Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Man Kills His Colleague Over Girlfriend In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Kills His Colleague Over Girlfriend In Lagos (28876 Views)

2 Schools Fight With Cutlasses In Ibadan Over Girlfriend - Pictures / Butcher Killed By His Colleague In Enugu While Trying To Separate Fight (Graphic / Policeman At Zenith Bank Zaria Shoots His Colleague & 2 Civilians (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Kills His Colleague Over Girlfriend In Lagos by Blackberrybabes: 6:01am On Feb 25, 2016
A 25-year-old casual worker, Raphael Nwoye, on Tuesday allegedly went on the rampage in the Ajao Estate area of Lagos State, stabbing a 33-year-old colleague, Ifeanyi Onuoha, to death for insulting his lover, and injuring two others who tried to make peace.

PUNCH Metro learnt that 33-year-old Onuoha was stabbed in the neck and in the back at about 8am on Niyi Ogunbameru Street after the suspect claimed that Onuoha had been rude to his lover, identified only as Ngozi, on several occasions.

Our correspondent gathered that Nwoye, who was one of the casual workers who usually offloaded containers, had had an altercation with Onuoha a few weeks back over Ngozi and had warned the deceased to desist from insulting his lover.

It was learnt that on Tuesday, when Onuoha, also a casual worker, came into the area to see whether there were containers to offload, there was a fresh argument over Ngozi.

It was said that Nwoye, who had a knife in a bag he carried, rushed at Onuoha and stabbed him in the neck and in the back.

The deceased reportedly moved away while two bystanders, one of them identified only as Kenneth, tried to hold the suspect to prevent further attack.

An angry Nwoye was said to have allegedly stabbed the two peacemakers, prompting a resident to quickly alert the Ajao Estate Police Division to the bloody fight on the street.

Onuoha, Kenneth and the third victim, whose name had yet to be ascertained, were said to have rushed to the Isolo General Hospital. While Onuoha died before reaching the hospital, the two others were said to be receiving treatment.

The suspect was thereafter arrested by the police.

When PUNCH Metro got to the area on Wednesday, most residents were not willing to talk about the incident.

A security man, Chukwu Ebuka, however, told our correspondent that Onuoha and Nwoye were friends and labourers in the area, until they became rivals over a girl.

Ebuka added that there was a third friend, Tony, who had tried to help the duo settle their differences.

He said, “The girl in question is afraid. She has left this area since yesterday. Apart from Ifeanyi (Onuoha) and Raphael (Nwoye), there is a third labourer – Tony. Sometime in January, Nwoye had raised the issue that Ifeanyi was misbehaving with his girlfriend because he insulted her, but they settled the quarrel.

“Yesterday, Tony had called Ifeanyi to come to the area as there were containers to be offloaded. When Ifeanyi arrived, there was a fresh argument over the girlfriend, and Raphael became angry and brought out a knife.

“After killing his friend, Raphael was about escaping when people stopped him that he must not escape. During that process, Raphael stabbed two more persons. They were also bleeding but fortunately, we rushed them to a hospital, and they are still alive.

“We do not know Raphael’s family. He is one of those men who do menial jobs on the street. He had been moving about with the knife in his bag for days before the incident.”

A factory worker, who declined to give her name, said she saw Onuoha writhing in pains as she came to work on Tuesday.

She said, “I heard the man shouting, ‘He has killed me o, help help’ as I was coming to work. Blood was all over the place. Both of them do not stay on this street. They only come to work if there are containers they can offload.

“People were shocked that the fight over a girl degenerated into killing.”

The Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, said the case would be transferred to the State Department of Criminal Investigation for further investigation.

She said, “Nwoye was arrested for allegedly stabbing Onuoha to death. The deceased is of a yet-to-be-known address. He was stabbed in the neck and in the back, and he died on the spot.

“His corpse was deposited at the Isolo General Hospital Morgue for a post mortem examination, while the suspect had been arrested. He will be transferred to the SDCI for further investigation.”

http://www.punchng.com/worker-kills-colleague-stabs-two-others-over-girlfriend/
Re: Man Kills His Colleague Over Girlfriend In Lagos by benedictnsi(m): 6:04am On Feb 25, 2016

Me? Fight because of "girlfriend".... Tufiakwa (girls never do you somtin)

some men are just animals..... So, because of girl weh you never even marry or pay her dowry, you the murder your fellow man

Girl weh go soon introduce you to another guy as a" brother "....... This man should be hanged or beaded

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Kills His Colleague Over Girlfriend In Lagos by pyyxxaro: 6:10am On Feb 25, 2016
Sai Bull-hari

2 Likes

Re: Man Kills His Colleague Over Girlfriend In Lagos by bewla(m): 6:23am On Feb 25, 2016
some mofos up there need to visit aro time to time

5 Likes

Re: Man Kills His Colleague Over Girlfriend In Lagos by Flexherbal(m): 6:30am On Feb 25, 2016
You killed someone for insulting your Girlfriend, not even your wife. You will pay the prize. Before you come back from prison. That girl would been married to someone else.

39 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Kills His Colleague Over Girlfriend In Lagos by HopeAtHand: 9:35am On Feb 25, 2016
SMH..small minds.

You commit murder, the law sentences you, and she becomes aavilable to the next guy... now who lost??

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Kills His Colleague Over Girlfriend In Lagos by cnwamo(m): 9:35am On Feb 25, 2016
When he goes to prison, the Lady will move on to the next guy...
He's just foolish

3 Likes

Re: Man Kills His Colleague Over Girlfriend In Lagos by Babyphinas(f): 9:35am On Feb 25, 2016
What nonsense he should go in for it

2 Likes

Re: Man Kills His Colleague Over Girlfriend In Lagos by RoyalBlak007: 9:35am On Feb 25, 2016
all for what?
Re: Man Kills His Colleague Over Girlfriend In Lagos by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 25, 2016
Shame,because of woman?, there are some beast still lives on this earth, anyway ,,, in other news,, please tell oba benin who don't know the history that, oba of benin is a son to oba ife

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Kills His Colleague Over Girlfriend In Lagos by Godswillnwaoma(m): 9:36am On Feb 25, 2016
Why should a reasonable guy kill his fellow guy because of a woman....... Although I don't support his colleague insulting his girlfriend. By the time he finishes serving his prison terms the girl would have married wit kids. This is the reason I always advice people to control their anger because the ability to control ones anger is what really make him a man. You are not a man if you can't control your anger.

4 Likes

Re: Man Kills His Colleague Over Girlfriend In Lagos by Sunnycliff(m): 9:36am On Feb 25, 2016
Cases like this justifies jungle justice. I guess the devil will be ashamed of some guys who kill because of a stupid slut out there! For your bae to have someone apart from you is to make you know that she doesn't worth your efforts and your love.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Kills His Colleague Over Girlfriend In Lagos by datola: 9:36am On Feb 25, 2016
The guy's eyes would have been open by now
Re: Man Kills His Colleague Over Girlfriend In Lagos by Odunharry(m): 9:38am On Feb 25, 2016
send him to jail ASAP...
He killed his friend and injured two others all cos of woman.. A woman he isn't evn married to .
Re: Man Kills His Colleague Over Girlfriend In Lagos by Atlantian: 9:38am On Feb 25, 2016
For the love of women men shall continue to destroy each other
Re: Man Kills His Colleague Over Girlfriend In Lagos by blazetitov: 9:39am On Feb 25, 2016
This is not only shocking but also senseless. One cannot rule out hard drug's impact on this case.
Re: Man Kills His Colleague Over Girlfriend In Lagos by babyfaceafrica: 9:39am On Feb 25, 2016
Women be causing problem among men since 1500
Re: Man Kills His Colleague Over Girlfriend In Lagos by searchcorp(m): 9:40am On Feb 25, 2016
2016, my year of wisdom.
Re: Man Kills His Colleague Over Girlfriend In Lagos by Timoleon(m): 9:40am On Feb 25, 2016
i am not shocked!
Re: Man Kills His Colleague Over Girlfriend In Lagos by tosyne2much(m): 9:40am On Feb 25, 2016
What a way to die
Re: Man Kills His Colleague Over Girlfriend In Lagos by defendedvictim(m): 9:41am On Feb 25, 2016
Now, dats some crazy story. Common sense ain't even common anymore. They wil sentence him to death...well, he should help us shut d door of hell very well wen he gets dere. This heat is too much

3 Likes

Re: Man Kills His Colleague Over Girlfriend In Lagos by McMayowa(m): 9:43am On Feb 25, 2016
Re: Man Kills His Colleague Over Girlfriend In Lagos by whoAreYou11: 9:44am On Feb 25, 2016
So Sad
Re: Man Kills His Colleague Over Girlfriend In Lagos by Osisiogu2k4(m): 9:44am On Feb 25, 2016
Who I go ask
Re: Man Kills His Colleague Over Girlfriend In Lagos by Adonis3: 9:45am On Feb 25, 2016
lmao

Bros over hoes anytime

Niggaz fo life

Why would I harm my friend o'er some slutt

#Adonis3HasSopken

1 Like

Re: Man Kills His Colleague Over Girlfriend In Lagos by Estimable(m): 9:45am On Feb 25, 2016
Cos of a woman, dude murdered his fellow dude.....The woman in question l probably get another boy friend soonest
Re: Man Kills His Colleague Over Girlfriend In Lagos by hunkydory(m): 9:45am On Feb 25, 2016
Too bad
Re: Man Kills His Colleague Over Girlfriend In Lagos by iambabaG: 9:45am On Feb 25, 2016
Lemme check his name.. Smh!! Why am I not disappointed?
Proud card carrying member of the NCA Name Checkers Association.. Might just run for president!

1 Like

Re: Man Kills His Colleague Over Girlfriend In Lagos by Osisiogu2k4(m): 9:45am On Feb 25, 2016
Who will I ask

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Armed Robber Nabbed After Being Shot By Police During Operation In Bayelsa. PICS / Nigerian Customs Intercepts Vehicle Loaded With ₦71m Cash In Katsina State / 7 Pregnant Girls Escape From Baby Factory In Lagos (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.