Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,372 members, 7,829,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own (36529 Views)

Burnaboy says 'JayZ No Do Pass Like This' at Starboyfest (video) / #bbnaija: Mr P. Promises Tacha N60 Million Naira If She Don't Win - Jomotv / Seun Kuti And His Partner, Yeide At The Grammy's Last Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by DrayZee: 6:34pm On Mar 21, 2021
GodIsBiafran:

I see your point. My issue is his arrogance outweighs his talent. If guys like 2baba, 9ice, KizzDaniel, Tekno, FlavorNabania etc. can be humble who da Bleep is burna? I have listened to all his songs - and he does not have more than 6 songs in his whole life that you can even consider 'good.' And please don't compare him to Chike, Asa or Brymo. Please that is an insult to REAL talent. Burna no reach that level at all at all.

The difference between him and wizkid is that wizkid actually knows how to deliver songs that Nigerians like. Burna does not. That is the fact.
Lol...you’re speaking from a point of anger, but that’s okay. Talking of the songs in his whole life, as if you’ve listened to them cheesy

I know Nigerians who hate Burna Boy far more than you do. Even they agree that his music is top notch. His talent is so massive that it outweighs his already massive ”arrogance”.
Despite how terrible you think his music is, his fan base keeps growing both home and away despite the “arrogance” that chokes Nigerians so much.
Like I said, Burna Boy will be fine....he will be very very fine.
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Ojemedad: 6:36pm On Mar 21, 2021
OBALOLA55:
angry

WHEN THIS BOY GO GET SENSE undecided

Abeg you wen get sense you don fit even win? bet9ja ticket
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by jaxxy(m): 6:37pm On Mar 21, 2021
Burna just dey yarn trash everywhere. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by MrIcredible: 6:37pm On Mar 21, 2021
WILLuKPquiet:

The only God that is not man is Jehovah. And if He is the one you are referring to, all Righteousness has type is in line with His instructions.

Which god is yours Ogun or Sango?
Keep fooling yourself in your senseless delusions.
The delusions the slave masters sold to your forefathers during their invasions and slave trade.
Which god/God are you talking about?
The innocent man blood sucker?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Friends22: 6:41pm On Mar 21, 2021
We all pray to win some day

Www.e-booking.ng
Let take off the stress from you book hotel with us @ the comfort of your home

Also register your hotel with us for free

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by walkingshadow911: 6:41pm On Mar 21, 2021
Emilokoiyawon:
E don start...cho cho cho...nobody wins grammy on their own...how is that even possible?

And if its talent dis guy no even reach KizzDaniel, Tekno or Flavor Nbania. So keep quite mumu.

lol! that kiz Daniel na raw talent o. but burna boy should thread with caution less he fall.
Even Nora Jones that won 8 Grammies on a night with one album did not make noise. congrate to him sha cos he deserve it

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by DrayZee: 6:44pm On Mar 21, 2021
GodIsBiafran:

I see your point. My issue is his arrogance outweighs his talent. If guys like 2baba, 9ice, KizzDaniel, Tekno, FlavorNabania etc. can be humble who da Bleep is burna? I have listened to all his songs - and he does not have more than 6 songs in his whole life that you can even consider 'good.' And please don't compare him to Chike, Asa or Brymo. Please that is an insult to REAL talent. Burna no reach that level at all at all.

The difference between him and wizkid is that wizkid actually knows how to deliver songs that Nigerians like. Burna does not. That is the fact.
Lol...you’re speaking from a point of anger, but that’s okay. Talking of the songs in his whole life, as if you’ve listened to them cheesy

I know Nigerians who hate Burna Boy far more than you do. Even they agree that his music is top notch. His talent is so massive that it outweighs his already massive ”arrogance”.
Despite how terrible you think his music is, his fan base keeps growing both home and away regardless of the “arrogance” that chokes Nigerians so much.
Like I said, Burna Boy will be fine....he will be very very fine. Listen to Tekno the talent in peace.
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by GodIsBiafran: 6:49pm On Mar 21, 2021
DrayZee:
Lol...you’re speaking from a point of anger, but that’s okay.
I know Nigerians who hate Burna Boy far more than you do. Even they agree that his music is top notch. His talent is so massive that it outweighs his already massive ”arrogance”. “Not more than 6 songs in his life” are “good”, but his fan base keeps growing both home and away despite the “arrogance” that chokes Nigerians so much.Like I said, Burna Boy will be fine....he will be very very fine.

Guy calm down. I am not a Burna hater but a truth teller. Only two kinds of people I despise in this life - liars and fake people. Please do not lie and do not be fake when you are having a discussion with me. Please tell us what is burna singing that we have not heard before? All his 'best' songs are Fela's songs 'repackaged.' Am I lying? People who say burna is talented are not wrong. But talented with respect to who? Fela? 2baba? Kizzdaniel? Tekno? burna no fit compete talent-wise with any of these guys. And you will never hear any of these guys make any noise on social media. My point is the guy makes too much noise for his level of talent. Flavor, who gets no recognition from music media, is far more talented than burna boy. Have you ever seen Flavor on social media gossiping like a wayward woman the way this idiot burna does? Be honest and stop pretending like you don't know what I am talking about.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by luminouz(m): 6:50pm On Mar 21, 2021
foreshore:

This statement is the beginning of his fall. He didn't need to say the stupid things he said.

Nice one prophet!!! undecided undecided
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 21, 2021
We no go rest grin grin he tried fela got a Grammy too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by EBEk101(m): 6:57pm On Mar 21, 2021
this is one of the reasons ai will choose wizkid over him any day any time the guy too dey behave like amateur

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Raph82(m): 6:57pm On Mar 21, 2021
DrayZee:

You dey mind Nigerians and their stupid love for false humility?
They want him to act as if he didn't write the songs on his own...
when he was still underrated and said he'd win the Grammy, it was just insults that Nigerians had for him...
when African Giant lost at the Grammy's, His fellow Nigerians were celebrating...why?...because he's going to be proud.
It has now become a taboo for one to be proud of his own work?
Now he's finally won and these idiot.s want to tell him how to celebrate his own win.

He said he did it on his own and that is exactly what happened. To helll with all you haters. You can all choke on your worthless opinions.
Sorry o, why u com carry another man matter for head like dis? Abeg focus on ur own strength & potentials, forget about person wey no even know say u dey exist.

1 Like

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by abbey621(m): 6:57pm On Mar 21, 2021
Angelfrost:

When you are ready to intelligently and civilly learn about the reality of life, quote me... Till then, continue acting like a petulant child like your idol above. Bye! tongue

You honestly believe I'll take life advice from someone that use the tongue out emoji, nothing wey person no fit see for Nairaland o, it is well!
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by CsRockefeller(m): 6:58pm On Mar 21, 2021
Eauxclaires:

At times I wonder about the guy...seems he sleeps online..you open a new thread you see him among the first 5 commenters..
Doesn't he go to Church, market, mall, visit friend and relatives? Abi he is those kind of people who you would go out with, you will talking they would be pressing phone, you guys would be crossing they will be pressing phone

grin
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Tremple8v: 7:03pm On Mar 21, 2021
Na wetin dey vex me for this 9ja boys at times be this , You don win , congratulations. Na which kind mumu talk be this. Everything na on your own,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Chudyfuto(m): 7:03pm On Mar 21, 2021
Even if you are saying the fact bro, somethings are better left unsaid.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Angelfrost(m): 7:04pm On Mar 21, 2021
abbey621:

You honestly believe I'll take life advice from someone that use the tongue out emoji, nothing wey person no fit see for Nairaland o, it is well!

Whatever rocks your boat sir... Stay blessed!

1 Like

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by richie240: 7:05pm On Mar 21, 2021
DrayZee:

A Nigerian finally won the Grammy’s for an indigenous body of work and what his country men have to say about it is that “we won’t hear word now”...you don’t expect him to spark?
Or he should act like you guys don’t actually hate him?
do small 'gugu' search abeg.
over 5 Nigerians don winnam b4.
cool
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Minjim: 7:06pm On Mar 21, 2021
kendrick93:
TBH burna boy did it on his own,
It was his hard work, persistent and talent that got him to be nominated and even when he lost out, he came back even stronger the following year despite nay-sayers predicted he won't be near a nomination list after his loss to Angelique kidjo.
With All that said, despite his Grammy win,. Tuface Idibia still remains my undisputed GOAT in the afrobeats/pop genre..
Special mentions to psquare, Wizkid, & D'banj..

Nobody does it on their own. It's always a team work.
Ask Cr7 and Messi

1 Like

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Essien45: 7:07pm On Mar 21, 2021
alexsoftwork:

Shut up. It is not all topics u jump into, some are not of ur business, u always on point on some topics, while some, u sounded religiously ridiculous.

Focus on your part bro.

So na you be monitoring spirit wey dey monitor him comment?
Then you're a busybody.
I think the advice you gave is for you not him because the last time I checked he/she is entitled to his/her opinion.
Pepper body monitoring other people's opinion.
Damn!

2 Likes

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by CsRockefeller(m): 7:07pm On Mar 21, 2021
GodIsBiafran:

The guy is a fool. He is not even that popular in Nigeria. Instead of him to use the grammy win to build his Nigerian fan base he is running his mouth like faulty faucet. When guys like 2baba, 9ice, Flavor etc. can anchor concerts in retirement this guy will be lucky to fill a primary school assembly. He needs to get to work. His latest songs are not palatable to Nigerians, that's a fact.

The thing that pain me most is that more talented and humble guys like 2baba, 9ice and Flavor did not win grammy but this half-baked performer who is extremely noisy/arrogant wins it. Life no get balance.
Time and chance Bro wink

1 Like

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by DrayZee: 7:08pm On Mar 21, 2021
GodIsBiafran:

Guy calm down. I am not a Burna hater but a truth teller. Only two kinds of people I despise in this life - liars and fake people. Please do not lie and do not be fake when you are having a discussion with me. Please tell us what is burna singing that we have not heard before? All his 'best' songs are Fela's songs 'repackaged.' Am I lying? People who say burna is talented are not wrong. But talented with respect to who? Fela? 2baba? Kizzdaniel? Tekno? burna no fit compete talent-wise with any of these guys. And you will never hear any of these guys make any noise on social media. My point is the guy makes too much noise for his level of talent. Flavor, who gets no recognition from music media, is far more talented than burna boy. Have you ever seen Flavor on social media gossiping like a wayward woman the way this idiot burna does? Be honest and stop pretending like you don't know what I am talking about.
Outside, Bank on It, On the Low, Onyeka, Wonderful, Remember Me, Dangote, Real Life, 23, Heaven’s Gate, Monsters You Made, Where I’m from, Time Flies.
Which of these sound like anything you’ve heard before?
Which one of these sound anything like Fela? In fact, you should start listing all his songs that sound like Fela songs, because this cap is too much.
If you know you don’t listen to his music, just say that, instead of coming here to say he sounds like other people. You can’t be someone who listens to Burna Boy and say that...never.

Just listing these songs made me realize how talented Burna Boy is. I don’t need to say anything more at this point. Go on thinking anything you want to think.

3 Likes

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by DrayZee: 7:09pm On Mar 21, 2021
richie240:

do small 'gugu' search abeg.
over 5 Nigerians don winnam b4.
cool
I wrote a whole sentence, you highlighted the first 6 words. Are you not confused?
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by DrayZee: 7:09pm On Mar 21, 2021
Raph82:
Sorry o, why u com carry another man matter for head like dis? Abeg focus on ur own strength & potentials, forget about person wey no even know say u dey exist.
You see people hating on another man’s success but I’m the one you can come and say this to.
You’re funny.
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 21, 2021
Zzor:
Somehow I like some strange things about him,I hate people who follow the crowd or act in a way to be accepted by everyone, he's a real man and doing his thing alone,such men go far in life.I also like how he loves his family and carrying them along

If he dare leaves his mum behind, he will fade away
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Kingrefreshed: 7:15pm On Mar 21, 2021
ebukajay184:
"I'll never forget how so many of you prayed that I don't win" - Burnaboy

My kids will confidently beat their chest and say “Daddy did it on his OWN, We can do it on our own” - Burnaboy

Nigerian singer, Burnaboy who won his first Grammy on Sunday night, March 14, for the Best Global Music Album, revealed that he did it on his own, IgbereTV reports.

He said that his kids will beat their chest some day and say, 'Daddy did it on his own. He also said he'll never forget how people prayed for him not to win.

Read his tweets below.

https://twitter.com/burnaboy/status/1373339624618270721?s=20

https://twitter.com/burnaboy/status/1373340423272460290?s=20

https://twitter.com/burnaboy/status/1373344423208161283?s=20

All the superstar's who rised and then failed later once made this type of statement Burna boy just made.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Raph82(m): 7:17pm On Mar 21, 2021
DrayZee:

Some people displaying witchcraft and hating on another man’s success but I’m the one you can come and say this to.
You’re funny.
Abeg no vex o bro. Na ur comment catch my attention, I see say na with passion u take comment am. No vex.
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Minjim: 7:18pm On Mar 21, 2021
GodIsBiafran:

Guy calm down. I am not a Burna hater but a truth teller. Only two kinds of people I despise in this life - liars and fake people. Please do not lie and do not be fake when you are having a discussion with me. Please tell us what is burna singing that we have not heard before? All his 'best' songs are Fela's songs 'repackaged.' Am I lying? People who say burna is talented are not wrong. But talented with respect to who? Fela? 2baba? Kizzdaniel? Tekno? burna no fit to compete talent-wise with any of these guys. And you will never hear any of these guys make any noise on social media. My point is the guy makes too much noise for his level of talent. Flavour, who gets no recognition from music media, is far more talented than Burna boy. Have you ever seen Flavor on social media gossiping like a wayward woman the way this idiot Burna does? Be honest and stop pretending like you don't know what I am talking about.
Nobody does it alone , Grammy or not.
Burna should be magnanimous in victory.

Winning a Grammy is politics in the US.
Because, there are too many great music competing. So it all comes down to the politics

First, you have to be with the right record label. Burna boy is signed to Atlantic Records.
And it gets easier when you're not in a competitive category.

Ever wonder why
2pac
Bryan Mcknight
Nas* ( Nas just won, imagine that?)
Katie Perry
Bob Marley
Fela
Nicki Minaj
Snoop
ABBA..
didn't win?

Does that mean those winning are better than these guys?
Even Burna boy in all his arrogance can't claim to be better than any of the above

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by ALISMILE(m): 7:19pm On Mar 21, 2021
Beckysexy:
He's a good artist no doubt but he is not mature.
You are putting it mildly, dude is a foool

He's supposed to be thanking his fans and all
He's supposed to be expressing humility rather than pride

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by GodIsBiafran: 7:21pm On Mar 21, 2021
DrayZee:
Outside, Bank on It, On the Low, Onyeka, Wonderful, Remember Me, Dangote, Real Life, 23, Heaven’s Gate, Monsters You Made, Where I’m from, Time Flies.Which of these sound like anything you’ve heard before?Which one of these sound anything like Fela? In fact, you should start listing all his songs that sound like Fela songs, because this cap is too much.Just listing these songs made me realize how talented Burna Boy is. I don’t need to say anything more at this point.If you know you don’t listen to his music, just say that, instead of coming here to say he sounds like other people. You can’t be someone who listens to Burna Boy and say that...never.

You are very dishonest. Stop foolin yourself here:

Outside, Bank on it are useless. Onyeka (even though is named after my sister) is trash. Wonderful and Remember Me is average. Dangote is good. Real Life sounds like UK hiphop. 23 another waste of time. Heaven's Gate also sounds like UK music. Monsters You made is a dark and useless song that sounds like American black panther hiphop. Where I'm from and Time Flies...crap and crap.

Only Dangote has any originality here. Timi Dakolo sings better songs that all the other rubbish you post here. You keep trying to push this fake narrative. Again, what is burna singing that we have not heard before? You burna boy d1ck riders need to be honest and stop exagerrating his abilities. It is embarrassing.
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 21, 2021
MrIcredible:

Keep fooling yourself in your senseless delusions.
The delusions the slave masters sold to your forefathers during their invasions and slave trade.
Which god/God are you talking about?
The innocent man blood sucker?

Now I know where you are coming from.

Get well soon bro
grin

2 Likes

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by richie240: 7:21pm On Mar 21, 2021
DrayZee:

I wrote a whole sentence, you highlighted the first 6 words. Are you not confused?
.....and were u quoted our of context?
My pipo tork sey "Door no dey respect size of d parzin wey wan open nam; na d parzin wey get key e dey open 4".
You may have written a whole thesis, e nor Mata, na d fact(s)/lies wey dey there consyn us.

now go back and do d assignment I gave u.
Good boy!
cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Funke Akindele Changes Name To Funke Bello On Social Media [PICS] / G-Worldwide And Kizz Daniel: Olisa Agbakoba Issues Notice To The Public / Seyi Awolowo Celebrates Adeshola Adeyemo, His Girlfriend On Her Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.