Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read (12902 Views)

Photo Of A Man Found In A Bottle In Ghana, Floating In A River / The Pastor With The 'Magic' Jacket (Photos, Video) / "Fire From Above Burns Jacket Of A Man Who Doubted Zimbabwean Pastor" - Says ECG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by Toks2008(m): 12:55pm On Oct 18, 2015
I have always wondered how easy it is for people to bring down the beliefs of others because to me this is grossly unfair and not necessary.

I believe in the muslim faith and i also believe in christianity...i respect the Athiest mindset and that is the way to go.

Everyone has a right to his or her beliefs but no matter what we believe,there is always a constant which is the truth and so i always ask myself some questions like, what if it was not necessary to accept Jesus as my lord and Savior? what if there is no GOD? What if there is no judgement,heaven or hell? What if there is no life after death?

But before i made my decision some years ago on what to believe,i pondered over this story and i want you all to read.

Some men were to embark on a compulsory one way journey to a certain destination but there is an unfounded story going round that on the route to that destination,there is a big river they must cross and the best way to be on the safer side is to take with them a life jacket because without a life jacket,they will never be able to cross that river to the other side.

Fortunately,this life jacket is a very light one that does not add any significant weight to their luggage and if they get to that river and realize they don't need the life jacket,they have nothing to lose and will just cross over anyways but if they get to that river and realize they need that jacket to cross over,they have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

This is the case we face today; The Bible says we must believe that Jesus died for us and accept him as Saviour(Which is a synonym of the life jacket) before we can have an everlasting life in paradise(Cross the river)

Atheists say you don't need to believe there is a GOD let alone Jesus before you can have a good after life.

Christians say you need to accept Jesus Christ as lord and Saviour in order to have a good after life.

The Muslims believe that Jesus was a servant of God who was sent to the world but never died for them and they need not believe in his death and resurrection.

Now this is the interesting thing to ponder over:

1.If as an Atheist you believe there is GOD and accept Jesus as lord and savior and you die and realize you really do not need to believe all these,you definitely have nothing to lose at all but if you realize that your decision to believe these paid off,i guess you have nothing to lose but everything to gain.

2.For the Muslims who believe that Jesus was never crucified hence no need to accept him as savior,what if you die and realize you were wrong all along,you will definitely have everything to lose and nothing to gain but if you accept Jesus today and you die to realize you made a wise decision, you will have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

I have made my choice many years ago and if i die today and realize there is no GOD,no life after death,no judgment,no heaven or hell,i honestly have nothing to lose even if i have nothing to gain,its still safe but if i die this moment and realize that i made the right choice believing there is GOD and that Jesus actually died as a lamb of GOD to save the world from eternal condemnation i have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

MAY GOD NOT LET US BE AMONG THOSE WHO WILL KNOW THE TRUTH AFTER WE LEAVE THIS WORLD WHICH APPARENTLY WILL BE TOO LATE.IT COSTS US NOTHING TO BELIEVE THERE IS GOD AND THAT JESUS DIED TO TAKE AWAY OUR SINS.PLEASE LETS PLAY SAFE.

[size=14pt]Think about this[/size]

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by ernesty20(m): 1:04pm On Oct 18, 2015
Nice piece
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by Toks2008(m): 1:08pm On Oct 18, 2015
winkThanks bro

ernesty20:
Nice piece
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by Krystalzkris(f): 1:16pm On Oct 18, 2015
sounds like gambling to me... What if you die and find out that its Zeus who is the true god.. He'l roast your silly ass for not believing..

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by Toks2008(m): 1:19pm On Oct 18, 2015
Krystalzkris:
sounds like gambling to me... What if you die and find out that its Zeus who is the true god.. He'l roast your silly ass for not believing..

I appreciate you assertion but speaking from the contemporary beliefs i believe it will be a fair gamble.

1 Like

Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by onetrack(m): 1:38pm On Oct 18, 2015
And what if this god only allows atheists into heaven?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by Toks2008(m): 1:53pm On Oct 18, 2015
onetrack:
And what if this god only allows atheists into heaven?

All join...at least they believe he exists
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by abduljabbar4(m): 3:48pm On Oct 18, 2015
Great difference in the 2 options
Option A is supposed to be: what if Islam is the right religion? You have everything to lose

Thanks for wasting my time

27 Likes

Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by Krystalzkris(f): 4:09pm On Oct 18, 2015
Toks2008:

I appreciate you assertion but speaking from the contemporary beliefs i believe it will be a fair gamble.

smh. I asked what you would do if you found out it isn't your Yahweh and Jesus that's master over there.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by menesheh(m): 5:04pm On Oct 18, 2015
Pascal's wager is very old argument nah refuted severally.

If you die and find out (if you can) that their is no god that issued this various religious tenets, let's assume you were given an opportunity to spend another lifetime, promise me, you will not keep regretting throughout, such high volume of ignorance in your previous life.

If i die and find out later that there is this God, waiting patiently to deal with me for mere disbelieving, if he couldn't allow me to explain myself after-all, I will be happy to receiving such punishment knowing fully well that am morally upright than such god.

I have pretty enough questions to ask if ever i could be given just five minutes to question god.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by Toks2008(m): 5:20pm On Oct 18, 2015
Krystalzkris:
smh. I asked what you would do if you found out it isn't your Yahweh and Jesus that's master over there.

Nothing to gain and nothing to lose.
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by Toks2008(m): 5:24pm On Oct 18, 2015
menesheh:

Pascal's wager is very old argument nah refuted severally.

If you die and find out (if you can) that their is no god that issued this various religious tenets, let's assune you were given another opportunity to spend another lifetime, promise me, you will not keep regretting such high volume of ignorance throughout such life.

Of i die and find out later that there is this God, waiting patiently to deal with me for mere disbelieving, if he couldn't allow me to explain myself afterall, I will be happy to receiving such punishment knowing fully well that am morally upright than such god.

I have pretty enough questions to ask if ever i could be given just five minutes to question god.

You will be amazed that you will be given enough time to ask your questions and you will surely get good answers but at the end the fact still remains that you will have nothing to gain and everything to lose.

2 Likes

Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by menesheh(m): 5:47pm On Oct 18, 2015
Toks2008:

You will be amazed that you will be given enough time to ask your questions and you will surely get good answers but at the end the fact still remains that you will have nothing to gain and everything to lose.

And hope you read where i said that i will be happy to receive such punishment knowing fully well that if am in the shoe of such god, i will not punish him for mere disbelieving in me, pointing out those places am morally superior than such god.

2 Likes

Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by johnydon22(m): 6:35pm On Oct 18, 2015
[b] Pascal's wager . . . lol. . . How quaint . . . Now lets take it apart.

First Pascal's wager is a nuclear bomb shattering the very heart of theism if you look at it well.

-On a first note pascal wager reveals the stark dishonesty in beliefs.

Someone who employs Pascal's wager "Why not believe a God exist to be on the safe side in case it's true" Has betrayed a lot of dishonesty in such a belief.

You don't believe in God because it actually exists

You don't believe it because it is evidential

You don't believe it because you want to believe

You don't believe it because you love to to

You don't believe it because you find it plausible to believe.

No! You only believe it because you are scared of what such wrathful vengeful angry God might do to you if in fact such actually exists.

Everyone can see just how ridiculously cheap that dishonesty and fearful submission is.

Let me assume a God that is belief and worship monger exist (A God that needs you to believe it or it burns you)

Do you think you can deceive it that easily? You don't believe it because it is believable but only just because you want to be on the safe side in case it turns out true...

- You take out other possible Gods and Hells in the picture.

Since Pascal's wager proposes you believe one particular God in case it turns out to be in existence and is belief mongering so it wouldn't hurt you.

It forgot there are a thousand and one other angry Gods out there with blazing hells waiting for unbelievers.

So a Muslim believing in Allah and yahweh turns out to be true is messed up for real, A christians believing in Yahweh and Osiris turns out true is really fuuuckked up because you will have an angry God glaring at you for not believing it.

Pascal's wager actually reveals to people just how absurd theism and the concept of worship begging Gods are.

If you believe 1 out of 1000 other Gods and possible hells. You see that the only difference between you and an atheist is that:

While you believe 1 and disbelieves the remaining 999

An atheist disbelieves all the 1000 which includes yours.

So your Odd is not even more appealing than that of an atheist because you only have 1% odd of being right against 99% odd of being wrong.

A muslim who is worshipping Allah supposing Yahweh is real is getting Yahweh madder and madder ever friday they go to mosque to pray and we all know Yahweh has insecurity issues and it's jealousy is way up there.

A chritian worshipping Yahweh and supposing Allah is real is seriously getting the already angry God angrier by going to Church to worship another and we all know Allah has same insecurity issues ..

Why not forget the unnecessary gamble based on nonsensical fear of abstract concepts and believe what you want to believe.

If you deem it fit to believe in personal Gods thats a noble choice but banking on your fears to do that shows you are worshipping nothing but your own fears.

I don't believe in Personal Gods because i find nothing substantiating enough to suggest that all these concepts of personal Gods are not constructs of primitive wishful thinking and effect of Ignorance about the world.

By painting these personal Gods as flimsy childish characters who are vying to burn people for not believing sheepishly shows they are nothing more than relics of a greedy and barbaric constructs.

Such Gods are too small for a sane mind.

I'd rather base my confidence on my own personal reason, evidence and consistent logic to guide my life and choices ....
[/b]

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by Krystalzkris(f): 6:35pm On Oct 18, 2015
Toks2008:

Nothing to gain and nothing to lose.
lol... You think u will escape hell if its not ur own version of God?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by Toks2008(m): 10:36am On Oct 25, 2015
Krystalzkris:
lol... You think u will escape hell if its not ur own version of God?

The assertion we have right now that there is no GOD according to atheists.
That Jesus was never crucified and you need not accept him as savior to enter heaven or aljonah according to Islamic teachings about salvation..

These are the assertions in the world today and that is the basis for my write up.
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by Krystalzkris(f): 11:05am On Oct 25, 2015
Toks2008:

The assertion we have right now that there is no GOD according to atheists.
That Jesus was never crucified and you need not accept him as savior to enter heaven or aljonah according to Islamic teachings about salvation..

These are the assertions in the world today and that is the basis for my write up.
what do u mean?
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by Toks2008(m): 10:17am On Jan 17, 2016
Something to think about
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 17, 2016
*Sighs* Pascal's wager again So Op, tell me, Will the muslim be given buckets besides me in hellundecided

Or if Allah is true, will YOU be given special buckets of water??

1 Like

Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by Toks2008(m): 12:07pm On Jan 17, 2016
Krystalzkris:
what do u mean?

The write up is explicit enough.
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 17, 2016
Op you should be afraid if you are gambling God's existence because you may end up in hell too.

The God i have seen in the bible demands absolute faith in him. Any thing less than absolute is as good as nothing.

2 Likes

Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by Toks2008(m): 1:50pm On Jan 17, 2016
Speechless3:
Op you should be afraid if you are gambling God's existence because you may end up in hell too.

The God i have seen in the bible demands absolute faith in him. Any thing less than absolute is as good as nothing.

No be only gambling..na betting..when you are set you will read again and clearly get the message.
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by missingrib(f): 5:36pm On Jan 17, 2016
Toks2008:
I have always wondered how easy it is for people to bring down the beliefs of others because to me this is grossly unfair and not necessary.

Everyone has a right to his or her beliefs but no matter what we believe,there is always a constant which is the truth and so i always ask myself some questions like, what if it was not necessary to accept Jesus as my lord and Savior? what if there is no GOD? What if there is no judgement,heaven or hell? What if there is no life after death?

But before i made my decision some years ago on what to believe,i pondered over this story and i want you all to read.

Some men were to embark on a compulsory one way journey to a certain destination but there is an unfounded story going round that on the route to that destination,there is a big river they must cross and the best way to be on the safer side is to take with them a life jacket because without a life jacket,they will never be able to cross that river to the other side.

Fortunately,this life jacket is a very light one that does not add any significant weight to their luggage and if they get to that river and realize they don't need the life jacket,they have nothing to lose and will just cross over anyways but if they get to that river and realize they need that jacket to cross over,they have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

This is the case we face today; The Bible says we must believe that Jesus died for us and accept him as Saviour(Which is a synonym of the life jacket) before we can have an everlasting life in paradise(Cross the river)

Atheists say you don't need to believe there is a GOD let alone Jesus before you can have a good after life.

Christians say you need to accept Jesus Christ as lord and Saviour in order to have a good after life.

The Muslims believe that Jesus never died for them and they need not believe in his death and resurrection.

Now this is the interesting thing to ponder over:

1.If as an Atheist you believe there is GOD and accept Jesus as lord and savior and you die and realize you really do not need to believe all these,you definitely have nothing to lose at all but if you realize that your decision to believe these paid off,i guess you have nothing to lose but everything to gain.

2.For the Muslims who believe that Jesus was never crucified hence no need to accept him as savior,what if you die and realize you were wrong all along,you will definitely have everything to lose and nothing to gain but if you accept Jesus today and you die to realize you made a wise decision, you will have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

I have made my choice many years ago and if i die today and realize there is no GOD,no life after death,no judgment,no heaven or hell,i honestly have nothing to lose even if i have nothing to gain,its still safe but if i die this moment and realize that i made the right choice believing there is GOD and that Jesus actually died as a lamb of GOD to save the world from eternal condemnation i have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

MAY GOD NOT LET US BE AMONG THOSE WHO WILL KNOW THE TRUTH AFTER WE LEAVE THIS WORLD WHICH APPARENTLY WILL BE TOO LATE.IT COSTS US NOTHING TO BELIEVE THERE IS GOD AND THAT JESUS DIED TO TAKE AWAY OUR SINS.PLEASE LETS PLAY SAFE.

[size=14pt]Think about this[/size]

knowing there is God and accepting him as ur Lord and personal saviour is two different things, so which boat are you??

1 Like

Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by Toks2008(m): 9:16am On Jan 24, 2016
Lalasticlala this piece is a good one for a sunday.

Read through and you will see that it does not in anyway attack any religion but very objective and insightful.
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by otemanuduno: 10:28am On Jan 24, 2016
no p
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by boboLIL(m): 10:29am On Jan 24, 2016
The only thing I. Know of this op is that his. Favourite colour is BLUE

1 Like

Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by jaybee104(m): 10:29am On Jan 24, 2016
tongue
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by lonelydora: 10:29am On Jan 24, 2016
I dey come...
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by SPG4U(m): 10:33am On Jan 24, 2016
[size=20pt]Most times we do not know what God always think about what we do

i womanize because God still loves David and Solomon even though they are womanizers

So am sure God loves me, you might not be as luxk as I, David and Solomon...

So do not try this[/size]

meanwhile guys see this threaad on nairaland on the new way to cure stroke, obesity, burn fat, and obesity

https://www.nairaland.com/2844443/know-anybody-down-stroke
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by pulsa(m): 10:36am On Jan 24, 2016
there are so many gods and mythologies so you will always be at a disadvantage with picking any god, so op chillax and live life to the fullest.
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by shamecurls(m): 10:37am On Jan 24, 2016
Summary
Re: An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read by AyamConfidence(m): 10:38am On Jan 24, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Masturbating With Images Of Your Spouse In Your Head A Sin? / 8 Reasons Why Obedience To God Is Very Important / Idahosa The Spiritual Father Of Chris Okafor, A Generation Of Fake Prophets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.