Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,073 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

Procedure For Obtaining An Emergency Travel Certificate - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Procedure For Obtaining An Emergency Travel Certificate (6065 Views)

Medview Passengers Coming Out After Their Plane Made An Emergency Landing / U.S. Embassy Abuja New Procedure For Drop Box Renewals / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Procedure For Obtaining An Emergency Travel Certificate by thebaft: 2:16am On Apr 17, 2011
Hello all!

I want Nairalanders who have recently obtained an Emergency Travel Certificate from either the Nigerian Embassy in the US (DC/NYC/ATL), the Nigerian High Commission in Canada or the Nigerian High Commission in the UK to share their experiences. I am interested in knowing the following:

i.   How you applied. Did you call to book an appointment or did you just arrive at the Embassy and were attended to?
ii.  What documents you actually submitted (including payment).
iii. The interview time. Were you interviewed immediately or were you told to come back at a later date? What was the time frame between the application date and the interview date?
iv. The processing time. How long did it take to process and grant you the certificate? And were you told to come back and collect it, or was the certificate mailed to you in a self addressed return envelope?
v.  Validity. For how long is it valid?

I would be extremely grateful if someone out there can help answer my questions. I look forward to hearing from you all.

Thank you very much.
Re: Procedure For Obtaining An Emergency Travel Certificate by dellnet: 8:35am On Apr 17, 2011
The last time my sister applied we called the embassy in ATL, USA and had a phone interview in mothers tongue. I can't really remember what he asked but I guess it is just about verifying if she's truly Nigerian or not. After about a week we got it through Fedex. I think it was free, can't really remember all.
Re: Procedure For Obtaining An Emergency Travel Certificate by thebaft: 9:24am On Apr 17, 2011
@dell_net,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. It didn't really occur to me that the interview could be a telephone interview and not necessarily a face-to-face interview. Please, how recent was this? I'd love to know. By the way, did you sister receive any negative reception when she arrived at Immigration in Nigeria?

Thanks once again.
Re: Procedure For Obtaining An Emergency Travel Certificate by dellnet: 1:57pm On Apr 17, 2011
I think there are some preliminary steps to take this include sending photo etc so best is you contact the embassy that you want to get your TC from. Hers was in 2007. The staff were OK, I hear people complaining about them but they never did anything unprofessional to my knowledge.
Re: Procedure For Obtaining An Emergency Travel Certificate by thebaft: 2:07pm On Apr 17, 2011
@dell_net,

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Travel/ Volunteer Events / Information For An American Coming To Nigeria To Get Married / Unfolding: US Embassy Cancelling Visas! Stopping Nigerians From Entering America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.