Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,228 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site (52797 Views)

My Experience Doing Physical Labour Work At A Building Construction Site / Vacation Job: A female undergraduate needed / Manual Labour- Sales Person Ajah Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site by badman007(m): 4:33pm On Mar 28, 2021
Epositive:

What's evil in her working and getting paid?

Working conditions for construction workers in Nigeria is generally unsafe and unfit for 2020.
No consideration for health and safety, no insurance, no pension, to say the least.

Nobody should have to work under such conditions. Glad she’s trying to make a way for herself.
Re: Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site by obinna58(m): 4:35pm On Mar 28, 2021
Bouz:
Oga she is hustling for her self. Yoruba women, don't reason like igbo women. they are even more hardworking than their men.
And you should be proud women are more hardworking than men. Where's your sanity. All women are to be cared for and treated like queen
Re: Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site by descarado: 4:36pm On Mar 28, 2021
undecided
Re: Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 28, 2021
obinna58:

And you should be proud women are more hardworking than men. Where's your sanity. All women are to be cared for and treated like queen
Seriously Sure they will be cared for. but they work as well.
Re: Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site by Mummymahdi(f): 4:39pm On Mar 28, 2021
obinna58:
Her boyfriend should be very ashamed.

No woman should be subjected to this. It's evil.

She is a human being with needs she needs to work. Every woman should work and take responsibility. I don't know why most women accept what d society puts on them and agree to b total liabilities or prostitutes.

Man should support his wife and family not girl's abeg. Only stupid irresponsible guys spent on random girls in exchange for oloshoism
Re: Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site by DavidKajo94(m): 4:42pm On Mar 28, 2021
Nigerians and clout sha. If it's not for clout how can u be working and dy wll be videoing u up an down
Re: Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site by GodisFirst: 4:45pm On Mar 28, 2021
Although I do not wish that any of my daughters do this in other to survive (because I have paid the price for them during my time), I really appreciate this young girl in taking to this to help herself rather than taking to the vices of the day like some other girls.

As a young man, I got involved in menial jobs like this to support myself and make up the much I get from my parents because you can never get enough when you parents are civil servants and have to cater for more than 3 in the higher Institution at the same time plus some in the Secondary school, both Nuclear and Extended family members.

But it paid off, I used the opportunity to get exposed to Practical Civil and Building construction details, Domestic Electrical Wiring Installations. These helped me to survive even during my NYSC days.
Years later, I was able to use the skills acquired to build my own personal house, did the supervisions when I am available and disposed, was able to check mate my contractors and worker working for me and also carry out some Labour and Material quantities estimations when I was building my houses.

For a young lady, I will advise that she doesn't do it consistently as it is very stressful. She needs to skip some days to rest and recuperate, and quickly save money to venture into something less stressful like small scale poultry farm business, petty trading, etc. However, there is dignity in labour and through labour.

I have this woman that was part of the concrete casters when I was building my house, I picked interest in her because of her hard work and strength, she competes with the boys. When I confronted her, I was made to know that she was training her son in a school and told her son to stop the concrete work he was also doing with her, and go to school. This made me to always give her extra and also engage her in my little farm work with extra pay whenever I need help. She really enjoyed preferential treatment because of her hard work. She is a real mother.

It is very much better than prostitutions and robbery if it is the only available option at the time and place.
Today I am blessed with a job that fetches me over a million naira monthly on the average, I could comfortable and boldly talk or write about this my past without shame or fear, but If it were to be robbery or prostitution, no one would accept any allegation on it not to talk of willingly mentioning it due to the stigma, shame and fear.

May God continue to bless the works of our hands and channel our energy towards positive and productive ventures in Jesus name. Amen

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site by Toearn: 4:48pm On Mar 28, 2021
Really
Re: Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site by obinna58(m): 4:49pm On Mar 28, 2021
Mummymahdi:

She is a human being with needs she needs to work. Every woman should work and take responsibility. I don't know why most women accept what d society puts on them and agree to b total liabilities or prostitutes.

Man should support his wife and family not girl's abeg. Only stupid irresponsible guys spent on random girls in exchange for oloshoism
But she turned out to be a human being subjected to torture as a form survival, this wouldn't happen in a sane society.
This is where we men should support our girls for good.
Re: Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site by MrMacinterchi1: 4:49pm On Mar 28, 2021
obinna58:

so it's the men that supposed to be subjected to this abi. then it won't be evil as you termed it.

Just imagine.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site by obinna58(m): 4:50pm On Mar 28, 2021
MrMacinterchi1:

so it's the men that supposed to be subjected to this abi. then it won't be evil as you termed it.

Just imagine.
Exactly
Re: Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site by effido666: 4:53pm On Mar 28, 2021
Hmmmm do u knw if she have a boyfriend
?
obinna58:

Re: Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site by somehow: 4:57pm On Mar 28, 2021
obinna58:

He owes her nothing but at same time this shouldn't be right, she deserves better from the society
. so it's a bad thing for a female to be hardworking?

You think saner societies have dependent women?
Re: Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site by obinna58(m): 4:58pm On Mar 28, 2021
somehow:
. so it's a bad thing for a female to be hardworking?

You think saner societies have dependent women?
This is not hard working. This is torture

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site by merieam16(f): 4:59pm On Mar 28, 2021
Mogajunior:
cool

Truly the future is female. Big ups to her. It is funny how the guy in the last picture had to hide his face from the camera. In what ever you do, never despise Little beginnings.
U wont blame him tho
Re: Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site by ghettochild(m): 5:04pm On Mar 28, 2021
Who get the babe contact
I need to send her boots n working overall
Re: Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site by MrMacinterchi1: 5:05pm On Mar 28, 2021
obinna58:
Exactly
SMH. You are a very funny somebody.
Re: Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site by MondayOsunbor(m): 5:07pm On Mar 28, 2021
SniperSmurf:
Better than becoming a prostitute or doing 'jazz'. Trust your struggle and watch what happens.

where are the muscles ?

abeg na models them be
Re: Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site by lanre88(m): 5:09pm On Mar 28, 2021
Stop waiting for white collar jobs, get involved in something better.

Our office is out to empower you with a vision for success in less than six months surely your financial troubles would be a thing of the past.

Regardless of your age,sex, status in the economy.

A word is enough...
Re: Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site by SniperSmurf(m): 5:11pm On Mar 28, 2021
MondayOsunbor:

where are the muscles ?

abeg na models them be

If you want to see muscles go to the gym. Lol. She probably hasn't been doing it that long so her muscles won't be as developed as the seasoned workers on site.
Re: Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site by Liposure: 5:16pm On Mar 28, 2021
Professorcplus:
See motivational speakers above me. Imagine one family member telling me until you suffer you are not progressing in life. I give respect to every labourer out there. Just know go do pass yourself because of #1,200 because if u land for hospital that money no go fit buy drug and food.
God bless you
Re: Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site by somehow: 5:22pm On Mar 28, 2021
obinna58:

This is not hard working. This is torture
Because it's a female?
Re: Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site by obinna58(m): 5:23pm On Mar 28, 2021
somehow:
Because it's a female?
Yep

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site by MrNipplesLover(m): 5:27pm On Mar 28, 2021
Mogajunior:
cool

Truly the future is female. Big ups to her. It is funny how the guy in the last picture had to hide his face from the camera. In what ever you do, never despise Little beginnings.

Maybe na Nairalander him be.

Knowing fully well that the pix might go viral later. And u know say anything that goes viral must actually hit Nairaland (FP).

Probably people know am for nairaland.

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site by somehow: 5:32pm On Mar 28, 2021
obinna58:

Yep

You have a long way to go.
Re: Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site by Liposure: 5:35pm On Mar 28, 2021
EMMY76:
Is she uhrobo? Uhrobo women have PhD in this kind of cement and concrete mixing job I do respect them a lot anytime I come across them in construction sites in delta state.
imagine what they can do in that oza room
Re: Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 28, 2021
Oya come a see people hailing here with "dignity in labour" talk.

Naija. If you never break your back with work. Just be where people can look down on you and they will happily hail you
Re: Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site by izubext007: 5:53pm On Mar 28, 2021
there's more dignity in this , than to be an olosho or slay queen or mercy Eke
Re: Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site by obinna58(m): 5:59pm On Mar 28, 2021
somehow:

You have a long way to go.
I don't
Re: Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 28, 2021
Another format
Re: Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site by Mogajunior(m): 6:00pm On Mar 28, 2021
MrNipplesLover:

Maybe na Nairalander him be.

Knowing fully well that the pix might go viral later. And u know say anything that goes viral must actually hit Nairaland (FP).

Probably people know am for nairaland.

grin grin grin
Really funny. You are thinking too far but not far from the truth.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Female Undergraduate Does Manual Labour At Building Construction Site by freeborn02: 6:02pm On Mar 28, 2021
obinna58:

Women are weak naturally and shouldn't be subjected to hard labour.

So, it is now boyfriend that should bear the brunt? Is relationship a poverty alleviation programme?

Your reasoning is dumb.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ihs Towers Isap 2021 / Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job / National Population Commission Is Accepting Cv!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.