Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

3 Scenarios I Have Not Forgotten But Have Actually Forgiven. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 3 Scenarios I Have Not Forgotten But Have Actually Forgiven. (716 Views)

How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You / My Wife Hasn't Forgiven Me / He Lied About Genotype. Should He Be Forgiven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Scenarios I Have Not Forgotten But Have Actually Forgiven. by Waledarep(m): 3:54pm On Mar 28, 2021
1. My last visit to Zaria, an older cousin that I respected so much accused me of stealing N200 from his Mum’s Canteen (I was an undergraduate then and I am still wondering what 200 would have meant to me to have stolen it ), and even went ahead to tell everybody to start avoiding me because I stole what I didn’t steal. No evidence, other than just sheer show of stupidity.

Bros Tee, I have forgiven you but you LOST all the respect I ever had for you since that year until forever.

2. While still in Lautech, an uncle that’s always acting getting annoyed that you don’t always call to ask for something from him whenever you are in school because he understood the financial situation back then, and that only happens whenever he sees you. So one time I summoned the courage to call and ask for any amount between N5-10k for upkeep, the response “ I just paid 1.5m of my 2 daughters in private universities school fees and still looking for N900k to balance the fees. Let me sort that out first and I will try to see to your own N10k request” is what have never forgotten.

Uncle S, If you are reading this or get to see this from anyone, PLEASE I am still waiting for the N10k you promised to give me that year.

3. A man I met here with the same surname that I contacted to assist me with supporting documents in 2015 for my study permit( I explicitly explained and sent all the information to him from the admission letter, to all the payments I have made just to show I wasn’t contacting him for a wrong reason or to beg for money), who promised to help but for no reason opted against rendering the assistance at the last minutes due to personal reason . Thank You for making me learnt a lesson from your action about TIME and PURPOSE. Maybe you didn’t meet my purpose by then because it was not the right time for me to leave.

Mr Odetola, thank you for not making me forget the difference between a Privilege and a Right.

These events have lived enough with me, it’s time I let it out in form of Motivation so I can finally forget about them.
LESSON Learnt as per those incidents are ;

1. As a person, always be prepared for betrayal from anyone, that’s what I learnt from the dude that called me a thief. Your family/friends could witness against you anytime, any day and anywhere.

KEEP ON BEING YOURSELF AND ALWAYS MAKE ROOM FOR SOMETHING THAT MIGHT SURPRISE YOU.

2. As a person in need, always put all your hope in God, human beings will always be human and will always prioritize personal things always.

THE AMOUNT THATS BIG TO YOU NOW, WILL MEAN NOTHING TO YOU TOMORROW, ALWAYS STRIVING HARD TO BECOME A BETTER VERSION OF YOUR PRESENT SITUATION.

3. People in place of Privileged, whatever help or assistance you can’t render, always feel free to point it out immediately and not at the latter date to avoid using your disappointment to cause depression and frustration to the person in need of your help.

DO NOT EVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAM REGARDLESS OF HOW MANY YOUR SETBACKS AND DISAPPOINTMENTS ARE.

PEOPLE CELEBRATE RESULT, AND NOT PROCESS!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Scenarios I Have Not Forgotten But Have Actually Forgiven. by AishaYesufu: 3:58pm On Mar 28, 2021
So?
Re: 3 Scenarios I Have Not Forgotten But Have Actually Forgiven. by chatinent: 3:58pm On Mar 28, 2021
Lessons:

1. Live a zero-expectation life. Believe anything can happen.

2. Forgive what people do to you but never forget the lesson it taught you.
Re: 3 Scenarios I Have Not Forgotten But Have Actually Forgiven. by Hezzyluv: 4:01pm On Mar 28, 2021
it pains sha,

But as long as you're still in diz world, expect the unexpected.

alzo learn how to 4give unconditionally.
Re: 3 Scenarios I Have Not Forgotten But Have Actually Forgiven. by Freestainworld(m): 4:06pm On Mar 28, 2021
Human can disappoint shaa, I have seen things more worst in this life
Re: 3 Scenarios I Have Not Forgotten But Have Actually Forgiven. by osamz007: 4:33pm On Mar 28, 2021
AishaYesufu:
So?
you can vote buhari come 2023

Re: 3 Scenarios I Have Not Forgotten But Have Actually Forgiven. by jabolo(m): 4:54pm On Mar 28, 2021
@OP Re: Item (2). You have to revisit how you framed this. It might reflect less well on you IMO, especially as it is something you have held on to for so long.

When asking for favor off people, resist the urge to super-project into their affairs and somehow come to the conclusion they ought to be prioritizing your own particular need at that point in time.

I'm frequently at the receiving end of this and I can tell you it's a very annoying trait.

Good day.
Re: 3 Scenarios I Have Not Forgotten But Have Actually Forgiven. by YngDenzel1: 5:06pm On Mar 28, 2021
jabolo:
@OP Re: Item (2). You have to revisit how you framed this. It might reflect less well on you IMO, especially as it is something you have held on to for so long.

When asking for favor off people, resist the urge to super-project into their affairs and somehow come to the conclusion they ought to be prioritizing your own particular need at that point in time.

I'm frequently at the receiving end of this and I can tell you it's a very annoying trait.

Good day.
True. Even if na N5 sef. That uncle owes him nothing
Re: 3 Scenarios I Have Not Forgotten But Have Actually Forgiven. by Waledarep(m): 5:13pm On Mar 28, 2021
Thank You.

I always remember that because I learnt two things from it

1. Any request you cannot afford to attend to most likely in the case of money , a simple I will look into it is enough. I was not angry that I didn’t get anything from him , I only felt offended he threw it at my face that he just made a payment of 1.5m and still looking for 900k before thinking of the 10k.
2. A Privilege will never be the same as a Right . It’s stated for people that will experience such a scenario i to know each request being made from someone that’s not your parents is not a right but a privilege and that a privilege can be a NO for any reason .

NB - I never stopped associating with him even after the incident

jabolo:

Good day.

1 Like

Re: 3 Scenarios I Have Not Forgotten But Have Actually Forgiven. by jabolo(m): 5:29pm On Mar 28, 2021
Waledarep:

I was not angry that I didn’t get anything from him , I only felt offended he threw it at my face that he just made a payment of 1.5m and still looking for 900k before thinking of the 10k.

This is what I meant. What you see as 'throwing in your face' might not be that, maybe common courtesy.

And then, your subsequent conclusion. Taking offense.

Thank you too for your response. I'm sure you're a fine young man and I'm only commending you to continually examine your words, thoughts and actions to be a better person in all respects.
Re: 3 Scenarios I Have Not Forgotten But Have Actually Forgiven. by Waledarep(m): 5:41pm On Mar 28, 2021
jabolo:

I honestly understand your point but you are not seeing it from my own perspective.
It’s not an offence because I never stopped relating with him but I didn’t forget because I am definitely going to treat such demand in that manner if in retrospect.
“I will Look into it or I am not financially buoyant too at the moment due to family responsibilities” could have been a better response .

This is what I meant. What you see as 'throwing in your face' might not be that, maybe common courtesy.

Thank you too for your response. I'm sure you're a fine young man and I'm only commending you to continually examine your words, thoughts and actions to be a better person in all respects.
Re: 3 Scenarios I Have Not Forgotten But Have Actually Forgiven. by Waledarep(m): 5:47pm On Mar 28, 2021
jabolo:

I honestly understand your point but you are not seeing it from my own perspective.
It’s not an offence because I never stopped relating with him but I didn’t forget because I am definitely going to treat such demand in that manner if in retrospect.
“I will Look into it or I am not financially buoyant too at the moment due to family responsibilities” could have been a better response .

Re: 3 Scenarios I Have Not Forgotten But Have Actually Forgiven. by Richy4(m): 5:50pm On Mar 28, 2021
Honestly the only thing I see on your write up that affects you directly was # 1.............. Which you have forgiven and I have to applaud you for that.

The others, I have no idea what you were talking about in terms of forgiveness... If you think #2 and 3 were owing you any thing sir, to the extend of entertaining forgiveness on your head, I beg to differ...They were not owing u anything... what would you even say that they owing you exactly?.....that they refused to help you in time of need was that it?...They were not your parent.. They have the right to help you or not to..

I see it as lessons learnt as one grows old that you don't bank on/ trust/ depend on anyone...Putting much expectation on someone that is not your immediate family member (father/mother) is the easiest way to have HBP...

I could qualify your 2 and 3 as someone that needed a job desperately, went for an interview, showcased his best and was not taken... and he said I have forgiven u guys for not hiring me in your company.....Now how many people do you think has done that?..

(1) (Reply)

6.5kva Big Honda Elemax For Sale / ... / It Was A Joke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.