Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,434 members, 7,826,682 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 (57354 Views)

National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 / Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 / President Jonathan Predicts Stable Electricity By April 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Dave6: 2:03pm On Apr 16, 2011
Quote from Mariory
"Corpers driven away from PU in Rigasa Kaduna. CPC members running the elections . #NigeriaDecides

@purefoyCNN" "Buhari people are sharing money oh. Just saw 10  buses  loaded with people collecting N1 ,000  per person as they get  down@purefoyCNN" https://twitter.com/seunakioye
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by emekagh(m): 2:05pm On Apr 16, 2011
Evil Brain:

At themy polling centre in Surulere, most of the PDP voters are fat ibo women.

Stu.pid cows. It looks like it's going to be close.

Be civil. It's people like you that blame others for their own mistakes.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by skelemba: 2:08pm On Apr 16, 2011
For your news update and hottest gist; follow @mypages10 on twitter.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Mortiple(m): 2:19pm On Apr 16, 2011
I just voted! GOODLUCK all the way. This is not about PDP. I want to give GEJ benefit of the doubt because the saint you know is better than the Angel you don't know.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by jschneider: 2:21pm On Apr 16, 2011
Mortiple,

I think a lot of people will be voting using that logic today.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Mariory(m): 2:22pm On Apr 16, 2011
"A confirmed report reaching me from 2 PUs in another ward states that LP and PDP agents are trying to convince other party agents to agree the sharing of ballot papers for mass thumb printing. The deal has not being concluded. The PUs are: 28/18/09/003 and 004."
http://pollwatch2011.com/reports/view/1571

"OTHRs Myself and my partner were harassed at ifaki 2 polling unit 6 by town hall ogbon iro. Former governor segun oni was identified at d seen and was seen to av given orders for ur harassment saying de dont want observers around. Tension is very high at ifaki and we were told to leave immediatly. Yele from ifaki ekiti"
http://pollwatch2011.com/reports/view/1567
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by gbengress1: 2:25pm On Apr 16, 2011
GEJ supporters are enjoying on nairaland whereas BB supporters were busy voting, LOL,
BB all d way!
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Seun(m): 2:29pm On Apr 16, 2011
"Election advice: Don’t disclose the candidate U voted for to anybody (especially if you are based in a location that seems to have a lot fanatical supporters to prevent reprisal attacks if their candidate loses out. Pls vote SHEKARAU as the new Information minister(lol).Wishing U a pleasant voting experience."
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Seun(m): 2:32pm On Apr 16, 2011
"Oops she did it again! First lady ,Dame Jonathan said to journalist: "Are you going to show us 'alive' on the TV #NigeriaDecides #PlessYaHand" Seyi Oshinyemi on Facebook
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by isquar3d3(m): 2:36pm On Apr 16, 2011
christian purefoy don dey kolo o. 9ja madness don enta him head. CPC sef dey rig o. Shame on Buhari. At least since hs supporters wil readily blame jonathan evn wen he hs nt mandated any1 2 rig 4 him, we cn also blame him 4 his supporters indiscretn. I vote Ribadu so im as neutral as dey come. (as if Ribadu no b candidate). Hehehe.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by agabaI23(m): 2:40pm On Apr 16, 2011
Seun:

"Election advice: Don’t disclose the candidate U voted for to anybody (especially if you are based in a location that seems to have a lot fanatical supporters to prevent reprisal attacks if their candidate loses out. Pls vote SHEKARAU as the new Information minister(lol).Wishing U a pleasant voting experience."
That's fine

Then vote Buhari as the new EFCC chairman cool
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by MeGaStReEt: 2:41pm On Apr 16, 2011
Done!

I just voted GOODLUCK . . . . pop sumfin
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by agabaI23(m): 2:42pm On Apr 16, 2011
champagne
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by IBONWON1: 2:45pm On Apr 16, 2011
Please any election news in EPE,IBONWON,MOJODA,IGBOYE, etc all in Lagos State??

Wish Nigerins GOODLUCK.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by MeGaStReEt: 2:48pm On Apr 16, 2011
oboy the sun for outside fit boil rice ooo. shoo, see sun
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by JaaizTech: 2:49pm On Apr 16, 2011
I'll like to call out to NairaLanders to take whatever the outcome of this election is in good faith, the name calling, the hate spreading needs to stop; all candidates have the right to be voted and be voted for. Personal abuses are immature and unnecessary. I wish you all the best.
[b]From my side(ungwa dosa, kaduna):[/b]Turn out was huge, election quite organised and going on peacefully. People provided canopies, and even went ahead to serve voters food in take away food packs. Election here is a very serious business, someone actually brought a one month looking baby along with her to vote(that was unreasonable to me)
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Whitehorse: 2:55pm On Apr 16, 2011
@JaaizTech,

True talk
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by isquar3d3(m): 2:57pm On Apr 16, 2011
mehn, pdp won in about 3 polling units in ikoyi. Believe it or nt, acn took a distant 3rd wit cpc coming second.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by agabaI23(m): 2:57pm On Apr 16, 2011
daily_trust Daily Trust
#DailyTrustVerdict2011 INEC says its REC in Gombe attacked and feared injured by unknown persons over attempts to stop underaged voters
2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

inecnigeria INEC Nigeria
It is reported that the REC in Gombe has been attacked by persons unknown and may be injured. For preventing underaged voting.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by JaaizTech: 2:58pm On Apr 16, 2011
Dav.e:

Quote from Mariory
It is unlikely Rigassa people will rig, because it is just unnecessary, Rigassa is the hub of local Hausa slum settlers, the place is huge and it is slum. They are supporting Buhari 99%, hence there is practically no reason to rig for CPC, it is just like saying PDP is rigging bayelsa.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Gbenge77(m): 2:59pm On Apr 16, 2011
BUHARI alleges plane-loads of ballot papers are being thumb printed in the homes of some politicians(AIT)
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by EvilBrain1(m): 3:03pm On Apr 16, 2011
isquar3d3:

mehn, pdp won in about 3 polling units in ikoyi. Believe it or nt, acn took a distant 3rd wit cpc coming second.

At my polling centre in surulere, most people are voting among ethnic lines. I'm really disgusted with Nigerians. How can you sleep without light then wake up and vote PDP?

There is no hope for this country. We will all continue to suffer the way we've been suffering. And that's what we deserve.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Pain(m): 3:03pm On Apr 16, 2011
The Most Likely Winner Is Not Bringing To The Table Any Laudable Scorecard or Road Map. Same For All The Other Contenders.
It's Rather Unfortunate That We Are A Nation Whose Collective Decision Has Never Been Fact or Issue Based. We Are Merely Driven By Sentiments.

It Is Rather Unfortunate That The Likely Winner Will Be Voted Based On Mere Sentiments.I Groan For Nigeria. We Are Not Ready. We Have Never Been.
Sentiment Is A Lame Horse. It Will Never Take Us To The Promise Land. A Large Section of The Populace Have No Personal Ideology. The Problem is Not Just The Leaders. Nigerians Are Just Followers of Men Armed With The Road map to Hell. Evil leaders, Silly Followers.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Seun(m): 3:04pm On Apr 16, 2011
Gbenge 77:

BUHARI alleges plane-loads of ballot papers are being thumb printed in the homes of some politicians(AIT)

He should take a picture of the planes in question and the address of the politicians whose homes are being used.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Princek12(m): 3:05pm On Apr 16, 2011
Yea. Since Buhari is self-proclaimed anti-corruption champion, he should go to the EFCC to use his talent. He has no business in the presidency. He is intellectually inept to lead Nigeria to the promised land. This Buhari  says privatization is not the key to PHCN. He wants to keep doing the same thing that has not worked for 50 years.

Buhari is not change. How can an ex-military dictator whose coup subverted a democratically elected Shagari be change? Use your head, people. When I was young I remember Buhari being president. I don't want to hear his name again. I am sick of old names--Buhari, Babangida, Obasanjo, etc. When will we as a country move forward and give FRESH MINDS a chance? Damn!!!!!!

I am tired of Northerners phucking up our country. For 38 years, they have phucked us up with their illiteracy and extremism.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Whitehorse: 3:06pm On Apr 16, 2011
^^^^^
Guys,

Please dont assume everyone shares or agrees with your line of reasoning. Dont call people names,

There are presently too many divisive things in Nigeria, don't expect it to change during/after this election season
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by gokuu(m): 3:08pm On Apr 16, 2011
Seun:

He should take a picture of the planes in question and the address of the politicians whose homes are being used.
abi o! People that know they'll lose are trying to discredit the process, he said on AIT that he said he'll not go to court, but turned around to say that his party may go to court!
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by preselect(m): 3:10pm On Apr 16, 2011
Goodluck nigerians, as we partake in this historic day. Unfortunately I'm unable to be a part of it. I'm preparing to head to gatwick airport en route to Ohio for a family Easter gathering. I pray Nigeria gets it right, so my children and grandchildren will  be  able to have a comfortable life AT HOME.

Remember, today is not the most important day in our democracy. What happens after today is more important than what happens today. Let's no go home and relax after today. Let us follow these politicians to the parliament, watch their debates, be vigilant. Recall the crookish MPs, organize ourselves and push through legislations that matter to us. Let us have regular town hall meetings with our elected officials and have them answer questions on a weekly basis. We must pressurize them to do good, or else they will do bad, regardless of who wins. If the opposition doesn't live up to expectation we must personally activate ourselves through unions, associations etc. These politicians(PDP, ACN, CPC ETC) must not have a free hand again. We must find out those who maintain a foreign bank account and monitor all the property of these crooks.
Be Vigilant!!!!!
NIGERIA KWENU!!!!
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by gokuu(m): 3:13pm On Apr 16, 2011
PDP is leading in alimosho, i said it that ribadu cannot win in SW, SW people love GEJ, Tinubu cannot order sophisticated people like us on who to vote. As for those who doubted the igbo presence in lagos were shocked in alimosho as almost half of the people were speaking igbo freely and saying how they'll vote 4 GEJ!
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by prodam(m): 3:14pm On Apr 16, 2011

how is that possible?

Insert Quote
Yea. Since Buhari is self-proclaimed anti-corruption champion, he should go to the EFCC to use his talent. He has no business in the presidency. He is intellectually inept to lead Nigeria to the promised land. This Buhari  says privatization is not the key to PHCN. He wants to keep doing the same thing that has not worked for 50 years.

Buhari is not change. How can an ex-military dictator whose coup subverted a democratically elected Shagari be change? Use your head, people. When I was young I remember Buhari being president. I don't want to hear his name again. I am sick of old names--Buhari, Babangida, Obasanjo, etc. When will we as a country move forward and give FRESH MINDS a chance? Damn!!!!!!

I am tired of Northerners phucking up our country. For 38 years, they have phucked us up with their illiteracy and extremism.

i agree with u but that word "extremism" is a major cause of religious crises, please avoid it
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by JaaizTech: 3:14pm On Apr 16, 2011
How will this elctoral rule play out in deciding the winner of the presidential election: The  regional representation formula which demands that winners must win 25% in two-thirds of the 36 states,   may be the main decider in this election, it could be very controversial and hence my fear. Which will take precedence assuming Buhari gets more votes numerically while Jonathan wins more states numerically, from my calculations this is a possibility, because of the huge turn out in the north and comparably low turn out in the south.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by IBONWON1: 3:17pm On Apr 16, 2011
thank u bros, all hands should be on desk, to monitor,check and balance our MP.even recall them back ,if found guilty.NO MORE FREE HAND,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (42) (Reply)

PDP: Niger Delta Avengers Destroying Our Economy / GEJ's FB Post On The Current Sate Of The Nations Security, And People's Response / Photos:Meet Adebola Williams, one of the young minds behind the new Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.