Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

"I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" (38496 Views)

The Following Positions Are Open In My Engineering Firm / 15k Salary Job....life After Graduation Is Hell / How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by Excober08: 1:40pm On Jul 11, 2022
"I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation"

Dayo and Rukayat Studied Engineering at a University in kwara State. They were both Classmates and after Five years of Studying hard, they both graduated. After graduation, Fate took them through different paths of life.

5 Years later, Rukayat after much frustration of securing a job, ended up as a Secretary in a Building firm earning 50,000 Naira monthly.

Meanwhile, Dayo on the other hand, couldn't Secure a Job and ended up a Taxi Driver, He makes At least 5,000 daily and if he works for only 20 days in a month, He makes 100,000 Naira that month.

One Evening, Rukayat closed from work and was at the bus stop waiting for taxi when Dayo stopped. She hopped in when she discovered the taxi was going her way but little did she know it was Dayo. All through the journey, she was lost in her Phone.

She reached her bus Stop and after alighting, just when she was about paying, she took a look at the driver and their eyes met, wow! They were both happy.

"Is this you?" they both asked themselves simultaneously as if they planned it. Rukayat gave him money but Dayo insisted she keep it. He was happy to see her and for old time sake, he left the money for her even when she insisted that she wanted to pay. They both exchanged contact and left.

Well, Rukayat went home that night and was lost in thought. Not as if Dayo was looking bad but Dayo driving Taxi? She couldn't wrap her head around it. She Pitied him. Felt Sorry for him. If Dayo had allowed her she would have paid him and beg him to keep the change.

Little did she know that, Dayo actually has another Taxi running for him, He is a Land owner and he is planning on developing it soon. But because he was driving a Taxi, She felt Pity for him.

On the other hand, Dayo felt sorry for himself too. Before he slept that night, he remembered Rukayat, how neatly she dressed and nice she smells, "She must be earning over 300,000 Naira per month" he said to himself. He felt ashamed, He felt like a failure and he felt she was way ahead of him financially and otherwise.

Little did he know that, If Rukayat removes the transportation fare and feeding money from her monthly salary, it will take her at least 3 Months to earn what he earns monthly.

Sadly, this could be some of our reality, you measure your progress and success with that of your friends, Classmates and Relatives even with very limited information you have about them.

You think yours is worse because you look dirtier, you think yours is worse because you are not on Corporate wears, you think yours is worse because the other person acts and looks Nicer.

Stay Focused and Face your life. It's not a competition. Stop Comparing things, you don't have the full picture. Every one is running on his own lane. Be contented.

Be focused�.

410 Likes 43 Shares

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by Fahdiga(m): 1:43pm On Jul 11, 2022
A true life story. Only the wise will learn from it.

216 Likes 11 Shares

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 11, 2022
There was a church an evangelist invited me to worship.He told me he would also get me a job.After some time,I stopped going to the church because they always preach about donation to the poor members.Me too be poor member but I no dey receive anything.Na so I see my guy dey ride Keke napep for Ikeja.I dey busttop dey wait to enter him kekenap.Na so he swerve and turn face.I don see you before you swerve O.

135 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by OperationalVehi: 2:22pm On Jul 11, 2022
for those who are unable to read the total post.

Dayo is a graduate. He became a taxi driver after years of unsuccessfully trying to get a white collar job.
Rukayat is a graduate of Kwasu, same university and year just like Dayo. She earns 50,000k at the end of the month.
Dayo on the other hand earns over 100,000k at the end of the month and already has alot of properties compared to Sister Rukayat.

Sister Rukayat feels sorry for brother Dayo for being a taxi driver after all the years of studying to become an engineer. Why is he now engineering a taxi ? little did she know Dayo earns better than she does.
Dayo is sad about his own progress because he is oblivious of Rukayat's earning. He feels he has failed because his thoughts are premised on Rukayat's "soft look".

moral... your perspective might be wrong

267 Likes 23 Shares

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by Emperoo: 2:24pm On Jul 11, 2022
That happens frequently in life..

4 Likes

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by franchasofficia: 3:47pm On Jul 11, 2022
Op it doesn't matter, one of my course mates also did conductor and rode keke after graduation but today he is an American citizen and have a great career that earns him around $80,000 annual.

Life is in stages and phases, nobody can predict the outcome of life in 30 years from today, so whatever you find yourself doing for a living, so long as it is legitimate, please do it diligently for it is just a stage and a phase in your life which will definitely pass away.

180 Likes 14 Shares

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by Rickmann: 4:02pm On Jul 11, 2022
Excober08:

Dayo and Rukayat Studied Engineering at a University in kwara State. They were both Classmates and after Five years of Studying hard, they both graduated. After graduation, Fate took them through different paths of life.

5 Years later, Rukayat after much frustration of securing a job, ended up as a Secretary in a Building firm earning 50,000 Naira monthly.

Meanwhile, Dayo on the other hand, couldn't Secure a Job and ended up a Taxi Driver, He makes At least 5,000 daily and if he works for only 20 days in a month, He makes 100,000 Naira that month.

One Evening, Rukayat closed from work and was at the bus stop waiting for taxi when Dayo stopped. She hopped in when she discovered the taxi was going her way but little did she know it was Dayo. All through the journey, she was lost in her Phone.

She reached her bus Stop and after alighting, just when she was about paying, she took a look at the driver and their eyes met, wow! They were both happy.

"Is this you?" they both asked themselves simultaneously as if they planned it. Rukayat gave him money but Dayo insisted she keep it. He was happy to see her and for old time sake, he left the money for her even when she insisted that she wanted to pay. They both exchanged contact and left.

Well, Rukayat went home that night and was lost in thought. Not as if Dayo was looking bad but Dayo driving Taxi? She couldn't wrap her head around it. She Pitied him. Felt Sorry for him. If Dayo had allowed her she would have paid him and beg him to keep the change.

Little did she know that, Dayo actually has another Taxi running for him, He is a Land owner and he is planning on developing it soon. But because he was driving a Taxi, She felt Pity for him.

On the other hand, Dayo felt sorry for himself too. Before he slept that night, he remembered Rukayat, how neatly she dressed and nice she smells, "She must be earning over 300,000 Naira per month" he said to himself. He felt ashamed, He felt like a failure and he felt she was way ahead of him financially and otherwise.

Little did he know that, If Rukayat removes the transportation fare and feeding money from her monthly salary, it will take her at least 3 Months to earn what he earns monthly.

Sadly, this could be some of our reality, you measure your progress and success with that of your friends, Classmates and Relatives even with very limited information you have about them.

You think yours is worse because you look dirtier, you think yours is worse because you are not on Corporate wears, you think yours is worse because the other person acts and looks Nicer.

Stay Focused and Face your life. It's not a competition. Stop Comparing things, you don't have the full picture. Every one is running on his own lane. Be contented.

Be focused�.

The problem with Nigerians is that they still haven't accepted the realities of this country, that everyone can't do white-collar jobs.

76 Likes 10 Shares

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by artworks1: 4:04pm On Jul 11, 2022
Excober08:

Stop misleading people like it's one hell of a smooth and easy ride for keke napep riders.
You buy fuel, you fix your keke, you pay for ticket and what about the stress? No be money you go spend take fix all these things?

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by kenearth50(m): 4:22pm On Jul 11, 2022
artworks1:

Stop misleading people like it's one hell of a smooth and easy ride for keke napep riders.
You buy fuel, you fix your keke, you pay for ticket and what about the stress? No be money you go spend take fix all these things?

No be money dem take dey find money?

And he was talking about taxi-riders and not Keke napep.

Even at that, I still know people who make 4k daily from Keke napep after meeting their daily target.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by Christane: 4:23pm On Jul 11, 2022
or the OP na keke rider?

3 Likes

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by OperationalVehi: 5:07pm On Jul 11, 2022
Christane:
or the OP na keke rider?
e dey try motivate hin sef na grin

7 Likes

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by Eazie351(m): 5:14pm On Jul 11, 2022
Moral lesson: Don't study engineering at a university in kwara state, you'll either be a secretary or a keke driver.

121 Likes 10 Shares

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by Kriely(m): 5:49pm On Jul 11, 2022
Vote BAT 2023 to take Nigeria to another level.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by Oyindamolah: 5:58pm On Jul 11, 2022
artworks1:

tell them dey don't know

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by Christane: 6:02pm On Jul 11, 2022
OperationalVehi:
e dey try motivate hin sef na grin
lol ...I get d mata ...

1 Like

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by Adliperd: 6:07pm On Jul 11, 2022
Rukayat went home that night and was lost in thought. Not as if Dayo was looking bad but Dayo driving Taxi? She couldn't wrap her head around it. She Pitied him. Felt Sorry for him. If Dayo had allowed her she would have paid him and beg him to keep the change.

Explain how u get this information jare. grin Miss mind reader

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by Gadafii: 6:23pm On Jul 11, 2022
I know of a boy that rides marwa in my neighbor, when I wanted to buy marwa then I met him

He told me the only beauty of buying marwa is if you are the one that wants to ride it without giving it out, else them drivers go reap you die

He makes around 10k on a bad day, he services the marwa himself, drives with caution to avoid the marwa breaking down. Raining season he makes more, this young boy already have a land and a structure on it in calabar, he plans to buy more marwa or bus when they house is almost complete

I envied him secretly, because with my white collar job I was barely earning half of what he earns in a month

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by Laird(m): 6:40pm On Jul 11, 2022
DONT LET THE OP DECEIVE YOU

All this rubbish meaningless motivational talk encouraging mediocrity. If all graduates start driving tricycles or taxis or start hawking, those business will become crowded and saturated and prices will drop to unsustainable levels and even those who don't have access to education would not have that options.
Let us stop.getting used to and justifying suffering and government failure. How may South African Engineers are driving tricycles. How may South African Software engineers are driving taxis

No economy is built by low level service jobs. Nigeria as a country has crude oil and we don't produce enough millions of petrol for daily consumption and the government cannot galvanize companies to produce and refine enough petroleum from the crude.oil.and in the process employ engineers. We have serious infrastructure deficit of roads, buildings and houses and seaports and electricity and the government cannot galvanize companies to solve these.problems.and.in the process employ engineers.

Engineering, software,. healthcare, infrastructure is the basis of the economy and a middle class who can afford goods.
Nigeria has population but contributes very little revenue to most big corporations because of poor.purchasing power.
Dstv; Biggest Market; South Africa
Music; Nigeria is not among the first 20 biggest music spenders in the world

Facebook; America and Europe.. Nigerian's use it but are not even top 40 customers by country

Same with Google, Twitter , likely Instagram too

Even Iroko online video does not get sufficient Nigerian country customers but Customers from American, Europe and Canada

Why are things getting more expensive. Because we import everything in dollars

Petroleum
Wheat
Used Cars
Medicine
Medical Laboratory equipment
Power genrators

We have science and agriculture graduates that should be employed if the government had put the right companies to locally manufacture these items and create jobs.

Those graduates will buy cars, houses , pay fees, open side business etc thereby forming a middle class who build the economy and create wealth

81 Likes 11 Shares

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by Laird(m): 6:43pm On Jul 11, 2022
To add

Prices of goods go up most times because we don't produce them

Those companies are meant to be established here and produce items and reduce imports and reduce dollar demand and also create jobs for Nigerian graduates.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by Nicepoker(m): 7:46pm On Jul 11, 2022
OperationalVehi:

Dayo is a graduate. He became a taxi driver after years of unsuccessfully trying to get a white collar job.
Rukayat is a graduate of Kwasu, same university and year just like Dayo. She earns 50,000k at the end of the month.
Dayo on the other hand earns over 100,000k at the end of the month and already has alot of properties compared to Sister Rukayat.

Sister Rukayat feels sorry for brother Dayo for being a taxi driver after all the years of studying to become an engineer. Why is he now engineering a taxi ? little did she know Dayo earns better than she does.
Dayo is sad about his own progress because he is oblivious of Rukayat's earning. He feels, he has failed because his thoughts are premised on Rukayat's "soft look".

your summary is as if you are writing the part 2 of the story.

6 Likes

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by wonder233: 8:03pm On Jul 11, 2022
Don't mind these stereotypes people are peddling. A keke driver doesn't earn shyt. A danfo driver doesn't earn zilch, an uber driver doesn't earn nothing. You just toil and toil and whatever you make goes into repairs and maintenance. I have driven uber before, my own car, sharp tokunbo. I did it diligently for 2years. I realised it was a fruitless job. The app companies just use you as slave labour, people in the larger society think you're making mad money all because of a stereotype someone said a long time ago when it newly came out. Till date, ignorant people still argue with me ontop something I personally had experience on. The sooner we realise transportation isn't one gold mine, the better for everyone cos it is making people mentally lazy, any small thing, people will go and get corolla to be doing uber, keke or okada to be driving.
Actual productivity, brain work, tangible skills are superior to these driving jobs
artworks1:

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by SimplePlan34: 8:07pm On Jul 11, 2022
So
Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by Warlord12(m): 8:08pm On Jul 11, 2022
B
Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by FalseProphet1(m): 8:08pm On Jul 11, 2022
Most Keke routs are N100, multiplied by 4 passengers is N400, (remember that they buy ticket of 2k everyday) how many trips would you go with N400 to make it 5k...that's about 12 trips and you'd still have to buy fuel and remove 2k for your ticket. You'd be left with less than 2k.

You should also remember that upon reaching your destination with your passengers you'd have to queue up and wait for your turn before you can reload.

It's almost impossible to make such amount in this Buhari's government.

This I have seen.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by LuxInnovation1: 8:08pm On Jul 11, 2022
grin
Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by Osatarris: 8:08pm On Jul 11, 2022
Back in 2015, You voted an incompetent dunce a.k.a Mannequin at 21 years old

In 2019, you are now in your mid 20s, But the only thing increasing about you is your AGE, you still proceeded to vote for the 'Greatest Catastrophé' to continue being president

Murasi, sogbo?

2023 is around the corner, If you like vote old cargos with no vision(You know them)

Your 30s will be wasted and at 40, you will have nothing to show for it

Don't waste your life, don't waste your Children's future... Be warned.

I am not here to tell you who to vote for, use your number 6 and avoid desperate greedy old bastards who are there to fufill a mere personal ambition before they die.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by ipobarecriminals: 8:09pm On Jul 11, 2022
cool nonsense! U only PITY people in a PIT.Not all of us go work in bank,ELF,TEXACO,MOBIL.A graduate is driving Bolt and live in 3 bedroom flat.Hard work doesn't KILL,it REFINE.Graduate are doing laundry work,some dey drive train in Europe etc.

A challenge to those of u that cum here to do ALMAJIRI with ur bowl(story).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by merits(m): 8:09pm On Jul 11, 2022
Excober08:

Be focused�.

Me I don't care so far I can see corn, agbado and cassava chop daily am ok.

Please did anyone know when 50 million youth recruitment into Nigerian army going to commence?

2 Likes

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by christejames(m): 8:09pm On Jul 11, 2022
Nigeria happened to him just like it did to most of us cry...

Since he is happy and getting his daily bread from there is what matters for now so he could recoup some energy and join the forces as we push this oldies politicians from power come 2023
Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by erico2k2(m): 8:09pm On Jul 11, 2022
OperationalVehi:

Dayo is sad about his own progress because he is oblivious of Rukayat's earning. He feels, he has failed because his thoughts are premised on Rukayat's "soft look".

Unfortunately this is the sad reality in Nigeria today where men shy away from working with their hands. But reach Europe they will work with thier hands.

3 Likes

Re: "I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" by Judolisco(m): 8:09pm On Jul 11, 2022
True life story for Abuja... Almost all graduates Don turn uber drivers finish... There's dignity in labour... The sleep of a man who labour is sweet, whether he eats big or small

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How One Act Of Kindness Secured Him His Dream Job / More Than 23,862 Npower Beneficiaries Disqualified And More To Follow+video / Elites Community Initiative (corps) Of Nigeria (ECI)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.