Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,831 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? (16265 Views)

Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? / I Want To Quit My Teaching Job: Advice Needed / What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by merits(m): 2:20pm On Mar 25, 2021
I wish you best of luck, that is all I have to say.
Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by babajeje123(m): 2:22pm On Mar 25, 2021
Don't resign now, start when schools are on vacation.
Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by adecamp(m): 2:22pm On Mar 25, 2021
Quit and start your block business.
It might be difficult now but will pay in the long run
Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by Britishcoins(m): 2:23pm On Mar 25, 2021
Don't ever believe people who tell you that ur capital is too small, I remembered when I wanted to start boutique business, I opened a topic like this and some people nearly made me to lose hope due to the little amount I have, today made it almost 2 years and I have another bigger shop and other investment. my working capital then was 150k

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by Lexusgs430: 2:24pm On Mar 25, 2021
Francisayo:
I've been teaching in a private school for two years, but the money is just too small and never enough this made me think of a business to start...

I got a loan of #500k to start a block industry on a small scale, even though I'm still in fact finding and research stage about the business but I hope to start very soon.

I'm currently not in my town as where I teach is in another state but I planned to set up d block industry in my town.

I planned to resign next week after vacation, I want to tell d owner I won't be resuming with them next term...

Guys do u think this is a good idea.

Thanks

Anything is possible...... I only hope that loan was not from a financial institution........
Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by Branzy(m): 2:24pm On Mar 25, 2021
Brother quit
Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by tiswell(m): 2:25pm On Mar 25, 2021
500k is nothing in this era
Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by TimmyTen(m): 2:25pm On Mar 25, 2021
Have alternate b4 quiting
Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by ariefadenco: 2:25pm On Mar 25, 2021
Francisayo:
I've been teaching in a private school for two years, but the money is just too small and never enough this made me think of a business to start...

I got a loan of #500k to start a block industry on a small scale, even though I'm still in fact finding and research stage about the business but I hope to start very soon.

I'm currently not in my town as where I teach is in another state but I planned to set up d block industry in my town.

I planned to resign next week after vacation, I want to tell d owner I won't be resuming with them next term...

Thanks

I think it is a good business, blocks are not perishable. Possibility of a loss is minimal. Losses may be incurred likely in the proces of supply.

Contact me to have your company or business name registered with the CAC
Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by tboydbrave(m): 2:26pm On Mar 25, 2021
Make sure u get as much information n knowledge on it before u start up. But don't quit your job for now. Watch the business grow for at least 6 months,then decide on quitting. By then, u would know which direction the business is taking.
Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by Branzy(m): 2:26pm On Mar 25, 2021
Since you already have knowledge about teaching why not start up a tutorial center for those writing waec jamb post utme

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by cenaman(m): 2:27pm On Mar 25, 2021
Francisayo:

I'm currently getting knowledge on it
I am into block business too. Where is the location for ur block business?
Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by OsazeDee(m): 2:27pm On Mar 25, 2021
Quitting depends

Have you got responsibilities?
Do you solely depend on what you get from teaching?
Are there other means after taking such decision?
There are more questions tho, but i feel if you have a convincing answer, you will decide just fine.

Meanwhile... Interns/Digital marketers needed with little or no experience.
Good thing is provisions have been made for intensive training

Reach out for better info. 0 ** 9 ** 0 **1 3 6 ** 6 9 1 1 ** 5
Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by officialmario(m): 2:30pm On Mar 25, 2021
Francisayo:

Thanks
the block industry business is a nice one, but i dnt think that capital is enough, talking abt the space and high rate in cost of commodities, i would advice you get establish ur industry in a new site.
i drop my pen
Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by plot697: 2:30pm On Mar 25, 2021
Francisayo:

Thanks

Seek advice from people already in the business. Teaching job is just to enable live till the next day. Business is better
Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by Chrixtopha(m): 2:31pm On Mar 25, 2021
MY HUMBLE OPINION...YOU ARE NOT THE ONE MOULDING IT OR ARE YOU THE ONE TO MOULD IT?, CONTRACT MOULDERS AFTER YOU HAVE CONCLUDED WITH YOUR RESEARCH. START THE BUSINESS BUT DON'T QUIT YOUR TEACHING JOB YET. AFTER WORK NO MATTER HOW STRESSFULL, STROLL TO YOUR SITE AND SEE WHAT IT'S BEING MOULDED, WATER IT....CONTINUE IT UNTIL YOUR BLOCK INDUSTRY START YIELDING AS YOU EXPECTED.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by femi4: 2:31pm On Mar 25, 2021
Francisayo:

Thanks
The time to start is now, that job will tie you down if you don't leave. Everything in this life is a risk
Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by madukaanaya(m): 2:31pm On Mar 25, 2021
please am starving and i realy need help.any amount will be appreciated please am in need.0030658916 unity bank.
Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by iLegendd(m): 2:31pm On Mar 25, 2021
You already know the answer.
Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by davies(m): 2:33pm On Mar 25, 2021
A good idea to quit the teaching job for now. Follow up ur intended block business with all zeal and you will see how it will flourish within the next 1 year most especially if you are in a suitable location

1 Like

Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by Darexone(m): 2:34pm On Mar 25, 2021
Hashabiah:
My advice : Think big, start small, start now.
[/b]

Peace
Good idea! Early is better, don't wait for [b]change before change will change you. Wish you the best.
Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by melviniyke2002(m): 2:40pm On Mar 25, 2021
madukaanaya:
please am starving and i realy need help.any amount will be appreciated please am in need.0030658916 unity bank.
start teaching job,very easy to get one.....15k to 30k a month....dis wud help u avoid online begging.... Cus most people see it as scam dis days.....Gudluck.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by jaxxy(m): 2:41pm On Mar 25, 2021
Francisayo:

Thanks

Leaving ur job for a business Ure just researching on generally speaking is not the best idea bt sometimes circumstances call for such actions to be taken. I’m sure if u were teaching in ur home state u wouldn’t have to think of resigning just to do it business.

I advise u meet those in ur business of research or chioce and get/hear their experiences. It will guide u better. U don’t have to tell them It’s u that wants to go into the business bt a brother of urs so they come out with all the details without reservations. Goodluck.
Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by Bar1941(m): 2:42pm On Mar 25, 2021
500k is small for establishment of a block making company since you will be competing with guys who are already established in the business with available materials and truck(s) for conveying purchased products to various destinations, notwithstanding if you are determined that might not be an issue.

The main issue is your target customers, what is the rate of demand for the produce in your hometown? Anothther point to take note of is that demand for building blocks is seasonal somehow, you must be aware of that.

Lastly I will advise if you can have an additional source of income as a support to your block making industry, venturing into agro products won't be a bad idea or you can even take up another teaching job in your hometown for a while till you get stabilized and face the business fully. Best of luck.
Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by itubaba001: 2:42pm On Mar 25, 2021
Quit your teaching job with no delay . I quit mine after so many years of procrastination and the quality of my life a year after is better than my 6years as a teacher.
What u need to no is invest ur time in knowing the business . Meet those who are into it learn from them and certain secret will be review to u .
Don't just jump into it without taking a training from those in it . I repeat .
And start little .wit time u no how to handle various challenges that comes with the nature of the business .
Your idea of quiting is d best . God luck bro

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by Ayodelejohn2018(m): 2:43pm On Mar 25, 2021
Good one
But know that block industry require absolute monitoring oooo
Just be careful
Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by Vaughanlanrewaj: 2:44pm On Mar 25, 2021
Francisayo:

Thanks

Go and work in one block moulding enterprise located in your current location first. If not, I guarantee you that you will lose the whole N500K and still be in debt.
You remind me of a friend who started a bakery and resigned. He didn't know that to get ordinary N100 profit in bread business may require sleepless night in the bakery and your employees know that you are a greenhorn so they will do some mediocre stuffs that will escape your detection. It was too late he even realised he was working for the flour , sugar and butter merchants. You may end up working for the cement and sand merchants if you are not careful.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by SpaceAngel: 2:44pm On Mar 25, 2021
I would have advised you to resign due to poor pay, but when I saw that you collected loan for a business you are still researching on, l guess you still have to hang on a bit.
If it's possible to run the business while teaching, it's best, so when it starts sustaining itself, you can now resign.

This will enable you to offset the loan without much worry assuming the business doesn't go as planned.
Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by eazyduzit: 2:45pm On Mar 25, 2021
Only if you're in the North,I would have advised u to buy grains and store them for like 3 months from now and see what a millionaire you'll be in 3 months time.You will keep your job and invest your money, you'll end up cashing out big.
Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by COdeGenesis: 2:45pm On Mar 25, 2021
BigSarah:
With the rising cost of cement not advisable, moreover this is raining season before real sales start would take a couple more months.. Eh what do I know

But BigSarah. This is where the opportunity lies.
Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 25, 2021
there is no bad timing to quit a teaching job.
I quit mine and I never regretted it, well except some days when I remembered the day I began the job
Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by GorillaApp(m): 2:48pm On Mar 25, 2021
BigSarah:
With the rising cost of cement not advisable, moreover this is raining season before real sales start would take a couple more months.. Eh what do I know
Valid

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Have You Been Shouted At By A Subordinate At Work Before? / How To Cope With A 9 To 5 When You Are Not A Morning Person / What's Affecting My Productivity? My Mindset, My Location, Or My Village People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.