Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,022 members, 7,814,494 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

What Steps Should Be Taken After Knocking Someone Down With Your Car?? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What Steps Should Be Taken After Knocking Someone Down With Your Car?? (1038 Views)

Policeman Begs For His Life In Oshodi After knocking Down An Old Woman / Conductor Held After Technically Knocking Out A Passenger Over N50 / Drunk BRT Driver Flees After Knocking Down Naval Officer’s Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Steps Should Be Taken After Knocking Someone Down With Your Car?? by coolcentbigman(m): 10:06pm On Mar 16, 2021
A friend of mine bought a new car this year but has never come back to the hood since last year so eventually he came around today, bought drinks for guys we all had fun those who could drive drove away with the car.

Earlier in the afternoon he was so drunk in excitement that he knocked someone down with his car, he immediately took the person to the nearest hospital where he got arrested with some of the guys with him.

Now the news just got to me this night and we don't know the particular police station he's been held and the victim here has been responding to treatment no issues at all with his health. I'm confused right now after all the excitement and now this...

Please what is the right steps to take to see my guys are released tomorrow??
Re: What Steps Should Be Taken After Knocking Someone Down With Your Car?? by Henrydonland(m): 10:11pm On Mar 16, 2021
The next step is to visit a strong church for prayers so that the victim does not die or else your friend is going for it.

But what is it with people driving drunk these days.

2 Likes

Re: What Steps Should Be Taken After Knocking Someone Down With Your Car?? by chatinent: 10:20pm On Mar 16, 2021
Henrydonland:
The next step is to visit a strong church for prayers so that the victim does not die or else your friend is going for it.

Please don't heed to this church advice. Pastor will only collect his share.

Go to the station for bail, then you guys discuss the treatment of the victim.
Re: What Steps Should Be Taken After Knocking Someone Down With Your Car?? by ojun50(m): 10:31pm On Mar 16, 2021
Henrydonland:

pray is good
first tin first locate the person family and explain tins them. take care of the bills
Re: What Steps Should Be Taken After Knocking Someone Down With Your Car?? by PointZerom: 10:38pm On Mar 16, 2021
The first step is to stop to help the victim but here in Nigeria it's a big risk as the driver and the car might be dealt with.

1 Like

Re: What Steps Should Be Taken After Knocking Someone Down With Your Car?? by coolcentbigman(m): 10:57pm On Mar 16, 2021
Henrydonland:

He was not drunk just over-excited, that my concern dear but I heard the victim is doing great.

Some of the guys who were with him at that time ran when he insisted on the taking the guy to the hospital because people were not much at the location and he could've easily ecapsed but he refused.
Re: What Steps Should Be Taken After Knocking Someone Down With Your Car?? by coolcentbigman(m): 11:00pm On Mar 16, 2021
PointZerom:
The first step is to stop to help the victim but here in Nigeria it's a big risk as the driver and the car might be dealt with.

That's the problem he could've ran off before anyone can say anything but the guy is soft hearted even if I were to be in the car with him, I wouldn't buy the idea of him running off.
Re: What Steps Should Be Taken After Knocking Someone Down With Your Car?? by Kestolove(m): 11:20pm On Mar 16, 2021
some one knocked a little lady down dix evening, immediately rushed her to hospital, thank God the little girl is doing fine..

2 Likes

Re: What Steps Should Be Taken After Knocking Someone Down With Your Car?? by Unrated900(m): 5:59am On Mar 17, 2021
Visit AIT and explains your ordeal

They are mostly good in such
Re: What Steps Should Be Taken After Knocking Someone Down With Your Car?? by tutudesz: 6:35am On Mar 17, 2021
coolcentbigman:
A friend of mine bought a new car this year but has never come back to the hood since last year so eventually he came around today, bought drinks for guys we all had fun those who could drive drove away with the car.

Earlier in the afternoon he was so drunk in excitement that he knocked someone down with his car, he immediately took the person to the nearest hospital where he got arrested with some of the guys with him.

Now the news just got to me this night and we don't know the particular police station he's been held and the victim here has been responding to treatment no issues at all with his health. I'm confused right now after all the excitement and now this...

Please what is the right steps to take to see my guys are released tomorrow??
Everything depend on the victim O! The police can't release your friend yet, until the victim decide whether to settle out of court or to go to court.
So speak with the victim first and quickly before external voice get to them.
Hope the victim is above 18?
Re: What Steps Should Be Taken After Knocking Someone Down With Your Car?? by Bornsinner7: 7:02am On Mar 17, 2021
First of all settle the bill of the victim.. have a chat with the family and see how you can help but know your boundary..

As to seeing your friend released it's a different case cuz he was driving drunk and that's a federal offense... maybe you should get a lawyer or something
Re: What Steps Should Be Taken After Knocking Someone Down With Your Car?? by coolcentbigman(m): 7:10am On Mar 17, 2021
tutudesz:

Everything depend on the victim O! The police can't release your friend yet, until the victim decide whether to settle out of court or to go to court.
So speak with the victim first and quickly before external voice get to them.
Hope the victim is above 18?
Yes the victim is above 18, they haven't given us the privilege to speak to the victim yet. I just keep praying his health will continue to be stable, thanks for your help bro.
Maybe I will visit the hospital today myself.

1 Like

Re: What Steps Should Be Taken After Knocking Someone Down With Your Car?? by coolcentbigman(m): 7:15am On Mar 17, 2021
Bornsinner7:
First of all settle the bill of the victim.. have a chat with the family and see how you can help but know your boundary..

As to seeing your friend released it's a different case cuz he was driving drunk and that's a federal offense... maybe you should get a lawyer or something
He wasn't drunk and we didn't drink anything acholic that day, some bought beer for some but what we drank was purely wine no alcohol in it.

I said he was drunk in happiness and not literally drunk, he was just overexcited.
Re: What Steps Should Be Taken After Knocking Someone Down With Your Car?? by tutudesz: 7:29am On Mar 17, 2021
coolcentbigman:

Yes the victim is above 18, they haven't given any us the privilege to speak to the victim yet. I just keep praying his health will continue to be stable, thanks for your help bro.
Maybe I will visit the hospital today myself.
You and some friends should visit the victim today, apologize on your friend behalf. Tell the victim you guy will take care of the medical bill and other bill after leaving the hospital.
Is the victim male or female
Re: What Steps Should Be Taken After Knocking Someone Down With Your Car?? by lugo99(m): 11:38am On Mar 17, 2021
reverse, pull ur gear back to D3, then on ur emergency light, fasten ur seat belt, then press DAT turtle pedal then japan...
Re: What Steps Should Be Taken After Knocking Someone Down With Your Car?? by coolcentbigman(m): 1:01pm On Mar 17, 2021
tutudesz:

You and some friends should visit the victim today, apologize on your friend behalf. Tell the victim you guy will take care of the medical bill and other bill after leaving the hospital.
Is the victim male or female
Thanks we've did just that and he has been released this morning alongside the guys who were with him.
Re: What Steps Should Be Taken After Knocking Someone Down With Your Car?? by tutudesz: 2:43pm On Mar 17, 2021
coolcentbigman:

Thanks we've did just that and he has been released this morning alongside the guys who were with him.

Very nice, just remember to keep calling the victim and try to visit their house

1 Like

Re: What Steps Should Be Taken After Knocking Someone Down With Your Car?? by coolcentbigman(m): 4:29pm On Mar 17, 2021
tutudesz:

Very nice, just remember to keep calling the victim and try to visit their house
Thanks a lot, he was seriously beaten by the police and even his car was damaged beyond repair when spotted in their station. He is currently on medication himself.
Re: What Steps Should Be Taken After Knocking Someone Down With Your Car?? by DaniDani(m): 7:02am On Mar 18, 2021
lugo99:
reverse, pull ur gear back to D3, then on ur emergency light, fasten ur seat belt, then press DAT turtle pedal then japan...

One day, it will be your turn to be hit badly such that you can't survive and the driver will japa.
Re: What Steps Should Be Taken After Knocking Someone Down With Your Car?? by lugo99(m): 8:49am On Mar 18, 2021
DaniDani:

One day, it will be your turn to be hit badly such that you can't survive and the driver will japa.
orie buru
Re: What Steps Should Be Taken After Knocking Someone Down With Your Car?? by DaniDani(m): 9:01pm On Mar 18, 2021
lugo99:
orie buru
Back to sender.
Re: What Steps Should Be Taken After Knocking Someone Down With Your Car?? by wfjimmytobby(m): 9:43pm On Mar 18, 2021
na to japa oh we move
Re: What Steps Should Be Taken After Knocking Someone Down With Your Car?? by Lanretoye(m): 12:15am On Mar 19, 2021
So many factors to consider within a very short moment.
1. The severity of the impact,ie if there is chance of survival for the victim.
2. Are u licensed and vehicle duly registered
3. The environment and spot of the accident
4.the time of the day it happened
5. Cause of the accident,ie reckless driving,mechanical failure
6. Victims carelessness.
Factor all these and check if you are favored,but no matter how it happened,it can still be regarded as manslaughter at worst if victim dies.
Therefore,I suggest that if the environment is a calm one take your time to check if you can still help the victim to the hospital but wether or not,maneuver your way to the nearest police station and don’t forget to call your relative on your way.
Most time if you are not reckless,your attitude immediately the accident happened can help you,Ie you rush to the carry the victim,calling on passers by to help you carry him into your car to the nearest hospital.
Running away is the last option but you will for ever live in the captivity of your conscience.
Re: What Steps Should Be Taken After Knocking Someone Down With Your Car?? by coolcentbigman(m): 11:03pm On Mar 21, 2021
Lanretoye:
So many factors to consider within a very short moment.
1. The severity of the impact,ie if there is chance of survival for the victim.
2. Are u licensed and vehicle duly registered
3. The environment and spot of the accident
4.the time of the day it happened
5. Cause of the accident,ie reckless driving,mechanical failure
6. Victims carelessness.
Factor all these and check if you are favored,but no matter how it happened,it can still be regarded as manslaughter at worst if victim dies.
Therefore,I suggest that if the environment is a calm one take your time to check if you can still help the victim to the hospital but wether or not,maneuver your way to the nearest police station and don’t forget to call your relative on your way.
Most time if you are not reckless,your attitude immediately the accident happened can help you,Ie you rush to the carry the victim,calling on passers by to help you carry him into your car to the nearest hospital.
Running away is the last option but you will for ever live in the captivity of your conscience.
Thanks bro, I've just learnt so much this night.

(1) (Reply)

Half Man Half Dog (video) / 20 Armed Robbers In Brazil With Drones & Bombs / My Conversation With Ai (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.