Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,760 members, 7,813,520 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

Do You Think You'll End Up Marrying A Fellow Nigerian? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Think You'll End Up Marrying A Fellow Nigerian? (947 Views)

Does Our Generation Still Care About Marrying Virgins ?? / Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? / What Do You Do When You Meet A Fellow Nigerian Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think You'll End Up Marrying A Fellow Nigerian? by DaRapture: 7:50pm On Apr 17, 2011
I just wanted to know how many of you think you'll end up marrying a person of your own nationality or someone not of your nationality. This question is mostly for those who live outside of their native nation. I ask because I've noticed a rather high rate of African guys whom are not married, dating and or engaged to a African girl.

The vast majority of the African guys I personally know, especially the middle aged and young ones, are settled with mostly AA and White girls, and it's a shame that more African girls do not seek to date outside of their nationality or even ethnic group, because at the rate at which their guys are dating out here in the US, well I'll leave it at that.
Re: Do You Think You'll End Up Marrying A Fellow Nigerian? by Blazay(m): 10:40pm On Apr 17, 2011
Already did and cannot marry another tribe, race or nationality.
I married a Jamaican named 'Zainab'. grin
Not a racist or ethnicist by any means.
Just not interested in learning new cultures and ideologies
Besides, I never had shortages of good Nigerian suitors.
As long as it not a Yoruba or Across the Niger Nigerian. . . I am fine.

I am done. Thanks to my GOD I don't have to look any more.
I gatz minezzzzzzzzz.
A dannnnnnn goooood one tooo!kiss
Re: Do You Think You'll End Up Marrying A Fellow Nigerian? by MrsChima(f): 3:13am On Apr 18, 2011
DaRapture:

I just wanted to know how many of you think you'll end up marrying a person of your own nationality or someone not of your nationality. This question is mostly for those who live outside of their native nation. I ask because I've noticed a rather high rate of African guys whom are not married, dating and or engaged to a African girl.

The vast majority of the African guys I personally know, especially the middle aged and young ones, are settled with mostly AA and White girls, and it's a shame that more African girls do not seek to date outside of their nationality or even ethnic group, because at the rate at which their guys are dating out here in the US, well I'll leave it at that.

There are thousands of African girls that are either married to or dating men that are not Africans. Maybe you are talking about the ones you know in your area but there are African girls all over the world dating other men not just African men.

If these African girls do not want to date outside of their "circle" who are you to tell them who they should date or marry? It is none of your business why they prefer their own. It is their rights as human being to date or marry as they chooses.
Re: Do You Think You'll End Up Marrying A Fellow Nigerian? by DaRapture: 3:27am On Apr 18, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

There are thousands of African girls that are either married to or dating men that are not Africans. Maybe you are talking about the ones you know in your area but there are African girls all over the world dating other men not just African men.

If these African girls do not want to date outside of their "circle" who are you to tell them who they should date or marry? It is none of your business why they prefer their own. It is their rights as human being to date or marry as they chooses.

I've not told anyone what they should do, I've only suggested.
Re: Do You Think You'll End Up Marrying A Fellow Nigerian? by MrsChima(f): 2:02am On Apr 19, 2011
Suggested something to someone is telling someone suga. wink Otherwise, how would they know what you are suggesting? wink
Re: Do You Think You'll End Up Marrying A Fellow Nigerian? by InkedNerd(f): 6:21am On Apr 19, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Suggested something to someone is telling someone suga.   wink  Otherwise, how would they know what you are suggesting?   wink

Sista Chima, I love ya girl but I gotta disagree with you there. Suggestion is not an order. If you and I are shopping and I see a nice item and suggest it to you, am I telling you to buy it? Or if you and I decide to go Six Flags and I see a ride and suggest that you go on it, I am telling you to go on it? No. Ultimately, the decision would be up to you because I am not forcing you to do it nor am I telling you that it is a must.

DaRapture:

The vast majority of the African guys I personally know, especially the middle aged and young ones, are settled with mostly AA and White girls, and it's a shame that more African girls do not seek to date outside of their nationality or even ethnic group, because at the rate at which their guys are dating out here in the US,  well I'll leave it at that.

lol, the question should be will I even get married? Anyway to answer your question, with all honestly I don't know. I might marry a Nigerian and I might not marry a Nigerian--it's pretty much up in the air. I'm open minded when it comes to dating people of other nationalities, ethnicities, or religious beliefs. At times, I get the feeling I may not marry a man who is from the same national ethnic group that I'm "from". I used to think that even if I didn't end up with a Nigerian, I'd at least end up with someone who was African regardless of what region their from. Even if i don't end up with a Nigerian or African, I'm ok with the idea.
Re: Do You Think You'll End Up Marrying A Fellow Nigerian? by jasman1: 10:20pm On Apr 19, 2011
Its always fun watching games or such from the side line, isn't it?. I've been married for 17yrs, don't confuse dating with marriage pls, they're NOT the same. Dating is when you see each other and bring your very best, and in most cases, its always the TWO of you.  My advise for the ladies, for the obvious, stay wih someone from your culture or at worst, from the same country. You can trivialiseit and play around with words if you like but, hope you don't find out the hard way. Good luck
Re: Do You Think You'll End Up Marrying A Fellow Nigerian? by MrsChima(f): 3:38am On Apr 20, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Sista Chima, I love ya girl but I gotta disagree with you there. Suggestion is not an order. If you and I are shopping and I see a nice item and suggest it to you, am I telling you to buy it? Or if you and I decide to go Six Flags and I see a ride and suggest that you go on it, I am telling you to go on it? No. Ultimately, the decision would be up to you because I am not forcing you to do it nor am I telling you that it is a must.

lol, the question should be will I even get married? Anyway to answer your question, with all honestly I don't know. I might marry a Nigerian and I might not marry a Nigerian--it's pretty much up in the air. I'm open minded when it comes to dating people of other nationalities, ethnicities, or religious beliefs. At times, I get the feeling I may not marry a man who is from the same national ethnic group that I'm "from". I used to think that even if I didn't end up with a Nigerian, I'd at least end up with someone who was African regardless of what region their from. Even if i don't end up with a Nigerian or African, I'm ok with the idea.

Inky, You know I love you too girl! However, in order to suggest something to someone you must tell them of your suggestions. Suggestions is not a forced action nor telling is a forced action. I can tell you to jump the bridge or suggest that you jump off the bridge both will have the same effect because of the correlations.

We can "pretend" that suggesting something to someone is not telling them. wink
Re: Do You Think You'll End Up Marrying A Fellow Nigerian? by iice(f): 5:04am On Apr 20, 2011
No. I'm already one. Don't see the point in limiting myself.

(1) (Reply)

Any Ekiti Person In The House? / Happy New Year!!! / A Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.