Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,267 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

YORUBA And Their H-factor In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / YORUBA And Their H-factor In The Bible (1318 Views)

16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

YORUBA And Their H-factor In The Bible by donnie(m): 3:49pm On Mar 16, 2021
Someone shared this with me about Yorubas (of the tribe of Ephraim) and their H-factor. cheesy

4 Jephthah then called together the men of Gilead and fought against Ephraim. The Gileadites struck them down because the Ephraimites had said, “You Gileadites are renegades from Ephraim and Manasseh.”
5 The Gileadites captured the fords of the Jordan leading to Ephraim, and whenever a survivor of Ephraim said, “Let me cross over,” the men of Gilead asked him, “Are you an Ephraimite?” If he replied, “No,”
6 they said, “All right, say ‘Shibboleth.’” If he said, “Sibboleth,” because he could not pronounce the word correctly, they seized him and killed him at the fords of the Jordan.
Forty-two thousand Ephraimites were killed at that time. (Judges 12: 4-6)
Re: YORUBA And Their H-factor In The Bible by MrPresident1: 4:04pm On Mar 16, 2021
Lol. I think Yoruba is Judah grin
Re: YORUBA And Their H-factor In The Bible by donnie(m): 4:34pm On Mar 16, 2021
MrPresident1:
Lol. I think Yoruba is Judah grin

I believe they have YAHUNDE/Judah among them who would have been those Bantus/negroes expelled from Spain/Portugal in the late 1400s as well as those returning from captivity in Babylon aka KUSH/Ethiopia/South Sudan.

However, they would also have a good number of Ephraim and even Gad. Remember Yeroboam/Yoruba ?

donnie:
The Bnai Ephraim (Children of Ephraim). Most of them concentrated around various communities in Ondo state since the 1930s, about 2000 people in all. According to their traditions, they came to Nigeria by way of Morocco sometime in the 16th century. Their language is a mixture of Moroccan Arabic with Yoruba, but with bits of Aramaic, such as ima for “mother.” Other Yorubas may call them Emo Yo Quaim – the “Strange People” as like in most ethnic groups, the practice of Judaism is among a very small minority. The Bnai Ephraim have kept portions of the Torah in their sanctuaries which distinguish them from their Igbo counterparts who practice Judaism without much influence from the Torah.

They fit the Biblical description and still maintain the Hebraic customs of the ten tribes. From their circumcision, marriage, childbirth, twinning, naming, and traditional religious customs to the lisping among the Ibadan subgroup. The character of this tribe is in agreement with ancient maps that identify them as comprising primarily the Hebrew tribe of Ephraim.

Those of YAHUNDE (Judah) were placed in the region of West Africa now known as Benin Republic by the Portuguese during the Spanish Inquisition which began in the 1400s where Jews were expelled from Spain and Portugal.

There are also descendants of GAD among the Yoruba. Last Prime Minister of Yarubawa land, Bashorun Gaa is generalissimo, Yoruba war leader. Gideon is Bashorun Ga, Ologunda, Oludariogun, Ogunda, Gunda, Ogaadari-ogun, Gada (Gad). Ogaadri-ogun; Oga (Master, lord, leader, boss), adari (controller, commander), Ogun (war). Ogun-da meaning war destroyer, Ga-da means to seperate, break, cut down, destroy, Gun means to stab.

He is the biblical Gad, son of Yaruba, son of Adua.

The Ga people of Ghana are linked with the Gad of the bible, people don't bear these names for nothing.

Etymology of the name Gideone: British Baby Names:
The name is derived from the Hebrew gada "to hew down/off, to cut asunder," which has been interpreted in a number of ways. It was once interpreted as meaning "having a stump (for a hand/foot)" while others take the meaning "he who fells" and extend it to "mighty warrior" or "destroyer. Gideon is Gad, field marshal, soldiers highest rank.

1 Like

Re: YORUBA And Their H-factor In The Bible by Deasegun19(m): 4:43pm On Mar 16, 2021
cool
Re: YORUBA And Their H-factor In The Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:50pm On Mar 16, 2021
From Isolele to Bantu to Yorùbá to....

Your racist concept will never work because people don't believe in skin colour anymore. When the white men were here everything was working fine until our own people instigated our fathers to pursue the white men away while agitating for Independence.
Ever since the Independence Nigeria has gone far behind where the white men left us.
So use your brains, there are good and evil people both among blacks and whites.

As for God He is the Creator of all living so there is no partiality on His part! wink
Re: YORUBA And Their H-factor In The Bible by nsiba: 5:08pm On Mar 16, 2021
As usual the man from Isolele, will never cease to disappoint any with his conjured prophecies...

I throway salute o!
Re: YORUBA And Their H-factor In The Bible by donnie(m): 5:26pm On Mar 16, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Your racist concept will never work because people don't believe in skin colour anymore. When the white men were here everything was working fine until our own people instigated our fathers to pursue the white men away while agitating for Independence.
Ever since the Independence Nigeria has gone far behind where the white men left us.
So use your brains, there are good and evil people both among blacks and whites.

As for God He is the Creator of all living so there is no partiality on His part! wink

It's one people, ISOLELE (blood descendants of YAKUBI/JACOB)... Called to be SEPERATE and ABOVE all nations.

The racists are those who created the word in order to maintain their lies which are already crumbling like a pack of cards as the truth marches on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: YORUBA And Their H-factor In The Bible by MrPresident1: 5:28pm On Mar 16, 2021
donnie:

I believe they have YAHUNDE/Judah among them who would have been those Bantus/negroes expelled from Spain/Portugal in the late 1400s as well as those returning from captivity in Babylon/KUSH/Ethiopia/South Sudan.

However, they would also have a good number of Ephraim and even Gad. Remember Yeroboam/Yoruba ?

You are correct cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: YORUBA And Their H-factor In The Bible by MrPresident1: 5:30pm On Mar 16, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Noted grin grin grin
Re: YORUBA And Their H-factor In The Bible by donnie(m): 5:33pm On Mar 16, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
When the white men were here everything was working fine until our own people instigated our fathers to pursue the white men away while agitating for Independence.

Wretched blinded slave in need of deliverance.

1 Like

Re: YORUBA And Their H-factor In The Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:44pm On Mar 16, 2021
No wahala! cheesy

First let everyone see those you've delivered nah! wink

donnie:

Wretched blinded slave in need of deliverance.
Re: YORUBA And Their H-factor In The Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:45pm On Mar 16, 2021
At least your enemy's enemy supposed to be your friend nah! smiley

MrPresident1:

dog
Re: YORUBA And Their H-factor In The Bible by donnie(m): 6:02pm On Mar 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
At least your enemy's enemy supposed to be your friend nah! smiley

You people are playing politics here ba?

1 Like

Re: YORUBA And Their H-factor In The Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:11pm On Mar 17, 2021
Take him to ISOLELE! cheesy

donnie:

You people are playing politics here ba?
Re: YORUBA And Their H-factor In The Bible by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 17, 2021
Story wey no real!

PS: allow me to vent my anger against some mercenaries and their sponsors---- I think Sean Tizzle and his hcruhc (spell it backward) sponsors (and hidden sponsors) were pretty stupid and nonsensical! Ungodly stunt! Tizzle and few of his other look-alikes are too sub-par and simply mediocre. Happened in 2014 originally........ Those people might be queer or supportive of it! A certain orthodox church comes to mind. They should now follow the Catholic example!

Sorry people, I am angry! Just thought of venting my anger now.......couldn't think of where else to anonymously express the anger.
Re: YORUBA And Their H-factor In The Bible by donnie(m): 3:40pm On Mar 22, 2021
ShouldIsayit:
Story wey no real!

PS: allow me to vent my anger against some mercenaries and their sponsors---- I think Sean Tizzle and his hcruhc (spell it backward) sponsors (and hidden sponsors) were pretty stupid and nonsensical! Ungodly stunt! Tizzle and few of his other look-alikes are too sub-par and simply mediocre. Happened in 2014 originally........ Those people might be queer or supportive of it! A certain orthodox church comes to mind. They should now follow the Catholic example!

Sorry people, I am angry! Just thought of venting my anger now.......couldn't think of where else to anonymously express the anger.

You're hereby warned. cool

1 Like

Re: YORUBA And Their H-factor In The Bible by donnie(m): 8:03am On Mar 23, 2021
This is True Scriptural JERICHO in today's South Africa.

Jericho
0189, South Africa
https://maps.app./XJ9pXWALXuszpG2w8

1 Like

Re: YORUBA And Their H-factor In The Bible by donnie(m): 10:27am On Mar 23, 2021
Please read Exodus 4:6-7 and tell me how Oyinbo's hand became white or leprous as snow? Was it not already white or leprous as snow?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13296065_20210322155331_jpeg5f652fbdeee32fe324bd25082ec61b67
Re: YORUBA And Their H-factor In The Bible by donnie(m): 10:48pm On Mar 25, 2021

1 Like

Re: YORUBA And Their H-factor In The Bible by donnie(m): 7:42pm On Mar 26, 2021

(1) (Reply)

Odumejeje Is Seen Lifting The Catholic "Blessed Sacrament / Righteousness Is Not By Our Works / Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.