Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,065 members, 7,859,846 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 08:05 PM

. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / . (673 Views)

Is Animal Science A Good Course?? / What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? / What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Promisepikin: 11:58am On Mar 22, 2021
Re: . by The5DME(m): 12:30pm On Mar 22, 2021
No, it's not.
Re: . by Zeeknow3245(m): 3:35pm On Mar 22, 2021
No course is useless. If you are doing it thinking because you want Job, I advise you pick another course.
Re: . by sageb: 3:45pm On Mar 22, 2021
Promisepikin:
Good day nairalander,
I want to obtain jamb form this year and I wanna choose food science and engineering.I really don't know about the course
Please I need someone to enlighten and advice me about it.Is it a good course to study (especially in Nigeria) or it's just a waste of time.

Please I really need your suggestions.Thanks in advance
It is a good course but try to stay in an industrial city like Lagos, Kano, Port Harcourt,etc so that after graduation you can easily get jobs in PZ, UAC, Yale,Songhai,etc.

2 Likes

Re: . by KrazyDave16(m): 3:55pm On Mar 22, 2021
The5DME:
No, it's not.
FST student here... Lemme not swear for you o.

Course is good but job security is the issue in this country.
If OP aims to leave this country, especially parts of Europe/North America or got connects, he/she will go places with it if certification in same field is added to the school cert. (no need for MSc. unless you wanna aim higher)

Also lemme say that without FST/FSE, all them processed food n drinks and even bottle water you all taking for granted, we're making them safe for consumption.

1 Like

Re: . by The5DME(m): 4:50pm On Mar 22, 2021
KrazyDave16:

FST student here... Lemme not swear for you o.

Course is good but job security is the issue in this country.
If OP aims to leave this country, especially parts of Europe/North America or got connects, he/she will go places with it if certification in same field is added to the school cert. (no need for MSc. unless you wanna aim higher)

Also lemme say that without FST/FSE, all them processed food n drinks and even bottle water you all taking for granted, we're making them safe for consumption.
krazydave16, na me you dey talk to like this? I was not blind when I said the above. The course might be good but it's not the 'goodness' of a course that will out food on one's table. What's the point of studying something that will make you sweat before you see a job? The course might be lucrative outside Nigerian and the OP can apply for it if his aim is to leave the country. But as far as you're here, it's either you study it and learn some important skillset to supplement it you change it to a really lucrative course in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: . by KrazyDave16(m): 7:07pm On Mar 22, 2021
The5DME:
krazydave16, na me you dey talk to like this? I was not blind when I said the above. The course might be good but it's not the 'goodness' of a course that will out food on one's table. What's the point of studying something that will make you sweat before you see a job? The course might be lucrative outside Nigerian and the OP can apply for it if his aim is to leave the country. But as far as you're here, it's either you study it and learn some important skillset to supplement it you change it to a really lucrative course in Nigeria.
If I offended you, I'm sorry.

What triggered me was the statement you made about it being useless.

The number of people, even in my family (except me Mom) telling me I'll end up in some kitchen or jobless despite picking it over Medicine (connects dey o but I refused to study it) pisses me off even after I told them with great pains about it, its potential and how I intend to make it.

All they see is Medicine=Money and my passion means shii to them. Now the connects all see me as an ingrate and won't help but I'm helping myself.
Currently interning at a food industry and they surprised I was able to work there talkless of getting to the interview stage.

You would understand my tone if you knew me wella but still it wasn't my intention to offend you.

1 Like

Re: . by The5DME(m): 7:14pm On Mar 22, 2021
KrazyDave16:

The number of people, even in my family (except me Mom) telling me I'll end up in some kitchen or jobless despite picking it over Medicine (connects dey o but I refused to study it) pisses me off even after I told them with great pains about it, its potential and how I intend to make it.

All they see is Medicine=Money and my passion means shii to them. Now the connects all see me as an ingrate and won't help but I'm helping myself.
Currently interning at a food industry and they surprised I was able to work there talkless of getting to the interview stage.

You would understand my tone if you knew me wella but still it wasn't my intention to offend you.
I understand bro. Trust me; I do. Even I would love to be a chemist, but the thought of ending up jobless is really scary to me. It's not supposed to be like this. Only if Nigeria was a sane country, it shouldn't be like this.
Re: . by KrazyDave16(m): 7:30pm On Mar 22, 2021
The5DME:

I understand bro. Trust me; I do. Even I would love to be a chemist, but the thought of ending up jobless is really scary to me. It's not supposed to be like this. Only if Nigeria was a sane country, it shouldn't be like this.
Bruh...

A chemist isn't valued here at all. Just hustle and leave this country.

People dey find chemist like diee outside Nigeria and opportunities aplenty especially in Law Enforcement or if you like to live life on the edge, the cartels.

Everyone here thinks being a pharmacist is way better than a chemist not knowing that chemists run the show and without them, they're somewhat useless.
Re: . by Zeeknow3245(m): 10:58pm On Mar 22, 2021
KrazyDave16:

You said the Truth. Any Agro Allied Course will make you more comfortable than an Average Doc. From Veterinary medicine to pharmacy,Food Science (Feed especially),Animal science or Animal husbandry and other Agric fields.
Any med students that is thinking of automatic employment in Government owned hospital should stop Deluding his /herself except they want to work in Rural communities. How many will take the offer? So they go to Private Hospitals and earn 75k-80k. The wise ones can go for more than one job and earn extra things. The struggle is real.
The courses I mentioned earlier can make you set up a business personally and you grow from there.
But parents sef

1 Like

Re: . by KrazyDave16(m): 4:41am On Mar 23, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

You said the Truth. Any Agro Allied Course will make you more comfortable than an Average Doc. From Veterinary medicine to pharmacy,Food Science (Feed especially),Animal science or Animal husbandry and other Agric fields.
Any med students that is thinking of automatic employment in Government owned hospital should stop Deluding his /herself except they want to work in Rural communities. How many will take the offer? So they go to Private Hospitals and earn 75k-80k. The wise ones can go for more than one job and earn extra things. The struggle is real.
The courses I mentioned earlier can make you set up a business personally and you grow from there.
But parents sef
You know what's up.

The parents own is tiring. Claiming to know what's best but ruining their kids future.

(1) (Reply)

Aggressive Malpractice, Uniben Female Graduate Ordered To Rewrite All Exams / I Can't Find Where To Buy WAEC Scratch Cards Around Me / Which Is Better Salesforce Admin Or Developer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.