Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,359 members, 7,829,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up (2859 Views)

How To Apply For A Job Online Without Your CV Or Cover Letters And Still Get Job / Where The Length Of Cv Or Cover Letter Is Not Stated Advise Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by Wendy006: 3:28pm On Mar 30, 2021
Hello guys, i had to escalate and Immidiately they were both suspended pending detailed independent investigation. The tricky part is that the HR asked me to hold their offices until a replacement is advised.
Meanwhile, stories have been flying around how i implicated my brothers, cos we are from same tribe.

Honestly, i feel kind of subdued since the news broke out. Can someone here reassure me that i was not being vindictive but doing my job.

EARLIER STORY:
Hi Folks, to hide my identity i had to use my alternate account. Your advise is hugely needed.

This happened mid 2019, this new guy joined the office from a competition and we were sort of close acquaintance. We managed different zones, so there was no rivalry. Shortly after his arrival, he joined forces with the area manger to pull me down. The guys had this dislike for me, honestly i don't know why despite hitting/surpassing targets time after time and some cases i was a global winner. The hatred was immense that i had to confront them several times, just incase i was unknowingly doing something against their wish. The AM was unable to influence my transfer cos i had some folks at HQ behind me. When this was not achieved, then the scheming began, It got so intense that i had to write the management for a rotation to a different department. The whole Nigeria went berserk with the decision, when i was questioned, i gave them my reason. The rest of what happened should be a story for another day.

Recently, I was sent to audit their records and i found things that once i escalate will instantly cost them both their jobs. The questions remains, if you were in my shoes, what would you do?

Two options
1, escalate, they will both loose their jobs amd possibly detained
2, Give them an opportunity to recover the money or block it with personal funds.

Late scheme of events shows that management is just waiting for a ruse to ask them both to leave, and this should be the final nail on thier coffin. Seems i have been carrying a moral burden since last night.

1 Like

Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by nikola(m): 3:31pm On Mar 30, 2021
Wendy006:

Hi Folks, to hide my identity i had to use my alternate account. Your advise is hugely needed.

This happened mid 2019, this new guy joined the office from a competition and we were sort of close acquaintance. We managed different zones, so there was no rivalry. Shortly after his arrival, he joined forces with the area manger to pull me down. The guys had this dislike for me, honestly i don't know why despite hitting/surpassing targets time after time and some cases i was a global winner. The hatred was immense that i had to confront them several times, just incase i was unknowingly doing something against their wish. The AM was unable to influence my transfer cos i had some folks at HQ behind me. When this was not achieved, then the scheming began, It got so intense that i had to write the management for a rotation to a different department. The whole Nigeria went berserk with the decision, when i was questioned, i gave them my reason. The rest of what happened should be a story for another day.

Recently, I was sent to audit their records and i found things that once i escalate will instantly cost them both their jobs. The questions remains, if you were in my shoes, what would you do?

Two options
2, Give them an opportunity to recover the money or block it with personal funds.

Late scheme of events shows that management is just waiting for a ruse to ask them both to leave, and this should be the final nail on thier coffin. Seems i have been carrying a moral burden since last night.

Truth be told, option two should not even be in the picture. You should perform your job and submit the results. Thinking of the repercussion shouldn't be priority.

26 Likes

Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by Tobbit: 3:35pm On Mar 30, 2021
Will it cost you your job if you don't escalate and it's later discovered?

Can ammendments be done without/before escalation?

I believe you have the answer. You tell me what you have in mind, let's not stretch this long.

What do you have in mind to do?

3 Likes

Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by Wendy006: 3:57pm On Mar 30, 2021
Tobbit:
Will it cost you your job if you don't escalate and it's later discovered?

Can ammendments be done without/before escalation?

I believe you have the answer. You tell me what you have in mind, let's not stretch this long. What do you have in mind to do?

Good Question?!

Yes can we can remediate.

Trying to have a large heart here.
Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 30, 2021
Wendy006:

Good Question?!

Microfinance bank....hehehehe. we've been there.

If you're lucky you'll be demoted. Else you will be outrightly sacked. Escalate the weyrey. For else another will audit and they will drag you into it because you saw it previously and ignored. First give them hot query first. Copy head office

From a former area manager

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by laluski(m): 4:09pm On Mar 30, 2021
Think ahead of them in this game of chess. Eat you cake and have it at the sametime....
Lemme explain....
Call.. no... SUMMON/ORDER the 2 of them to your office. If either one refuses to come, send them a subtle yet clear message of they don't report to your office within 24hrs, you'll not be held responsible for actions after...
Now when they come, make it very brief and clear to them what is on ground and that you're giving them ***** time to get the funds back or you report them to higher authorities. Tell them clearly you're doing this NOT because you like them nor care for their well being but because of the people that depends on their salaries.Tell them you already made copies of the fraud and have kept it with "certain" people who if amy8 happens to you will escalate it to the management. Then tell them to get out of your office.
Make sure you have a video recording of your meeting with them.
When the set time expires, escalate the damn thing with a proof of your video meeting with them that you were trying to make them pay back the funds after seeing how "sorry" they were for their evil deeds
Thank me later grin

19 Likes

Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by OkikewinD: 4:15pm On Mar 30, 2021
Just do your job as you should.

What do you do when you don't know what to do?

Tell the truth.

When you have something to say, silence is a lie.

Just do your job.

1 Like

Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by Wendy006: 4:25pm On Mar 30, 2021
laluski:
Think ahead of them in this game of chess. Eat you cake and have it at the sametime....
Lemme explain....
Call.. no... SUMMON/ORDER the 2 of them to your office. If either one refuses to come, send them a subtle yet clear message of they don't report to your office within 24hrs, you'll not be held responsible for actions after...
Now when they come, make it very brief and clear to them what is on ground and that you're giving them ***** time to get the funds back or you report them to higher authorities. Tell them clearly you're doing this NOT because you like them nor care for their well being but because of the people that depends on their salaries.Tell them you already made copies of the fraud and have kept it with "certain" people who if amy8 happens to you will escalate it to the management. Then tell them to get out of your office.
When the set time expires, escalate the damn thing with a proof of your video meeting with them that you were trying to make them pay back the funds after seeing how "sorry" they were for their evil deeds
Thank me later grin

Bad guy

6 Likes

Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by dahmie2013: 4:42pm On Mar 30, 2021
OkikewinD:
Just do your job as you should.

What do you do when you don't know what to do?

Tell the truth.

When you have something to say, silence is a lie.

Just do your job.

Op, please follow this advice. Do your job. It will be too bad if another person does the same job & realises you were negligent at your job.

May God give you wisdom.

2 Likes

Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by janga02(m): 4:46pm On Mar 30, 2021
Wendy006:

Two options

Don't do what will backfire on you, and please whatever you decide to do, Do it with compassion because they have people that depend on them for survival.
Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by oginga: 4:52pm On Mar 30, 2021
Do your job as expected of you sir.

Just imagine if you are/were the one at the receiving end, will they pardon or give you second chance?

If your answer is no, then pull the trigger as fast and strong as you can... Some people don't deserve second chance because if you do then its like giving them extra ammunition to strike and crush you completely.

Having said that, if you cover them up and someone finds out the truth you will all be painted black with same brush.

All the best sir.
Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by Tobbit: 4:53pm On Mar 30, 2021
Wendy006:

Good Question?!

Let's explore a myriad of options

1. Have a phone on standby to do video and audio recording of your discussions. Call them privately that you noticed the books is in order and out of good fate you had to let them know before it gets to the higher ops

Pros

1. Anything can happen

2. You earn their maximum respect for life

3. You can bait them to be your slave for two life times

Cons.

1. If they take it heavily, your life may be threatened

2. They can spin things around and not act according to your plans

3. Anything can happen

Disclaimer :

Whatever your decision, Make sure you do not engage them without having 2 solid persons from your trusthip

You can earn yourself some credits here in exchange for letting them off the hook, Making it look like you're legit forgiving them, Hut your motive is to get insurance should the tables turn in the future.

So, you make them beg and all and grant mercy and give them time to tidy up, and earn insurance credits against the future.

What do you say? Don't mind me, I think ten miles farther than the regulars.

Whatever you decide upon, remember, it takes wisdom, patience and compassion to make the right/mature decision in life. Anything outside this is pure sorcery

3 Likes

Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by Tobbit: 5:05pm On Mar 30, 2021
Cc

Lalasticlala

Dominique

Mynd44

MrKnowItAll

Sissy3

Farano

Can we have this page loved to front page for wider views please?

1 Like

Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by prince22607(m): 5:09pm On Mar 30, 2021
submit your report to the management. if not, u will find yourself in a big mess that u can't clean alone.
protect your integrity.

5 Likes

Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by conscienceman4(m): 5:28pm On Mar 30, 2021
Escalate and remove your hand if not it will turn back to you as the auditor.

1 Like

Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by sulaimon22: 5:32pm On Mar 30, 2021
I'd advice you escalate the issue because if the management finds out with another auditor you will definitely be in mess
Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by sunnedee2: 6:38pm On Mar 30, 2021
MejiLoyon:

If you're lucky you'll be demoted. Else you will be outrightly sacked. Escalate the weyrey. Or else another will audit and they will drag you into it because you saw it previously and ignored. First give them hot query first. Copy head office

Op, follow this advice. Consider the bolded part.
Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 30, 2021
Listen very well. Do your job. If they were your close pals, it would be good to cover them. But they're not.

Do the right thing.

How do you know that the company doesn't already know what's going on and just want to find out if you're a part of the cartel

Wendy006:

Two options

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by Freemasonry: 7:26pm On Mar 30, 2021
I appreciate your trying to be a good person here, but trust me if there’s any blowback these guys will not hesitate to rope you in. In fact, they’ll transfer the heat to you.
So go ahead and perform your duties diligently.
Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by obiekunie2: 8:02pm On Mar 30, 2021
Wendy006:

Bad guy

oga i hope you are aware that management may be aware of this fraud hence their reason for sending you to audit their record with the hope that based on your rough relationship with the suspects, you will not be stupid enough to try cover their fraud.

you better do your job without fear or favor before you fall mugu for another person shit.
Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by darkhauz(m): 8:12pm On Mar 30, 2021
One of the 48 laws of power says "Crush your enemies completely ". This is your chance they will not hold back if the tables we're turned.
Besides, you get to kill two birds with one stone. Do your job diligently while crushing your enemies.

5 Likes

Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by Tobbit: 8:17pm On Mar 30, 2021
darkhauz:
One of the 48 laws of power says "Crush your enemies completely ". This is your chance they will not hold back if the tables we're turned.
Besides, you get to kill two birds with one stone. Do your job diligently while crushing your enemies.

Lolz
Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by Uyigue12(m): 8:26pm On Mar 30, 2021
Wendy006:

Two options

The bitter truth was that I was once in your shoes and out of self pity compassion I lost my own job till date I have never recover properly from the mess!!! My comment to you is that follow ur mind and also remember that people depends on you for survival ...be wise to protect ur job first not self pity think...And if I ask you have you even thought about it this way what if ur the one what did you think any of them will do to you.......think bro

3 Likes

Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by Oyiboman69: 8:43pm On Mar 30, 2021
Wendy006:

Two options

if you can tell me only one thing you'll achieve if you pardon their excesses and one thing you'll loose if you do your job correctly... Then I'll give you the answers you seek...
Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by MufasaLion: 8:43pm On Mar 30, 2021
Do what is in the interest of your company. With that you're saving your job.

Helping these people will not stop their disgust and hatred for you.

1 Like

Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by JovialJune(f): 9:30pm On Mar 30, 2021
judahh:

Listen very well. Do your job. If they were your close pals, it would be good to cover them. But they're not.

Do the right thing.

How do you know that the company doesn't already know what's going on and just want to find out if you're a part of the cartel

A very good question.

2 Likes

Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by Angelacruz: 9:41pm On Mar 30, 2021
Very valid reply...op heed to dis advice
laluski:
Lemme explain....
Thank me later grin
Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by FiverrTutor(m): 9:56pm On Mar 30, 2021
MejiLoyon:

If you're lucky you'll be demoted. Else you will be outrightly sacked. Escalate the weyrey. For else another will audit and they will drag you into it because you saw it previously and ignored. First give them hot query first. Copy head office

@OP, if you're wise you better take this advise. I was once in a similar situation like yours and I decided to cover it up Alas about a year later after external auditors from KPMG discovered it I was suspended (sacked). Oga ethics first ooo.
Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by InventTech: 10:04pm On Mar 30, 2021
laluski:
Lemme explain....
Thank me later grin

Dear OP, here's your answer, get on with it.

1 Like

Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 30, 2021
Wendy006:

Two options

Bro, Do Ur Job. Choose Number 1 As Option. Final Ans. U May Latter Plead On D Mgt For 4giveness On Their Behalf. Don't Do Anything Dat Will Later Back Fire U Or Make D Mgt Lose Their Trust On U. They Trusted U Dat's Why U Were Given Dat Assignment.

2 Likes

Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 30, 2021
your loyalty and care should be towards the establishments you are working for.
Do not hide nor play the truth down... there are other people that are aware of the information you think only you know
Re: Update!!!! Should I Escalate Or cover them Up by DesChyko: 10:41pm On Mar 30, 2021
Wendy006:
Two options

I was in a similar position sometime last year..and decided to play a good Samaritan. The slightest opportunity my adversary got, he didn't just throw me under a bus but a gigantic train. Not even my ego survived.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oceanic Bank Take Home Pay / Join Me And Praise God / Wema Bank Plc Ongoing Graduate/exp Cv Submission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.