Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,084 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? (15460 Views)

I Want To Quit My Teaching Job: Advice Needed / Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business / Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? by Witnesstony28: 8:45am On Dec 03, 2021
I am faced with the choices of staying at my present place of work or doing my bike business full-time.

If you remember I narrated how my place of work is under paying me (30k/month) and I was able to save 10k on monthly basis from it and I got a loan from my girl's mum and added to get a bike to ride after work (a secondary School).

I stay in the School compound without paying rent and others utility bills.

So on the 1st of this month the owner called and told me that because of the School reputation, they wouldn't want their teacher doing bike work and that it's either I resign from the School or drop the bike (alternatively I should find someone's going to do the bike business for me and bring me returns).

At The initial point I wanted giving it to someone, but on a second thought, I decided to do it by myself cos one person I asked to do it was telling me he will pay 1k/day meanwhile when I go out after work, I normally make like 2k - 3k from 3pm to 6pm and the guy is telling me he will remit 1k for working from 7am to 6pm.

Now I need advice on this. Cos I have been thinking of quiting and focusing on the bike work for the moment. I make way pass 6k on a good day but at that school we are paid 1k/ day.

My only challenge now is getting accommodation to pack out and focus on my stuff. I have also thought about entering into transport business since I started this bike work and I also intend going into delivery business too.

Pls what do I do?

Lalastica pls can you help me post to FP so I could get more opinions.

Thanks .

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? by Evaloyal2J(f): 8:52am On Dec 03, 2021
You see private school work, you go grow grey hairs there. Good enough you have saved to get a byke and you can do it yourself. The only challenge is accommodation. Look for a means even if it's to manage with a trusted friend or colleague and start running your byke business. That way you'll save enough and expand.

109 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? by dominique(f): 8:58am On Dec 03, 2021
Look for someone else to give the bike to and the person must remit no less than 3k daily.
If you can be making more than 3k for a few hours work, one crook now wants to be remitting only 1k after a full day's work. He must be ment. Before releasing the bike, make sure an undertaken at the police station with a guarantor you can easily trace. Too many criminals out there and they're the ones quick to shout no jobs.

After you've comfortably saved enough money, you can now decide if you want to quit or continue running both. I would personally advise you remain on the job. Economy is not smiling right now, it's very risky to rely on one means of income.

97 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 03, 2021
Bad belle dem go spoil your bike and return am back to you.Na you fit maintain your property.You are in a dilemma right now.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? by autolearner: 1:08pm On Dec 03, 2021
The real questions are as follows:

1. What exactly do you want to do? Do you see a path in being a teacher? Is your Salary stable?

2. What is the cost of rent around the area where you operate or plan to run the bike?

3. If you don't see your yourself being a teacher in the long term, can you stay disciplined to raise the funds you need to pursue your dream from riding the bike fulltime, albeit for a short time?

4. If conservatively, you make circa 4k daily from riding bike - If you do this for 22 days in a month - this is me saying your weekends are to yourself, family and to develop skills for the future, you'd do 88k. Can you sustain yourself on half of this every month? Because it makes no sense to earn 30k from it, when you can easily double it.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? by christejames(m): 1:08pm On Dec 03, 2021
Follow Evaloyal2j advice, this private schools just want to milk you of every knowledge in you before pushing you away without gratuity or thank you parting gifts.

I will say, delve into it fully for the main time with a set target to have a tricycle, once you into that you can now look into the bigger picture of owning a bus or car in the nearest future. It's obvious you will make it in the transport field...

You can always get back to the 'white collars' in future and by this time you will come back better because you should have developed yourself better and honed your skills for the best with lots of experiences.

I as a person is fed up with working for someone, this is my last month with my present company, it's fun here and cool and all that but once I travel for Christmas no coming back, won't even write a resignation letter. I know they will surely miss me and be shocked but man got to be on his own.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? by brosom(m): 1:08pm On Dec 03, 2021
Teach from 8am to 2pm

Bike form 3pm to 6pm

3 Likes

Re: Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? by Dangrace01: 1:09pm On Dec 03, 2021
Omo
Re: Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? by cbrezy(m): 1:09pm On Dec 03, 2021
shocked
Re: Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? by Dollywood(m): 1:09pm On Dec 03, 2021
Don't make a mistake of quitting your teaching job, because you still get free accommodation from them. If you quit you can't afford to find a new apartment and hope to reply on bike riding, do you even consider the stress? Find someone to jack you bike and give you returns even if it is 2k daily. And hope they don't mismanage your bike, that's where you gats need to strict on anyone riding your bike. if you notice any small crack on it, give am stern warning that's going to send shivers to his spine.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? by slawormiir: 1:09pm On Dec 03, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Quit that hell of a job son

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? by adisabarber(m): 1:09pm On Dec 03, 2021
Give the Okada out until you can save money for house rent

Witnesstony28:
I am faced with the choices of staying at my present place of work or doing my bike business full-time.

If you remember I narrated how my place of work is under paying me (30k/month) and I was able to save 10k on monthly basis from it and I got a loan from my girl's mum and added to get a bike to ride after work (a secondary School).

So on the 1st of this month the owner called and told me that because of the School reputation, they wouldn't want their teacher doing bike work and that it's either I resign from the School or drop the bike (alternatively I should find someone's going to do the bike business for me and bring me returns).

At The initial point I wanted giving it to someone, but on a second thought, I decided to do it by myself cos one person I asked to do it was telling me he will pay 1k/day meanwhile when I go out after work, I normally make like 2k - 3k from 3pm to 6pm and the guy is telling me he will remit 1k for working from 7am to 6pm.

Now I need advice on this. Cos I have been thinking of quiting and focusing on the bike work for the moment. I make way pass 6k on a good day but at that school we are paid 1k/ day.

My only challenge now is getting accommodation to pack out and focus on my stuff. I have also thought about entering into transport business since I started this bike work and I also intend going into delivery business too.

Pls what do I do?

Thanks .

2 Likes

Re: Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? by Optimistguy1969: 1:09pm On Dec 03, 2021
Una don too dey ask unecessary questions here o.

Una go take our advise after una read am?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? by candidbabe(f): 1:10pm On Dec 03, 2021
angry
Re: Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? by RealLordZeus(m): 1:10pm On Dec 03, 2021
Go for the bike but have a solid plan to quit within a year or less of constant saving and venture into a more respectable biz or start buying bike for ppl on hire purchase..

You see that your proprietor... he dey ment

But nonetheless, bike riding job go make you look seventy at thirty years... so like i said earlier make solid plan to japa after a year else you will be stuck in the cycle and you may later regret

Alternatively
You can be riding the bike at a far away location

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? by emmanuelbrown26: 1:10pm On Dec 03, 2021
Op, from your statement, it means the major challenge u have right now on the byke business is accomodation. And for u to hv accomodation issue while u are working means that u need to step up your game
Either u look for somebody that will ride it for u for HIRE PURCHASE.
Or somebody that can be remitting Atleast 1500, since if u ride it btw 3-6pm u make 3k.
Pls bear it in mind that with that salary of yours, my brother u go work till u tire without anything to show for it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? by floss(m): 1:10pm On Dec 03, 2021
Just imagine...
Don't you have a wife ?.... okay even if you are not yet married don't you have parents, brothers and sisters?
Don't you have a good friend around you?,
Definitely you must have neighbors around

All these people are there for you to ask but you chose to ignore them running to this place just to tell the world how and where you rest your head to sleep.
Social media have made some of us forget they were given wisdom by God... nowadays we are getting stuffs like this on Nairaland.
Okay even if the Op is confused, your pastor, Imam or spiritual director is there to help you make your choice.
Assuming there was no bike around for you won't you go with the teaching job?... likewise if the teaching job wasn't there won't you carry on with your bike business?

I'm 101% certain that OP already knows what to do but still chose to come here, I no know why we like announcement for this country too much.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? by nzeobi(m): 1:10pm On Dec 03, 2021
Focus on the bike but give yourself a target that it won't be a permanent something

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? by Oyiboman69: 1:11pm On Dec 03, 2021
Face the bike work...there's nothing like independence, but as for you occupying their premises, only you can decide that....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? by marsup: 1:11pm On Dec 03, 2021
Hold on until you can get an accommodation of your own. When you do, you can quit your job and concentrate on your business.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? by TimeTraveller: 1:12pm On Dec 03, 2021
Bro, continue the teaching job and work with your bike part time.

Spend the hours you are a teacher to do your job excellently, while searching for something better. In the evenings, do bike runs for 3 or 4 hours and go back home to your family.

Build wealth gradually with peace of mind. No be by power.
Re: Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? by bigpicture001: 1:12pm On Dec 03, 2021
If u do the bike work full time.. u will also lose ur girl and her mum support.. ladies love selense lifestyle, even if it pays u less... But ur a man and gats a life to build..

If u don't take in challenges head on.. what happened to me will happen to u..?
Re: Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? by XOGBADO(m): 1:12pm On Dec 03, 2021
Please answer this question sincerely
Assuming you decide to quit your teaching job now, can you afford the money to rent your own apartment?
Re: Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? by Robisky001(m): 1:13pm On Dec 03, 2021
I just book this space in case, anybody wan buy an.
Re: Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? by abobote: 1:13pm On Dec 03, 2021
If you are sure, you can make up 3 to 5k daily, then leave the teaching job and focus fully on the bike. But make sure you save enough to upgrade after 1yr, maybe to uber
Re: Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? by tritt(m): 1:14pm On Dec 03, 2021
Bro i pray you get something better in the nearest future. Mehn life no easy for some sha. but las las we go smile. More grease to your elbow.

Witnesstony28:

Pls what do I do?

Thanks .

2 Likes

Re: Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? by habsydiamond(m): 1:14pm On Dec 03, 2021
More income is better than one income ooo... If money no come through one, it will come through the other. God forbid bad thing if u face the bike biz squarely what if u are ill and ur illness can not make u ride that means u will not eat for that day. The best thing is to look for a trustworthy u can give ur bike to at a good price of delivery and be running the two at once.. If u save 10 from ur teaching job together with 2k on daily basis for a month that should be around 70plus.. Some bankers no collect that kind of money ooo..

3 Likes

Re: Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? by eherbal(m): 1:14pm On Dec 03, 2021
Which useless reputation are they protecting? 1k a day? Are they surgically or clinically mad? I see it as envy,cause your monthly turn over may be more than that of the principal. Its not as if your hustle is conflicting with their work schedule. Bros,try fund somewhere shook head. Before one year, to go offset that bike loan and be avke to rent a decent apartment for yourself. While hustling, try to brush up your certificates and upgrade. Time was for man grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? by bosschinalu(m): 1:14pm On Dec 03, 2021
I understand what you are facing at the moment. Please do you have any savings that can get you a small apartment? The bike business is lucrative but very hazardous. I'd prefer you keep the school job, have someone pay you 2k daily and the person handles maintenance of the bike.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman / The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com / Paystack Sacks 33 Employees In Dubai & Europe - CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.