Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,089 members, 7,852,688 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:22 AM

Can I Follow Peace With All Men? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can I Follow Peace With All Men? (817 Views)

Follow Peace With All Men. / Pastor Veronica : God Sent Me To Sleep With All Men For Fertility / Atheist Finds Refuge, Peace With Christ. Hallelujah! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Follow Peace With All Men? by Nobody: 7:01am On Mar 25, 2021
YES!

This may sound difficult but that is only when and if we try to use our Human effort to achieve this feat. But by the grace made available for us, it is 100% possible. You can do it.

Hebrews 12:14-15 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

Human beings will upset you.

They will treat you badly.

They will do all manner of wickedness to you that you'll feel justified to deal and fight back but... would you rather lose your precious soul to eternal damnation just because of temporary things that won't last forever? No.

Now, if you have this word of God embedded in your heart and ask for the grace from the most high God, you'll feel unperturbed by those offences and find it easy not to react or revenge but follow peace with them, avoiding eternal damnation altogether.

Not sounding like a super woman but by grace of God which is sufficient for us all. Embrace it and see things that would naturally appear difficult to do begin to look very simple and easy to do.

The beauty of following peace with all men is that you yourself have peace. Try it today by seeking God's face for abundance of His grace and you'll be amazed/ glad you did.

Are you born-again? If you're not yet born-again, now is the time.

Accept Jesus now as your personal Lord and savior by saying this simple prayer of faith.

Jesus, come into my life. Forgive all my sins and wash me clean with the blood of the new covenant. Wipe my name from the book of hell/death and write my name in the book of Life.

Thank you Jesus for saving me.

Shalom.
Re: Can I Follow Peace With All Men? by Nobody: 7:04am On Mar 25, 2021
Jesus cares. Come to him now that you're still alive. It will cost you nothing but add abundant blessings to you. Tomorrow may be too late.

Better to die in Christ than to die in crisis and end up in everlasting torment and regrets.

Peace.
Re: Can I Follow Peace With All Men? by Tolexander: 7:06am On Mar 25, 2021
You can’t follow peace with all men.

Even Jesus Christ went beserk at a time to chase away those trading in the temple.

Paul had only said what he felt like in his letter. Paul also while alive wouldn’t have followed peace with all men. Just that no one was able to write about him after his conversion
Re: Can I Follow Peace With All Men? by Nobody: 7:21am On Mar 25, 2021
Tolexander:
You can’t follow peace with all men.

Even Jesus Christ went beserk at a time to chase away those trading in the temple.

Paul had only said what he felt like in his letter. Paul also while alive wouldn’t have followed peace with all men. Just that no one was able to write about him after his conversion

Humanly speaking you can't but by the Grace of God you can if you chose to come under that grace and operate rather than rely on your human effort.

Shalom.
Thanks for stopping by.
Re: Can I Follow Peace With All Men? by anthonyuncle(m): 7:25am On Mar 25, 2021
peace can be the aim,
but all acts can never be peaceful

1 Like

Re: Can I Follow Peace With All Men? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 25, 2021
The trumpet may not sound in your time but what if death comes calling? Wouldn't it be wise to be prepared for his coming asleep or alive?

Brethren, being in Christ is not being in bondage. I know youll be thinking, "oh I'm gonna miss illicit sex, I'm gonna miss clubbing and partying"... hell no! You won't. Trust me.

The beauty of being born again is that, the Holy spirit will sanctify you to the point where those sinful things will no longer look appealing to you. As In... You'll begin to loath and see them as filthy. Trust me. I've been there. Now by His grace, I can live without those things and don't miss them.

And will you still fall from time to time? Yes, at the initial stage because you're still a work in progress but the Holy spirit will not leave you because God says, though the righteous may fall but I will raise him up again.

So, Untill His sanctification work is completed on you so you can be presented Holy and spotless to the father on the last day, the Holy spirit will never give up on you and I.

Jesus is the surest bet my brethren. Make haste while the sun shines.
Accept Jesus now.

Shalom
Re: Can I Follow Peace With All Men? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 25, 2021
My dear,Nairaland is a home of atheist, they hate it if you are religious, I have been there and got the bashing of my life,i once cried over bashing and names calling but my SD in religion section made me strong and urged me to face and confront them whichever way i like and i havent regret any of his advise, I had to let go of that Monika but to come back with this one and give it to them tit for tat.
Re: Can I Follow Peace With All Men? by Kobojunkie: 5:04pm On Mar 25, 2021
AsherAmari:

Yes you're right. Humanly speaking you can't but by the Grace of God you can if you shise to come that grave and operate rather than rely on your human effort.
Following the idea of peace you seem to have there,I am afraid you contradict your own self.

The one you responded to there just told you that even Jesus Christ, the one who is referred to as the Grace if God Himself also "lost" His peace at least once. In your agreeing with the comment, you declared the Grace of God incapable of granting one that ability to "Follow peace with all men". undecided

By the way. Jesus Christ never commanded His disciples to follow peace with all men. Instead, Jesus Christ said you should not thing that He has come to bring peace to the world but instead a sword. Does that sound like one who would say "Follow peace with all men"? undecided
Re: Can I Follow Peace With All Men? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 25, 2021
Zzor:
My dear,Nairaland is a home of atheist, they hate it if you are religious, I have been there and got the bashing of my life,i once cried over bashing and names calling but my SD in religion section made me strong and urged me to face and confront them whichever way i like and i havent regret any of his advise, I had to let go of that Monika but to come back with this one and give it to them tit for tat.

Evangelism is not about seeking people's validation of you or what you do. or going about arguing. It's about preacing the gospel of peace and salvation.

You don't necessarily need to get personal with anyone to avoid any form of sentiments. Yours is to preach the gospel and allow the spirit of God to touch peoples hearts to receive the gospel. For the Bible says, "Paul planteth, Apolos watereth but God giveth increase.

After you've done your part, move on and avoid arguements cos that is not your purpose and mission except you got other ulterior motives other than that which you're presenting to them.

Then finally, Let God do the finishing touches to the souls youve preached to

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Can I Follow Peace With All Men? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Following the idea of peace you seem to have there,I am afraid you contradict your own self.

The one you responded to there just told you that even Jesus Christ, the one who is referred to as the Grace if God Himself also "lost" His peace at least once. In your agreeing with the comment, you declared the Grace of God incapable of granting one that ability to "Follow peace with all men". undecided

By the way. Jesus Christ never commanded His disciples to follow peace with all men. Instead, Jesus Christ said you should not thing that He has come to bring peace to the world but instead a sword. Does that sound like one who would say "Follow peace with all men"? undecided

I didn't shoot myself in the leg. Mind you I said, "humanly" speaking... ( Human effort) its impossible But by the grace of God it is 100% possible.

Kobojunkie, please help me to edit those words ( wrong spellings) you quoted. "Chose" and "Grace".

Thank you.
Re: Can I Follow Peace With All Men? by Kobojunkie: 5:24pm On Mar 25, 2021
AsherAmari:

I didn't shoot myself in the leg. Mind you I said, "humanly" speaking... ( Human effort) its impossible But by the grace of God it is 100% possible.

Kobojunkie, please help me to edit those words ( wrong spellings) you quoted. "Chose" and "Grace".
You agreed that the Grace of God failed in keeping peace with all men only to then turn around to claim that only by the Grace of God, the same one who "failed" can humans follow peace with all men. Does that make sense to you? undecided
Re: Can I Follow Peace With All Men? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You agreed that the Grace of God failed in keeping peace with all men only to then turn around to claim that only by the Grace of God, the same one who "failed" can humans follow peace with all men. Does that make sense to you? undecided

What did your primary school teacher teach you about "but" ?tongue

I've modified where I accepted. Kobojunkie, Biko hapu maka.

Mind you, Jesus Christ is not against peace. Infact, He is our peace.
Re: Can I Follow Peace With All Men? by Kobojunkie: 6:05pm On Mar 25, 2021
AsherAmari:
What did your primary school teacher teach you about "but" ?:PI've modified where I accepted. Kobojunkie, Biko hapu maka.Mind you, Jesus Christ is not against peace. Infact, He is our peace.
You are still not paying attention!
AsherAmari:
Humanly speaking you can't but by the Grace of God you can if you chose to come under that grace and operate rather than rely on your human effort.
This is what the Grace of God Himself said of your "Peace"

Matthew 10 vs 34-39
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
34. “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace. I came to bring trouble.[h]
35. I have come to make this happen:
‘A son will turn against his father.
A daughter will turn against her mother.
A daughter-in-law will turn against her mother-in-law.
36. Even members of your own family will be your enemies.’
37. “Those who love their father or mother more than they love me are not worthy of me. And those who love their son or daughter more than they love me are not worthy of me.
38. Those who will not accept the cross that is given to them when they follow me are not worthy of me.
39. Those who try to keep the life they have will lose it. But those who give up their life for me will find true life.
If He, Jesus Christ, declared to you, that He has not come to bring Peace but trouble, what does that tell you of your idea of the following peace with all men? undecided

It means that not even by the Grace of God, Jesus Christ Himself, will you be able to accomplish such a feat. So, your belief that you can follow peace with all men is flawed from the get-go.
Re: Can I Follow Peace With All Men? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You are still not paying attention!
This is what the Grace of God Himself said of your "Peace"

If He, Jesus Christ, declared to you, that He has not come to bring Peace but trouble, what does that tell you of your idea of the following peace with all men? undecided

It means that not even by the Grace of God, Jesus Christ Himself, will you be able to accomplish such a feat. So, your belief that you can follow peace with all men is flawed from the get-go.

Stop interpreting the Bible wrongly. We all know what Christ meant in that context and not what you're trying to point out.

I'm not cut out for your arguments. I know you, so chill.

Remain blessed.
Re: Can I Follow Peace With All Men? by Kobojunkie: 8:13pm On Mar 25, 2021
AsherAmari:
Stop interpreting the Bible wrongly. We all know what Christ meant in that context and not what you're trying to pointing out.I'm not cut out for your arguments. I know you, so chill.
Well, since you claim I misconstrued what Jesus Christ said, kindly tell us what Jesus Christ said then. undecided

Matthew 10 vs 34-39
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
34. “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace. I came to bring trouble.[h]
35. I have come to make this happen:
‘A son will turn against his father.
A daughter will turn against her mother.
A daughter-in-law will turn against her mother-in-law.
36. Even members of your own family will be your enemies.’
37. “Those who love their father or mother more than they love me are not worthy of me. And those who love their son or daughter more than they love me are not worthy of me.
38. Those who will not accept the cross that is given to them when they follow me are not worthy of me.
39. Those who try to keep the life they have will lose it. But those who give up their life for me will find true life.
What did Jesus Christ mean when He declared, to an audience of mostly uneducated poor people, that He did not come to bring peace but trouble, along with the statements that followed which serve to bolster His claim? undecided
Re: Can I Follow Peace With All Men? by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 26, 2021
Who moved this post to Religion section?

Please leave my post where I posted it in the romance section because I need to reach out to lost souls there.

Shalom.
Re: Can I Follow Peace With All Men? by Nobody: 5:14am On Mar 27, 2021
A Life without Christ is a life of crisis.

JESUS cares!
Re: Can I Follow Peace With All Men? by Kobojunkie: 5:41am On Mar 27, 2021
AsherAmari:
A Life without Christ is a life of crises.
JESUS cares!
That is a lie. Jesus Christ never taught that those who do not believe in Him have crisis and the lot to deal with with. undecided
In fact, Jesus Christ instead taught His followers to expect to have to deal with troubles and tribulation in this world, a result of choosing to become one of His. undecided
Re: Can I Follow Peace With All Men? by BetterChurch: 5:41am On Mar 27, 2021
AsherAmari:
Who moved this post to Religion section?

Please leave my post where I posted it in the romance section because I need to reach out to lost souls there.

Shalom.

grin I probably won't have seen it in romance section.
Re: Can I Follow Peace With All Men? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:57am On Mar 27, 2021
You misconstrued the whole thing!

What Paul meant is Christians will surely have serious issues with unbelievers due to our difference but we shouldn't allow that to lead us into quarreling with them! 1Peter 3:15
As Christians we have this spiritual routine of going to PREACH and TEACH people in their homes {Matthew 10:11-12} many will reject the message and turn to rage but instead of picking up a fight with them we should leave peacefully! Luke 9:51-56 compare to Matthew 10:13 and Proverbs 17:14

But in the world true Christians can't have PEACE rather it's one tribulation after another {John 16:33} the only place where Christians can have true PEACE is within the congregation of God! John 14:27

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Can I Follow Peace With All Men? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
That is a lie. Jesus Christ never taught that those who do not believe in Him have crisis and the lot to deal with with. undecided
In fact, Jesus Christ instead taught His followers to expect to have to deal with troubles and tribulation in this world, a result of choosing to become one of His. undecided

And ended it by saying, "but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." This promise of assurance only applies to children of God. Which is why I want everyone to benefit from that promise by telling them to accept Christ.

Thanks for the heads up, though.
Re: Can I Follow Peace With All Men? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 27, 2021
BetterChurch:

grin I probably won't have seen it in romance section.

Oh....k
I'm glad you saw it tjouth.

Shalom.
Re: Can I Follow Peace With All Men? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 27, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
You misconstrued the whole thing!

What Paul meant is Christians will surely have serious issues with unbelievers due to our difference but we shouldn't allow that to lead us into quarreling with them! 1Peter 3:15
As Christians we have this spiritual routine of going to PREACH and TEACH people in their homes {Matthew 10:11-12} many will reject the message and turn to rage but instead of picking up a fight with them we should leave peacefully! Luke 9:51-56 compare to Matthew 10:13 and Proverbs 17:14

But in the world true Christians can't have PEACE rather it's one tribulation after another {John 16:33} the only place where Christians can have true PEACE is within the congregation of God! John 14:27

May you have PEACE! smiley

We saying the same thing bro. Only that you expanciated more on what I am on about.

Thanks and amen.
Re: Can I Follow Peace With All Men? by Kobojunkie: 2:10pm On Mar 27, 2021
AsherAmari:

And ended it by saying, "but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." This promise of assurance only applies to children of God. Which is why I want everyone to benefit from that promise by telling them to accept Christ.

Thanks for the heads up, though.
You still not paying attention ,I see. undecided

Only by stating the facts can people truly benefit from what you are "selling". Jesus Christ never said those who do not have Him will have crisis in this world, so why tell folks that without Jesus Christ they will have such? undecided

He overcame the world , bringing us a new Kingdom that is not of this world. And as He said, He did not come to condemn but to save. undecided
Re: Can I Follow Peace With All Men? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You still not paying attention ,I see. undecided

Only by stating the facts can people truly benefit from what you are "selling". Jesus Christ never said those who do not have Him will have crisis in this world, so why tell folks that without Jesus Christ they will have such? undecided

He overcame the world , bringing us a new Kingdom that is not of this world. And as He said, He did not come to condemn but to save. undecided

Where did I say Christ said they will have crisis? I'm just saying that from what is going on in the world.
Re: Can I Follow Peace With All Men? by Kobojunkie: 4:01pm On Mar 27, 2021
AsherAmari:
Where did I say Christ said they will have crisis? I'm just saying that from what is going on in the world.
Look around you for once and be honest with your own self. Are the over 2 billion people who claim to believe in Jesus Christ not themselves impacted in some form or another some of the very same "crisis" that is today's world? undecided

In many cases, those who don't even believe seem to have it better than those who claim to believe, and this is seen everywhere you open your eyes to see. So why suggest that the unbelievers have it worse in this world when there is no evidence of that, and no Truth(Jesus Christ) to that claim? undecided
Re: Can I Follow Peace With All Men? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Look around you for once and be honest with your own self. Are the over 2 billion people who claim to believe in Jesus Christ not themselves impacted in some form or another some of the very same "crisis" that is today's world? undecided

In many cases, those who don't even believe seem to have it better than those who claim to believe, and this is seen everywhere you open your eyes to see. So why suggest that the unbelievers have it worse in this world when there is no evidence of that, and no Truth(Jesus Christ) to that claim? undecided

What are you on about?

I'm here to encourage the brethren in Christ and you go about countering me like some Antichrist.

No doubt everyone knows there's tribulation in the world which you pointed out earlier in your statement but are we suppose to go rubbing it in their faces or we are to encourage them in the Lord?

Kobojunkie, I told you before, I'm not here for your arguments but to encourage the brethen irrespective of what they are going through. Ok?!

Shalom.
Brachaa.
Re: Can I Follow Peace With All Men? by Kobojunkie: 5:14pm On Mar 27, 2021
AsherAmari:

What are you on about?

I'm here to encourage the brethren in Christ and you go about countering me like some Antichrist.

No doubt everyone knows there's tribulation in the world which you pointed out earlier in your statement but are we suppose to go rubbing it in their faces or we are to encourage them in the Lord?

Kobojunkie, I told you before, I'm not here for your arguments but to encourage the brethen irrespective of what they are going through. Ok?!
Encourage them with the Truth, as revealed By Jesus Christ, not lies.

There are millions out there today who are headed straight for hell whose belief in Jesus Christ is based on lies and not His Truth. Many because of the lies told them will end up there just as Jesus Christ said and because persons like you thought it harmless to tell these lies in the name of Jesus Christ. undecided

And Jesus Christ did warn that by telling these lies you not only heap curses on your own selves as well as on those who imbibe your lies, you also being judgment on you which will be doled out by Jesus Christ Himself when He returns. undecided
Re: Can I Follow Peace With All Men? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Encourage them with the Truth, as revealed By Jesus Christ, not lies.

There are millions out there today who are headed straight for hell whose belief in Jesus Christ is based on lies and not His Truth. Many because of the lies told them will end up there just as Jesus Christ said and because persons like you thought it harmless to tell these lies in the name of Jesus Christ. undecided

And Jesus Christ did warn that by telling these lies you not only heap curses on your own selves as well as on those who imbibe your lies, you also being judgment on you which will be doled out by Jesus Christ Himself when He returns. undecided

Who's telling lies? Anyways I know you, so I'm not surprised.
You can do well to tell the truth rather than argue on end.

Again, I'm not here for arguments.

Repent.
Re: Can I Follow Peace With All Men? by Kobojunkie: 5:24pm On Mar 27, 2021
AsherAmari:
Who's telling lies? Anyways I know you, so I'm not surprised.
You can do well to tell the truth rather than argue on end.

Again, I'm not here for arguments.

Repent.
No need to get defensive. Open that book and study the Gospels to know the Truth as revealed to you over 2000 years ago. undecided

The Truth of God, including the curses that are on those who go against His teachings in the name of God, are made clear in the 4 Gospels. Read for your own souls sake! undecided
If you at least showed yourself that much love, you would know that telling others the Truth, all of the times, is how you show love for them. undecided
Re: Can I Follow Peace With All Men? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
No need to get defensive. Open that book and study the Gospels to know the Truth as revealed to you over 2000 years ago. undecided

The Truth of God, including the curses that are on those who go against His teachings in the name of God, are made clear in the 4 Gospels. Read for your own souls sake! undecided
If you at least showed yourself that much love, you would know that telling others the Truth, all of the times, is how you show love for them. undecided

I see it's your mission to derail this post but you can't. Meanwhile you still haven't started spreading the gospel; You're still arguing and comdeming, Mr?
Re: Can I Follow Peace With All Men? by Kobojunkie: 5:41pm On Mar 27, 2021
AsherAmari:

I see it's your mission to derail this post but you can't. Meanwhile you still haven't started spreading the gospel; You're still arguing and comdeming, Mr?
Do you realize that it would be better for you in the end to be dumb where the Gospel is concerned than to spread lies, deceiving people instead, in the name of spreading the Gospel? undecided

Ever sat back and wondered why it took Jesus Christ over 3 years before He sent His disciples out to preach the Gospel of the Kingdom of God to the world? undecided

The Gospel of the Kingdom is the Truth of God - and any lie added to it is a lie too much, even if done in ignorance. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

God's One True Organisation Now Accepts Patents, Jewelleries, Mineral Rights Etc / History Of The Bible, In Pix / 25 Signs Of A False Prophet - By Apostle Joseph Udoh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.