Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,758 members, 7,851,593 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:54 PM

Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up (2866 Views)

How To Apply For A Job Online Without Your CV Or Cover Letters And Still Get Job / Where The Length Of Cv Or Cover Letter Is Not Stated Advise Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by encryptjay(m): 10:57pm On Mar 30, 2021
These guys would screw you over if they had the opportunity — I mean, they wouldn't even think twice if they had something like this on you.
Like someone said, crush them completely.
The company's interest is what should you should protect cos' you're not just there to collect salary. This is how you get good recommendation.

1 Like

Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by Patosky4U: 11:22pm On Mar 30, 2021
Wendy006:
Hi Folks, to hide my identity i had to use my alternate account. Your advise is hugely needed.

This happened mid 2019, this new guy joined the office from a competition and we were sort of close acquaintance. We managed different zones, so there was no rivalry. Shortly after his arrival, he joined forces with the area manger to pull me down. The guys had this dislike for me, honestly i don't know why despite hitting/surpassing targets time after time and some cases i was a global winner. The hatred was immense that i had to confront them several times, just incase i was unknowingly doing something against their wish. The AM was unable to influence my transfer cos i had some folks at HQ behind me. When this was not achieved, then the scheming began, It got so intense that i had to write the management for a rotation to a different department. The whole Nigeria went berserk with the decision, when i was questioned, i gave them my reason. The rest of what happened should be a story for another day.

Recently, I was sent to audit their records and i found things that once i escalate will instantly cost them both their jobs. The questions remains, if you were in my shoes, what would you do?

Two options
1, escalate, they will both loose their jobs amd possibly detained
2, Give them an opportunity to recover the money or block it with personal funds.

Late scheme of events shows that management is just waiting for a ruse to ask them both to leave, and this should be the final nail on thier coffin. Seems i have been carrying a moral burden since last night.

You better escalate, if the management find out that you withheld suck an important details you are in for it
Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by colossus91(m): 11:27pm On Mar 30, 2021
Wendy006:

Good Question?!
Yes can we can remediate.
Trying to have a large heart here.
no large heart bro let them go corruption has no place in our society!!
If not you will lose your own job
Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by Juliearth(f): 5:30am On Mar 31, 2021
Wendy006:
Hi Folks, to hide my identity i had to use my alternate account. Your advise is hugely needed.

This happened mid 2019, this new guy joined the office from a competition and we were sort of close acquaintance. We managed different zones, so there was no rivalry. Shortly after his arrival, he joined forces with the area manger to pull me down. The guys had this dislike for me, honestly i don't know why despite hitting/surpassing targets time after time and some cases i was a global winner. The hatred was immense that i had to confront them several times, just incase i was unknowingly doing something against their wish. The AM was unable to influence my transfer cos i had some folks at HQ behind me. When this was not achieved, then the scheming began, It got so intense that i had to write the management for a rotation to a different department. The whole Nigeria went berserk with the decision, when i was questioned, i gave them my reason. The rest of what happened should be a story for another day.

Recently, I was sent to audit their records and i found things that once i escalate will instantly cost them both their jobs. The questions remains, if you were in my shoes, what would you do?

Two options
2, Give them an opportunity to recover the money or block it with personal funds.

Late scheme of events shows that management is just waiting for a ruse to ask them both to leave, and this should be the final nail on thier coffin. Seems i have been carrying a moral burden since last night.

Do your job! You were sent to audit, audit and expose any discrepancy that you see. You are not being wicked, you are being human. What if you try to cover their tracks and they turn the tables against you, nipping you to the crime? Expose them!

Whenever your company throws out the vacancies for their roles, I would be glad to fill in cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by Juliearth(f): 5:31am On Mar 31, 2021
Wendy006:

Good Question?!

Yes can we can remediate.

Trying to have a large heart here.

There is a limit to how large your heart can grow. If it grows beyond its elastic limit, it would burst.
Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by sexy74(m): 6:27am On Mar 31, 2021
Wendy006:

Two options

Your last paragraph stated your thought about the action management would want to take.
This might be a trap for you too if you do not say it the way it is..
My take on this is that your audit report should be well spelt out and without any fear , let it show a true and fair view of what the account represents .

You can speak to the people who did the fraud and tell them what you found out, you should also advice them to refund such money to the coffers of the company .
Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by AgentGoat: 6:55am On Mar 31, 2021
Ode ni man niyen fa.

You will fired last last.

1 Like

Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by cjeriia: 7:03am On Mar 31, 2021
Wendy006:

Two options

Escalate so you don't end up paying with ur job one day. #nuffsaid
Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by Twelfthman: 8:02am On Mar 31, 2021
darkhauz:
One of the 48 laws of power says "Crush your enemies completely ". This is your chance they will not hold back if the tables we're turned.
Besides, you get to kill two birds with one stone. Do your job diligently while crushing your enemies.

I sight you.
All men should read the laws of power.
Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by Shokoloko(f): 8:18am On Mar 31, 2021
Wendy006:

Two options

Are you working for free or being paid salary?

If you are being paid, do your job following company policies. Please do not carry emotions into the office
Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by femi4: 8:18am On Mar 31, 2021
Wendy006:

Two options

Evil prevails when good people keep quiet. If you don't report them, if someone else find out and did, they ll assume that you are part of the plot

1 Like

Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by LeopardX: 8:19am On Mar 31, 2021
I don't actually have a job right now. But if I were in your position, I'll escalate the matter instantly. They will not cover your asś if you were the offending party.

1 Like

Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by cheeketo(f): 8:27am On Mar 31, 2021
Do whatever it takes to keep your job, put you first, if you don't report them and the management finds out that you have covering up for them, it might cost you all

1 Like

Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by Tobbit: 8:43am On Mar 31, 2021
This is a reflection of our society. Nigerians nor dey grant mercy at all
Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by Wickedtruths: 2:25pm On Jun 26, 2021
Tobbit:
This is a reflection of our society. Nigerians nor dey grant mercy at all

Mercy as how?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Job Opportunity / Nigeria Navy Dss / Marketers,sales Representatives N Business Consultants Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.