Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,907 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Awka City Stadium In Anambra (Pictures) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Awka City Stadium In Anambra (Pictures) (26964 Views)

Obiano Commissions UltraModern Awka City Stadium, Awka (Pictures). / Olembe City Stadium Cameroon In Pictures / Awka City Stadium Taking Shape (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awka City Stadium In Anambra (Pictures) by marvin906(m): 8:29am On Mar 16, 2021
Nice

1 Like

Re: Awka City Stadium In Anambra (Pictures) by EXOUSIAng: 8:39am On Mar 16, 2021
Wait... I wanna get this right...
You mean the capital of the economic capital of Eastern Nigeria doesn't have a stadium??
I mean they are actually celebrating a mini stadium 21 years into the 21st Century.... I mean there is a stadium in agege local government...
What am I saying Abesan ESTATE has a mini stadium...
Igbos are great and industrious people... I think they have a bankrupt leadership system....
Awka is too much for such .....
I personally know a few Awka guys that can actually build stadia

2 Likes

Re: Awka City Stadium In Anambra (Pictures) by porthouse7(f): 8:48am On Mar 16, 2021
which kain stadium without grass be dis
Re: Awka City Stadium In Anambra (Pictures) by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:48am On Mar 16, 2021
EXOUSIAng:
You mean the capital of the economic capital of Eastern Nigeria doesn't have a stadium??
I mean they are actually celebrating a mini stadium 21 years into the 21st Century.... I mean there is a stadium in agege local government...
Igbos are great and industrious people... I think they have a bankrupt leadership system....
I guess you didn't read the report below is Rojenny staduim Oba in Idemili north Anambra state, privately owned

2 Likes

Re: Awka City Stadium In Anambra (Pictures) by porthouse7(f): 8:50am On Mar 16, 2021
MysteryShopper:
Anambra has so many stasis including public and private ones.
see as dem dey massage themselves
Re: Awka City Stadium In Anambra (Pictures) by EXOUSIAng: 8:52am On Mar 16, 2021
post=99926090:

I guess you didn't read the report below is Rojenny staduim Oba in Idemili north Anambra state, privately owned
No you didn't read my comment.
You were too quick to attack without comprehending which is what 90% of you easterners do on NL anyways... We are talking about Awka here, a state capital.... Not Anambra as a state.... If you no sabi read no dey mention me ohhh
Re: Awka City Stadium In Anambra (Pictures) by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:52am On Mar 16, 2021
EXOUSIAng:

Nnewi Stadium privately owned

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awka City Stadium In Anambra (Pictures) by ALABACONNECT(m): 8:55am On Mar 16, 2021
Nice work

Well, for your uk used and new smart tvs and soundbars, check my signature

1 Like

Re: Awka City Stadium In Anambra (Pictures) by AdaAwka1: 8:58am On Mar 16, 2021
Good news

1 Like

Re: Awka City Stadium In Anambra (Pictures) by EXOUSIAng: 9:00am On Mar 16, 2021
post=99926195:

Nnewi Stadium privately owned
I said if you can't read don't mention me.... We are talking about Awka here...

By the way most of the stadia in the state are privately owned... So una government no get stadium even outside the state capital??
This is not something you guys should attack me for... Anambra state is bigger than celebrating a mini stadium in 2021....
Call a spade a spade not a farm tool.
You igbos should learn to tell yourself the truth sometimes. Not attacking those who tell you the truth. Or defending mediocrity.

2 Likes

Re: Awka City Stadium In Anambra (Pictures) by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:07am On Mar 16, 2021
[s]
EXOUSIAng:

I said if you can't read don't mention me.... We are talking about Awka here...

By the way most of the stadia in the state are privately owned... So una government no get stadium even outside the state capital??
This is not something you guys should attack me for... Anambra state is bigger than celebrating a mini stadium in 2021....
Call a spade a spade not a farm tool.
You igbos should learn to tell yourself the truth sometimes. Not attacking those who tell you the truth. Or defending med iocrity.
[/s]

Start with your leaders first with highest debt profiles but nothing to show

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Awka City Stadium In Anambra (Pictures) by Focusmind: 9:07am On Mar 16, 2021
Our standards are terribly low in this country - I will keep saying it. Let the ignorant people keep abusing me. It is only when you step out of this country that you will come to understand the magnitude and quantum of backwardness our leaders have bequeathed on us. We have passed this kind of structures despites all the funds. Compromising standards to have excess money for looting.

see the rubbish being shown up there - whether privately owned or government owned, we should up our ante in the construction sector. The stadium of a 10th grade club in UK is far better than all these rubbish. Even the training pitches of some hotels are far more better than these. Look at the grasses sef - They should just turn them to ranch and allow the cattle to feed on them.

Aesthetics is always part of building and we lack that in all facets of our build industry.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awka City Stadium In Anambra (Pictures) by kenzysmith: 9:08am On Mar 16, 2021
This is d kind of stadium our clubs in Nigeria should be building not campaign ground we called stadiums

1 Like

Re: Awka City Stadium In Anambra (Pictures) by Chachamiliano: 9:10am On Mar 16, 2021
KingZaddy:

I hope it's made with authentic materials and by intelligent builders so that one day it wouldn't collapse... We've seen it happen before

What are you guys doing to fix the sluggishness of this site?

Interested in getting your photos edited beautifully then contact me now.

Nice pix on the Malta can. try look for diago Twitter handle or any of their social media handle and share the pix. Who knows something good fit come out from there.
Re: Awka City Stadium In Anambra (Pictures) by EXOUSIAng: 9:26am On Mar 16, 2021
post=99926590:
[s][/s]

Start with your leaders first with highest debt profiles but nothing to show
There you go again... Never accepting responsibility. Always looking for someone to hang the blame on... Keep blame the FG for the lack of development in your state while your governor goes about catching cruise....
As long as the east continues blaming the lack of development on the FG while the governors play tennis, no development is coming...
Ebonyi states has a governor just like you have a governor, compare the level of development in the last couple of years...
You think the projects in Ebonyi are federal government projects
Sit down and wait dor FG to come spoon-feed your state

1 Like

Re: Awka City Stadium In Anambra (Pictures) by Originalsly: 9:30am On Mar 16, 2021
Why must State own a stadium? If the State needs a stadium then it should provide incentives for private investors to invest in one. A covered mini stadium.... really? Judging from the flimsy rail to safeguard spectators from falling off the stands into the tunnel entrance area..... I wonder if the shed is just as flimsy. I suspect the State is building this stadium for a connected private individual.
Re: Awka City Stadium In Anambra (Pictures) by Olarsview: 9:30am On Mar 16, 2021
The grand stand roof supported by concrete frame in 2021,why not steel frames supported by a corbec as available in developed countries?
Still Using Technology 1.0 in 2021.
Re: Awka City Stadium In Anambra (Pictures) by KingZaddy(m): 9:36am On Mar 16, 2021
Chachamiliano:

Nice pix on the Malta can. try look for diago Twitter handle or any of their social media handle and share the pix. Who knows something good fit come out from there.
Thanks
Re: Awka City Stadium In Anambra (Pictures) by KingZaddy(m): 9:37am On Mar 16, 2021
Chachamiliano:

Is the name just diago?
Re: Awka City Stadium In Anambra (Pictures) by rtdCivilservant: 9:40am On Mar 16, 2021
MysteryShopper:
Anambra has so many stadia including public and private ones.
Painter Osy Marshal
Re: Awka City Stadium In Anambra (Pictures) by zopyna(m): 9:43am On Mar 16, 2021
To be honest ,you are all paid to start marketing Obiano as a good gov in these last days of his administration knowing fully well he did nothing in Anambra.All these are efforts to present Apga again which I'm not against but from all indices and parameters for assessment of good governance from Ngige to Peter Obi and the fool Obiano ,he performed woefully.Had he been prudent for at least one tenth of what others did ,he would have been good but to me ,he did nothing

1 Like

Re: Awka City Stadium In Anambra (Pictures) by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:49am On Mar 16, 2021
EXOUSIAng:

There you go again... Never accepting responsibility. Always looking for someone to hang the blame on... Keep blame the FG for the lack of development in your state while your governor goes about catching cruise....
As long as the east continues blaming the lack of development on the FG while the governors play tennis, no development is coming...
Ebonyi states has a governor just like you have a governor, compare the level of development in the last couple of years...
You think the projects in Ebonyi are federal government projects
Sit down and wait dor FG to come spoon-feed your state
I'm not the cause of your frustrations, if you want to feed your eyes with projects in Anambra state create thread and invite me, I can assure you that you will not withstand the heat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Awka City Stadium In Anambra (Pictures) by ChyjoskyJ: 9:55am On Mar 16, 2021
raker300:
Focus on the Awka City Stadium

Day 13

By James Eze

It has always been something of an irony that for all her array of sporting talents, Anambra State does not have a standard sporting facility. From Emmanuel Ifeajuna, Nigeria’s first Commonwealth Gold Medalist to Innocent Egbunike the Olympic Bronze Medalist, Mary Onyali, two times Olympic Bronze Medalist, Francis Obikwelu, Olympic Silver Medalist and Uchenna Emedolu, Olympic Silver Medalist, Anambra has contributed quality athletes that brought honour to Nigeria.

And in football, Anambra’s Emmanuel Okala is Nigeria’s first winner of the African Footballer of the Year award. The state also parades legendary footballers like, Silvanus Okpala, Kenneth Boardman, Aloysius Atuegbu, Keneth Ilodigwe, Arthur Egbuna, Chimezie Nwanaga, Louis Igwillo, Ifeanyi Onyedika, Amaechi Otti, Okwuchukwu Obiora, Charles Okonkwo, Ikechukwu Ofoje, Obinna Nsofor, Mikel Obi, Victor Anichebe as well as the ace Commentator, Ernest Okonkwo.

It is therefore something of a surprise that the state has no stadium of its own. What Anambra has are two privately owned stadiums; Rojenny Sports Stadium and Gabros International Stadium now rechristened Ifeanyi Ubah Stadium. However the two facilities are not located in the state capital, Awka. They are located in Oba and Nnewi respectively. As a fast developing capital city, Awka needs modern facilities for leisure, sports, recreation, conferences, lifestyle and business. Well, Governor Obiano has now built a stadium in Awka.

Located in the heart of the city, a little over six months ago, this glittering stadium in the photographs below was a piece of abandoned land where daring Fulani herders grazed their cattle. But work has reached advanced stages on the stadium which was designed as a compact sporting facility with a covered stand, swanky dressing rooms, an electronic scoreboard, Fifa-standard pitch and Olympic-standard tartan tracks for sprinters. The facility was designed to accommodate future expansion possibilities and still retain a large parking space.

And so, finally, residents of Awka will have access to modern sporting and recreational facilities that will boost their hopes for an improved lifestyle and reduce the pressure on Alex Ekwueme Square which was not conceived as a facility for sports but has been converted to one by expediency.

Once again, Governor Willie Obiano has left an indelible footprint in an area where it matters a lot…Sports.

In the video clip below, Chief Tony Oli, the Chairman of Anambra State Sports Development Commission speaks about the Awka City Stadium.

https://www.facebook.com/1659468978/posts/10216474411527033/?d=n

Please, you people should stop making mockery of Anambra state by posting this kind of project. This project is not even up to a mini stadium talk less of a stadium. Obiano is failure. It's unfortunate that projects in Anambra state has been reduced to a mediocre state, so unfortunate.

2 Likes

Re: Awka City Stadium In Anambra (Pictures) by Shugargal(f): 10:02am On Mar 16, 2021
raker300:
true!!

But there is one in nnewi and onitsha but not awka.

And the construction of the mega stadium has not commenced even though land has been provided for it
What of that Rojeni stadium in Oba? We do go there for secondary schools Jamboree those days. Hope they have upgraded? I love my state.
Re: Awka City Stadium In Anambra (Pictures) by EXOUSIAng: 10:23am On Mar 16, 2021
post=99927676:

I'm not the cause of your frustrations, if you want to feed your eyes with projects in Anambra state create thread and invite me, I can assure you that you will not withstand the heat
LoL... Says a man who celebrates a "MINI" state in the state capital in 2021.... Go and sit down...
Keep fighting the truth and see how it takes you...
The East is supposed to be the economic headquarters of West Africa but the lack of development has set it back.... You are too busy refusing to accept the truth and celebrating a mini stadium.... What I am seeing there is still way below the standard of mini stadiums in some universities in the Nigeria....
Re: Awka City Stadium In Anambra (Pictures) by majamajic(m): 10:44am On Mar 16, 2021
peacettw:
Looks like the campaign has started.

Obiano is completing his 8 yrs tenure
Seems u know nothing about current affairs ?

1 Like

Re: Awka City Stadium In Anambra (Pictures) by madubaymi: 11:13am On Mar 16, 2021
Mini-stadium? Hardly any seats provided to view the pitch from ALL sides. Even though its incomplete, I k no ow the final result will be very disappointing.
Re: Awka City Stadium In Anambra (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:53am On Mar 16, 2021
raker300:
true!!

But there is one in nnewi and onitsha but not awka.

And the construction of the mega stadium has not commenced even though land has been provided for it
where in awka is this located?
Re: Awka City Stadium In Anambra (Pictures) by peacettw: 12:28pm On Mar 16, 2021
majamajic:

Obiano is completing his 8 yrs tenure
Seems u know nothing about current affairs ?

Hmmm. It's truly exhausting when everything needs to be spelt out to some unique individuals.

I will rephrase. It seems the campaign has started for the next governorship aspirant from APGA.

I hope it's clearer now.
Re: Awka City Stadium In Anambra (Pictures) by AutoshalomUSA: 12:33pm On Mar 16, 2021
LOL
Typical of some governments that just build projects from WhatsApp conversations.
No proper Design & Consultation
Lacks creativity, purpose , and utility .

Why would someone waste public funds like this ? What will this structure be used for ?? STADIUM ? No No ....

Hire professional architects, not graphics designer.
Design buildings with a purpose, aesthetically pleasing, and environmentally friendly.....

5Way Design Build will soon be unveiled......
or
EastisBae:
This is so basic undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oshoala, Enganamouit, Onguene And Ebi In Accra For CAF Awards (Photos) / Alice Oluwafemiayo Breaks Powerlifting World Record In Mexico (Photos) / Fernerbahce Signs Victor Moses From Chelsea On Loan (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.