Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? (33336 Views)

"I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" / Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work / 15k Salary Job....life After Graduation Is Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 25, 2021
Good evening.

How long did it take you to get a good job after GRADUATION and NYSC?

If you have a story or words of encouragement you can feel free to drop it too.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by oghalebros(m): 7:55pm On Mar 25, 2021
For me I'm still searching for like 5years now. if you have connection it won't take this far.

156 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by lilvicky68(m): 7:59pm On Mar 25, 2021
The question should be what's the idea of a good job.. for some a good job can be 50k per month while others 5m per month..the main thing is how you spend your salary no matter how small or big it is and your level of contentment..

106 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Rickbronz(m): 8:18pm On Mar 25, 2021
If you graduate from a university and you come out looking for someone to employ you, then you are one of the problems of this country. With the knowledge and enlightenment you've gained from school, you should be the one employing and empowering people.
There are several businesses one can start building now which requires little capital but with a potential for massive returns in the long run.

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Anigreat: 8:27pm On Mar 25, 2021
shocked

It has not been easy with me.
But i am not giving up, i still believe that God has something great for me.

21 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by timibare(m): 9:17pm On Mar 25, 2021
Rickbronz:
If you graduate from a university and you come out looking for someone to employ you, then you are one of the problems of this country. With the knowledge and enlightenment you've gained from school, you should be the one employing and empowering people.
There are several businesses one can start building now which requires little capital but with a potential for massive returns in the long run.
my fwend will u keep quiet

732 Likes 54 Shares

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 25, 2021
Hmmm

3 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Lifeandstyle(f): 9:54pm On Mar 25, 2021
On God... it’s not been easy though

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by obamartins(m): 10:03pm On Mar 25, 2021
I no see good job o, so I created one for myself.

Edited:
The link below should help someone who is ready, follow my route:
https://www.nairaland.com/4976309/unemployment-how-been-surviving-after/15#89159493

25 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by WoundedLamb: 10:19pm On Mar 25, 2021
Can't remember but it was almost one month counting from the time I actually started searching cause I'd earlier gone on vacation to cool off after my final exams. Some of my classmates were picked by on-campus recruiters that arrived after I had already traveled. I felt bad but today, I'm happy things went that way. Years later, I was back in search of talents.

11 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by wevy(f): 10:19pm On Mar 25, 2021
7 years later..got my first 6 figure paying job. All those years of experience on low paying jobs eventually paid off.

To those saying start a business, not everyone is cut out to be an entrepreneur. Some people do better as part of a system!

287 Likes 21 Shares

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by GoldenJAT(m): 10:39pm On Mar 25, 2021
Rickbronz:
So the people you will employ! Didn't they go to school? Or they are not educated?
You know nothing! Must everyone create jobs? who will then work for who? BIG BABY!

266 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by flokii: 11:14pm On Mar 25, 2021
Rickbronz:

Motivational speakers dem.. lori iro

I hope you have a conglomerate yourself with the kind of advice you're dishing out.

209 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Vick4rill(m): 11:50pm On Mar 25, 2021
Rickbronz:
this type of idiats annoy me l swear,,, do u even have any idea on talents and individual capabilities? is it every business person that is making it in this country? ask him for a little assistance for capital now and he will still type another gibberish

181 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 11:53pm On Mar 25, 2021
[quote author=House1411 post=100210322]hey good evening. how long did it take you to get a good job after GRADUATION and NYSC ?
If you have a story or words of encouragement you can feel free to drop it too[/quote). It is well

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Michelle55: 3:29am On Mar 26, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
poverty mentality. Why can't u be doing business now and help employ ur mates ? Look for a mentor to train u, then start something. Working for someone is a sign that u need deliverance in poverty mentality. Apostle'joshua Selman and Steve harris can cure u
Don't be offended oh, how many people have you employed since you started your own company?

You seem to have forgotten that all fingers ain't equals and one needs to start from somewhere, so what has poverty mentality got to do with job opportunities?

Kuku employ me because I'm looking for a job too( and please make it a 6figures salary too)

The person that would mentor him, didn't he start from somewhere or he/she became a mentor from their mom's womb?

Let us always take time to assimilate topics before commenting to avoid unnecessary remarks.

138 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Michelle55: 3:33am On Mar 26, 2021
Rickbronz:
Osheeyy, baddest! Awon motivational speakers!
Please make sure you've gotten like 5 companies attached to your name and have about a thousand employees before making someone else look this bad for voicing his thoughts.
It's the likes of you that pushed people into depression, making them feel like they haven't achieved anything yet in life.

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by BigBizzy(m): 5:46am On Mar 26, 2021
Rickbronz:

you're wrong sir

19 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by namiji2598: 6:05am On Mar 26, 2021
This is my third year in the labour market, and my salary is 15K

Southerners think say northerners dey get job i'mmediately after graduation
My people all these sh**ts are propagandas

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by SocialJustice: 6:41am On Mar 26, 2021
11 years and counting.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Venerable612(m): 7:09am On Mar 26, 2021
House1411:
hey good evening. how long did it take you to get a good job after GRADUATION and NYSC ?
If you have a story or words of encouragement you can feel free to drop it too

OP it took me 2 (two) weeks back then.

Finished Law School in Nigeria - I was going by flight to Abuja for the call to bar ceremony.

I just asked the young lady in front of my seat if she was going to Bwari as well - as I needed company in the chartered taxi.

Turns out she was 10 years at the bar already! And was working with the Securities & Exchange Commission. OMG she looks so young, even till date, you will never tell.

Long story short we exchanged contact. Told her I needed a job in Abuja and I wanted to run away from the hussle and bustle of lagos.

She asked me to send my CV. OP, this woman sent my CV to almost all the Big Corporate Law Firms in Nigeria - and I got emails from about 5 of them. It was now just a matter of choice for me - but I later decided to settle fr Lagos because that was where the real Banking & Finance legal works was really Practiced.

Might I add that I Made First Class both in my Under grad (LLB) and at the Nigerian Law School (BL) - so perhaps that was a factor.

Moral:
Always be confident to speak with people about your job need, even the person sitting next to you in church - in a bus - restaurant etc. But I guess again it's boils down to your conversation and social skills. There are books you can get online on how to improve your social skills (see e.g. How To Win Friends and influence People by Dale Carnegie).

This approach helped me a lot when I was seeking internships back then - in some instances, I literally sent random Inmail to industry experts in my field on LinkedIn. Many times the traditional online applications and sending of CVs just may not be enough.

Hope this helps someone out there. Thanks smiley

224 Likes 16 Shares

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by nakaman: 7:17am On Mar 26, 2021
in summary

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 26, 2021
Rickbronz:
Mention the business one can start with a low capital and that can grow up to become a Dangote

27 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by BigDawsNet: 8:36am On Mar 26, 2021
Got a job a year after but it's really not reasonable for me so I had to follow plan B

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by hakeem4(m): 9:21am On Mar 26, 2021
8 months

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by MufasaLion: 9:21am On Mar 26, 2021
wevy:
7 years later..got my first 6 figure paying job. All those years of experience on low paying jobs eventually paid off.

To those saying start a business, not everyone is cut out to be an entrepreneur. Some people do better as part of a system!

RT!

7 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by engrchykae(m): 9:35am On Mar 26, 2021
Rickbronz:
its not like graduates don't know what business to go into,it's availability of funds to start,if I had 400k back then,I would have employed like 10 people at least whom I will pay at least 50k per month in palm kernel business

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 26, 2021
BrainSanitizer:

How do you define a good job?
Enough to enable to afford good housing, feed and enable you work towards your own dreams

7 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by merieam16(f): 11:13am On Mar 26, 2021
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Bestlily(f): 12:03pm On Mar 26, 2021
it's taking too long.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Some Tough Interview Questions And Their Answers / INEC 2023 Election Adhoc Staff Recruitment Deployment And Availability Form / NGC Unltd:real Or Fake?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.