Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,441 members, 7,850,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:08 AM

Another Undergraduate Degree In Pharmacy Or Msc. In Pharmacology And Toxicology? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Another Undergraduate Degree In Pharmacy Or Msc. In Pharmacology And Toxicology? (309 Views)

Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? / 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise / Which Is Better, Pharmacy Or Civil Engineering? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Another Undergraduate Degree In Pharmacy Or Msc. In Pharmacology And Toxicology? by LoveThemChubby(m): 10:55pm On Mar 16, 2021
For someone with a first degree in say anatomy, is it more professionally wise to pursue another degree in Pharmacy or an MSc. In pharmacology and toxicology? Your professional advice will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Another Undergraduate Degree In Pharmacy Or Msc. In Pharmacology And Toxicology? by Vaughanlanrewaj: 12:36am On Mar 17, 2021
LoveThemChubby:
For someone with a first degree in say anatomy, is it more professionally wise to pursue another degree in Pharmacy or an MSc. In pharmacology and toxicology? Your professional advice will be greatly appreciated.
Please go for Pharmacy sir. Anatomy is not a professional course and except you want to lecture, securing a well paying job where you practice your anatomy is slim.
You can't even teach biology as good as a Zoology or Biology graduate would teach biology because Human anatomy is leaning more towards human than a broader spectrum of biology covered by those other courses.

1 Like

Re: Another Undergraduate Degree In Pharmacy Or Msc. In Pharmacology And Toxicology? by Nobody: 6:38am On Mar 17, 2021
LoveThemChubby:
When you start working, you soon realise that bachelor degrees are not the main issue, but just the foundation. It is your brain which matters most. As far as I am concerned, get any degree for your bachelors, but make a very good grade. First class if possible. A first class in hausa/ibo/yoruba languages or christian/Islamic study will get better offers than a second class engineering graduate in my opinion. It is all about you.

Better in my opinion to go for MSc pharmacology and toxicology if you want to go into research, but make a very good grade, as in get 3.9999 out of 4 if possible. Develop a good relationship with your professors. You will be amazed of the opportunities which will come your way. Scholarships or job opportunities can come. A professor may ask you join his/her research team. But going for another BSc in pharmacy is a step back to getting another career foundation. It may be good, but think well. If you are so interested in Pharmacy, get MCAT and move to the US, or move to Canada. Personally, I think it is not that worth it in Nigeria because you can achieve what you want to achieve with pharmacology (just my opinion, you should check well).

I always tell people, returning to school is not about the certificate, but about navigating your way to get more opportunities. You put yourself at a very good position by developing good relationship with your teachers, and having an excellent overall grade. You are left with your brain, and how smart you are to spot and make use of good opportunities. Know when to pursue, and when to look else where.

Finally, whatever you choose to do, make sure you go to a reputable university where there are outstanding professors who get funds for researches. If you go to a low grade school, you take out only the certificate which is useless. The professors of your course and how influential they are should be your reason for attending the school. This is how to navigate it through.

Goodluck!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Download This Opay App Get Up To 10k Daily Free / Npower Deployment Issues Resolve / How To Spot A Fake Social Media Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.