Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,334 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola (2551 Views)

How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage / Banker Commits Suicide After Marriage He Took N3M Loan Crashed After 2 Months / "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by GodIsBiafran: 8:09pm On Mar 21, 2021
I am Igbo and I will tell you: hatred for Yorubas is very common among Igbos. It surprises me to this day. Since my parents never in my presence say anything negative about any other tribe. So how did I grow up to be the stauchest defender of Igbos and Biafra? Because, I can love the people of Nigeria and still believe that we Igbos are better off on our own with our Biafran brothers and sisters.

2 Likes

Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by flokii: 8:09pm On Mar 21, 2021
haffaze777:

She sha wan drink Omi okugrin

Don't mind her.. the guy preek dey totori her
Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by haffaze777(m): 8:11pm On Mar 21, 2021
flokii:

Don't mind her.. the guy preek dey totori her

She be mumu

1 Like

Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by MufasaLion: 8:12pm On Mar 21, 2021
haffaze777:

She sha wan drink Omi okugrin

LMAO grin grin grin

Igbo ladies rocks anyways tongue
Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by haffaze777(m): 8:14pm On Mar 21, 2021
MufasaLion:

LMAO grin grin grin

Igbo ladies rocks anyways tongue
More like Igbo ladies rock Yoruba demon's preekgrin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 21, 2021
haffaze777:

Waiting for when you will codemn the poster I quoted below

Who are you?
Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 21, 2021
MufasaLion:
[s][/s]
Mr ancient of days.
Spits!
Who are you?
Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by prettyangel10(f): 8:23pm On Mar 21, 2021
Better thank your stars and move on with your life. Even if you get married to him, you might ( note) 'might ' not have peace of mind in your marriage.

Talking from a friends experience.

2 Likes

Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by MufasaLion: 8:25pm On Mar 21, 2021
haffaze777:

I'm not sexualizing 'em bro.
Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by NoToPile: 8:35pm On Mar 21, 2021
Move on, she even called your parents and told them to tell you to leave her son That's the height of it abeg.

I would not support my sister entering a family she is not wanted, it most times end in (premium ) tears.

I will ignore the part where you are the one spending money on the guy, just move on

You will see your own

3 Likes

Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by Lothario(m): 9:47pm On Mar 21, 2021
haffaze777:

For your dreams na una useless dey after our ladies
Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by Kondomatic(m): 10:41pm On Mar 21, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:
She does not deserve you as daughter in law and if she is unjust to you, she just ended up setting her son back.

Because she(the lady) is who?

Let me tell you something, it will continue be difficult for Non Igbos (especially Hausa and Yoruba) to marry Igbos until the generation that experienced the Civil War is gone completely. These people know what they experienced in the hands of the then Nigerian soldiers(mostly hausa and Yoruba).
Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by emfy: 11:12pm On Mar 21, 2021
ofe mmanu. ..has a wife. mbanu
dats one chance
u will be far from home(no going to ur village)
u can end up being single at the end. she will distance your kids from. seen many examples around
especially when things re tough
stay clear umu igbo

1 Like

Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by haffaze777(m): 11:19pm On Mar 21, 2021
Lothario:
For your dreams na una useless dey after our ladies

When you tell chima to stop running after my preek grin

1 Like

Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by cococandy(f): 3:53am On Mar 22, 2021
Such an insensitive post.

Also full of falsehoods
Juliusmalema:
Are there no men in Yorubaland again?

Are they all now bobrisky and chef Ayomide that u are looking for an Igbo man to marry.

Inter tribal marriage is a menace to culture and tradition and must be resisted.

The woman knows her reasons and I fully stand with her because what an elder sees while sitting even if that child climbs the tallest Iroko tree, he won't see it.

Which mother will allow flirts , wayward ladies into her home?
Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by cococandy(f): 3:55am On Mar 22, 2021
emfy:
ofe mmanu. ..has a wife. mbanu
dats one chance
u will be far from home(no going to ur village)
u can end up being single at the end. she will distance your kids from. seen many examples around
especially when things re tough
stay clear umu igbo

Why are you people like this?
Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by LordKO(m): 5:55am On Mar 22, 2021
Her boyfriend is the source of the problem here because he obviously hasn't conquered himself. When a man conquered himself, a decision like whom to marry and where to marry automatically becomes his sole decision to make; of course, he listens to advice but without living on the opinion of the adviser, if it's against that he knows is right.

To the best of my knowledge, Igbos don't hate Yorubas. The reason why someone like the man's mother has supposedly disapproved the marriage might be for some justifiable or unjustifiable reason other than hatred for the Yorubas. It could be, for instance, that someone close to her who married a Yoruba woman in the past wittingly or unwittingly abandoned his parents and forgot about his ancestral root. I've seen this happened to a kindred relative; three of her male children who married Yoruba women and reside in Lagos and Ondo States respectively have only visited their ancestral home once or twice in the last 50 years or thereabouts - two of them are said to have even died and buried at their respective abodes a few years ago. They practically and completely abandoned their aged mother - who was their surviving parent - while answering big names in the city, until she died a few years ago.
Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 22, 2021
cococandy:
Such an insensitive post.
Also full of falsehoods
Are you blind to her lola wrecked the peace in okoye's family?
The woman knows her fears..
Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by emfy: 8:46am On Mar 22, 2021
cococandy:

Why are you people like this?
. I am from the east. my best frnd before I wedded is a Yoruba boy. no tribal sentiment. just nailing it on the head. just last week I heard of a family frnd wife(Yoruba woman) left the man(Igbo man),carried vital properties together with their only son(say 14years old). The man so perturbed,his bp increasing by the day. over 15life stories I can share. It often click when the Lady is Igbo and the man is yoruba . even my neighbor is a good example of all this yarning . had two grown up kids for an igbo man left the marriage.
Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by JovialJune(f): 9:40am On Mar 22, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Which mother will allow flirts , wayward ladies into her home?

Explain in full details, how the lady catering for a jobless Igbo guy, is a flirt and wayward?

The mother was nice at first until she was told the lady is Yoruba, that means she's a tribal bigot and a nonentity,

I truly do not blame people that insult Igbos here, all of you are the same, just take a look at your stupid comment, are you not daft?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 22, 2021
JovialJune:

Explain in full details, how the lady catering for a jobless Igbo guy, is a flirt and wayward?

The mother was nice at first until she was told the lady is Yoruba, that means she's a tribal bigot and a nonentity,

I truly do not blame people that insult Igbos here, all of you are the same, just take a look at your stupid comment, are you not daft?

Let the girl go and marry from her tribe Abeg.
Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by JovialJune(f): 10:01am On Mar 22, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Let the girl go and marry from her tribe Abeg.

Same way all of you want to die cos Davido didn't marry grandma looking chioma abi?

Because this one is not a celeb she should go and marry her tribe right?

Bunch of money hungry leaching fulls.

1 Like

Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 22, 2021
JovialJune:

Same way all of you want to die cos Davido didn't marry chioma abi?

And Lola that Peter married has wrecked the entire Okoye family.

Meanwhile, Chioma already have her son and not Davido's son.

So she has nothing to lose rather than send her son home to her real father which is Chioma father.. and then marry.

Davido has no claim on the child, so what's the fuss.

Davido should go ahead and marry a Yoruba woman.
Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by JovialJune(f): 10:17am On Mar 22, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Meanwhile, Chioma already have her son and not Davido's son.

So she has nothing to lose rather than send her son home to her real father which is Chioma father.. and then marry.

Davido has no claim on the child, so what's the fuss.

Davido should go ahead and marry a Yoruba woman.

Oh so Davido should go and marry a Yoruba woman, but when he was with chioma, Igbo women were the best thing after sliced akuya, now reality don set in, you remember he's Yoruba, bunch of delusional confused entity

The child doesnt belong to Davido, na so, I'm pretty sure na ADELEKE be him surname, when the boy grow up, pls tell chioma not to so much as smell adeleke's wealth since na her ppapa ejaculate into her, but as Davido be omoluabi, he would never sideline his son, we get sense like that, na the boy go come claim Davido,

Very foolish shameless girl, dropped out of school just to cruise round with man cos of money, a Yoruba lady will never ever do something like that, we will never abandon school cos of man or money, we are not that stupid.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by JovialJune(f): 10:19am On Mar 22, 2021
Juliusmalema:

And this Lola issue you people keep salivating on, una go tire one day, Peter and Lola will grow old together and die to the envious shock of all of you, best believe.

1 Like

Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 22, 2021
JovialJune:

Oh so Davido should go and marry a Yoruba woman, but when he was with chioma, Igbo women were the best thing after sliced akuya, now reality don set in, you remember he's Yoruba, bunch of delusional confused entity

The child doesnt belong to Davido, na so, I'm pretty sure na ADELEKE be him surname, when the boy grow up, pls tell chioma not to so much as smell adeleke's wealth since na her ppapa ejaculate into her, but as Davido be omoluabi, he would never sideline his son, we get sense like that, na the boy go come claim Davido,

Very foolish shameless girl, dropped out of school just to cruise round with man cos of money, a Yoruba lady will never ever do something like that, we will never abandon school cos of man or money, we are not that stupid.

let Davido marry his fellow Yoruba Abeg.

Ifeanyi is our son. Davido didn't perform any marital rites on her mother's head.
Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by cooooooks(m): 11:26am On Mar 22, 2021
Your boyfriend has to make it clear. If he isn't clear to his mother, in your presence, that it is you or nothing, leave him.

Parents, even of the same.tribw, could try to reject a potential spouse for whatever reason.
Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by Victoria938(f): 1:50am On Mar 24, 2021
If the Mum says stay Clear please do I know it not easy but don't forget that when you are married to a Man you're Married to his Family, And if they don't like you especially the Mum Please Run away from Him. God will Surprise you
Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by FanOfMyself: 8:33am On Mar 24, 2021
JovialJune:

Same way all of you want to die cos Davido didn't marry grandma looking chioma abi?

Your hatred against the Igbos doesn't stop them from prospering.
Every tribe is guilty of tribalism and it's best if we marry from our tribe.
Re: How My Igbo Boyfriend's Mother Crashed Our Plan Of Marriage-Adeola by AlphaSoul: 11:22am On Apr 03, 2021
MyopicMods:
Twitter influencer narrates how her Igbo boyfriend's mother crashed their plan of getting married.

A Twitter influencer took to the platform to narrate how the mother of her Igbo boyfriend of 2 years, crashed their plan of getting married.
According to @dearolaa, her prospective mother-in-law's attitude changed when she realized she is a Yoruba girl and she reportedly told her to her face that she can't marry her son because she doesn't like Yoruba people.

@dearolaa further revealed that her boyfriend's mother recently called her parents and warned that she should stay off her son. She also shared anguish of not knowing where she stands as her boyfriend has been in the village for a week.
She tweeted;

My name is Adeolar and I've been in a very serious relationship with an Igbo guy. He's nice, handsome and we've been dating for 2 years. He talked about me meeting his family and I was very excited little did I know that it would turn out to be my worse nightmare.
I met his mum and she seemed really nice, but her attitude changed when she realized I'm a Yoruba girl. She immediately told me to my face that I can't marry her son. Her reasons weren't clearly stated but she said she doesn't like the Yoruba people. My heart melted, hot tears rolled down from my eyes; I'm Yoruba and I'm in love with an Igbo "mummy's boy".
I spoke with him about it and he keeps assuring me that it would be fine. It's been almost 2 years now and the family are still not in support of our union. Every time I try to move on he comes begging that everything would be fine and that we will get married. I really love this guy, why I love him I don't know because clearly he hasn't done anything to deserve my heart but... He doesn't have a good paying job yet, so I carter for most of his financial needs and even send some food to his village during festivity.
Just recently his mother called my parents to tell them that I can't get married to her son and asked that I should be warned to stay off her son. He has travelled to his village for a week now and honestly I don't know where I stand... I really love him but what do I do?
Good morning lovers. This is my story.
This girl is naive!

(1) (2) (Reply)

True Life Story / Why Does India Have Such A Low Divorce Rate? / The Warri Beer Parlor**(who You Help?)**Come In Anytime!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.