Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 (57331 Views)

National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 / Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 / President Jonathan Predicts Stable Electricity By April 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by azorjiu(m): 3:17pm On Apr 16, 2011
Jonathan begins his win.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5690533-146/election_results_live_updates__.csp

Too early, you would argue, but it a a harbinger of the outcome.

April 16, 2011 03:04PM
print   email    

Presidential election result at GRA, Ikeja/police barracks Ward

LA01/11/09/025a

A total of 168 votes cast.

>>CPC-29

>>ACN-41

>>PDP- 73

>>PPP-1

>>PDC-1

>>Invalid:12

Result at polling Unit Ayangburen road, Ward 007, Ikorodu, Lagos.

PDP-85
ACN-61
CPC-10
ANPP-1
PDC-1
NCP-1
MPPP-1

Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by JaaizTech: 3:24pm On Apr 16, 2011
Pain:

The Most Likely Winner Is Not Bringing To The Table Any Laudable Scorecard or Road Map. Same For All The Other Contenders.
It's Rather Unfortunate That We Are A Nation Whose Collective Decision Has Never Been Fact or Issue Based. We Are Merely Driven By Sentiments.

It Is Rather Unfortunate That The Likely Winner Will Be Voted Based On Mere Sentiments.I Groan For Nigeria. We Are Not Ready. We Have Never Been.
Sentiment Is A Lame Horse. It Will Never Take Us To The Promise Land. A Large Section of The Populace Have No Personal Ideology. The Problem is Not Just The Leaders. Nigerians Are Just Followers of Men Armed With The Road map to Hell. Evil leaders, Silly Followers.
It is sad; but with benefit of an hindsight, we are on the track that will lead us to the promised land. People learn best from experience, the way I see it people will vote along sentimental lines and at the end would suffer for it and regret it. That is how the change will come, people need to learn from real life experiences. It was from the 2007 sad election experience that people learnt and resolved not to allow this country go that way again. We are on the path.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by JaaizTech: 3:27pm On Apr 16, 2011
azorjiu:

Jonathan begins his win.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5690533-146/election_results_live_updates__.csp

Too early, you would argue, but it a a harbinger of the outcome.
Here is where my theory lies, while guys in lagos are pulling a total vote of just less than 200, here in the north polling booths are recording above 1000 voters, speaking from Kaduna experience.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Kenyy: 3:30pm On Apr 16, 2011
As we go out to vote today, please be informed and reminded that Dying with Dignity is Better than Living as Slaves!
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by preselect(m): 3:36pm On Apr 16, 2011
Kenyy:

As we go out to vote today, please be informed and reminded that Dying with Dignity is Better than Living as Slaves!

sounds like "do or die" affair. Not sure I agree with you. What matters most is how we follow up whoever wins and make sure that appropriate legislations are passed as well as using the power of recall to threaten any legislator who tries to sell his/her mandate.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by fxtopedia(m): 3:38pm On Apr 16, 2011
ALL I SEE IS NOTHING BUT [size=28pt]CHANGE! [/size]
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by mrjingles(m): 3:39pm On Apr 16, 2011
Your theory is not unusual, rules like 25% in 2/3 of states are made to prevent one man winning by virtue of votes from one region. Buhari MAY win the popular votes but will lose due to lack of spread. That has been his problem all the while. Al Gore had the same problem. He won the popular vote but didnt win enough states. I dont expect Buhari to complain if he loses on that basis, the rules are clear.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Allta(m): 3:44pm On Apr 16, 2011
mrjingles:

Your theory is not unusual, rules like 25% in 2/3 of states are made to prevent one man winning by virtue of votes from one region. Buhari MAY win the popular votes but will lose due to lack of spread. That has been his problem all the while. Al Gore had the same problem. He won the popular vote but didnt win enough states. I dont expect Buhari to complain if he loses on that basis, the rules are clear.
That makes sense , IMHO, PDP is the only platform which has been able to capture wider spread in Naija. They might have performed less than expected last week, but I'm sure now that the presidential front is a different ball game entirely, my prayer is, whoever wins; should have enough support to move the country forward.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Allta(m): 3:46pm On Apr 16, 2011
mennnhhhh, see those Hausas on ChannelsTV!!!!!!!!!!!! A completely different scene than what we saw from the south, does that indicate some element of passion on their part? they were all over Buhari mennhhh
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by zenus(m): 3:54pm On Apr 16, 2011
When ll INEC stat the Projection of Election Result
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Odunnu: 4:00pm On Apr 16, 2011
Shebi it was on ths same NL earlier ths morning I said I got news that Tinubu as an unforgiving politician was out to humiliate Ribadu by voting GEJ and forcing his team to do so too.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by sparkle10(m): 4:00pm On Apr 16, 2011
As for me and my house, we voted. I hope you did. 'Do or die' is dead forever. Today we did it with pride and that is why I, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, am proud of you and Nigeria.

If you voted today place this on your profile to let the world know that we did it right and we did it together. GEJ

13 minutes ago
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by giringory: 4:03pm On Apr 16, 2011
You guys should check this out, after one of them has won, how do we protect our development,

http://www.vision202020.mobi/app/

http://www.vision202020.mobi/app/
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by JaaizTech: 4:06pm On Apr 16, 2011
Allta:

That makes sense , IMHO, PDP is the only platform which has been able to capture wider spread in Naija. They might have performed less than expected last week, but I'm sure now that the presidential front is a different ball game entirely, my prayer is, whoever wins; should have enough support to move the country forward.
My point is which takes precedence over which, i.e more votes or winning 25% of 2/3 of the states. Will this lead to a run-off I don't think this should be an herculean task for Buhari, if we are saying he only needs to get 25% of the total votes counted in 24 states. Definitely the states that would form the 23 that would be counted for Buhari will include the states in which he has the highest votes, and with the voter apathy in the south, his northern votes may carry a big weight. But the thing is still confusing me, how will it be implemented. How will the states, that will make up the 23 be counted.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 16, 2011
The chips are down indeed!
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by sparkle10(m): 4:09pm On Apr 16, 2011
Just saw loads of under-age voters on queue to vote in Gombe. Shown on AIT minutes ago. Mennh, these malams are stubborn sha. Learn't riot even erupted since they insisted on voting.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by giringory: 4:13pm On Apr 16, 2011
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by deking(m): 4:14pm On Apr 16, 2011
BB2011 is not doing badly in Lagos just yet as they are still within the essential 25% which will be required at the end of the day following a massive sweeping of the north. cool Ribadu like I told my colleagues was deceived by Tinubu. shocked Here are results from some polling units in VI,

PU/08/02/025

ACN ---- 64
CPC ---- 70
PDP ---- 208
ANPP --- 2
PRP ----1
PNPP---1
FOILED ---10

PU/08/02/024

ACN --- 59
CPC --- 44
PDP ---149
ANPP --- 1

FOR THE FUTURE OF OUR CHILDREN
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by JaaizTech: 4:15pm On Apr 16, 2011
sparkle10:

Just saw loads of under-age voters on queue to vote in Gombe. Shown on AIT minutes ago. Mennh, these malams are stubborn sha. Learn't riot even erupted since they insisted on voting.
Really, I have been glued to AIT since morning, how come I missed the videoBut true talk sha underaged voters dey, I don't know how prevalent they are in other zones, but we have some underaged voters here in the north, but I don't think it issignificant enough to make any serious difference.Speaking from experience at my kaduna voting booth. However, it is difficult to determine people's age by appearance, this malnourished almajiris may not be as young as the appear because of stunted growth and at the same time poverty can also make someone look older than his real age.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by enyojo(f): 4:18pm On Apr 16, 2011
Kenyy:

[size=20pt]As we go out to vote today, please be informed and reminded that Dying with Dignity is Better than Living as Slaves[/size]!
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by xterra2(m): 4:19pm On Apr 16, 2011
Just voted and I voted for Buhari

I would announce the results here, when they finish voting

Right now, people are still voting so they haven't started counting it yet

BB 2011
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by JaaizTech: 4:22pm On Apr 16, 2011
deking:

BB2011 is not doing badly in Lagos just yet as they are still within the essential 25% which will be required at the end of the day following a massive sweeping of the north. cool Ribadu like I told my colleagues was deceived by Tinubu. shocked Here are results from some polling units in VI,

PU/08/02/025
ACN ---- 64 CPC ---- 70 PDP ---- 208 ANPP --- 2
PRP ----1
PNPP---1
FOILED ---10

PU/08/02/024
ACN --- 59 CPC --- 44 PDP ---149 ANPP --- 1
FOR THE FUTURE OF OUR CHILDREN

I think GEJ would be worried about these figures, because when counting starts in the north you would be seeing figures like 1000 votes, should PDP fumble in the north they may be in some trouble.But funnily northern elites are not supporting Buhari although not openly. They are scared of losing their wealth, a lot of their wealthy men got their money through government patronage.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by odumchi: 4:22pm On Apr 16, 2011
[size=8pt]If you want progress vote GOODLUCK NIGERIA[/size]
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Princek12(m): 4:24pm On Apr 16, 2011
xterra2:

Just voted and I voted for Buhari

I would announce the results here, when they finish voting

Right now, people are still voting so they haven't started counting it yet

BB 2011

Dont worry. buhari will do a good job fighting corruption as head of the efcc. since his entire campaign bottomed on anti-corruption, he would be better situated if he heads the efcc; that way he can maximize his desire for ending corruption
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by JaaizTech: 4:26pm On Apr 16, 2011
odumchi:

[size=8pt]If you want progress vote GOODLUCK NIGERIA[/size]
Too late for campaign all is in God's hands now, for those who believe in destiny
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by EvilBrain1(m): 4:27pm On Apr 16, 2011
Results from Randle/Shitta polling station 009in surulere: Accredited 328.
PDP 200,
ACN 51,
CPC 41,
FRESH 1,
PPP 2,
PDC 3,
SDMP 1,
Void  5.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by prodam(m): 4:28pm On Apr 16, 2011
JaaizTech:

Really, I have been glued to AIT since morning, how come I missed the videoBut true talk sha underaged voters dey, I don't know how prevalent they are in other zones, but we have some underaged voters here in the north, but I don't think it issignificant enough to make any serious difference.Speaking from experience at my kaduna voting booth. However, it is difficult to determine people's age by appearance, this malnourished almajiris may not be as young as the appear because of stunted growth and at the same time poverty can also make someone look older than his real age.
[/quote

got me laughing
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by somze(f): 4:29pm On Apr 16, 2011
Voted . . .
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by JaaizTech: 4:29pm On Apr 16, 2011
Princek12:

Dont worry. buhari will do a good job fighting corruption as head of the efcc. since his entire campaign bottomed on anti-corruption, he would be better situated if he heads the efcc; that way he can maximize his desire for ending corruption
If I were Goodluck, should I win, I will go to Buhari and talk to him to come and head EFCC, that way Goodluck Government's image will receive a major boost that He is confident in the face of opposition.But I know even if He has the guts, PDP members wouldn't let him
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by prodam(m): 4:30pm On Apr 16, 2011
Evil Brain:

Results from Randle/Shitta polling station 009in surulere: Accredited 328.
PDP 200,
ACN 51,
CPC 41,
FRESH 1,
PPP 2,
PDC 3,
SDMP 1,
Void  5.

pls we need ur evidence, although we are undeterred
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 16, 2011
Live shootng in Utan Jos north! Election endd, two pple died so far! Fault of a local boy who culd nt kip wt no motobike orda!
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by say4gunit(m): 4:34pm On Apr 16, 2011
Results of Makera ward, Funtua L.G katsina State PU 20/14/07/002 ACN-3 PDP-29 CPC-677 ANPP-1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (42) (Reply)

Tinubu To Proceed On First Medical Trip To France - Sahara Reporters / 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US / Obasanjo Arrives In Zimbabwe For The Burial Of Robert Mugabe (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.