Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,914 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own (36444 Views)

Burnaboy says 'JayZ No Do Pass Like This' at Starboyfest (video) / #bbnaija: Mr P. Promises Tacha N60 Million Naira If She Don't Win - Jomotv / Seun Kuti And His Partner, Yeide At The Grammy's Last Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by ebukajay184: 8:12am On Mar 21, 2021
"I'll never forget how so many of you prayed that I don't win" - Burnaboy

My kids will confidently beat their chest and say “Daddy did it on his OWN, We can do it on our own” - Burnaboy

Nigerian singer, Burnaboy who won his first Grammy on Sunday night, March 14, for the Best Global Music Album, revealed that he did it on his own, IgbereTV reports.

He said that his kids will beat their chest some day and say, 'Daddy did it on his own. He also said he'll never forget how people prayed for him not to win.

Read his tweets below.

"My kids will confidently beat their chest and say “Daddy did it on his OWN, We can do it on our own”
https://twitter.com/burnaboy/status/1373339624618270721?s=20

"When you KNOW yourself. NOBODY can tell you about yourself. KNOW YOURSELVES and never go against yourself."
https://twitter.com/burnaboy/status/1373340423272460290?s=20

"GOD is most definitely NOT A MAN. I will never forget how so many of you prayed that I don’t win. too dumb to understand that you also win if I win. No worry This is just the beginning. God is Great."

https://twitter.com/burnaboy/status/1373344423208161283?s=20

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Righteousness2(m): 8:18am On Mar 21, 2021
Bro Burna what The LORD GOD is interested in is in the Salvation of your Soul not all these worldly gratifications that advances the devil ...

That is what will give HIM Joy...
That is what will make HIM Smile..
That is what will give HIM Glory..

162 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Beckysexy(f): 8:48am On Mar 21, 2021
He's a good artist no doubt but he is not mature.

323 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by LoudLord(m): 8:51am On Mar 21, 2021
well said OluwaBurna

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 21, 2021
Somehow I like some strange things about him,I hate people who follow the crowd or act in a way to be accepted by everyone, he's a real man and doing his thing alone,such men go far in life.I also like how he loves his family and carrying them along

87 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by alexsoftwork(m): 8:56am On Mar 21, 2021
Righteousness2:
Bro Burna what The LORD GOD is interested in is in the Salvation of your Soul ..

Shut up. It is not all topics u jump into, some are not of ur business, u always on point on some topics, while some, u sounded religiously ridiculous.

Focus on your part bro.

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by kendrick93(m): 9:00am On Mar 21, 2021
TBH burna boy did it on his own,
It was his hard work, persistent and talent that got him to be nominated and even when he lost out, he came back even stronger the following year despite nay-sayers predicted he won't be near a nomination list after his loss to Angelique kidjo.
With All that said, despite his Grammy win,. Tuface Idibia still remains my undisputed GOAT in the afrobeats/pop genre..
Special mentions to psquare, Wizkid, & D'banj..

146 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by ikllbrokehoes(m): 9:01am On Mar 21, 2021
Beckysexy:
Are you matured?

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by ikllbrokehoes(m): 9:03am On Mar 21, 2021
Those unfortunate people that prayed he shouldn't win must have been disappointed, burna deserves whatever he has now, because he worked hard for it without anyone's support, hate him or not he won't stop thriving.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by cassidy1996(m): 9:16am On Mar 21, 2021
alexsoftwork:

Shut up. It is not all topics u jump into, some are not of ur business, u always on point on some topics, while some, u sounded religiously ridiculous.

Focus on your part bro.
calm down

9 Likes

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by LMS1(m): 9:17am On Mar 21, 2021
IF I WAS THE ONE I WOULD HAVE REMOVED N100 FROM THAT GRAMMY MONEY AND BUY SHAVING BIG.
I WOULDNT LET MY ARMPIT BECOME FILLED WITH HAIR.

But what do I know some people say its an healthy lifestyle to keep pubic hairs.

To me its damn disgusting except it will win me a grammy too then I can keep it 10 inches longer! grin

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Clementoons: 11:22am On Mar 21, 2021
Righteousness2:
Bro Burna what The LORD GOD is interested in is in the Salvation of your Soul ..
those celebrities out there knows the right way to GOD , but they reason among themselves that they would enjoy this life first before enjoying eternity, that is what the devil is using to trick them and deprieve them of GOD's plans for their life , there is no enjoyment in this life , all what the devil do is just to engrossed in painting the bad side in serving him into a good one. which he used to entice them. So we must make required efforts in interceeding for them.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by daania50080: 12:42pm On Mar 21, 2021
:He's a good artist no doubt but he is not mature. Are you matured?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Onyi22(f): 12:47pm On Mar 21, 2021
Including that frog voice, dead beat dad and some pain bittered people on Nairaland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Onyi22(f): 12:53pm On Mar 21, 2021
alexsoftwork:

Focus on your part bro.
This one is just a pain frustrated bitch

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Eauxclaires(f): 1:52pm On Mar 21, 2021
alexsoftwork:

Focus on your part bro.

At times I wonder about the guy...seems he sleeps online..you open a new thread you see him among the first 5 commenters..
Doesn't he go to Church, market, mall, visit friend and relatives? Abi he is those kind of people who you would go out with, you will talking they would be pressing phone, you guys would be crossing they will be pressing phone

28 Likes

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by ecolime(m): 5:06pm On Mar 21, 2021
Burna... My number 1 Naija artist anyday, anytime, twice on Sunday.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 21, 2021
Yea
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Dpriestoo(m): 5:06pm On Mar 21, 2021
Okay

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by foreshore(m): 5:07pm On Mar 21, 2021
ebukajay184:
"I'll never forget how so many of you prayed that I don't win" - Burnaboy

My kids will confidently beat their chest and say “Daddy did it on his OWN, We can do it on our own” - Burnaboy

Nigerian singer, Burnaboy who won his first Grammy on Sunday night, March 14, for the Best Global Music Album, revealed that he did it on his own, IgbereTV reports.

He said that his kids will beat their chest some day and say, 'Daddy did it on his own. He also said he'll never forget how people prayed for him not to win.

Read his tweets below.

https://twitter.com/burnaboy/status/1373339624618270721?s=20

https://twitter.com/burnaboy/status/1373340423272460290?s=20

https://twitter.com/burnaboy/status/1373344423208161283?s=20

This statement is the beginning of his fall. He didn't need to say the stupid things he said.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Patrioticman007(m): 5:07pm On Mar 21, 2021
Confirm we know them,
However those enemies that will kill him, are amongst his family & friends.

5 Likes

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Whitecoal711: 5:07pm On Mar 21, 2021
Pride
First blame was our leader ,now the mass
B boy we made you
Pride come with fall
You can't eat it finish if we cook give you
Show appreciation to the people

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Triangles1(m): 5:07pm On Mar 21, 2021
You don dey yan too much oh, behave like wiz kid and keep on doing the good work.

I believed there are things money can't buy but talent can buy vice versa, there's something talent can't buy but money can buy.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Angelfrost(m): 5:07pm On Mar 21, 2021
I sense we will never hear the last of this Grammy win... Guy, move on already!

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by sammyj: 5:07pm On Mar 21, 2021
cool cool What a childish comment coming from a child in a man's body. Imagine talking trash after all the support he got from a lot of Nigerians. I hope he will sell his subsequent album to aliens and the grammy award !!! shocked shocked shocked

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:07pm On Mar 21, 2021
From all of us @[/b] : [b]No one can receive anything unless God gives it from heaven.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by jimmychang: 5:08pm On Mar 21, 2021
Beckysexy:

I nor understand... person happy say e win something dem say e no dey mature ...if this is immaturity lemme have it grin grin

7 Likes

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by RichDad1(m): 5:08pm On Mar 21, 2021
Regardless, be humble.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Soljaboi44(m): 5:08pm On Mar 21, 2021
Overreacting grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by BREYZ: 5:08pm On Mar 21, 2021
Oluwa burns go dey charge 100 million per show now grin wink cheesy cheesy d guy don level up.

5 Likes

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by OBALOLA55(m): 5:08pm On Mar 21, 2021
angry

WHEN THIS BOY GO GET SENSE undecided

18 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Frank Edoho's Wife, Sandra's Baby Shower (Pictures) / Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More / Waje Steps Out In Bikini

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.