Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,269 members, 7,839,351 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja? (27679 Views)

Nigerian Woman Laments The Increasing Cost Of Living In Canada / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja? by culf: 5:50am On Apr 02, 2021
Hongkog:
Hi everyone, please i would love to know how much it will cost me to relocate to Abuja, specifically the cost of rent and transportation, preferably in Jabi or in anyother place there.

Jabi is expensive unless in places like Jahi. in jahi, you can get a good place for 250 to 400k (1 room). You can also get affordable houses in close by areas like lugbe, abacha road (Mararaba), karu and other close by towns.
For transportation, it depend if your work require you staying in one place or moving round. If its just to go to office and back home, then you might not have issue but if you have to move round often, then its capital intensive. You will need to be talking drops or do uber/bolt. the cheapest drop or distance in abuja is 300h unless on few occasions you can enter taxi (along) for 100H.
Abuja expensive oooo

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja? by brookeroberts78(f): 9:35am On Apr 02, 2021
The total cost of living is around $2,110 in Abuja. The average rent in Abuja for a one-bedroom apartment in the city center is approximately $1,800 per month, and utilities cost around $52 a month. Other costs will be around $362 including markets, transportation, restaurants, and sports and leisure for one person.

[url="http://www.glassmirror.ae/glass-partition-for-shower/"]glass partition for shower[/url]
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja? by zuma4k(m): 8:45pm On Apr 02, 2021
As a bolt or uber rider, is it possible living in the outskirts of the city and still meeting up with the demands?
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja? by xactcore(m): 7:35pm On Apr 03, 2021
Cti28:

2 bedroom flat ranges from 150k to 300k
1 bedroom flat ranges between 80 to 200k
1 room self contained ranges between 60k to 120k
Face me I slap you ranges between 18k to 50k
Over here, they rarely built 3 bedroom and above for rentage.

Thanks

Pls do you reside in suleja?. I got a job offering but conditions is i have to get accommodations to proceed with my final stage of the interview
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja? by Cti28(m): 8:51pm On Apr 03, 2021
xactcore post=100459492,:

Thanks

Pls do you reside in suleja?. I got a job offering but conditions is i have to get accommodations to proceed with my final stage of the interview

Yes I do
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja? by ArticleBeast: 8:13am On Apr 04, 2021
xactcore:

Thanks

What type of interview is that? What if they refuse to give you the job at the end

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja? by LifeSolutionsTV: 3:39pm On Apr 04, 2021
LMS1:

No, But I Am Ekori By Origin.

That's beautiful cos I'm presently in your hometown since december last year for some Agricultural Exploits....

Where are you presently based?
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja? by xactcore(m): 4:02pm On Apr 04, 2021
ArticleBeast:

What type of interview is that? What if they refuse to give you the job at the end

Same question i asked my self, because the offer was for lagos, Ogun and Niger.

Throughout the early stages of the interview process, on my mail reponse it was Ogun state not when i got the last email that "based on my previous experience .... that to that.... my preferred position is suited in niger state. That before i proceed i have to have gotten accommodations to complete my final interview"

But spoken to some senior colleagues of mine, what they suggest is to get a temporary stay that it might just be what they need as the final stage. So it more of a gamble to me.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja? by armyofone(m): 5:02pm On Apr 05, 2021
brookeroberts78:
The total cost of living is around $2,110 in Abuja. The average rent in Abuja for a one-bedroom apartment in the city center is approximately $1,800 per month, and utilities cost around $52 a month. Other costs will be around $362 including markets, transportation, restaurants, and sports and leisure for one person.

[url="http://www.glassmirror.ae/glass-partition-for-shower/"]glass partition for shower[/url]

American dollar is what you now use in Nigeria?
Why the $ sign ?

Why not use Naira to tell us the price of living in Abuja ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja? by xactcore(m): 6:09pm On Apr 22, 2021
Cti28:

Yes I do
Hi gotten the job already grace to God, they actually give me accommodations is sabo wuse but not really convinent here no light for about 4days now can you help in assisting me connect to an agent to get apartment in abuja Kaduna road or suleja thanks
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja? by Cti28(m): 8:56pm On Apr 22, 2021
xactcore:

Hi gotten the job already grace to God, they actually give me accommodations is sabo wuse but not really convinent here no light for about 4days now can you help in assisting me connect to an agent to get apartment in abuja Kaduna road or suleja thanks
Alright, I will do that. Which type of apartment do u need?
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja? by xactcore(m): 1:06pm On Apr 29, 2021
aigjoey:

I just relocated to Abuja from Lagos this month. I got a 2 bedroom flat for 750k and Agency fees 75k in kubwa. Though, I was lucky in finding a house of my choice at the said price.

I had to moved my properties from Lagos to Abuja and that cost me 190k. This far better than selling them at cheaper rate in Lagos and you know things are very expensive now. In total, I spent about 1.5m naira.

I am not regretting it at all. Abuja is lovely.

Can i dm you to ask about detail of how you moved your stuff.. also want to move my stuff too
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja? by krissconnect(m): 2:35pm On Apr 29, 2021
Hongkog:
Hi everyone, please i would love to know how much it will cost me to relocate to Abuja, specifically the cost of rent and transportation, preferably in Jabi or in anyother place there.
It depends the area sha. There is an estate in jabi dat shud be costing around 500k + for a one bedroom. But if its in any of the villages, you will get a self contain for 150k. A one bedroom for 350k or more. It all depends on the area. House rents are quite expensive here if you wanna stay in a relaxed area, not village.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja? by Slyzen(m): 9:50pm On Apr 29, 2021
cchub:

No Shiit bruh, my bro stays at 3rd Ave. Pays 750k for a small room and parlor.

While with 350k at dei dei, I'm living like a king on a 3 bedroom flat.

My bro, sorry to bother you.

I am looking to move to that side. But I heard dei dei is full of northerners and is unsafe?? Please what is the light situation like in dei dei?

Also, between dei dei and kubwa, which area has more business activities / corporate services?

Thanks. Will really appreciate your honest response. God bless.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja? by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 30, 2021
Slyzen:

My bro, sorry to bother you.

I am looking to move to that side. But I heard dei dei is full of northerners and is unsafe?? Please what is the light situation like in dei dei?

Also, between dei dei and kubwa, which area has more business activities / corporate services?

Thanks. Will really appreciate your honest response. God bless.
Dei dei has more southerners than northerners. It's relatively safe and the light situation is okay. At least 16 hours light per day.

Kubwa is more developed than dei dei, so definitely has more business activities and corporate services.

Dei dei has two markets and it's a construction materials hub. The traffic is always deadly early in the morning and in the evening.

But apart from that, it's a peaceful place to live.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja? by tchidi066(f): 8:57am On Apr 30, 2021
I moved here like three weeks ago, my observations, Abuja is OK and less stressful, the spoiler alert is accommodation, apart from that, life is quite easy here
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja? by Anfield247(m): 9:01am On Apr 30, 2021
tchidi066:
I moved here like three weeks ago, my observations, Abuja is OK and less stressful, the spoiler alert is accommodation, apart from that, life is quite easy here
Na u talkam oh...
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja? by Slyzen(m): 10:49am On Apr 30, 2021
cchub:

Dei dei has more southerners than northerners. It's relatively safe and the light situation is okay. At least 16 hours light per day.

Kubwa is more developed than dei dei, so definitely has more business activities and corporate services.

Dei dei has two markets and it's a construction materials hub. The traffic is always deadly early in the morning and in the evening.

But apart from that, it's a peaceful place to live.

Thanks bro. God bless.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja? by SoapQueen(f): 6:50pm On Sep 04, 2021
Hongkog:

I have no access to my nairaland email. Want to drop your personal email?
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja? by FolabiCash: 3:46pm On Sep 05, 2021
Hmm
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja? by yinkarh187(m): 8:27pm On Dec 01, 2021
I'm about to move to Abuja by January next year. My workplace is in Idu, where is the best area to rent a self con accommodation and what's the price range? Someone told me about Lugbe and Lokogoma

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja? by kaywhy09(m): 5:38pm On Dec 12, 2021
yinkarh187:
I'm about to move to Abuja by January next year. My workplace is in Idu, where is the best area to rent a self con accommodation and what's the price range? Someone told me about Lugbe and Lokogoma

Hello.

Have you been able to secure apartment? Please, I'll appreciate if you share details with me and how you go about it.

I wish to change environment and Abuja is my better choice.

I do mind shared apartment as well.

Thank you.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja? by Tmlivesport(m): 6:17pm On Dec 25, 2021
yinkarh187:

We welcome you to Abuja

Lugbe or lokogoma is a good choice

Self con accommodation should be around 300,000 to 400,000 depending on the facilities

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja? by DukeNija(m): 10:12am On Apr 07, 2022
aigjoey:

I just relocated to Abuja from Lagos this month. I got a 2 bedroom flat for 750k and Agency fees 75k in kubwa. Though, I was lucky in finding a house of my choice at the said price.

I had to moved my properties from Lagos to Abuja and that cost me 190k. This far better than selling them at cheaper rate in Lagos and you know things are very expensive now. In total, I spent about 1.5m naira.

I am not regretting it at all. Abuja is lovely.

Can you please share the contact of the company or person that moved your property to Abuja? I’m interested. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abuja Rail Line Experience: Don’t Applaud Yet By Cynthia Ferdinand / Truck Falls On Car On Third Mainland Bridge (Photos) / Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.