Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Sitp(shell Intensive Training Program) Is Out?i Got Serioous Question, Pls Help? - Educational Services - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Educational Services / Sitp(shell Intensive Training Program) Is Out?i Got Serioous Question, Pls Help? (13881 Views)

Motir Seaspire Recruitment Training Program Result 2014/2015. / Oracle Training Program - The Much Needed Database Training Of The Hour. / How I Got Admission Into Harvard University In Usa For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sitp(shell Intensive Training Program) Is Out?i Got Serioous Question, Pls Help? by collinz: 9:47am On Jul 09, 2007
SITP(Shell Intensive Training Program-Undergraduates program) is out? What do you think? I have a Zenith job paying 70K/ month and now SPDC is calling me for training. Please anybody that has information as regards the training and its prospect pls tell me, so that i may take the best decisions. Thank you
Re: Sitp(shell Intensive Training Program) Is Out?i Got Serioous Question, Pls Help? by g99ma(f): 5:42pm On Jul 10, 2007
Collinz,

I was one of the first batch intakes of sitp (1999). With everything in life there is always the pros and cons , most of the guys/gals in my set got jobs with spdc but some people did not. Some did not even make it through the training. So basically it's a risk , you really have to dig deep within yourself and decide if you are willing to take that risk knowing the probability of eventually getting a job with spdc is not exactly 100%.

M
Re: Sitp(shell Intensive Training Program) Is Out?i Got Serioous Question, Pls Help? by texazzpete(m): 10:03am On Jul 11, 2007
collinz:

SITP(Shell Intensive Training Program-Undergraduates program) is out? What do you think? I have a Zenith job paying 70K/ month and now SPDC is calling me for training. Please anybody that has information as regards the training and its prospect please tell me, so that i may take the best decisions. Thank you

SITP is a one year intensive training programme designed to give you a broad overview and understanding of the upstream Oil and Gas business. Most of us who attended it strongly feel it's even better than a masters degree in Pet. eng.

There's no such thing as SITP 'undergraduates programme'. it's post-graduate. i trust you know the difference? anyway, IF you get accepted in the training program, then you're already a full shell staff, and you'll be earning about 5 times your current salary. There's no more selection after the training. if you get in, you're in.

but first, you've got to pass the Aptitude Test and the SRD (what you may call the interview stage. . .)
Re: Sitp(shell Intensive Training Program) Is Out?i Got Serioous Question, Pls Help? by fergiee: 1:15pm On Aug 09, 2007
@texazzpete
how do you know when the next one comes up!!??
Becos i want to register
Re: Sitp(shell Intensive Training Program) Is Out?i Got Serioous Question, Pls Help? by Opm: 11:32am On Nov 26, 2007
You might no longer require this clarification, but do note that the SITP has changed significantly since 1998. Back when SITP started, after one's stint in the training school, one then had to go through an 'Assessment Center ' which is the recruitment exercise into Shell. These days however, one would do the assessment center first before commencing the 1 year training.

Thus, successful applicants are no longer merely offered a place in the training program. Successful candidates are actually offered a place in the organization itself. But one's confirmation is subject to one being successful at the 1 year raining program.

A fresh employee-in-training will thus earn a full salary (much higher than 70k/month too), rather than the old 10k/month which was the typical SITP pay pre-2003.
Re: Sitp(shell Intensive Training Program) Is Out?i Got Serioous Question, Pls Help? by wallay(m): 5:39pm On Jun 10, 2008
please does antone have informatin on how to find out when the sitp program comes out for registration cause i cant seem to see it at their site. thank you very much.
Re: Sitp(shell Intensive Training Program) Is Out?i Got Serioous Question, Pls Help? by mobil4life: 1:23am On Mar 18, 2009
A long time ago we used to go through (Special High Intensity Training) rules too. I'm just really annoyed about my boyfriend from my past life calling me up from work to check baby's status rather than driving over at lunch to check himself and not on a colleague's phone. Biggest thugs man just do car checks and steal property from my dad's car. If U gonna do training for people change the programme U tell them to say 'Do not steal toolboxes from cars' and 'Do not call girlfriend to check if pregnant' whilst at work.
Re: Sitp(shell Intensive Training Program) Is Out?i Got Serioous Question, Pls Help? by geovinco: 10:45am On Jun 30, 2010
so hw do we knw 4rm here.for dat of s.i.p.t 2 for 2010 .do u have any info.pls tell me my no is 08139016141 or josiahezeoru@yahoo.com
Re: Sitp(shell Intensive Training Program) Is Out?i Got Serioous Question, Pls Help? by femi2sweet(m): 5:30pm On Jan 05, 2011
pls send me the SITP web site or email address.
thanks
Re: Sitp(shell Intensive Training Program) Is Out?i Got Serioous Question, Pls Help? by taofikoguntola: 8:07pm On Oct 27, 2012
I need the SITP address,web now.thank you.

1 Like

Re: Sitp(shell Intensive Training Program) Is Out?i Got Serioous Question, Pls Help? by ayobo1(m): 10:28pm On Mar 10, 2013
pls can some1 help me wt d SITP AND FSTP ADDRESSES. PLS. AYCLEM01@YAHOO.COM
Re: Sitp(shell Intensive Training Program) Is Out?i Got Serioous Question, Pls Help? by simileoluwa: 7:31pm On May 30, 2013
Pls I would appreciate if anyone can send me the
SITP website nd any other info I might need to rEgister.
My email is simi_agbabs@yahoo.com
Re: Sitp(shell Intensive Training Program) Is Out?i Got Serioous Question, Pls Help? by slideshow(m): 4:19pm On Jun 30, 2013
Hi, good friends out here hope all are doing ok? plz am also interested in geting the link or website to the Shell SITP the next time it comes up.
anyone with useful info can plz inbox my email: gentlebomc007@yahoo.com

thanks.

(1) (Reply)

List Of Gre/toefl Centers In Nigeria And Ghana / Project Topics And Materials In Nursing Science / Study In BĂ©nin republic ( university of Abomey-calavi)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.