Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,339 members, 7,860,842 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:14 PM

Can You Ever Do This For Your Children? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Ever Do This For Your Children? (1561 Views)

Your Children Need This Awesome 'made In Nigeria' Dolls!! (pic) / Drug Abuse: When Last Did You Check Your Children’s Bags? – NAFDAC / Is Smacking Your Children The Best Way Of Discipline? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Ever Do This For Your Children? by OfficialR(m): 1:55pm On Apr 01, 2021
Hello again

So for the Easter holidays coming up I decided to go to my aunt's house after a long time. Now her children, a girl and a boy, both in SS1 and JSS2 respectively, have a computer each in their house. They also have unlimited internet connectivity

Now because of this, they usually play an online game called Roblox. This game used to be interesting to me back when I was younger but it is no longer either because I got older or the game just got boring

In this game, there is this in-game currency called Robux that you buy with real money (prices attached below). You use this Robux for buying special features in the game. Now my aunt bought £18.49 worth of this Robux for her son (I think the girl doesn't play the game anymore) which is about #10,000

Now this got me a little upset because I could think of 1001 things I could use that money for instead of buying a currency in a game that isn't even worth it

Now I want to ask this question, would you purchase anything that costs this much in an online game for your children?

Re: Can You Ever Do This For Your Children? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 2:04pm On Apr 01, 2021
There is no issue with what madam did for her children. It's the holidays, allow the children relax unless u are telling us they are dullards...even dullards deserve to rest and entertain themselves

Check out my store and purchase plenty things
Re: Can You Ever Do This For Your Children? by MufasaLion: 2:11pm On Apr 01, 2021
OfficialR:
Hello again

So for the Easter holidays coming up I decided to go to my aunt's house after a long time. Now her children, a girl and a boy, both in SS1 and JSS2 respectively, have a computer each in their house. They also have unlimited internet connectivity

Now because of this, they usually play an online game called Roblox. This game used to be interesting to me back when I was younger but it is no longer either because I got older or the game just got boring

In this game, there is this in-game currency called Robux that you buy with real money (prices attached below). You use this Robux for buying special features in the game. Now my aunt bought £18.49 worth of this Robux for her son (I think the girl doesn't play the game anymore) which is about #10,000

Now this got me a little upset because I could think of 1001 things I could use that money for instead of buying a currency in a game that isn't even worth it

Now I want to ask this question, would you purchase anything that costs this much in an online game for your children?

She can buy £10k game feature for her children it's not your business. You'll understand when you reach some level monetarily.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Ever Do This For Your Children? by OfficialR(m): 2:15pm On Apr 01, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
There is no issue with what madam did for her children. It's the holidays, allow the children relax unless u are telling us they are dullards...even dullards deserve to rest and entertain themselves

But still that feels like a lot. Even back when I used to play the game, I always asked my parents for even the smallest price, they wouldn't. I'm not saying it's bad to buy things in a game online but still maybe not so expensive
Re: Can You Ever Do This For Your Children? by OfficialR(m): 2:18pm On Apr 01, 2021
MufasaLion:

She can buy £10k game feature for her children it's not your business. You'll understand when you reach some level monetarily.

Well I guess she has the money but maybe on a better game. That game isn't honestly that good. And if I ever told my parents those days, they would just laugh at me. Maybe once I start earning money by myself, I would buy something online myself and see how it feels
Re: Can You Ever Do This For Your Children? by MufasaLion: 2:21pm On Apr 01, 2021
OfficialR:

Well I guess she has the money but maybe on a better game. That game isn't honestly that good. And if I ever told my parents those days, they would just laugh at me. Maybe once I start earning money by myself, I would buy something online myself and see how it feels

That's it bruv!. With what you wrote it shows they're doing well financially. Have fun mate!

1 Like

Re: Can You Ever Do This For Your Children? by OfficialR(m): 2:25pm On Apr 01, 2021
MufasaLion:

That's it bruv!. With what you wrote it shows they're doing well financially. Have fun mate!
Well alright. I just wished I got what I wanted for once. Bye sad
Re: Can You Ever Do This For Your Children? by MufasaLion: 2:27pm On Apr 01, 2021
OfficialR:

Well alright. I just wished I got what I wanted for once. Bye sad

Lol... We can't have it all.

1 Like

Re: Can You Ever Do This For Your Children? by BareFacedLies(m): 2:36pm On Apr 01, 2021
You can buy it for them occasionally but they should not get used to it
Re: Can You Ever Do This For Your Children? by Exmilitant(m): 2:37pm On Apr 01, 2021
MufasaLion:

There are billionaires who are meticuluos with money. I wouldn't spend foolishly because i have reached some level monetarily. Na so una dey raise morons in the name of big man pikin. Las las na street go teach them.

5 Likes

Re: Can You Ever Do This For Your Children? by OfficialR(m): 2:38pm On Apr 01, 2021
BareFacedLies:
You can buy it for them occasionally but they should not get used to it
True
Re: Can You Ever Do This For Your Children? by MufasaLion: 2:40pm On Apr 01, 2021
Exmilitant:
There are billionaires who are meticuluos with money. I wouldn't spend foolishly because i have reached some level monetarily. Na so una dey raise morons in the name of big man pikin. Las las na street go teach them.

Buying expensive things for kids doesn't make them morons. It depends on how you raise them.

There are people that doesn't come from wealthy homes but they are still morons.

Everything is based on how you raise your kid.

7 Likes

Re: Can You Ever Do This For Your Children? by mariahAngel(f): 2:44pm On Apr 01, 2021
Exmilitant:

Na black man way!
Re: Can You Ever Do This For Your Children? by Exmilitant(m): 3:39pm On Apr 01, 2021
mariahAngel:

Na black man way!

How e take be blackman way? Maybe you haven't met a thrifty white man. My friend, everybody dey run him life with certain philosophy. Personally, i wouldn't buy or permit my wife to buy (with real money) stuff for a game that isn't relevant.
Re: Can You Ever Do This For Your Children? by Exmilitant(m): 3:50pm On Apr 01, 2021
MufasaLion:

Buying expensive things for kids doesn't make them morons. It depends on how you raise them.

There are people that doesn't come from wealthy homes but they are still morons.

It doesn't depend on how you raise them! Discard that thought. Recently, an 11year old girl was rushed to a teaching hospital. Did you know why? The young girl use the handle of a kitchen knife to deflower herself. Did you know why? Her father, a millonaire allowed her all the toys money could buy. Imagine a well guarded 11year old with an Iphone! Shun that mentality of, 'my children no go smell poverty'. Discipline in the long run pays off.
Re: Can You Ever Do This For Your Children? by GeneralPula: 3:51pm On Apr 01, 2021
Just say you want to introduce Robox..
Re: Can You Ever Do This For Your Children? by MufasaLion: 4:10pm On Apr 01, 2021
Exmilitant:
It doesn't depend on how you raise them! Discard that thought. Recently, an 11year old girl was rushed to a teaching hospital. Did you know why? The young girl use the handle of a kitchen knife to deflower herself. Did you know why? Her father, a millonaire allowed her all the toys money could buy. Imagine a well guarded 11year old with an Iphone! Shun that mentality of, 'my children no go smell poverty'. Discipline in the long run pays off.

That's not the point I'm making. I'm not against discipline. But I'm saying buying expensive toys for kids is not a bad idea. Someone that knows how the society is right now will definitely be cautious of how and what expensive toys to buy. You can still be disciplined and still give your kids expensive toys. Expensive toys can be educational, recreational or whatever. I know people that only buy their kids expensive educational toys and they still discipline them when needed.

A kid for example that's interested in art can be given an expensive or affordable drawing pad and necessary tools to use to practice just to increase his/her skills.

Only a foolish person buys expensive toys and raise children without discipline or moral. Especially on this world we are now.

Thanks for sharing your ideas bruv.

Stay safe

6 Likes

Re: Can You Ever Do This For Your Children? by culf: 9:24am On Apr 02, 2021
bro, yourself will even do more when the money is there.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Ever Do This For Your Children? by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 02, 2021
It's her money. She can do whatever she wants with it, even if it's buying for her kids what you consider useless. E no concern you. When you have your own kids you can do whatever you want with them.

1 Like

Re: Can You Ever Do This For Your Children? by descarado: 12:05pm On Apr 02, 2021
Exmilitant:
Big man pikin continues from where his dad stopped cos his future has already been established.

You won't see him on the street either.

Poverty mentality is bad.

1 Like

Re: Can You Ever Do This For Your Children? by descarado: 12:13pm On Apr 02, 2021
MufasaLion:

Thank you.
Wonder why we toil to make money and then not spend that on our treasures.

But a guy can easily buy iPhone 12 for his babe.
Guess babes are more important than children grin

2 Likes

Re: Can You Ever Do This For Your Children? by MufasaLion: 4:49pm On Apr 02, 2021
descarado:

Thank you.
Wonder why we toil to make money and then not spend that on our treasures.

But a guy can easily buy iPhone 12 for his babe.
Guess babes are more important than children grin

Fact bruv!.

grin
Re: Can You Ever Do This For Your Children? by ImaIma1(f): 10:50am On Apr 03, 2021
Exmilitant:

Expensive toys is not the problem. It's how the kids are brought up. Kids that didn't grow up with much are not necessarily better. The street doesn't teach morals and manners.

The ones who grew up in poverty still do worse than the privileged ones. Good upbringing should be emphasized

2 Likes

Re: Can You Ever Do This For Your Children? by bukatyne(f): 11:24am On Apr 03, 2021
OfficialR:
Hello again

@bold:

This is beginning of witchcraft.

A woman bought game points for her kids and you are angry that YOU could have used the money for a 1001 things.

The money is not yours to use or imagine about.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Ever Do This For Your Children? by GboyegaD(m): 9:37pm On Apr 03, 2021
Anyways, I play drugrunners and I pay for membership and also for the necessary tools/machinery for each elements I own.

In addition, I buy stuffs when playing candy crush too.

In essence, I wouldn't have problems doing same for my kids. I believe in being serious when needed and playing hard when needed as well.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Can Marriage To A Beautiful Woman Keep A Man From Philandering? / Women And Their Funny Behaviours Sometimes. / What's D First Thing U Do To Ur Little Baby Every Morning?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.