Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

What's The Best Seasoning To Use For Better Attractive Aroma For Stew - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What's The Best Seasoning To Use For Better Attractive Aroma For Stew (3170 Views)

Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding / Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) / What Is The Best Seasoning For Nigerian Fried Rice Color (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Best Seasoning To Use For Better Attractive Aroma For Stew by ChefDominiq(m): 12:56pm On Mar 23, 2021
Hello chefs, cooks and you that loves to cook.
For your stew or jollof rice stew, what is that spice or seasoning you use to give that beautiful aroma and nice to your stew.

wondering lately to change the aroma of my stew, to attract people around, I need to know the spice, herb or seasoning for before aroma.

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Seasoning To Use For Better Attractive Aroma For Stew by pozehnani(f): 1:46pm On Mar 23, 2021
Use bayleaf. It makes the difference
Also try frying your stew with some blended garlic.

Now too much of all these new spices in the market will end up spoiling the taste and affect the aroma of your stew because they are mostly chemically derived. But bayleaf is more organic and has a strong flavor that gives your stew and jollof that unique taste and smell coupled with garlic.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Best Seasoning To Use For Better Attractive Aroma For Stew by mariahAngel(f): 2:17pm On Mar 23, 2021
ChefDominiq:
For your stew or jollof rice stew, what is that spice or seasoning you use to give that beautiful aroma and nice to your stew.

wondering lately to change the aroma of my stew, to attract people around, I need to know the spice, herb or seasoning for before aroma.

Are you into food business?
Re: What's The Best Seasoning To Use For Better Attractive Aroma For Stew by ChefDominiq(m): 3:01pm On Mar 23, 2021
Yes please
mariahAngel:

Are you into food business?

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Seasoning To Use For Better Attractive Aroma For Stew by ChefDominiq(m): 3:05pm On Mar 23, 2021
Yeah...thank you
I often use garlic and bay leaf � maybe garlic not enough
pozehnani:

Now too much of all these new spices in the market will end up spoiling the taste and affect the aroma of your stew because they are mostly chemically derived. But bayleaf is more organic and has a strong flavor that gives your stew and jollof that unique taste and smell coupled with garlic.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Best Seasoning To Use For Better Attractive Aroma For Stew by pozehnani(f): 3:38pm On Mar 23, 2021
ChefDominiq:
Yeah...thank you

You're welcome.
Re: What's The Best Seasoning To Use For Better Attractive Aroma For Stew by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 23, 2021
For both stew and jollof rice, bay leaf will give it a nice aroma and flavor. Bay leaf is one of those spices I put in many things I cook, unless I'm baking. #BayLeafAddict

That aside,

For stew, small bouillon powder and then I use two other seasonings, in very small ratios.
I believe the fewer seasonings/spices in stews, the better, else it may end up tasting bitter.

For jollof rice, small paprika, black pepper and sufficient white pepper are a must. White pepper is one of theee secrets to cooking yummy jollof rice.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Best Seasoning To Use For Better Attractive Aroma For Stew by ChefDominiq(m): 9:09pm On Mar 23, 2021
wow nice one
well said "the fewer the seasoning/spices the better"
I appreciate your input
aroundtheearth:
For both stews and jollof rice, bay leaf will give it a nice aroma and flavor. Bay leaf is one of those spices I put in many things I cook, unless I'm baking. #BayLeafAddict

That aside,

For stew, small bouillon powder and then I use two other seasonings, in very small rations.
I believe the fewer seasonings/spices in stews, the better, else it may end up tasting bitter.

For jollof rice, small paprika, black pepper and sufficient white pepper are a must. White pepper is one of theee secrets to cooking yummy jollof rice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Best Seasoning To Use For Better Attractive Aroma For Stew by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 24, 2021
ChefDominiq:

Get curry masala with tiger nutmeg ASAP but for jellof rice add mixed spices

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Seasoning To Use For Better Attractive Aroma For Stew by frozen70(f): 1:23pm On Apr 09, 2021
ChefDominiq:
Yeah...thank you

These are just the two species I use when I fry my stew and get good taste from it

Apart from tyme and curry, I only use chicken glory, that's all.

I get what I want from it

2 Likes

Re: What's The Best Seasoning To Use For Better Attractive Aroma For Stew by camsyfoods: 1:01pm On Apr 06, 2022
pozehnani:

I do understand where you are coming from (your perspective), but have you tried Camsy Mixed spice? Its a blend of various organic natural spices. It gives your food great taste and aroma, plus the assurance that it is not chemically derived.

Camsy has various other products that you may want to see. Check out our website www.camsyfoods.com
Distributors are needed nationwide. Whatsapp 08030445373

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Seasoning To Use For Better Attractive Aroma For Stew by ama19: 11:14pm On May 05, 2022
ChefDominiq:

Blend your tomatoes with onions and garlic, use chicken flavoured seasoning powder, curry and thyme too .

Please see video below for details

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SxunNxDA1U

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Favorite Bread Brand? / How To Make The Basic Granola Recipe With Quick Oats / See Scary Yam In Human Shape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.