learnt In Dubai As A Nigerian (Video) by Sigala: 1:33pm On Mar 15, 2021
We won
Re: Lessons I Learnt In Dubai As A Nigerian (Video) by jimmyolasun: 1:34pm On Mar 15, 2021
shey their babes LA hot with big firm boobs as e dey on xvideos

and shey four legs under hajia lawani plenty too...??

4 Likes

Re: Lessons I Learnt In Dubai As A Nigerian (Video) by paduzman: 1:35pm On Mar 15, 2021
Make sense
Re: Lessons I Learnt In Dubai As A Nigerian (Video) by GreaterFuture(m): 1:35pm On Mar 15, 2021
Ok

1 Like

Re: Lessons I Learnt In Dubai As A Nigerian (Video) by 1beat(m): 1:36pm On Mar 15, 2021
everybody with his own story .. God dey Sha .
Re: Lessons I Learnt In Dubai As A Nigerian (Video) by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 15, 2021
Ever8090:
no mind am, all these things he listed above is nothing compared to what Nigerians pass through here in Nigeria, or has he forgoten that Buhari and Apc are still punishing us for nothing??

5 Likes

Re: Lessons I Learnt In Dubai As A Nigerian (Video) by justhairs(m): 1:37pm On Mar 15, 2021
if that's the only thing we need to know then it's no news....Dubai we moveeeeee

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Story Of How I Got Deported From Canada(pictures) / Alex Otti Tours Port Harcourt Road, Aba With Julius Berger (Photos) / Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.