Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,027 members, 7,838,576 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Inside Late Mai Deribe's Gold Marble House In Maiduguri, Borno state Nigeria. - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Inside Late Mai Deribe's Gold Marble House In Maiduguri, Borno state Nigeria. (59259 Views)

Cost Of Rent In Anambra State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng / Cost Of Rent In Ekiti State Nigeria / Tree Fell On Woman's Mud House In Imo. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inside Late Mai Deribe's Gold Marble House In Maiduguri, Borno state Nigeria. by ironheart(m): 1:09pm On May 06
DonroxyII:
Dem go Thief those golds comot one by one ...

People no too get joy for here ajeh grin
honestly you no lie

1 Like

Re: Inside Late Mai Deribe's Gold Marble House In Maiduguri, Borno state Nigeria. by Charly68: 1:19pm On May 06
We aren't hearing about him for transforming lives ,it is the golden house he built tbat journalist wants us to see...what a depraved society..Go to America and see how the wealthy in the society are transforning lives like Dangote is doing all over Africa...
Re: Inside Late Mai Deribe's Gold Marble House In Maiduguri, Borno state Nigeria. by Squirrel1(m): 1:24pm On May 06
GlorifiedTunde:

No I haven't, and I can't remember saying that I have.
omo you've been here since 2012, respect man.
Re: Inside Late Mai Deribe's Gold Marble House In Maiduguri, Borno state Nigeria. by SSpeter(m): 1:30pm On May 06
Okete001:
Hehehe

Northerners get doings.

They don't make noise and chestbeat like our audio billionaire friends.

The North & SW are the real billionaires.

My brother, hustle oo make u no turn audio billionaires wey dey shout "how much is money, money na water, eze ego" for 2x2 their shops while the real billionaires are proving their worth
If you compare yourself with a region that fought a civil war for 3 years and bounced back with less than 20 pounds...you don't have sense
Re: Inside Late Mai Deribe's Gold Marble House In Maiduguri, Borno state Nigeria. by pargelenis(m): 1:33pm On May 06
Orire01:
OK ... 2021 Thread hitting Frontpage 2024 …
Exactly, even the OP has given up … not logged into Nairaland since 2023 grin
Re: Inside Late Mai Deribe's Gold Marble House In Maiduguri, Borno state Nigeria. by SSpeter(m): 1:35pm On May 06
Latakia:
There are many wealthy men in Borno State and other part of the north that doesn't make lousy noise about their wealth. Imagine if this place belong to one developer, the whole world will not rest from the bragging and showoff grin
The eastern region have every reason to brag, the fought a civil war for 3 years, lost every and started a fresh with 20 pounds, can you compare Ekiti or Oshogbo that never saw warfare with Onitsha that was an abandoned ruins as at 1970? Please let them brag, check all the areas that fought civil wars in Africa and compare with the Southeast? Just an update, people in Dafur Sudan are presently eating grass
Re: Inside Late Mai Deribe's Gold Marble House In Maiduguri, Borno state Nigeria. by fabolouz1(m): 2:47pm On May 06
Never heard of him .
Northerners are wealthy but the region has the most poorest people.
Re: Inside Late Mai Deribe's Gold Marble House In Maiduguri, Borno state Nigeria. by DonroxyII: 2:50pm On May 06
GlorifiedTunde:

And you're so sure I'm not a wealthy person? That's Ok. 😅
Pardon Me Sir
What's Your Rank On Forbes List grin ...

Abeg Calm down Jhare cheesy

It's easier to Help Wealthy people to Spend their Monies & It's Easier to Suggest how to Direct their Funds ... I believed lazy people do that

My Own Advise is that, Why Can't Such Advisors Hustle & Build their own wealth then Do what They are Suggesting the Wealthy Man to Do grin ... Na There You go no say Khaki no be leather...

For Dangote to Be Dangote, Otedola & Adenuga with Elumelu to be where they are even Elon Musk & Mark ...... Alot of Demons were Fought & Destroyed ....

All Wealthy Men are Madmen because a Sane Person Can Never-Ever Be Fucking Rich cheesy ...

Sanity Would Make You Rich But Not Fvcking Rich ... It Takes Madness to Make Mad Monies!

If You move closer to Them & Your Mind No fit bear the Game, You will Run .... They Run Mad Games & They are Fearless ...

If Dangote should consider his Age & The Vanity Mentality, Why would he build Dangote Refinery With Such Loans to His Name ... But, Nah, They Know what Average Men Don't cheesy

Allow them to enjoy their Hustles ... Allow them to be Crazy Because It Takes Being Monstrous to Make Monstrous Monies cheesy
Re: Inside Late Mai Deribe's Gold Marble House In Maiduguri, Borno state Nigeria. by themanderon: 2:53pm On May 06
The house I s simply timeless. How do they maintain such an edifice? Some people have money heaped for generations to come.
Re: Inside Late Mai Deribe's Gold Marble House In Maiduguri, Borno state Nigeria. by Osaro4u2k(m): 3:04pm On May 06
This structure you see standing magnificent are all loots from the southern oil wells. It's well lolz
Re: Inside Late Mai Deribe's Gold Marble House In Maiduguri, Borno state Nigeria. by Segzy19: 3:08pm On May 06
Yet, there is so much poverty, disease, and ingorance around him ... Stinkingly rich northerners but then so much abject poverty around them always

1 Like

Re: Inside Late Mai Deribe's Gold Marble House In Maiduguri, Borno state Nigeria. by Tzar(m): 4:03pm On May 06
I hate posts like this that display wealth without telling us the kind of business that brought about the wealth.

1 Like

Re: Inside Late Mai Deribe's Gold Marble House In Maiduguri, Borno state Nigeria. by GlorifiedTunde(m): 5:41pm On May 06
DonroxyII:
Pardon Me Sir
What's Your Rank On Forbes List grin ...

Abeg Calm down Jhare cheesy

It's easier to Help Wealthy people to Spend their Monies & It's Easier to Suggest how to Direct their Funds ... I believed lazy people do that

My Own Advise is that, Why Can't Such Advisors Hustle & Build their own wealth then Do what They are Suggesting the Wealthy Man to Do grin ... Na There You go no say Khaki no be leather...

For Dangote to Be Dangote, Otedola & Adenuga with Elumelu to be where they are even Elon Musk & Mark ...... Alot of Demons were Fought & Destroyed ....

All Wealthy Men are Madmen because a Sane Person Can Never-Ever Be Fucking Rich cheesy ...

Sanity Would Make You Rich But Not Fvcking Rich ... It Takes Madness to Make Mad Monies!

If You move closer to Them & Your Mind No fit bear the Game, You will Run .... They Run Mad Games & They are Fearless ...

If Dangote should consider his Age & The Vanity Mentality, Why would he build Dangote Refinery With Such Loans to His Name ... But, Nah, They Know what Average Men Don't cheesy

Allow them to enjoy their Hustles ... Allow them to be Crazy Because It Takes Being Monstrous to Make Monstrous Monies cheesy

Ok
Re: Inside Late Mai Deribe's Gold Marble House In Maiduguri, Borno state Nigeria. by Bnjibreal(m): 7:06pm On May 06
المال يفنى ويبقى ما عملت به

Re: Inside Late Mai Deribe's Gold Marble House In Maiduguri, Borno state Nigeria. by george5084(m): 7:46pm On May 06
cool
Re: Inside Late Mai Deribe's Gold Marble House In Maiduguri, Borno state Nigeria. by lukency(m): 8:00pm On May 06
Vanity upon Vanity.
Re: Inside Late Mai Deribe's Gold Marble House In Maiduguri, Borno state Nigeria. by UNNGRADUATEEE: 8:29pm On May 06
Northurmate:
Inside Late Mai Deribe's Gold Marble House In Maiduguri, Borno state Nigeria.

CREDIT: Northeast Reporters: https://www.facebook.com/637228206760552/posts/1098044464012255/?app=fbl
This is more than Dubai!
Re: Inside Late Mai Deribe's Gold Marble House In Maiduguri, Borno state Nigeria. by FuckYeyeMods: 1:46am On May 07
Nahunger:
grin

Oil money sweet oo...

The real oil owners still dey chop watery beans, while this Alhaji use am build house of gold...

Is Nigeria not wonderful 😊
You billionaires sold you out, they chose money over you guys.
Re: Inside Late Mai Deribe's Gold Marble House In Maiduguri, Borno state Nigeria. by Latakia(f): 2:20pm On May 07
SSpeter:
The eastern region have every reason to brag, the fought a civil war for 3 years, lost every and started a fresh with 20 pounds, can you compare Ekiti or Oshogbo that never saw warfare with Onitsha that was an abandoned ruins as at 1970? Please let them brag, check all the areas that fought civil wars in Africa and compare with the Southeast? Just an update, people in Dafur Sudan are presently eating grass
yes daddy thank you daddy it's okay
Re: Inside Late Mai Deribe's Gold Marble House In Maiduguri, Borno state Nigeria. by educatedfool: 10:17am On May 08
PureNigerDeltan:
Muslim inspired architecture no fine for my eye at all. Upon all the money wey go down here e no still fine🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️
Pure hatred.

1 Like

Re: Inside Late Mai Deribe's Gold Marble House In Maiduguri, Borno state Nigeria. by PureNigerDeltan(m): 12:25pm On May 08
educatedfool:
Pure hatred.

Not at all!! Check am na? That thing fine for ya eye?
Re: Inside Late Mai Deribe's Gold Marble House In Maiduguri, Borno state Nigeria. by educatedfool: 12:34pm On May 08
PureNigerDeltan:

Not at all!! Check am na? That thing fine for ya eye?
It looked vintage to me
Re: Inside Late Mai Deribe's Gold Marble House In Maiduguri, Borno state Nigeria. by PureNigerDeltan(m): 3:40pm On May 08
educatedfool:

It looked vintage to me

Are you serious? Maybe you’re right Like Arabian stuffs ba? Nai i dey tell you say e no fine na.

1 Like

Re: Inside Late Mai Deribe's Gold Marble House In Maiduguri, Borno state Nigeria. by Konquest: 1:29am On May 21
Northurmate:
Inside Late Mai Deribe's Gold Marble House In Maiduguri, Borno state Nigeria.

LATE ALHAJI MAI DERIBE Was A Famed Billionaire of Borno, Who built Gold-marble house In Maiduguri and Customized (owned) A Gulfstream G550 Model Of private jet in 80s.

Late Deribe was extremely wealthy is a fact and even more factual is his action of dazzling others with his luxurious wealth. And many other Nigerians remember him more for the trappings of his wealth.

In the 1980s, he was one of the very few people on earth who were cruising around in the newly-released Gulfstream G550 private jet.

It is believed that he was among the first 12 people to purchase the customized version of this jet in the early 1980s, putting him in the same league with Yoshiaki Tsutsumi of Japan who was the richest man in the world at that time and other billionaires like Khalid Ibn Mahfouz of Saudi Arabia and Robert Edward ‘Ted’ Turner, the owner of CNN.

-There is also the Deribe Palace (Gidan Deribe) in Maiduguri, the state capital. Sprawling and vast, the building’s majesty was enough to impress the late Princess Diana and her husband, Prince Charles, King Juan Carlos I of Spain who stayed in the palace for two days in 1986 (the Spanish king was said to have been amazed with such opulence right in the middle of a vast desert) and even a son of an American President (George Bush would later become the US President himself), all of whom were hosted in the gold-marble building which was so exquisite that its commissioning was done by military president, General Ibrahim Babangida.

IBB was also a guest at the palace, while another high-profile guest is a retired army general, Muhammad Saad Abubakar, now the Sultan of Sokoto.

Many Nigerians were flabbergasted at the majesty of the Deribe Palace when Ovation magazine did a feature on the man and his wealth in early 2000.

How much did the palace cost him? Just $100 million. And cleaning his house was said to have cost N5million per month.

This is what Dele Momodu, the publisher of Ovation has to say on the Mai Deribe piece, which he said was one of the most memorable
for his company:

After that, I think the Mai Deribe in Maidugri. I also flew in Colin Ramsey from London to do p the photography for us and this is a man who has photographed Imelda Marcos (former First Lady of the Philippines) and all the top stars.

MAI DERIBE THE PHILANTHROPIST...

Mai Deribe was known and is still revered by the people of Borno for his charitable activities while alive. He pumped money into various ends, and these include:

-Construction of the Deribe Central Mosque, Old Maiduguri, Jere Local Government, Borno. It was commissioned by General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida.

-In the early 1980s, Mai Deribe upon returning from overseas (most probably the US or the UK) came with gifts of ultramodern gadgets and equipment for the staff of NTA Maiduguri. NTA is the Nigerian Television Authority. The gadgets were so advanced that it took the staff two years to master it, even after inviting their seniors from NTA Channel2, Victoria Island, Lagos.

-On the 1 st of January, 1987, Mai Deribe gave a sum of N5million naira to the Maiduguri Central Mosque on behalf of his family and that of his brother, late Alhaji Kuli Deribe.

-His neighbours were the people of Fezzan and Old Maiduguri, and they also benefitted from his largesse, he sent money and food to them, one bag of millet per family every month of Ramadan, the Muslim holy month of fasting.
CREDIT: Northeast Reporters: https://www.facebook.com/637228206760552/posts/1098044464012255/?app=fbl
Mai Deribe... An impressive thread.
Re: Inside Late Mai Deribe's Gold Marble House In Maiduguri, Borno state Nigeria. by Konquest: 1:33am On May 21
budaatum:
I never heard of him. The following is from research.

Alhaji Ahmed Mai Deribe was a citizen of Borno state. He was born into the Mai Deribe family and his father was a long distance trader in colonial Borno. He was an astute businessman and one of the richest in Nigeria. He had interest in the oil and gas sector of Nigeria and was also involved in a number of other businesses. He was the one that established the Dalram Soft Drinks Factory, which was the very first of its kind in the northeastern part of Nigeria.
https://nigerianfinder.com/mai-deribe-things-you-never-knew-about-him/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTOAUT0iWWE
Bump.
That's an impressive video of the late business magnate... Mai Daribe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. / Price Of All Kinds Of Roofing Sheets In Nigeria / Tenant Moved His Bike Up A Six Storey Building (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.