Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Should I Continue With My Faith/passion Or Listen To People's Advise?? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Continue With My Faith/passion Or Listen To People's Advise?? (396 Views)

Faith Academy: Secondary School Campus By Bishop David Oyedepo / Should I Continue With Mathematics Or Write JAMB To Study Computer Science? / ASUU Vows To Continue With Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Continue With My Faith/passion Or Listen To People's Advise?? by Johnrio22(m): 8:43pm On Apr 02, 2021
Please my fellow nairalanders, my greetings to you all.
Am in serious confusion, hence my reason for creating this thread.
I applied for geology. Though I performed very well in my jamb( got 297) and also in the post utme. I chosed geology mainly because of my Passion for it......... like things about earth studies (my classmates even call me earthquake because of how I always talk of things related to earth forces)
But my problem now is that many people I have talked with about my course always shoove their head with it. They normally tell me that it's not lucrative and being from poor background that I should go for higher courses( they normally recommend laboratory technology or medicine/surgery).A man I talked with yesterday said I should resit for jamb and go for higher course, That I should not waste my intelligence in geology. But that's where my interest lies.
Please I need you guys advise.
Re: Should I Continue With My Faith/passion Or Listen To People's Advise?? by FairlyUSEDpussy: 8:49pm On Apr 02, 2021
Oga change that thing from FAITH TO FATE.....
Well..........geology is very good course but valueless in Nigeria......

Better.........u delve into something medical

Note:Studying geology is as expensive as studying medicine
Re: Should I Continue With My Faith/passion Or Listen To People's Advise?? by Johnrio22(m): 8:56pm On Apr 02, 2021
FairlyUSEDpussy:
Oga change that thing from FAITH TO FATE.....
Well..........geology is very good course but valueless in Nigeria......

Better.........u delve into something medical

Note:Studying geology is as expensive as studying medicine

Thanks for your contribution. But sincerely I don't have interest in medical line.
Re: Should I Continue With My Faith/passion Or Listen To People's Advise?? by Johnrio22(m): 8:58pm On Apr 02, 2021
MOD please help me move it to the front page please!!
Re: Should I Continue With My Faith/passion Or Listen To People's Advise?? by FairlyUSEDpussy: 9:05pm On Apr 02, 2021
Johnrio22:

Thanks for your contribution. But sincerely I don't have interest in medical line.

Well..........just know that only medicine & other professional courses not law,engineering,earth science courses, computer science, nor microbiology will guarantee u automatic employment after school..........
Re: Should I Continue With My Faith/passion Or Listen To People's Advise?? by heendrix(m): 9:19pm On Apr 02, 2021
Johnrio22:
I applied for geology. Though I performed very well in my jamb( got 297) and also in the post utme. I chosed geology mainly because of my Passion for it......... like things about earth studies (my classmates even call me earthquake because of how I always talk of things related to earth forces)
But my problem now is that many people I have talked with about my course always shoove their head with it. They normally tell me that it's not lucrative and being from poor background that I should go for higher courses( they normally recommend laboratory technician or medicine/surgery).A man I mate yesterday said I should resit for jamb and go for higher course, That I should not waste my intelligence in geology. But that's where my interest lies.

Don't mind those fools.....I'm sorry no insult intended

a man's talent would make a way for him that's what the Bible said and if it's ur passion why not do it and forget what people got to say. Geology is very lucrative, more lucrative than medicine take it from me
Re: Should I Continue With My Faith/passion Or Listen To People's Advise?? by Johnrio22(m): 9:28pm On Apr 02, 2021
heendrix:

Don't mind those fools.....I'm sorry no insult intended

a man's talent would make a way for him that's what the Bible said and if it's ur passion why not do it and forget what people got to say. Geology is very lucrative, more lucrative than medicine take it from me
Thank you very much dear.
You got me right.
Re: Should I Continue With My Faith/passion Or Listen To People's Advise?? by greatnaija01: 9:31pm On Apr 02, 2021
Johnrio22:
But my problem now is that many people I have talked with about my course always shoove their head with it. They normally tell me that it's not lucrative and being from poor background that I should go for higher courses( they normally recommend laboratory technician or medicine/surgery).A man I mate yesterday said I should resit for jamb and go for higher course, That I should not waste my intelligence in geology. But that's where my interest lies.

Every field of study has its geography.. and geology is a silent multi-billion naira stuff here in Nigeria.

See, there are places where you are needed o, I know a geologist who maps out sites for dredgers and excavators and helps miners find places for precious stones, he is a silent billionaire and very humble...... IT IS BIG BUSINESS HERE IN LAGOS and only few of us know it.... Many big men of God like OYEDEPO and others are also into it....

ONE KG OF PRECIOUS STONE can be sold for 3million.... at dark market price BUT when shattered into smaller pieces and put on rings and jewelries... the total worth runs into tens or hundreds of millions...

So there is so much to become in that course.... and if you really want to go far, travel abroad

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Faith/passion Or Listen To People's Advise?? by anthonyuncle(m): 9:41pm On Apr 02, 2021
Johnrio22:
A man I mate yesterday...

you did what?!
Re: Should I Continue With My Faith/passion Or Listen To People's Advise?? by Johnrio22(m): 9:49pm On Apr 02, 2021
anthonyuncle:

you did what?!

Please Oo, That was a mistake.
You know what I meant.
you funny oo
Re: Should I Continue With My Faith/passion Or Listen To People's Advise?? by heendrix(m): 9:58pm On Apr 02, 2021
Johnrio22:

Thank you very much dear.
You got me right.

Why geology is lucrative is do you know Gems like tourmaline, tantalite, Beirut, morganite even Gold are found in Nigeria and they worth a pound of Nairas n if you get trading these stones in no time you'd get to boss most of these guys discouraging you

a gold/gram sells 22,000 or 22,500 directly from miners, in which you can sell for 26k or 26,500 now count ur gains if you happen to buy n sell daily, weekly or monthly
Re: Should I Continue With My Faith/passion Or Listen To People's Advise?? by johnpaschal(m): 10:33pm On Apr 02, 2021
Johnrio22:
But my problem now is that many people I have talked with about my course always shoove their head with it. They normally tell me that it's not lucrative and being from poor background that I should go for higher courses( they normally recommend laboratory technology or medicine/surgery).A man I talked with yesterday said I should resit for jamb and go for higher course, That I should not waste my intelligence in geology. But that's where my interest lies.

Stay with your passion because you would never for a day seek for a job here in Nigeria, I guarantee you that.....

Nigeria wasn't meant for you ..that course would take you outside this nation ....you wouldn't have any reason to seek for a job here in Nigeria once you done with school

(1) (Reply)

How To Lose Weight In Your Face | Reduce Face Fat / Help Unable To Get My Jamb Profile Code / Science and Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.