Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,488 members, 7,826,839 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Fantasia Barrino Does Not Choose Her Songs Well - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Fantasia Barrino Does Not Choose Her Songs Well (2287 Views)

Who Is Better Vocally, Fantasia Barrino Or Jennifer Hudson? / Fantasia Barrino's New CD (Video) / Carrie Underwood/fantasia/kelly Clarkson From Top To Bottom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fantasia Barrino Does Not Choose Her Songs Well by Seun(m): 8:26am On Jul 09, 2007
Fantasia Barrino's failure to really succeed in the music industry really frustrates me. She has every reason to succeed: vocal talent, looks, age, charisma. So why isn't she doing so well: because she's choosing the wrong songs. This is sad because even a baby watching American idol would have chosen better songs for her.

Here is a lady that charmed all of us by single Aretha Franklin type songs and won the American Idol competition, only to start releasing Hip Hop and RnB tracks, choosing a Rapper as her role model. Hello? Did you win the American Idol competition by rapping? Did you win American Idol by singing hiphop? Why change a winning style?

Fantasia Barrino's best singing style can be described in various words: 'gospel', 'screamer', 'Aretha Frankling type'. She should be singing a mixture of simple pop songs involving a lot of 'screaming' and inspirational/gospel music because that's what she does best. She shouldn't think that being black means doing hiphop. She is not that kind of black. She is a Mary J Blidge kind of black. A good girl 'gospel' type.

And if she wants to sing love songs, she should sing songs about love going well. And the decision to dedicate her first albums to 'baby mamas'? Very wrong. Baby Mamas have no money to buy your CDs, girl! angry

Want more proof that her song choice is bad: her only number 1 song "[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Believe_%28Fantasia_song%29]I Believe[/url]" was an American Idol song.
Re: Fantasia Barrino Does Not Choose Her Songs Well by Seun(m): 8:44am On Jul 09, 2007
Maybe I'm just complaining because I'm not a great fan of hip-hop or "black music" generally. cheesy
Re: Fantasia Barrino Does Not Choose Her Songs Well by iice(f): 10:49am On Jul 09, 2007
Ouch!
Re: Fantasia Barrino Does Not Choose Her Songs Well by gbadex1(m): 10:55am On Jul 09, 2007
Mary J. Blige is a 'good ,girl type' singer?? Jesus. . . . .
Re: Fantasia Barrino Does Not Choose Her Songs Well by omoge25(f): 11:05am On Jul 09, 2007
Fantasia cant sing, thats a given. I personally dont care for her new CD, but to compare her to MJB i have no words.
The Queen of hip hop soul and Fantasia cant be placed in the same catergory. there levels aren't the same. Time and time again MJB has proven herself, her albums are classic, look at the ppl she has worked with even. Saying Fantasia is "a Mary J Blidge kind of black. A good girl 'gospel' type" is wrong, they are as different as night and day.

But yeah her song choices are not that great, i taught she wrote all her songs?
Re: Fantasia Barrino Does Not Choose Her Songs Well by A40(m): 1:46pm On Jul 09, 2007
I LOVE HER ALL THE SAME grin
Re: Fantasia Barrino Does Not Choose Her Songs Well by uchetobi(f): 4:50pm On Jul 09, 2007
The only word that can be used to describe her is boring. She lacks creativity
Re: Fantasia Barrino Does Not Choose Her Songs Well by lillya(f): 9:04pm On Jul 09, 2007
Re: Fantasia Barrino Does Not Choose Her Songs Well by lillya(f): 9:11pm On Jul 09, 2007
Re: Fantasia Barrino Does Not Choose Her Songs Well by Sjoko(m): 10:54pm On Jul 09, 2007
Not choosing her songs very well , there is a twist to that one.
She can sing, that's for sure. What she cannot do is write, and therefore she is
reliant on others (her producers) to pick the songs for her.
She is also not exactly blessed with an overdose in the brains department,
and therefore accept what people (read morons) plan for her.
Re: Fantasia Barrino Does Not Choose Her Songs Well by Seun(m): 11:14pm On Jul 09, 2007
She may not be able to write good songs, and in fact most performers do not write their songs, but she should be able to say, "this song is bad for me!" or "get me a songwriter who does gospel". It's so important. sad
Re: Fantasia Barrino Does Not Choose Her Songs Well by A40(m): 1:52pm On Jul 23, 2007
The girl is good jare you guys should stop hating and write your own songs
Re: Fantasia Barrino Does Not Choose Her Songs Well by Seun(m): 2:24pm On Jul 23, 2007
Her current best-selling song is nothing special except for the raunchy music video! Sex sells even Fantasia!
Re: Fantasia Barrino Does Not Choose Her Songs Well by zigbo(f): 9:03pm On Jul 24, 2007
i dont know wat y'alls talking abt,i think fantasia is an excellent singer. if she cant write songs then who's been writing all those lovely songs for her,including when i see you,truth is,even hood boy etc
FYI most artiste dnt write there own songs nd most of them that write cant sing *so wats d fuss. pls i like her style abeg.She's shown that she is very versatile, she doesnt ve to do the gospel thingy d"hood boy" track rily suits her.

wait a minute who's giving some of u ideas that she's nt doing well becos she has a hiphop star as her role model wat do y'all think mary j blige sings,jazz? na its called hip hop nd r'n'b
Seun:

And if she wants to sing love songs, she should sing songs about love going well. And the decision to dedicate her first albums to 'baby mamas'? Very wrong. Baby Mamas have no money to buy your CDs, girl! angry

Want more proof that her song choice is bad: her only number 1 song "[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Believe_%28Fantasia_song%29]I Believe[/url]" was an American Idol song.

dat simply doesnt make sense to me, wen peple dedicate songs to fallen soldiers, dead people,children etc does it mean that does are the only people allowed to buy the cd.gosh i cant believe wat i'm seeing here nd then comin from U shocked ,its unbelievable. did u kno that baby mamas simply means single mothers nd did u know that some celebs are single mothers nd most of em are doing rily wel.

abt the love going well,her life b4 american idol wasnt all fairy tale therefore her/people songs are reflections on her/there lives.

i'm sorry but this thread is all so annoying esp. this post. i cant even stand it, @least nt from . . . . . i' ouut b4 i cry,lol
Re: Fantasia Barrino Does Not Choose Her Songs Well by zigbo(f): 9:27pm On Jul 24, 2007
i love aretha franklin but hun she's BC *cool but thing is this is AD, we cant keep livin in the past 4eva.let the classic be the classic k.

(1) (Reply)

New Album By Nas Untitled / Funny Lines in Music / *download link* New Music: Mi - Undisputed Champion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.