Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,287 members, 7,829,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Currently Facing Depression - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Currently Facing Depression (806 Views)

Coronavirus: London Hospitals Facing 'tsunami' Of Patients / Baby Born With Legs Facing The Opposite Direction And No Buttock (photos) / The 12-year-old Boy With Backward Facing Legs After Surgery (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Currently Facing Depression by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 28, 2021
I never thought depression was real until about 3 weeks ago. I just realized that money isn't everything. Guys, I really need your prayers.
Re: Currently Facing Depression by richmond500: 11:33am On Mar 28, 2021
Actually depression is real, I am facing my own depression and it keeps adding up.

I haven't committed suicide not because I was scared but because I am ashamed of doing it, funny right and feel I could get over this situation so I still had to hold onto hope.

No motivational speaker can help a depressed person, just hold unto something bro, life is full of challenges.

And most times I couldn't tell people my problem because the world has always find a way of making fun of people who share their problems,(I don't think I could endure anymore frustration) we just live with it
Re: Currently Facing Depression by SavageResponse(m): 11:37am On Mar 28, 2021
grammarnazi2:
I never thought depression was real until about 3 weeks ago. I just realized that money isn't everything. Guys, I really need your prayers.

Are you the same person as GrammarNazi?
Re: Currently Facing Depression by SavageResponse(m): 11:38am On Mar 28, 2021
richmond500:
Actually depression is real, I am facing my own depression and it keeps adding up.
Sometimes I have thought of committing suicide but if unfortunately I survived I'll live with the shame of trying to commit suicide.
I haven't committed suicide not because I was scared but because I am ashamed of doing and feel I could get over this situation so I still had to hold onto hope

Suicide is largely a whiteman's disease
Re: Currently Facing Depression by richmond500: 11:41am On Mar 28, 2021
SavageResponse:

Suicide is largely a whiteman's disease
I think suicide is a better and easier way of forgetting ur problem, sometimes it piles up and u just so confused that u just wonder what is the purpose of living.
Depression no be am o.

Even Nigeria self deh help increase depression with no job and a hard lifestyle and if u try to do something, scammers fit collect ur money with no remorse of what u are going through in life.

we go get through this stage
Re: Currently Facing Depression by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 28, 2021
richmond500:

I haven't committed suicide not because I was scared but because I am ashamed of doing it, funny right and feel I could get over this situation so I still had to hold onto hope.

No motivational speaker can help a depressed person, just hold unto something bro, life is full of challenges.

And most times I couldn't tell people my problem because the world has always find a way of making fun of people who share their problems,(I don't think I could endure anymore frustration) we just live with it
Two nights ago, I thought of suicide but couldn't do it. I really need help. I'm losing my mind.
Re: Currently Facing Depression by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 28, 2021
SavageResponse:

Are you the same person as GrammarNazi?
Yeah
Re: Currently Facing Depression by richmond500: 11:48am On Mar 28, 2021
grammarnazi2:

Two nights ago, I thought of suicide but couldn't do it. I really need help. I'm loosing my mind.
If u hold unto life, maybe u could find something that makes u smile oneday.
I can't talk sense into u since u may be as depressed as I am.

But u should find a reason to live, something to hold unto, maybe ur siblings which u want to help, maybe ur parents or maybe that big business idea u wish to start.
Whichever way, prioritize ur dreams over ur inability and u may just hold on till things turn around.
Na so me I deh use survive o. and sometimes I come to NL and have some fun grin
Re: Currently Facing Depression by Nobody: 11:53am On Mar 28, 2021
richmond500:
If u hold unto life, maybe u could find something that makes u smile oneday.
I can't talk sense into u since u may be as depressed as I am.

But u should find a reason to live, something to hold unto, maybe ur siblings which u want to help, maybe ur parents or maybe that big business idea u wish to start.
Whichever way, prioritize ur dreams over ur inability and u may just hold on till things turn around.
Na so me I deh use survive o. and sometimes I come to NL and have some fun grin
Thanks a lot for your advise. I really appreciate.
Re: Currently Facing Depression by richmond500: 11:55am On Mar 28, 2021
grammarnazi2:

Thanks a lot for your advise. I really appreciate.
BTW, what is causing ur depression?
Re: Currently Facing Depression by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 28, 2021
grammarnazi2:

Two nights ago, I thought of suicide but couldn't do it. I really need help. I'm losing my mind.

It's not the end of the world no matter what happens, God will do the best for you soon, death doesn't solve anything because your spirit won't still rest, pls stop thinking of suicide, I might not understand how you feel but trust me, suicide is not the next thing to think about pls
Re: Currently Facing Depression by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 28, 2021
Amormivida:

It's not the end of the world no matter what happens, God will do the best for you soon, death doesn't solve anything because your spirit won't still rest, pls stop thinking of suicide, I might not understand how you feel but trust me, suicide is not the next thing to think about pls
Thanks so much
Re: Currently Facing Depression by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 28, 2021
grammarnazi2:

God almighty will comfort your troubled heart,it is well with you

1 Like

Re: Currently Facing Depression by zealousayo(m): 12:04pm On Mar 28, 2021
You will overcome it IJN. The Lord is your strength.

1 Like

Re: Currently Facing Depression by richmond500: 12:05pm On Mar 28, 2021
Amormivida:

depressed people aren't thinking right and u can't tell them suicide isn't the right thing, they might have thrown away all values that comes with life.

Some of us just want a normal life which we can't get, some of us try to complain to those around us but people always make fun of our situation because people don't know what we go through, what we fight, our anxieties, our fears, the sleepless nights thinking why life is cruel.

A depressed person is another human entirely, and when we complain, u may even hear people saying "are u the only one having problems, if i tell u my own u go shock" yes we all have our problems, but some problems are bigger than some and our strength to handle situation differs.
I just pray OP doesn't end his life
Re: Currently Facing Depression by zealousayo(m): 12:06pm On Mar 28, 2021
grammarnazi2:

What's really the problem sir? I mean what caused the depression...
Re: Currently Facing Depression by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 28, 2021
richmond500:

A problem shared is half solved, not everybody will make fun of your problems, some people actually can help you out of that frustration, it's what I know... Thank you
Re: Currently Facing Depression by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 28, 2021
richmond500:
depressed people aren't thinking right and u can't tell them suicide isn't the right thing, they might have thrown away all values that comes with life.

Some of us just want a normal life which we can't get, some of us try to complain to those around us but people always make fun of our situation because people don't know what we go through, what we fight, our anxieties, our fears, the sleepless nights thinking why life is cruel.

A depressed person is another human entirely, and when we complain, u may even hear people saying "are u the only one having problems, if i tell u my own u go shock" yes we all have our problems, but some problems are bigger than some and our strength to handle situation differs.

Believe me when I say I have been there, I know what it is to be depressed, I was depressed for close to a year, nobody saw anything wrong with me, suicide was the next on my mind I even bought sniper Insecticide to drink, but you know what? I had a rethink about pains I would cause myself before dying, I thought of my family, I thought of what was making me depressed and no it wasn't worth me taking my life, I had to go on my kneels to pray to God before I felt relieved and tried talking to a friend who helped me out of depression... Pls OP if you need someone to talk to don't hesitate to email me pls... God be with you
Re: Currently Facing Depression by Nobody: 12:17pm On Mar 28, 2021
richmond500:

Bro if I tell you my problems you will know yours is little compared to mine... But let's just keep hoping for the best, there's always a light at the end of tee tunnel
Re: Currently Facing Depression by richmond500: 12:22pm On Mar 28, 2021
Amormivida:

Bro if I tell you my problems you will know yours is little compared to mine... But let's just keep hoping for the best, there's always a light at the end of tee tunnel
exactly, that is what depressed people always hear, "my problem is bigger than urs. Or ur problem looks cute compared to mine."

Actually this isn't the reason why people share problems, all they need is motivation and not to measure problems.
I have told u, u won't understand a depressed person.
Re: Currently Facing Depression by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 28, 2021
richmond500:
exactly, that is what depressed people always hear, "my problem is bigger than urs. Or ur problem looks cute compared to mine."

Actually this isn't the reason why people share problems, all they need is motivation and not to measure problems.
I have told u, u won't understand a depressed person.

PLS try to calm down bro, I understand you, do you mind sharing If it's okay by you
Re: Currently Facing Depression by heniford2: 12:27pm On Mar 28, 2021
grammarnazi2:

if you get money hit me i can help you kill your depression trust me you need person like around you
Re: Currently Facing Depression by richmond500: 12:29pm On Mar 28, 2021
Amormivida:

PLS try to calm down bro, I understand you, do you mind sharing If it's okay by you
nah, it isn't much of a big deal to share online, I'll just hold unto hope.
Re: Currently Facing Depression by Greatzeus(m): 6:28pm On Mar 28, 2021
Peace be unto your souls,grammarnazi2 and Richmond500,I wouldn't claim I totally know how you feel but I pray the source of your depression be replaced with joy and hope for greater things ahead,one love
Re: Currently Facing Depression by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 30, 2021
AllaboutHEALTH:

Amormivida, richmond500, this is for you;

Surprised to read someone asking you to share your problems here...not a wise idea!!
Your problem could either be women/relationship or health related(maybe congenital disorder/disease), these are just guesses, by the way.
My advise is never to expect so much out of life, most often, high expectations is the reason for disappointments and depression-like feelings.
Another thing is every human being should realize their pressure or problems in life grows bigger the older they get. It is a painful truth.
I’ve done uncountable counseling sessions for both regular citizens and celebrities alike in the past, and I can authoritatively tell you that everyone across the world and in this new age of ICT are very depressed. The only difference between you and almost every other readers here on nairaland who are above 18 is that you talked about yours while others are quiet.

In the past when I was still a counselor, one of the things I used to do is to share with my clients during our sessions, some of my own stories with adequate proof so they know they’re not made up just to console them which would always help.

My advise to you is to change your perspective on life - life is not kind to people as you think, you only need to devise a potent coping mechanism. And secondly, invest HEAVILY in HAPPINESS and this investment is not to be made when you’re down but when everything is fine, because if hold on a little bit, things will be fine again....it’s a Law - life is in cycles.

Life comes with different seasons; time to be happy, to be sad, to cry, laugh, to be birthed and to die.

I won’t tell you to be strong, it’s not the best advice, instead I would say learn and understand life!

If you read what I wrote well bro, you will understand I asked if he would like to share,I never asked him to share it here sir

(1) (Reply)

New Cancer Treatments Without Side Effects / Various Means Of Treating Obesity / Doctors In The House,ur Assistance Is Highly Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.