Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call (28874 Views)

NDLEA: How Fake $20m Was Found In An Abuja-bound Bus From Lagos / Thief Caught 8 Months After He Stole Phone & Withdrew N500K From Victim Account / Man Withdrew ₦750k From Victim's Account After Shooting His Eye In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by Nodogragra4me(m): 9:59pm On Mar 21, 2021
thatigboman:
but the person the money sent to is probably innocent. The fraudsters just his account.

Okay... Bye
Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by tellwisdom: 10:03pm On Mar 21, 2021
Olisehinnocent:
My own is that my secondary school classmate called me and told me that he's working in Steling bank that they were told to open bank account to people. That they were given target which he don't want to lose. That I should send my details. The details include my bvn, passport, phone number, next if kin, my full name etc. Omo I block his number o

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by dyze(m): 10:08pm On Mar 21, 2021
Duplexxx:
They defraud your papa make he go report Nigeria police na wetin e dey wait for

They called him and he can't go to his bank to rectified the problem

Your papa na really mugu

Normally, e no fit better for your papa

1 Like

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by Asquare84(m): 10:10pm On Mar 21, 2021
I know alot of guys have been scammed on nairaland here and don't even have idea on how to recover there had earned money, let me share my story how I was able to recover my money from a scammer I melt in nairaland here, last year December I contacted this guy to render a services for me, he promised me all heaven that in the next two weeks all the the deal will be concluded, on the 23 Dec, 2019, I sent him 230,000, after two weeks this guy started posting me until I couldn't take it anymore again and I requested him to refund my money, dude start playing games with me meanwhile this guy is based in portharcut and I am in Abuja.

How did I recover my money :- last month I went to the police station in Abuja and made a report, the ipo reguested I print my statement of account and a sum of five thousand for a court order, I gave her my statement and the 5k.(his account placed on no debit), To my greatest surprised after a week a got a call from the police that I should come to the police station that the scammer have been apprehended in portharcut.immediately the fugitive scammer called and started pleading that he is ready to refund my money, he was arrested by the bank staff and handed over to police station. To cut the story short after the guy spent four days in police station in portharcut my money was paid into my account in Abuja, as I am typing this his account is still on debit and he is pleading with me to meet with the bank staff and police to lift the restrictions.

How i appreciate the police:- at last I spent about 32000 thousand to recover 230,000 that not bad idea considering the fact that the guy have absconded with my money and no trace of him for the past one year.

Lesson learnt:- Nigeria police is largely unfunded and their condition of service is very poor, I just noticed this guy's are doing their best in the middle of lack of fund.

So guys if you have been scammed on nairaland here, report to the police, get your statement of account and a police report, I believe Nigeria police will do justice.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) 3 Likes (Share)

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by einsteine(m): 10:24pm On Mar 21, 2021
Numerouno94:
angry It won't b difficult tracing them nd apprehending the fraudsters buh banks seems to b protecting them. Reporting to ur bank to find out the recipient/ the account the cash was transferred to buh ur bank will frustrate u. Its like the banks shield those criminals.

They don't frustrate you, they only ask you to follow the legal process. It is against the regulation to reveal customer information or block customers funds without any valid reason. Some people have reported business deals as fraud or buy something from somebody and then claim they were defrauded.
Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by elisho: 10:38pm On Mar 21, 2021
is ur father a baby bank can never ask from ur account details reader they will as you to visit any branch close to you,
Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by Numerouno94(m): 10:46pm On Mar 21, 2021
einsteine:

They don't frustrate you, they only ask you to follow the legal process. It is against the regulation to reveal customer information or block customers funds without any valid reason. Some people have reported business deals as fraud or buy something from somebody and then claim they were defrauded.

Some of them won't tell nor brief u wat to do nor the steps to take. Rather they will acuse u of being careless with ur atm nd its details; nd finally tell u notin can b done.

Sometimes last year b4 the outbreak of covid19, i woke up one morning nd found out that 235k was transferred from my account, i tank God that they dint withdraw more than that cos i had abt 4 million plus in the account cos i wanted to get a new car then. The funny tin was dat it was my salary account. I dnt hv atm for my salary account cos i dnt joke wit it, i only transfer some amount to my oda account if i need cash nd withdraw it via atm.

I visited the bank that morning nd i was accused of negligence, that i must have given someone my atm nd the pin. I agued wit them that i had no atm nd i hv neva done any online transaction wit the account. They acted nonchalantly 2wads my case.
A lawyer frnd asked me to involve cbn nd oda bodies. It was a long story buh i had the last laugh. Nd the shocking tin was that it was my account officer that withdrew my money.

The summary of my story is that banks don't help matters. Even if u can't help me investigate how the money went missing cos its beyond u, u culd atleast explain to me the steps to take. Simple.

If u re a fan of brekete tv by ordinary President u will b surprised wit the way our banks behave, some of their staff re behind those theft.

The Op's case is different cos his Dad actually sent his account details to some fraudsters, buh his bank culd hv briefed him on the steps to take in order to nab the criminals buh they will only accuse him nd ignore him afterwards.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by elisho: 10:48pm On Mar 21, 2021
Asquare84:
I know alot of guys have been scammed on nairaland here and don't even have idea on how to recover there had earned money, let me share my story how I was able to recover my money from a scammer I melt in nairaland here, last year December I contacted this guy to render a services for me, he promised me all heaven that in the next two weeks all the the deal will be concluded, on the 23 Dec, 2019, I sent him 230,000, after two weeks this guy started posting me until I couldn't take it anymore again and I requested him to refund my money, dude start playing games with me meanwhile this guy is based in portharcut and I am in Abuja.

How did I recover my money :- last month I went to the police station in Abuja and made a report, the ipo reguested I print my statement of account and a sum of five thousand for a court order, I gave her my statement and the 5k.(his account placed on no debit), To my greatest surprised after a week a got a call from the police that I should come to the police station that the scammer have been apprehended in portharcut.immediately the fugitive scammer called and started pleading that he is ready to refund my money, he was arrested by the bank staff and handed over to police station. To cut the story short after the guy spent four days in police station in portharcut my money was paid into my account in Abuja, as I am typing this his account is still on debit and he is pleading with me to meet with the bank staff and police to lift the restrictions.

How i appreciate the police:- at last I spent about 32000 thousand to recover 230,000 that not bad idea considering the fact that the guy have absconded with my money and no trace of him for the past one year.

Lesson learnt:- Nigeria police is largely unfunded and their condition of service is very poor, I just noticed this guy's are doing their best in the middle of lack of fund.

So guys if you have been scammed on nairaland here, report to the police, get your statement of account and a police report, I believe Nigeria police will do justice.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) 3 Likes (Share)
the thing is that his account was place on mill which is arrest on sitting the person the accounts was block that's why u need that court and police report
Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by jimcaddy(m): 10:53pm On Mar 21, 2021
And bank officials with hide under mumu protocols to frustrate your effort in recovering your money back. They will ask u to go bring affidavit and all that nonsense. Something you are supposed to contact the receiving bank immediate to freeze the account.
Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by Draslo(m): 10:54pm On Mar 21, 2021
saphiere:
Sorry. God is in control.
Funny how breasts are non existent in this photo
Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by Numerouno94(m): 10:55pm On Mar 21, 2021
einsteine:

My major concern is that most of these banks won't brief u on the legal process to follow. I hv seen numerous cases where people whose money suddenly grew wings nd flew from their account ends up reporting to segalink nd brekete tv by ordinary President. Is it not the function of the bank to brief u on the procedure to follow like asking u to write to CBN et al?

1 Like

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by omoobagoddest(m): 11:03pm On Mar 21, 2021
Numerouno94:
angry It won't b difficult tracing them nd apprehending the fraudsters buh banks seems to b protecting them. Reporting to ur bank to find out the recipient/ the account the cash was transferred to buh ur bank will frustrate u. Its like the banks shield those criminals.

seriously, why is the bank like that are they shielding those criminal
Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by solabalo123(m): 11:13pm On Mar 21, 2021
You will get your money back, just call customer care and explain to them, even if dey don withdraw the money, bank go debit them back -500,000 from the account
Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by Numerouno94(m): 11:25pm On Mar 21, 2021
omoobagoddest:
seriously, why is the bank like that are they shielding those criminal

They will accuse u of negligence; that u must have given ur card details to fraudsters nd at the end they won't guide nor brief u on the steps to take. It can b very frustrating.

Something similar happened to me early last year. 235k was withdrawn from my account. After alot of back nd forth wit the bank who accused of me of givin my atm details to a 3rd party notin tangible came out.An account i dnt hv atm for cos its my salary account nd i hv alota money deposited, thus, i dnt play wit it. I had to involve a lawyer frnd nd we involved the police nd wrote to cbn. At the end my account officer was the culprit, he stole my money, buh i got it back.

Neva trust bankers...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by mechanics(m): 11:32pm On Mar 21, 2021
He shouldn't have done that na, they are scammers o.
Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by CaptainAyub: 11:33pm On Mar 21, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Ogbeni op is a not a real niggarr ...
Allowing your daddy to be scammed....
Our duty as real niggarrrs...is to always enlighten and inform our loved ones that the hood is no longer funny...
Who loose guard. Them go maga am
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by Numerouno94(m): 11:43pm On Mar 21, 2021
Duplexxx:

Your papa na really mugu

Bros take it easy pls. Its someone's father u insulting.

2 Likes

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by lokito: 11:59pm On Mar 21, 2021
Dexpro:
Yes. It can be recovered. And don't be bothered about the comments above saying it will cost you more.

Firstly, get the account number the funds were transferred to.

Go to any magistrate court, make sure you see the registrar. Give him/her the full story. TELL THEM YOU WANT A COURT ORDER. You will pay for this court order. 10% of the money to be recovered.

You probably will get the court order tomorrow. When you have it with you, do a photocopy and serve the original to the bank your dad's monies were transferred. I'm pretty sure the branch manager will PND the account.

Now, go to any police station, meet with the DPO. Just tell the constables at the counter you have a document for the DPO.

At the DPOs, explain the entire situation and tell him you want A POLICE REPORT. You will most likely be connected to the state CID department. Meanwhile, details of the fraudulent transfer would have been collected from you. Rapport with the CID personnel. When you have Police Report, photocopy and serve the bank the original.

You and your dad should visit his bank and put things back in order coz the account is already compromised. When.you get to the bank, they'll put you through.

The account that hosted your dad's money will be blocked and put on lien. Any amount that comes in will be held and can not be withdrawn.

The account owner, will be picked up. He'll lead the police to the person that made the transfer.

All of these can happen, this week.

OK account they Transfer the money to can't be theirs o. They go to shoprite for instance, pick laptop 500k and transfer to Shoprite account. Then go to computer village, resell the laptop for 400k.
Will you go and arrest Shoprite?
Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by Gjackzy(m): 12:08am On Mar 22, 2021
Most scammers are very intelligent. Imagine the scammer transferred the money to a POS and withdrew it, how is it possible to trace such scammer?
Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by Kewellbanks: 12:17am On Mar 22, 2021
Exponental:
Is your dad a learner
I wish he can trace it to the last even if it will cost him more.
Someone's father? I don't know why some of you will unleash lacking home training. You will get there someday or maybe not. Only then we Sha see who's a learner.... Ode omo

2 Likes

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by calcal: 12:17am On Mar 22, 2021
you just need to call the bank and tell them you did not authorize the withdrawal. The bank will refund your money. other stuff is the bank business.

Aflix:
Can Money Sent To Fraudsters Be Gotten Back?

My dad called me recently to tell me about how he was defrauded. He told me that a guy called him and told him that he is a customer care personnel from the bank he uses and that his account has some issues, so he was asked to send his details which he did.

After sending it, they started transferring the money in the account to another account and he had to rush to a POS stand to transfer the rest to his other account. They had transferred close to #500,000 before he was able to do this.

So, I'm here to ask if anybody has experienced this and has been able to retrieve his/her money.

Please any reasonable advice is welcomed and please no insults.
Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by Dexpro: 12:32am On Mar 22, 2021
lokito:

OK account they Transfer the money to can't be theirs o. They go to shoprite for instance, pick laptop 500k and transfer to Shoprite account. Then go to computer village, resell the laptop for 400k.
Will you go and arrest Shoprite?

Bro, I have dealt with a case that is more complex and complicated than this.

Only thing is it may take some time, but leave it to me, I'll burst it.

I have one of such issue on my table as we speak grin
Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by Reussite: 1:06am On Mar 22, 2021
Dexpro:
Yes. It can be recovered. And don't be bothered about the comments above saying it will cost you more.

Go to any magistrate court, make sure you see the registrar. Give him/her the full story. TELL THEM YOU WANT A COURT ORDER. You will pay for this court order. 10% of the money to be recovered.

You probably will get the court order tomorrow. When you have it with you, do a photocopy and serve the original to the bank your dad's monies were transferred. I'm pretty sure the branch manager will PND the account.

Now, go to any police station, meet with the DPO. Just tell the constables at the counter you have a document for the DPO.

At the DPOs, explain the entire situation and tell him you want A POLICE REPORT. You will most likely be connected to the state CID department. Meanwhile, details of the fraudulent transfer would have been collected from you. Rapport with the CID personnel. When you have Police Report, photocopy and serve the bank the original.

You and your dad should visit his bank and put things back in order coz the account is already compromised. When.you get to the bank, they'll put you through.

The account that hosted your dad's money will be blocked and put on lien. Any amount that comes in will be held and can not be withdrawn.

The account owner, will be picked up. He'll lead the police to the person that made the transfer.

Interesting
Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by Tedpgrass: 1:09am On Mar 22, 2021
Dexpro:

Thank you sir!

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by Jaylord12(m): 1:28am On Mar 22, 2021
[quote author=Aflix post=100077397]Can Money Sent To Fraudsters Be Gotten Back?

My dad called me recently to tell me about how he was defrauded. He told me that a guy called him and told him that he is a customer care personnel from the bank he uses and that his account has some issues, so he was asked to send his details which he did.

After sending it, they started transferring the money in the account to another account and he had to rush to a POS stand to transfer the rest to his other account. They had transferred close to #500,000 before he was able to do this.

So, I'm here to ask if anybody has experienced this and has been able to retrieve his/her money.

Report the case to EFCC ur money will be retrieve....you will spend nothing to get ur cash
Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by Avast(m): 2:10am On Mar 22, 2021
Aflix:
Can Money Sent To Fraudsters Be Gotten Back?

My daddy calls me every time he receives strange or anonymous call.

2 Likes

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by hakeem4(m): 2:35am On Mar 22, 2021
thatigboman:
if the money is still in the account abi
even if the con artist has spent the money. The authorities would make him cough out and for him to cool off in prison
Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by Babara1994(m): 3:09am On Mar 22, 2021
saphiere:
Sorry. God is in control.
The future is female lol You need beta dck
Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by alomeda600(m): 4:39am On Mar 22, 2021
ikllbrokehoes:
Wait.. so people still fall for these scam tactics? damn!
May we not be a victim. It happened to my mom and even a highly educated colleague. Some school of thought believe that they use voodoo to hypnotize the victims.
Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by alomeda600(m): 4:53am On Mar 22, 2021
Tbh, that is what a typical yahoo boy does to their victims too. They dupe them of their life savings under pretense, yet you see nothing wrong in internet fraud. It hits better when one is the victim. The old man might develop some health issues as a result of this money. No matter the way you look at it * fraud is Fraud. Some people would blame the government for engaging in fraud.. Gibberish! How about people that they are not even ready to do legitimate work in this generation?
When a yahoo boy dupes another yahoo boy, you see them threatening themselves with death...same way their victims will want them dead... No one can be exempted from being defrauded especially if voodoo is involved.
Vigilance! Vigilance!! Vigilance!!!

1 Like

Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by alomeda600(m): 5:01am On Mar 22, 2021
Duplexxx:

Your papa na really mugu
A fraudster spotted!
Re: How Fake 'Customer Care' Withdrew ₦500k From My Dad's Account After A Phone Call by frog12: 5:49am On Mar 22, 2021
they most likely used cloned ATM debit card to withdraw the money. no trace. these people work with Bank staffs.
they do it all the time. Customer care will not contact you unless you call them.

Dexpro:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Policemen Caught Taking Bribe, Giving ‘Special Number’ To Motorists In Ogun / Armed Robber Nabbed After Being Shot By Police During Operation In Bayelsa. PICS / Man Kills His Colleague Over Girlfriend In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.