Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Only One Way To God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Only One Way To God (926 Views)

An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read / See What This Dude Is Giving To God / The One Way And The Only Way: Proves! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only One Way To God by PastorAde: 11:48am On Apr 14, 2011
[center]Only One Way to God[/center]

And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breadth of life; and man became a living soul (Genesis 2:7).

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me” (John 14: 6).
Salvation is found in no one else; for there is no other name given to men under heaven by which mankind must be saved (Acts 4:12).

I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father (John 16: 28).

Man is a tripartite being i.e. man is made up three parts – body, soul, and spirit. The creation of these three parts by God is explained in the first passage above. God formed the body of man from the dust and breathed His own Spirit into man’s body and man became a living soul. That first man was named Adam, the son of God (Luke 3: 38).

In making the woman, God put Adam to sleep and took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof. And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made He a woman, and brought her to the man. And Adam said, This is now the bone of my bone and the flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of man (Genesis 2:21-23).

Prior to the creation of the woman, God had given Adam a commandment of what trees of the garden he was supposed to eat and the one he was supposed to abstain from eating. But the serpent i.e. the devil intruded into the garden while Adam was not around to deceive the woman into eating the forbidden fruit. She ate of the fruit and gave to Adam who also ate in disobedience to God commandment. Thus, Adam and Eve were driven out of the Garden of Eden due to Adam’s sin of disobedience (Genesis 3:24). It was in that state of sin that Cain and Abel – Adam’s children – were born. Thus, all the generations of Adam were born with the sinful nature in their blood. But God had a solution.

God, Who is all wise and all knowing would not be taken by surprise by the devil. He had provided a Lamb (Jesus) Who was slain from before the foundation of the world to take away the sin of the world (Revelation 5:6). At the fullness of time Jesus came into the world via the womb of a virgin named Mary. At the beginning of His ministry, John the Baptist saw Him and testified: Behold the Lamb of God, which takes away the sin of the world (John 1:29b).

There is only one way to be born into this world – through the womb of a woman. And there is only one way to return to God – through Jesus Christ. There is no other name given among men under heaven by which we must be saved. Jesus was the only man that lived without committing any sin. Why? Because He had a divine birth. He was tempted by the devil, but unlike Adam, He overcame. All of us were born as sinners inheriting the sinful nature from Adam; and if we die as sinners, we go to hell. God has already made a way for sinful man to go to heaven. That way is a person whose name is Jesus. Will you be saved and redeemed from sin? Will you go to heaven? If so, pray this prayer aloud: Lord Jesus, come into my heart, wash away my sins. I confess you as my Lord and Savior in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

For prayer and counseling: visit, write, call or email: Prevailing Word & Prayer Ministries Inc. No 11, Ibrahim Tahir Lane, Utako District. P.O.Box 11875, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria. Email: josey500@yahoo.com
Re: Only One Way To God by dare2think: 12:23pm On Apr 14, 2011
Hello Pastor,

I have a lot of things i don't understand and i find it hard to comprehend with statements, But rather than just sit down and accept whatever i'm being told i prefer to ask questions and debate and learn through that process.

Firstly, I disagree with that notion that Jesus is the only way to God. Why? Because I feel it's an inconsiderate statement and very bias.
Please explain to me, what happened to our ancestors that were not exposed to christianity before it's advent?. What happens to the dead people before christ? What happens to other Good people of other faiths when they die?

If you cant answer those questions accurately, then it's fair to say that your comment is irrational.

I'm not an Athiest that tries to rationalise everything, But i just feel statements like "Jesus is the Only way to God" is very incorrect. Both you and I have not died and come back to give an attestation on the requirements to Heaven.

Pls indulge me.
Thanks.
Re: Only One Way To God by Ymodulus: 12:57pm On Apr 14, 2011
Good question bro, i long to see the answer of the so called GOD calling pastor. Less i go, pls pastor man do not tell us ur myth and legends. I mean cock and bull story
Re: Only One Way To God by Jenwitemi(m): 1:36pm On Apr 14, 2011
Get ready to be bombarded with scriptural quotes that do little to prove anything. grin We've been here before, many times over.
dare2think:

Hello Pastor,

I have a lot of things i don't understand and i find it hard to comprehend with statements, But rather than just sit down and accept whatever i'm being told i prefer to ask questions and debate and learn through that process.

Firstly, I disagree with that notion that Jesus is the only way to God. Why? Because I feel it's an inconsiderate statement and very bias.
Please explain to me, what happened to our ancestors that were not exposed to christianity before it's advent?. What happens to the dead people before christ? What happens to other Good people of other faiths when they die?

If you cant answer those questions accurately, then it's fair to say that your comment is irrational.

I'm not an Athiest that tries to rationalise everything, But i just feel statements like "Jesus is the Only way to God" is very incorrect. Both you and I have not died and come back to give an attestation on the requirements to Heaven.

Pls indulge me.
Thanks.

Ymodulus:

Good question bro, i long to see the answer of the so called GOD calling pastor. Less i go, pls pastor man do not tell us your myth and legends. I mean cock and bull story
Re: Only One Way To God by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 14, 2011
LOVE IS THE ONLY ONE WAY TO GOD. Either as a christian, muslim, Buddhist, e.t.c if one has a genuine LOVE toward his/her fellow human it'l automatically becomes a sort of daily worship to the creator cos such individual will refrain from acts that may oppress others (he'l gradually run away from evil or sin). It is not only christians that have access to God but rather the all encompassing LOVE one bears within. Even majority of the so called self-acclaimed christians couldnt understand the teachings of christ properly hence their one sided interpretations. The emergence of christ is a gift out of the LOVE of God towards man. A proper understanding of that LOVE will save the world from religious dogmatism
Re: Only One Way To God by benodic: 6:25pm On Apr 14, 2011
@ Timehin (m)

LOVE IS THE ONLY ONE WAY TO GOD. Either as a christian, muslim, Buddhist, e.t.c if one has a genuine LOVE toward his/her fellow human it'l automatically becomes a sort of daily worship to the creator cos such individual will refrain from acts that may oppress others (he'l gradually run away from evil or sin). It is not only christians that have access to God but rather the all encompassing LOVE one bears within. Even majority of the so called self-acclaimed christians couldnt understand the teachings of christ properly hence their one sided interpretations. The emergence of christ is a gift out of the LOVE of God towards man. A proper understanding of that LOVE will save the world from religious dogmatism

thanks for your wonderful input.

i wish more people will come to this realization that love and love alone will take you to heaven and not any doctrine or dogma or holy book. the aim of spiritual masters and holy books is to awaken the love of God that is already within each soul.

unfortunately followers of religion leave the main thing and start fighting each other over whose master or whose God is bigger. very sad indeed.
Re: Only One Way To God by PastorAde: 7:00pm On Apr 14, 2011
The answer to your question is found in 1 Peter 3: 18-20.
Re: Only One Way To God by benodic: 7:03pm On Apr 14, 2011
@ Timehin (m)

i wish more people will come to this realization that love and love alone will take you to heaven and not any doctrine or dogma or holy book. the aim of spiritual masters and holy books is to awaken the love of God that is already within each soul.

unfortunately followers of religion leave the main thing and start fighting each other over whose master or whose God is bigger. very sad indeed.
Re: Only One Way To God by benodic: 7:10pm On Apr 14, 2011
@ jenwitemi

Get ready to be bombarded with scriptural quotes that do little to prove anything. Grin We've been here before, many times over.

you were just right . check out pastor's reply below

The answer to your question is found in 1 Peter 3: 18-20.
Re: Only One Way To God by Sweetnecta: 7:50pm On Apr 14, 2011
@Pastorade; « #6 on: Today at 07:00:36 PM »
[Quote]The answer to your question is found in 1 Peter 3: 18-20.[/Quote]Pastorade can't defend a statement that is riddled with emptiness. What Jesus said is not even known for sure in the Bible because his "Gospel" is not found in the Bible. What we found are the "Gospels" according to first name writers. According to tells us that it is supposed to have been reiterated by the named entity, to the story narrator. This is the best we come up with. Jesus was neither the story teller nor the one that reiterated his 'preaching; his Gospel.

It is injustice if Jesus is the only way, because he should have been the first to be alive and live until all generations hear his warning.We already know that he arrived only a mere 2,000 years ago. That is like last evening to the existence of the the world for many months or years. If the preached Gospel of Jesus is not captured in its pure state; dotting all the i[es] and crossing the t[es] exactly, why is a mixture of some truth [possibly] and untruth [glaring evidence abound] can ever pass as the source left by 'the only way' for human being?

What role did Moses play in the lives of those he led away from slavery? What role did Noah play in the lives of the people he led away from the flood? What role did Lot play in the lives of those he led away from the brimstone? What role did Jesus play in each of these just to name a few? How is Jesus the only way when it is obvious he played no role in salvation of each of the groups? Is Jesus the one to give salvation to Moses, the one whose book Jesus had to follow and confirmed that whosoever abolishes it will be the least in the kingdom of heaven? Paul abolished it, I think.

I hope the pastor can respond to the questions from the other contributors, instead of telling us to go to Peter, when he could not quote Jesus himself, directly. Is Jesus speech now less effective about himself compared to what Peter or any other persons say about him?

@benodic; « #7 on: Today at 07:03:49 PM »
[Quote]@ Timehin (m)

unfortunately followers of religion leave the main thing and start fighting each other over whose master or whose God is bigger. very sad indeed.[/Quote]Who sets up the rule that governs The Only way to God, but God Himself? God Himself hates evil, the reason He will punish the likes of Hitler, etc. To therefore say that only 'love' can conquer is giving your own definition preference over what The One Who sets the rule says. The Only way to God is following His Direct Commandments upon you. What you have to do is to find the source that has His direct Commandments and latch on to it. Ask Him alone to guide your affairs so that you find it as soon as possible. At least before death comes knocking. We do not know when that is and it is definitely too late at that time; when pharaoh was drowning he realized his fault. He repented, but it was in vain.

Pharaoh was thrown into his watery grave by force. He didn't leisurely rode into the sea.
Re: Only One Way To God by PastorAde: 11:08pm On Apr 14, 2011
Jesus Himself said to him (i.e.Thomas ), "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me" (John 14:6, emphasis added). It is not a coincidence that these words were spoken to a disciple called Thomas. Popularly, he is called a doubting Thomas. So to all the doubting Thomases, Jesus said with His own mouth, He's the way - the only way to God. Heaven and earth shall pass away, these words shall not pass away. That is why even time is named after Him - BC or AD. Who else in History has that honor? He is the one that lives, and was dead, behold, He is alive forevermore and He has the keys of hell and death (Rev. 1: 18). I rest my case. A word is enough for the wise!
Re: Only One Way To God by Sweetnecta: 1:31am On Apr 15, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ It is obvious that the statement that you recorded that was spoken to Thomas is incorrect. Did you consider those favored by God before Jesus came with the Gospel?

Proof; Adam, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Lot to name a few before Moses, Joshua, Elijah, Elisha, Job, David, etc, Zacharias, John the son of Zacharias; none of them needed Jesus to get to God. God spoke to Moses so much that the muslims, jews and yes the christians accept that God did speak with him. Abraham was beloved by God that He said of Abraham "My Personal Friend".

How is Jesus the only way in light of the above? Did they need him at all? Which one of them and how?

Watch folks how the Pastor trips himself. He has himself in a pickle, now. Harry Hoodini in a stray jacket without a hidden key in his mouth.
Re: Only One Way To God by dare2think: 9:37am On Apr 15, 2011
Pastor Ade,

I asked you politely very clearly written questions, You gave me an ambivalence answer, Pls check the meaning.

It's really unfair, rather than admit you have know idea honestly, you just revealed your inadequacy.

Did our ancestors know christ?
The era of abraham, did they know christ?
Do people in other countries with their doctrines faith, do they all know christ?
A little child of a mulsim/pagan when they die, do they know Christ?

All these people above, pls what is/was the way for them when they die?

Yet your reply suggest only christ is the way.  Do you notice the flaw in your answer? Atleast the Christain in you should admit the truth.     

SHAME.
Re: Only One Way To God by Enigma(m): 10:08am On Apr 15, 2011
@dare2think

Have a look at a couple of older threads for wider perspectives on the issue.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-411099.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-419596.0.html
Re: Only One Way To God by dare2think: 10:55am On Apr 15, 2011
Emigma,

Thanks you for your post. I have read some of your contributions and I am satisfied with some views.

Atleast it's better than the vague answer this author provided.

However, I still find it funny we still look at the situation from the Christianity lens, which to me sound rather bias.
But i agree with majority of the quote. I think several ways lead to God. Your mind and actions is what matters not the mediator.

Thanks for your reply.

Well, Christianity and being a true believer--you know, I think there's the Body of Christ. This comes from all the Christian groups around the world, outside the Christian groups. I think everybody that loves Christ, or knows Christ, whether they're conscious of it or not, they're members of the Body of Christ. And I don't think that we're going to see a great sweeping revival, that will turn the whole world to Christ at any time. I think James answered that, the Apostle James in the first council in Jerusalem, when he said that God's purpose for this age is to call out a people for His name. And that's what God is doing today, He's calling people out of the world for His name, whether they come from the Muslim world, or the Buddhist world, or the Christian world or the non-believing world, they are members of the Body of Christ because they've been called by God. They may not even know the name of Jesus but they know in their hearts that they need something that they don't have, and they turn to the only light that they have, and I think that they are saved, and that they're going to be with us in heaven.
Re: Only One Way To God by Enigma(m): 11:01am On Apr 15, 2011
Chhers; you've done more than I had a right to expect.

God bless. smiley
Re: Only One Way To God by Nobody: 12:55pm On Apr 15, 2011
Jesus is the only way to God
God is the only way to me
Therefore, Jesus is the only way to me

So if you find God, you've not yet reached your final destination.
Re: Only One Way To God by dare2think: 1:08pm On Apr 15, 2011
phxc:

Did you make a mistake when writing this??

Have you read it again?
How does it sound to you?

If i find God I have not reached the final destination? Is there anything/anyone beyond God?

Religion and confusion, they go hand in hand

Sigh undecided
Re: Only One Way To God by Gbenge77(m): 4:52pm On Apr 15, 2011
Very good.
Re: Only One Way To God by Pukkah: 5:41pm On Apr 15, 2011
phxc:

This is a circular argument that lends no hand to address any of the issues in the thread.  In fact, you have only attempted to introduce confusion.
Re: Only One Way To God by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 18, 2011
dare2think:

If i find God I have not reached the final destination? Is there anything/anyone beyond God?

Yes, there's something beyond God and that's me smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

(1) (Reply)

God Promise Of Giving Pastors To His People / What If There Is No Such Place As Purgatory? / God's Will Or Mine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.