Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,436 members, 7,861,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:42 AM

I Have Never Been Invited For An Interview Since Graduation. - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Have Never Been Invited For An Interview Since Graduation. (28722 Views)

I've Been Invited For Sterling Bank Job Interview. What Should I Expect? / Has Any One Been Invited By Zeb-web For Interview? / Thread For those Invited for 2019 INEC Adhoc Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Never Been Invited For An Interview Since Graduation. by uche393: 7:15pm On Mar 20, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:
Everybody is talking of IT IT
The IT will soon cast self
Imagine IT firm offering 50k where you will work like elephant and eat like ant
IT cannot cast because it's not a lazy man's job.
Re: I Have Never Been Invited For An Interview Since Graduation. by Albertone(m): 7:16pm On Mar 20, 2021
BigDawsNet:

https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/introduction-to-cyber-security

Register and you may qualify for upgrade

Okay thanks sir
Re: I Have Never Been Invited For An Interview Since Graduation. by IBreakRules: 7:28pm On Mar 20, 2021
kelvinrhs:

You're doing well

Keep pushing, you will get to the top of the mountain

I BELEIVE IN YOU!

Thanks for the morale booster....
Cheers.
Re: I Have Never Been Invited For An Interview Since Graduation. by pompeiimagnus: 8:18pm On Mar 20, 2021
Gaiusc:
What's Your Source?

Every year at least 100k graduates complete NYSC. What percentage of this number manage to get jobs that even pay up to 50k monthly? Please reply with your own source too.

Re: I Have Never Been Invited For An Interview Since Graduation. by kunkelhanspeter(m): 12:47am On Mar 21, 2021
uche393:
IT cannot cast because it's not a lazy man's job.
Cast I mean is dey will start hiring IT guy for 30-40k soon
Re: I Have Never Been Invited For An Interview Since Graduation. by NarnieAceTech: 2:24am On Mar 21, 2021
PhDinView:

I don't know of any vacancy in Lagos at the moment but I could have a job for you since you mentioned that you are a video editor.

If you are good with the skill sets you mentioned, then be rest assured that doors of opportunity will soon be opened to you. NEVER GIVE UP

I very much appreciate that. How do I get in touch with you for that video editing job, please?
Re: I Have Never Been Invited For An Interview Since Graduation. by NarnieAceTech: 2:26am On Mar 21, 2021
AgentGoat:

You have got yourself a good skills. Try and add more. This niche is not my area. I'm sorry.

Sorry, By "more", what do mean? What would you recommend
Re: I Have Never Been Invited For An Interview Since Graduation. by NarnieAceTech: 2:30am On Mar 21, 2021
Hassanmaye:

do we have computer scientist that are job hunting?

Unfortunately, I am still job hunting. Submitted my CV to almost 15 places, got a call once but the network was very bad, I tried to call back but it kept going straight to voicemail.

Do you have an opening available? I really need the work experience

1 Like

Re: I Have Never Been Invited For An Interview Since Graduation. by Gaiusc: 7:28am On Mar 21, 2021
pompeiimagnus:

Every year at least 100k graduates complete NYSC. What percentage of this number manage to get jobs that even pay up to 50k monthly? Please reply with your own source too.

The picture you posted still doesn't back your claim. In Lagos alone, there are over a thousand new job openings in the public and private sector combined yearly. According To You,there are over 100k graduates yearly, if 2% only gain employment, that's 2000 persons already and we both know that the percentage of graduates that gain employment after NYSC yearly is well above that.
Re: I Have Never Been Invited For An Interview Since Graduation. by pompeiimagnus: 7:58am On Mar 21, 2021
Gaiusc:

The picture you posted still doesn't back your claim. In Lagos alone, there are over a thousand new job openings in the public and private sector combined yearly. According To You,there are over 100k graduates yearly, if 2% only gain employment, that's 2000 persons already and we both know that the percentage of graduates that gain employment after NYSC yearly is well above that.

You just want to keep marketing your so-called expert CV services. Baba, how many of these your thousand new job openings in Lagos pay at least 100k monthly to new graduates? Even 100k monthly isn't a decent salary for someone that lives in Lagos. Na your clients I dey pity sha, please keep convincing them that CV is the problem.
Re: I Have Never Been Invited For An Interview Since Graduation. by Metu2016: 9:54am On Mar 21, 2021
Legalcriminal:
So people still dey find job for this country.
After working like machine and end up being paid shit.
Well real niggas smoke shii and bomb all night
Bro show us way nah
Re: I Have Never Been Invited For An Interview Since Graduation. by Epistasis(m): 11:24am On Mar 21, 2021
pompeiimagnus:

You just want to keep marketing your so-called expert CV services. Baba, how many of these your thousand new job openings in Lagos pay at least 100k monthly to new graduates? Even 100k monthly isn't a decent salary for someone that lives in Lagos. Na your clients I dey pity sha, please keep convincing them that CV is the problem.

CV is never the problem, most people don't have the requisite experience for available jobs.

1 Like

Re: I Have Never Been Invited For An Interview Since Graduation. by Tundesimple123(m): 12:01pm On Mar 21, 2021
happy Sunday House, please I need were I can learn Digital marketing at a cost that I will be able to avoid, am a graduate and I want to upgrade my certificate so I can find something doing that we put food on my table. you can watsap me on 08063700477. thanks.
Re: I Have Never Been Invited For An Interview Since Graduation. by SamsonJohn743(m): 12:04pm On Mar 21, 2021
Lamasta:

I was once in your shoes but the first interview I got was my first job so no worry just ensure your CV/Resume is well designed and also upgrade skill set also very soon na job go dey find you not interview

What kind of skill should one get? I studied entrepreneurship and i know excel and other Microsoft office suites.
Re: I Have Never Been Invited For An Interview Since Graduation. by Gaiusc: 4:01pm On Mar 21, 2021
pompeiimagnus:

What are you talking about, i never advertised any cv service, you're leaving the issue at hand to attack my person. Most university graduates don't have the necessary skills or experience that'll require them to be paid such amount, unless it's a high income job.
Re: I Have Never Been Invited For An Interview Since Graduation. by pompeiimagnus: 3:56am On Mar 22, 2021
Gaiusc:

What are you talking about, i never advertised any cv service, you're leaving the issue at hand to attack my person. Most university graduates don't have the necessary skills or experience that'll require them to be paid such amount, unless it's a high income job.

Y'all are the problem sha. Is 100k really a "high income job" that should require such "necessary skills and experience" Lol...
Re: I Have Never Been Invited For An Interview Since Graduation. by pompeiimagnus: 5:32am On Mar 22, 2021
Epistasis:

CV is never the problem, most people don't have the requisite experience for available jobs.

Gaiusc:

The problem is that the economy doesn't produce enough entry-level graduate jobs every year. This simply boils down to having very few industries especially in energy, manufacturing, IT, and financial services. Here in the U.S., most students secure graduate level jobs in their final semesters before graduating. Even with COVID, many young graduates here are getting well paid jobs with very little experience and skills. This is the major issue in Naija, and not the graduates we have. Many of us doing well here in the U.S. graduated from Nigerian Universities before coming to study and work here.

Many companies in Europe, Asia and North America have well paid graduate trainee or development programs that usually last 2 to 3 years, specifically designed for fresh graduates each year. In Nigeria, these types of jobs are less than 1000 annually. That is the major problem and not the quality of graduates.
Re: I Have Never Been Invited For An Interview Since Graduation. by Gaiusc: 7:57am On Mar 22, 2021
You're right but comparing these developed nations to Nigeria is kind of unfair. These other nations have institutions in place to make all these happen, Nigeria has zero to non. The best way out for Ngerian Youths is to start looking out for other areas to venture into and make something out for themselves,without depending on the government. If they have this mentality and start working on it right from school, i think they'll be better off by the time they graduate.
Re: I Have Never Been Invited For An Interview Since Graduation. by Gaiusc: 7:58am On Mar 22, 2021
pompeiimagnus:

The problem is that the economy doesn't produce enough entry-level graduate jobs every year. This simply boils down to having very few industries especially in energy, manufacturing, IT, and financial services. Here in the U.S., most students secure graduate level jobs in their final semesters before graduating. Even with COVID, many young graduates here are getting well paid jobs with very little experience and skills. This is the major issue in Naija, and not the graduates we have. Many of us doing well here in the U.S. graduated from Nigerian Universities before coming to study and work here.

Many companies in Europe, Asia and North America have well paid graduate trainee or development programs that usually last 2 to 3 years, specifically designed for fresh graduates each year. In Nigeria, these types of jobs are less than 1000 annually. That is the major problem and not the quality of graduates.
Re: I Have Never Been Invited For An Interview Since Graduation. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:37pm On Mar 22, 2021
BigDawsNet:
You study IT related course in school with no interview or job

Then the issue is not you working experience but your lack of IT professional course.

Can help with a link to sit for some IT courses in University of Leeds, Readings, Open UNIVERSITY UK and so on in England ...

Absolutely free but it takes less than 3weeks and you have to write exam online

You pass over 75% you get you certificate from the school mentioned above

Where's the link, please?
Re: I Have Never Been Invited For An Interview Since Graduation. by Nextleve89: 4:24pm On Mar 22, 2021
lanre88:
Nigerians I hail thee, so many people are still rushing for white collar jobs that pay peanuts when you have something far better than this out there.

A word is enough...

lanre88 you could help .....Please
Re: I Have Never Been Invited For An Interview Since Graduation. by Nextleve89: 5:00pm On Mar 22, 2021
hotplate:
i just got a job of 60k to resume on monday but guess what my roommate in school then who dropped out after second year just bought a Lexus GS worth about 4million.. as i am now i am confused weather to pick that job or just go the way of my roommate.. for those of you that will ask me where
he work nor be my mouth una go hear say buhari is the most useless president in the history of Nigeria

As e dey hot .....hotplate
Re: I Have Never Been Invited For An Interview Since Graduation. by Uwaomaokey(m): 7:18am On Jul 20, 2022
tunjijones:
Do professional courses especially in IT. I did courses in IT security, even though i came out with a third class, am doing well with a very well paying job.

Though the certification courses might be expensive just do it if you can afford it.

Am a living testimony.

GM, please can you suggest some courses in IT security and how I can go back learning them. Thank you.
Re: I Have Never Been Invited For An Interview Since Graduation. by oyegokee30: 10:13am On Jul 20, 2022
HIRING!! FRONT DESK – ADMIN OFFICER IKEJA
HRLeverage Africa is an HR management, Outsourcing and Recruitment Service Provider. Our Client is in the travel& logistics industry is hiring for the services of a Receptionist, who will act as the first point of contact with the clients. The Ideal Candidate will perform essential front desk administrative duties including answering phone calls and greeting clients.

Responsibilities.
Greet guests and provide them with superb customer service.
Ensure the front desk is neat, presentable, and equipped with all the necessary supplies such as pens, forms, and paper.
Answer all client questions and incoming calls.
Redirect phone calls to the appropriate department and take down messages.
Accept all letters and packages, and distribute them to their appropriate departments.
Monitor, organize and forward emails.
Track and order office equipment and supplies.
Maintain records and files.
Requirements:

1. O’level or relevant qualification
2. A minimum of 1 year prove experience in a similar role.
3. Good understanding of office administration and basic bookkeeping practices.
4. Superb written and verbal communication skills.
5. Excellent organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
6. Strong knowledge of MS Office programs.
7. Must reside in Ikeja or in close environs.

Benefits: Monthly 40,000
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and Qualified Candidates should submit applications to resume@hrleverageafrica.com with the job title as the subject of the mail.
PS: To get similar jobs please join our Telegram group –see link below. https:///+UBqIdlAdEP126tUN
Re: I Have Never Been Invited For An Interview Since Graduation. by Ketchup908: 2:41pm On Jul 20, 2022
Komu1048:
I hate seeing job advert like mad, I do make it to the interview stage n las las them no go call me. The one that pain me most was firstbank, I don even sign guarantor form and agree on salary. And I was told they will send me mail to when I will resume and the branch. Naso I no hear anything. An my hustle dey pay now n somehow life is still fear cox I render services to md of banks, oil companies etc n I charge dem well. If I'm not qualified to work under you I'm qualified to render service for you. Anyhow I'm still paid

Which kind of service do you render?
Re: I Have Never Been Invited For An Interview Since Graduation. by Komu1048(m): 3:49pm On Jul 20, 2022
Ketchup908:

Which kind of service do you render?

It’s in my signature

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Healthstream Alliance Called Me For An Interview / Where Do You Work And What's Your Position? / His New Boss Struck The Centre Of His Palm With First Finger, First Handshake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.