Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,129 members, 7,818,386 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. (6111 Views)

Summary Of JAMB Sweet Sixteen from Chapter 1 To Chapter 7 / Summary Of Jamb Novel "Sweet Sixteen" By Bolaji Abdullai / The Summary Of 'Sweet Sixteen' By Bolaji Abdullahi. 2019 JAMB Novel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by beauty7: 3:24pm On Mar 17, 2021
According to history, Hitler's greatest mistake of world war 2 was attacking Russia in what he called operation Barbarossa.

But after my intense study,

I have come into the realization that his greatest mistake was that he delayed taking over Moscow after his troops had successfully defeated the Russian troops and were few kilometers to Moscow.

The German troops relaxed close to Moscow till the winter began and by the time they wanted to finalize their victory by taking Moscow, they were met with cold weather which clogged their war machines

and by that time, the Russian were able to regroup and pushed back the Germans.

That was the beginning of their retreat and eventual fall.

Before now, the German troops had been very successful by using a military tactics called the BLITZKRIEG and took over the following countries in this order:

(1)Demilitarized Rhineland,by 1936(this is actually when the world war 2 started, from my own study, despite history saying it started by 1939)

(2) Austria, being annexed by Hitler

(3) Czechoslovakia

(4) Poland,by 1st September,1939.
Germany and Russia shared the land of Poland between themselves, after Poland's defeat

On the 10th may,1940, Germany started war with the following countries which they defeated easily in the following order:

(5) Luxembourg

(6) Belgium

(7) Netherlands

(coolFrance.

During this period, the Allied forces were sorrounded by the German troops in Belgium.

The Allied forces retreated to the Beach of Dunkirk in France.

The German troops and airforce attacked them in what is known as operation Dynamo.

The British were able to evacuate their troops(known as the British Expeditionary Force) from the beach of Dunkirk,in what has become known as the largest military evacuation in History.

It took Germany 35 days to capture Luxembourg, Belgium, Netherlands, and France in what is recognized as the best military success since the world began.

After this, the German turned their attention to Britain by beginning what they called operation SEA LION.

But this operation failed because the British navy was better equipped than the Germans.

The Germans then began bombing British military installation and aircrafts.

They could not defeat Britain, but rather suffered heavy lost of their fighter jets.

So one night, German jets went to London and seriously bombed civilians.

The next day, 81 British bombers went to German capital, Berlin and seriously bombed it in retaliation.

Hitler was furious and for the next 8 months and 5 days, Britain was seriously bombed in what is known as the Blitz.

London itself was bombed for 57 consecutive nights leaving 40,000 people dead and 2 million houses destroyed.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by beauty7: 3:26pm On Mar 17, 2021
Why German considered attacking Russia was that Russia refused to go with German to war against Britain.

Hitler wanted Russia to help him defeat Britain so that they could share British colonies across the world.

Remember that Nigeria was a British colony and if German had succeeded,we would be speaking German or Russian language instead of English.

Another reason German considered for attacking Russia was that German saw red army of Russia as weak because of it's performance against Finland.

You know,as Germany was capturing countries,

Russia feared that Finland would fall under the influence of German and it would affect Leningrad which was a Russian territory close to Finland.

They asked Finland to cede some of their territories close to Leningrad to Russia so that Russia could adequately protect Leningrad.

Finland refused.

Russia went to war, but was able to defeat a small country like Finland after suffering great losses of over a million soldiers.

Finland was ill equipped military wise but withstood Russia for over 2 months killing over a million of Russian soldiers and destroying their military vehicles.

German then concluded that a war against Russia could be easier than they had thought.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by beauty7: 3:39pm On Mar 17, 2021
Because Britain failed to surrender,despite the bombing, Germany turned their attention towards Russia.

But before they could take over Russia, they wanted to strengthen their Western flank.

So on the 6th April,1941, they went to capture the Balkan countries such as Yugoslavia and Greece.

After capturing these 2 countries, they went against Russia on 22 June,1941,in what Hitler code named operation Barbarossa.

German troops were divided into 3 flanks namely:

(I) The northern flank which went to capture Leningrad.After taking over Leningrad, they seriously starved the inhabitants to death.

(I) The middle flank went to Moscow and almost captured it, but decided to rest believing that Moscow was already in their hands.

(III) The southern flank went to Ukraine to fight against it.

The southern flank was having trouble in Ukraine, so Hitler ordered most soldiers from the northern flank to go and support the southern flank.

Instead of asking them to support the middle flank to take over Moscow which was almost in German hands.

The delay in taking over Moscow enabled the Russian to regroup and the snow and ice of the following weeks really had a negative effect on the German soldiers and machines which failed to function.

The Russian were then able to put the German on the retreat.

Britain seeing that German were retreating, also started an offense against Germany.

I am only writing about the world war 2 as it occurred in Europe.

Of course the war happened across the world and I would like others to write about the world war in Asia,Africa etc.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by Weirdberg1: 3:48pm On Mar 17, 2021
Allowing the allied forces escape at dunkir. Hitler only had to give the order for german forces to attack the allies since they had got them surrounded. The implication of this is that the entire bristish forces and french would have been lost to a mass surrender to the axis. Puting an end to the war. But for some reason, that order was critically delayed and in the end, the british and french soldiers escaped.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by Lordsagna: 4:49pm On Mar 17, 2021
lalasticlala
Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by excanny: 5:04pm On Mar 17, 2021
Hitler lost because he ran out of oil.

By military tactics, he was better than Russia. He tried to manage the little oil he had and couldnt use most of his tanks, even his soldiers had to fight on bicycles, and when he faced stiff resistance in capturing Ukrainian oil fields, that left him open for the Russians to run over him.

If he had oil, he would have defeated Russia.

It was good he ran out of oil tho cos the man was a psycho.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by Lordsagna: 5:14pm On Mar 17, 2021
beauty7:
Because Britain failed to surrender,despite the bombing, Germany turned their attention towards Russia.

But before they could take over Russia, they wanted to strengthen their Western flank.

So on the 6th April,1941, they went to capture the Balkan countries such as Yugoslavia and Greece.

After capturing these 2 countries, they went against Russia on 22 June,1941,in what Hitler code named operation Barbarossa.

German troops were divided into 3 flanks namely:

(I) The northern flank which went to capture Leningrad.After taking over Leningrad, they seriously starved the inhabitants to death.

(I) The middle flank went to Moscow and almost captured it, but decided to rest believing that Moscow was already in their hands.

(III) The southern flank went to Ukraine to fight against it.

The southern flank was having trouble in Ukraine, so Hitler ordered most soldiers from the northern flank to go and support the southern flank.

Instead of asking them to support the middle flank to take over Moscow which was almost in German hands.

The delay in taking over Moscow enabled the Russian to regroup and the snow and ice of the following weeks really had a negative effect on the German soldiers and machines which failed to function.

The Russian were then able to put the German on the retreat.

Britain seeing that German were retreating, also started an offense against Germany.

I am only writing about the world war 2 as it occurred in Europe.

Of course the war happened across the world and I would like others to write about the world war in Asia,Africa etc.

This is an insightful and educating post on what happened in the early years of war... about a movie called 1917 in the first world war it was concluded that Germany started first world war same as second world war tho I never knew their main issues was Russia thought it was Britain....I want to ask why is it that if any issue of war commence Britain (UK, US) will stand up, I mean they are mostly seen in time of war or disaster...are they the only country that has the monopoly to help other nations?... also what's the relationship between Germany and Japan cos I know both are Britain's enemy.

3 Likes

Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by beauty7: 5:21pm On Mar 17, 2021
Lordsagna:

This is an insightful and educating post on what happened in the early years of war... about a movie called 1917 in the first world war it was concluded that Germany started first world war same as second world war tho I never knew their main issues was Russia thought it was Britain....I want to ask why is it that if any issue of war commence Britain (UK, US) will stand up, I mean they are mostly seen in time of war or disaster...are they the only country that has the monopoly to help other nations?... also what's the relationship between Germany and Japan cos I know both are Britain's enemy.

I need answers also.
Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by beauty7: 5:25pm On Mar 17, 2021
Weirdberg1:
Allowing the allied forces escape at dunkir. Hitler only had to give the order for german forces to attack the allies since they had got them surrounded. The implication of this is that the entire bristish forces and french would have been lost to a mass surrender to the axis. Puting an end to the war. But for some reason, that order was critically delayed and in the end, the british and french soldiers escaped.
Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by beauty7: 5:26pm On Mar 17, 2021
excanny:

By military tactics, he was better than Russia. He tried to manage the little oil he had and couldnt use most of his tanks, even his soldiers had to fight on bicycles, and when he faced stiff resistance in capturing Ukrainian oil fields, that left him open for the Russians to run over him.

Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by Sharrpguy: 5:35pm On Mar 17, 2021
Very Educating Writeup, Mods will not see this to push to front page oooo.

1 Like

Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by Newcomer101: 5:47pm On Mar 17, 2021
smiley
Hitler's mistake wasn't attacking Moscow before Stalingrad, but his mistake was the superior believe in himself (you wouldn't blame him he overcame all the odds to become Number one in Germany). He doesn't take or enjoying taking advice.

Why Hitler lost the war
The deciphering of the code used by Germany to send messages (Enigma machine)
Underrating how vast Russia is, Napoleon made same mistake
Weather/terrain were against him, hardly are there good roads in Russia
Many battle fronts, German troops fought battles even in North Africa

Very few leaders can accomplish what Hitler did, if he had won the war, he would have been one the greatest leaders in modern history

Things about Hitler
He was an avid reader.
Most of people he surrounds himself with were gays.
He tried to be or was neat at all time even in battlefield(he wasn't neat before he joined army)
He doesn't drink or smoke.
He was in charge of the fastest growing economy before the second WW.
He was a great orator.
The few women he has ever been with committed suicide(some say he does unspeakable in bed with them).

One quote that says all about Hitler: "I follow my course with the precision and security of a sleepwalker."

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by Freestainworld(m): 6:48pm On Mar 17, 2021
very enjoyable, I am still hoping for more about the war

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by Weirdberg1: 7:03pm On Mar 17, 2021
Lordsagna:

To understand why the UK and US went to war against germany, you first have to understand what happened during the first world war. When germany was defeated in WW1, the victors ( france, US and Britain) imposed sanctions on germany which crippled the german economy.
Some Part of germanys territory was also cut out and given to poland.

Hitler had fought as a soldier in ww1 and hated the sanctions imposed by the alies on his country. Many german people identified with hitler and hated the sanctions that had brought great suffering and unemployment in germany. With the promise of making germany great again hitler came to power. As the leader of germany, he immediately began removing all restriction place on germany by the alies., And under his leadership the german economy grew massively.

To take back danzig (former german land) given to poland after germanys defeat in the first war world ( at least that was the reason he gave). He decided to invade poland, But poland was then alied to france and britain. Hence france and Britain decleared war on germany.

As to the relationship between germany and Japan, in my opinion, it was simply due of necessity.

The united state then pusued an isolationist policy and did not want to get involved in european affairs. Hence was not at war with any country. It was Japan an alie to germany who invaded the united state island. Before this, Japan was already at war with britain. Even with the invasion of the US Island by Japan, the US and Germany was still at peace. But tension had been growing between the two nations since the war stated. It was hitler that decided to declear war on the US the next day. His generals had tried unsuccesfully to desued him from declearing war on the US. But hitler decleared war on the US anyway.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by mytime24(f): 7:31pm On Mar 17, 2021
Interesting embarassed
Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by emae009(m): 7:44pm On Mar 17, 2021
Weirdberg1:

To understand why the UK and US went to war against germany, you first have to understand what happened during the first world war. When germany was defeated in WW1, the victors ( france, US and Britain) imposed sanctions on germany which crippled the german economy.
Some Part of germanys territory was also cut out and given to poland.

Hitler had fought as a soldier in ww1 and hated the sanctions imposed by the alies on his country. Many german people identified with hitler and hated the sanctions that had brought great suffering and unemployment in germany. With the promise of making germany great again hitler came to power. As the leader of germany, he immediately began removing all restriction place on germany by the alies., And under his leadership the german economy grew massively.

To take back danzig (former german land) given to poland after germanys defeat in the first war world ( at least that was the reason he gave). He decided to invade poland, But poland was then alied to france and britain. Hence france and Britain decleared war on germany.

As to the relationship between germany and Japan, in my opinion, it was simply due of necessity.

The united state then pusued an isolationist policy and did not want to get involved in european affairs. Hence was not at war with any country. It was Japan an alie to germany who invaded the united state island. Before this, Japan was already at war with britain. Even with the invasion of the US Island by Japan, the US and Germany was still at peace. But tension had been growing between the two nations since the war stated. It was hitler that decided to declear war on the US the next day. His generals had tried unsuccesfully to desued him from declearing war on the US. But hitler decleared war on the US anyway.

The attack on Pearl Harbor wasn't an invasion. Invasion in a nutshell refers to occupying or taking over. Japan wasn't trying to occupy Hawaii, what they wanted was to prevent the US from attacking them when they invade the Phillipines.
They were successful but what they weren't expecting was how fast the US will regroup and come after them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by NnamdiN: 7:50pm On Mar 17, 2021
Thank God say person no dey alive when all these things dey sup, just negodu how they were sharing and allocating human beings embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by afolarin60591: 8:08pm On Mar 17, 2021
Very Educating Writeup, Mods will not see this to push to front page oooo.

2 Likes

Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by Nickshrapnel: 8:12pm On Mar 17, 2021
Impressive
Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by Nickshrapnel: 8:15pm On Mar 17, 2021
Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by Fxwarrior: 8:30pm On Mar 17, 2021
grin grin
Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by punisha: 8:30pm On Mar 17, 2021
....just thinking
Nigeria may have been blissful if we had gone the German way.

3 Likes

Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by beauty7: 8:30pm On Mar 17, 2021
Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by general111(m): 9:33pm On Mar 17, 2021
Wow..intelligent people are here oh

1 Like

Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by nnamdiosu(m): 9:36pm On Mar 17, 2021
Lordsagna:

Let me chip in some answers.

Before world war 2, UK was the greatest country (even greater than the US, IT WAS THE WAR THAT BROUGHT DOWN UK SMALL, AND LIFTED US UP)

So as I was saying before I digressed, the UK acted like a big brother then, because their economy grows on trade and if there is war, they can't trade and this will lead to bankruptcy. So they always try to mediate to fester peace in Europe and some other places

But as for the US, Initially, the USA doesn't talk in other countries war. Infact, they had a policy of mind your own business. That was why when war world 2 arose, they Intially didn't fight. They were only secretly send ammunition and food or drugs to the big three (France, USA and Russia, the real big three was US, FRANCE AND UK)

But some of their citizens were not happy and protested that their main ally (uk) is being bruised and we aren't talking or helping them. So, the USA , in other to eat their cake and have it back, decided to draw up a voluntary war recuirtment draft and send their citizens that registered, to help the big three. But it wasn't still like directly supporting .

Uk begged them to enter, but they said no.
And kept saying no, till something drastic happened to them.

If you've watched the film pearl habour, you'll understand what I mean.

Japan and Russia and Italy where the axis powers. Formed together in a collation.
Japan sent bombers to a navy base where American soldiers and their families stay.
Japan timed it that immediately the bombers arrived the base to bomb it, they sent their declaration of war to the US.
IT WAS A DAY ON INFAMY. many civilians and military people died.
That day, the Americans swore that any war that ever goes on, they will surely Intervene for or against. They realized that in war, sitting on the fence is still siting on one side of the fence.

So if there is war, they first look if it's against their allies.if yes, they enter.

If no, they check if it affects their economy or citizens. If yes, they enter.

If no, they check if it will bring territost later. If yes , they enter.

If no, they check if it will affect oil. If yes, they enter.

A true historian will tell you that in any war, one of the above conditions must be true
So on other words, they enter any war. Directly or indirectly

35 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by Weirdberg1: 9:38pm On Mar 17, 2021
emae009:

The attack on Pearl Harbor wasn't an invasion. Invasion in a nutshell refers to occupying or taking over. Japan wasn't trying to occupy Hawaii, what they wanted was to prevent the US from attacking them when they invade the Phillipines.
They were successful but what they weren't expecting was how fast the US will regroup and come after them.
Yea. Invasion was the wrong word to use. it was an attack like you said.
Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by TheGreatIYANU: 9:39pm On Mar 17, 2021
Awesome post. Learning....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by Emilokoiyawon: 10:19pm On Mar 17, 2021
Hitler's greatest mistake is having HATE IN HIS HEART.

2 Likes

Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 17, 2021
The first mistake that Hitler made waz's the invasion of Russia through Stalingrads . This was after they signed non-aggression pact with Soviet Union it was signed by molotov the second mistake that Germany made was that dat they concentrated their army in the northern parts of Europe, they believed in the United States will come from the northern part of Europe since those were the closest point to England .so the United States attacked through the most unlikely point which is Normandy in France the name of that battle is called "operation overlord "it is the greatest military mobilization/invasion in the history of Man. over 40 million men In Normandy in France. This was in 12;44 am,June 6th 1944 the military action was codenamed D-Day that is the origin of the term D-Day that we use today it was spearheaded by Dwight Eisenhower. Who later became u s president and Montgomery .then the cold weather/snow in Russia prevented the movement of heavy duty vehicles and as well as the air Force . Dat, coupled with the seriousness of the Russians in Stalingrad they fought from house to house, compartment by compartment ,room-to-room, hand-to-hand .and the Russians or the Soviet Union closed up every points through which the Nazis will get supplies whether, of food, fuel ,medicine etc as at thus point,
there were other battles in Russia, such as operation barbarossa, operation Uranus, the first second and third Battle of Kharkov but Stalingrad was the most bloody because it involved winning winning war by an inch I mean room-to-room battle. Mussolinii have been removed and killed so the support from Italy had already stopped so after Adolf Hitler had committed suicide the allied forces took over Germany and divided it in halves from Berlin into East and West Germany why did Japanese refuse to surrender refused to surrender even after they had lost Iwo Jima that is the Battle of Iwo Jima then the United States dropped the first atomic bomb in Hiroshima it was flown by Charles Sweeney and the name of the plane is enola gay . Charles Sweeney died in 2007. The Japanese refused to surrender, so u.s then drop the second bomb in Nagasaki . The plane was flown by Paul tibbets he died in 2013. the casualties from both attacks we are up to three hundred thousand at least. If Japan hadn't bombed pear harbor, Hawaii, u.s wouldn't have entered d war, and Britain would have surrendered,since at day point, the Nazis had repeatedly bombed the u.k in what is called blitzkrieg/ blitz for repeated firing. Soviets would have only succeeded in securing their territory alone from d Nazis. As for France, Netherlands, Poland, Romania and the whole of Western Europe, just forget Dem. All these countries na just Waka Dem Waka pass Dem before they took Dem over. No resistance at all. Make our generation wey say Dem want war get sense say confra matter for campus and war na different things entirely. Infact, those who want war naim go first piss and stool for body when e start, na Dem go run first, while d gentle people naim go carry d fight for head.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by Cockanfanta: 11:09pm On Mar 17, 2021
Many innocent people died sha..
Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by gnykelly(m): 11:17pm On Mar 17, 2021
excanny:

I'm reading his book currently 'MIEN KAMPF' the man is mad. pure hatred lives in him.

I'm glad he was conquered.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by nnamdiosu(m): 11:58pm On Mar 17, 2021
gnykelly:

I'm reading his book currently 'MIEN KAMPF' the man is mad. pure hatred lives in him.

I'm glad he was conquered.

He was empowered spiritually by evil, that was why he had so much outstanding victories.

Infact if you look carefully and study the events of ww2, you'll notice that it wasn't just normal war. By all standards, Hitler should have won. He had only uk to contend with, even France had being occupied.

He had unlimited money and man power to fight, great inventions etc. Infact, he was in a race to even invent the atomic bomb.

But just a smallll mistake. And he lost. FUNNY ENOUGH, HITLER ISNT FROM GERMANY O. IMAGINE

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Best Waec Results So Far Have you seen this? / How Can I Rise My GP / Our Maths Teachers Must Apologise To Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.