Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

If You Saw A unclothed burnt half dead man On The Road, What Would You Do ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Saw A unclothed burnt half dead man On The Road, What Would You Do ? (1973 Views)

Lagos Pastor Heals Mad Man On The Street (Photos) / Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? / 4 Naija Ladies, Looking For Husband In Chuch Forced To Strip unclothed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Saw A unclothed burnt half dead man On The Road, What Would You Do ? by mabell: 5:47pm On Apr 16, 2011
Snowwy:

@Earswide,
I had actually noted the error after I posted but wasn't able to send another post to correct it.
Thanks for the correction however you needn't be smug about it.
Was wondering why you were trying to be conspiratory afterwards, however, its obvious you were just 'lying in wait'.
You have obviously overlooked the good that was done to the young man by the sincerity of Joen something you wouldn't have done based on your posts. Not to worry, the reward for his action isn't from you so say all you like, it doesn't change the fact that a life was saved. Kapish.

this is as simple as can be said since Earswide is dull of hearing and hard of understanding
If you were in joagbaje's shoes, what would you have done?
Re: If You Saw A unclothed burnt half dead man On The Road, What Would You Do ? by simplymee: 8:15pm On Apr 16, 2011
@op
definitely, i would do all thats necessary. its important as well that because of people that doubt what u do u will have evidence cos many are moved by what they see. NA BAD THING SAY HIM SNAP AM? Nigeria is quite a funny place u know. Ur single act of benevolence and kindness could be misunderstood by people in d society. I practically do not see the sharing of testimony as self glory rather its for the Glory of God.
Re: If You Saw A unclothed burnt half dead man On The Road, What Would You Do ? by Azibalua(f): 11:37pm On Apr 16, 2011
EarsWide:

@Snowy

Of course hounding charlatans like Jo, Oyaks etc is good work. Do you want us to leave them doing their fraud ?

Again you call me Joes shadow but you say we should not do insults - I will let this one go, this time!

Tell me as a christian - do you think it was right to have published those pictures ? Dont dodge the question!

Interesting confession
Who and who makes up the 'us' in this case
Also what has publishing the pictures got to do with Christianity, if you have nothing to say ,get a job to be quiet,it pays well
Re: If You Saw A unclothed burnt half dead man On The Road, What Would You Do ? by manmustwac(m): 11:43am On Apr 17, 2011
@Joagbaje
So you saw a guy who had been half burnt and naked by the roadside. He had been there for four days. How did he manage to survive for so long day and night exposed to the elements {when he's already half dead} without food and water? Why did hundreds if not thousands of god fearing christians policemen and other men of god who obviously must have passed the guy during this four day period do nothing to help him? By some coincidence it just happened to be you. And only when you decided to help him that other people who would've otherwise ignored him decide to help you put him in your car. Your story sounds to dodgy for me to believe.
Re: If You Saw A unclothed burnt half dead man On The Road, What Would You Do ? by free123: 1:00pm On Apr 17, 2011
the story calls for critical and objective analysis
Re: If You Saw A unclothed burnt half dead man On The Road, What Would You Do ? by mabell: 3:04pm On Apr 17, 2011
@manmuswac,
you need to cross check what you wrote. Is it eveybody that stops to help an accidient victim
Some stop to just stand afar and say eiiiyaa
some stop to speed off
while some stop to help
others stop to see who shows the first help and then summons courage to assist that person
It happens everywhere so don't act surprised

maybe you should study about the good samaritan in the bible, that would give you a better insight
Re: If You Saw A unclothed burnt half dead man On The Road, What Would You Do ? by Azibalua(f): 4:35pm On Apr 17, 2011
manmustwac:

@Joagbaje
So you saw a guy who had been half burnt and unclothed by the roadside. He had been there for four days. How did he manage to survive for so long day and night exposed to the elements {when he's already half dead} without food and water? Why did hundreds if not thousands of god fearing christians policemen and other men of god who obviously must have passed the guy during this four day period do nothing to help him? By some coincidence it just happened to be you. And only when you decided to help him that other people who would've otherwise ignored him decide to help you put him in your car. Your story sounds to dodgy for me to believe.

Sometimes I wonder how an issue can be so glaring and yet also blurry at the same time to some others.
Re: If You Saw A unclothed burnt half dead man On The Road, What Would You Do ? by nuclearboy(m): 7:42pm On Apr 17, 2011
@manmustwac:

It could have happened as Jo said. I don't think EarsWide has issues with that but with the photo Jo took before helping him. On that too, it is possible Jo decided to take the photo simply to show there was a problem so people could not later say maybe he was responsible for the condition of the man.
Re: If You Saw A unclothed burnt half dead man On The Road, What Would You Do ? by EarsWide(m): 2:18pm On Apr 20, 2011
@Azibulua

you said
Also what has publishing the pictures got to do with Christianity

It is very simple would you like a picture of yourself naked in that state on the internet ?

Jesus said 'Love your neighbour like you love yourself' - do you know what that means ?

Think about it carefully if you would not put a picture of yourself in that state on the internet - then you should not put a picture of anyone else on. SIMPLE!!
Re: If You Saw A unclothed burnt half dead man On The Road, What Would You Do ? by Azibalua(f): 4:26pm On Apr 20, 2011
EarsWide:

@Azibulua

you said
It is very simple would you like a picture of yourself unclothed in that state on the internet ?

Jesus said 'Love your neighbour like you love yourself' - do you know what that means ?

Think about it carefully if you would not put a picture of yourself in that state on the internet - then you should not put a picture of anyone else on. SIMPLE!!

No one who has ever received a miracle is ashamed, the young man in the picture is a miracle,this is a testimony being shown to the whole world,
You guys always want one evidence or the other this is proof itself you might as well appreciate it.

You saw the guy smiling in the second picture,am sure he saw the first one
Before meets after.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Qustions To All The Atheist On Nl / My Father Tried To Killed Me, He Poisoned Me, Shot Me Because I Accepted Christ / God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.