Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:13 AM

Please Read - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Read (3947 Views)

Are You A Programmer? Please READ! / Letter From The Moderator - Please Read / Please Read My Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Read by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 25, 2011
Yeah well its true,if u give them the code,they tend to depend on you before u know it u might end up building someone else's website for free.New Rule no more free codes,Pseudo Codes it will help one learn.
Re: Please Read by ise82(m): 9:26am On Apr 28, 2011
Mr guru posters, if u know u r good in java why cnt u develop somtin gr8 dt wil make u remarkable in d world.
Re: Please Read by ise82(m): 9:31am On Apr 28, 2011
D richest kid in IT to me is zukerbird, d fb guy. he is nt d best programa out there. Y cnt we 4 GOD sake start thinkn on ow make tins happn wt programmin. And dnt call web dev 2 easy. D future is web. So java wil die somday.
Re: Please Read by ise82(m): 9:39am On Apr 28, 2011
Go learn frm google java.net didnt use java to build there website. They used drupal, running on php nd apache. We r black ppl we just follow them nd learn junks to survive. Web programming is challengin as well. Ve u tried buildn a cms wt php? Try ruby? It goes on wt no end. Build what ppl need nd dnt rely on workin 4 any1 js. To make them Get richer. Php lives on!
Re: Please Read by Fayimora(m): 7:38pm On Apr 28, 2011
Funny comments, Your question should have been "Can i see what you have developed?" and not what ur saying. You really dnt understand what you mean by "internet is the future". You should do more research.
Re: Please Read by Fayimora(m): 7:43pm On Apr 28, 2011
By the way its "Zukerberg" not what you called him
Re: Please Read by ise82(m): 11:44pm On Apr 28, 2011
Thanks 4 d correctn. I postd on mobile. Naija must grow!
Re: Please Read by ise82(m): 11:52pm On Apr 28, 2011
Lets build naija open source community. Let's learn to give tins out. We r nt growin because we dnt give enuf stufs out. I hope im nt digressin frm d topic. Im only try to pass out a msg. I dnt wnt to b rude- pls. Pardn.
Re: Please Read by Fayimora(m): 12:14am On Apr 29, 2011
Yope cool,
Re: Please Read by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 29, 2011
Saying Java will Die is absolutely ignorant it powers almost everything around u can think of ps3,android(though c++ under the hood) and lots more.
Re: Please Read by NumberOne2(m): 11:23pm On Apr 29, 2011
Open source is good when most folks are are contributing. When you have less folks contributing and more folks copying, it kills open source. Unfortunately, MOST Nigerian developers are leechers so it can't work here. Guess its the harsh economy. Its just like seeders and leechers in torrent file downloading. When the leechers are more, download is slow. When seeders are more, download is fast.
Re: Please Read by Nobody: 3:06am On Apr 30, 2011
Number_One is so correct the last time i tried doing open source someone wanted me to just finish it so he could pass it off as his without no intent of sharing code or developing together,usually programmers work in teams its in Nigeria where one developers does all aspect.
Re: Please Read by talk2hb1(m): 12:01pm On May 01, 2011
Yes Open Source is good, but its very painfull that Nigerians are more of consumer than producer check this url: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-485881.0.htm.
I wrote this code and posted it online with open source intent, but I was suprise some people use the software to generate number and were selling the generated number it came as a shocker to me that they tried to sell the number to me too. Instead of them on improving on the code or building something better all they could do is consume the code for financial gain.
How do we improve if we are being spoonfeed, I was working on an application a bulk sms business manager but I observed that it will be a great error to release it freely for public consumption. because they are going to feast on it and give me more problem than I demand for in terms of support at no gain from it. not even a credit to you, all you will see guys selling your software at computer village.

Sanjuma
Re: Please Read by NumberOne2(m): 1:01pm On May 01, 2011
I saw the phone Number generator app. Its cool. Since folks want to copy without giving the author any credit at all, my summary about the Nigerian market is:

1) You either develop for sale (register your product, copyright and all with a good lawyer at hand in case of infringement plus secure the product to the best of your ability) and get the FULL credit for it, or

2) Develop FREE and see it as your contribution to humanity. In this case, don't even expect a thank you. Though some folks may commend you. Not everyone in a butt-hole.
Re: Please Read by talk2hb1(m): 5:53pm On May 01, 2011
Thanks bro,
Thats what am doing now, No check no Code. call me wicked I don't care.
Re: Please Read by bakenda(m): 10:37am On May 02, 2011
OP=Original Poster

Enjoying the discussion,
Re: Please Read by Fayimora(m): 1:53pm On May 02, 2011
Hehehe cool , Am enjoying it!
Re: Please Read by 2muchlogic(m): 7:53pm On May 04, 2011
Fayimora link=topic=648942.msg8245032#msg8245032:

Little about me:
I am a Computer Scientist based in the UK but I have done a lot of projects. I hate web development/design cause its too easy, No challenge in it.

grin grin grin grin grin Did you mean to say "I find web development easier"? The backend of a web app can be as complex as any desktop/hardware app. Probably more complex since you have to design the application for a large number of users - millions in the corporate world.  When and where did you get your degree from?

If you wanna see some of ma work then I would provide on request.

That would be nice, I know you would love to show us how good you are.

I love Java as a programming language as its very flexible and well object oriented. Perl is ma favourite scripting language.

what about c, c++, C# and objective-c?
Re: Please Read by Fayimora(m): 8:18pm On May 04, 2011
Lolzz thats a beter way of saying it. Thanks for that, I find it too easy and boring. To be honest because of the fact that there is c++, I just developed a stupid hatred for c and c# so I don't use them. Up to a certain level I know c++. As for Objective-C, have developed 2 iphone apps(not alone though) using Objective-C. I only mentioned the languages I have gone really far with.

Like your username. Dats a very wonderful quality of a programmer wink
Re: Please Read by 2muchlogic(m): 10:43pm On May 04, 2011
Fayimora:

Lolzz thats a beter way of saying it. Thanks for that, I find it too easy and boring.

I am a computer scientist thats how I could tell you are not, what are you studying?

Believe me web development is NOT easy, you focused on the former part of my statement not the latter.  You clearly have no “real world” experience, what runs on the backend of a web server? What are web browsers written in? What are web servers written in? Maybe you are confusing web design i.e html, css, xml, with web development. 

I can see where you get your misconceptions, sometimes the declarative nature of some web development languages like ASP.NET and php with its ever increasing number of libraries may give the illusion that things are simple.  But what about developing custom code whereby one has to develop adhoc libraries for security reasons or a complex code-behind n-tier project? What about when you are dealing with a web farm that requires interoperability?  For example you said you like Java, well have you programmed a website using JSP?

Fayimora:

To be honest because of the fact that there is c++,  I just developed a silly hatred for c and c# so I don't use them.

c++ is a superset of c and c# is a superset of Java, so why the silly hatred?  wink

Fayimora:

Up to a certain level I know c++.

oh so you are learning c++   grin grin

Fayimora:

As for Objective-C, have developed 2 iphone apps(not alone though) using Objective-C. I only mentioned the languages I have gone really far with.

nice, you have co-released 2 apps on the IOS platform, what are they called?   wink
Re: Please Read by 2muchlogic(m): 11:31am On May 05, 2011
Fayimora:

Lolzz thats a beter way of saying it. Thanks for that, I find it too easy and boring.

I am a computer scientist thats how I could tell you are not, what are you studying?

Believe me web development is NOT easy, you focused on the former part of my statement not the latter.  You clearly have no “real world” experience, what runs on the backend of a web server? What are web browsers written in? What are web servers written in? Maybe you are confusing web design i.e html, css, xml, with web development. 

I can see where you get your misconceptions from, sometimes the declarative nature of some web development languages like ASP.NET or php with its ever increasing number of libraries may give the illusion that things are simple.  But what about developing custom code whereby one has to develop adhoc libraries for security reasons or a complex code-behind n-tier project? What about when you are dealing with a web farm that requires interoperability?  For example you said you like Java, well have you programmed a website using JSP ands servlets?

Fayimora:

To be honest because of the fact that there is c++,  I just developed a silly hatred for c and c# so I don't use them.

c++ is a superset of c and c# is a superset of Java, so why the silly hatred?  wink

Fayimora:

Up to a certain level I know c++.

oh so you are learning c++   grin grin

Fayimora:

As for Objective-C, have developed 2 iphone apps(not alone though) using Objective-C. I only mentioned the languages I have gone really far with.

nice, you have co-released 2 apps on the IOS platform, what are they called?   wink
Re: Please Read by csharpjava(m): 10:53am On May 06, 2011
Writing codes is no big deal, I don't see why people are not willing to give others the code they need to help them with their programming. All the coding for C# and VB.Net  APIs are available for anyone to see.

Those coming here to say they will not give codes to others, should know that they have not created any programming language of their own and the coding they don't want to give to others has already been written by those who created the programming language.

If you feel you know how to write codes very well then you should go and develop your own programming language and then don't give codes to anyone trying to learn the language you have created and just tell them to use your pseudo code and algorithms.
Re: Please Read by Fayimora(m): 8:51pm On May 06, 2011
csharpjava:

Writing codes is no big deal, I don't see why people are not willing to give others the code they need to help them with their programming. All the coding for C# and VB.Net  APIs are available for anyone to see.

Those coming here to say they will not give codes to others, should know that they have not created any programming language of their own and the coding they don't want to give to others has already been written by those who created the programming language.

If you feel you know how to write codes very well then you should go and develop your own programming language and then don't give codes to anyone trying to learn the language you have created and just tell them to use your pseudo code and algorithms.

Man, cant you see that you are the only one that doesn't even understand what am talking about? You are talking off point, Completely out of what I am talking about, Read my post and replies and make sure you understand what exactly am talking about.

Just a tip, am not saying hide codes, neither am i saying dont help nor just give pseudo-code/algorithms. If hasn't learnt a language then fine. That's TOTALLY different.

You always just go into ur own point of view which is never close to the subject.

Just read and understand what am talking about and don't just mis-quote what pple say. Also, why the indirect speeches?
Re: Please Read by csharpjava(m): 9:48pm On May 06, 2011
Also, why the indirect speeches?
My post is to anyone that believes the best way to help others is through pseudo codes and algorithms, I find this to be putting the cart before the horse, the best approach for those learning to program is to see the coding first then pseudo code and algorithms after. 

What makes me come to this forum all the time is because I admire the way people help by providing codes for others.
Re: Please Read by NumberOne2(m): 9:40am On May 07, 2011
What makes me come to this forum all the time is because I admire they way people help by providing codes for others.
So how many codes have you given out? (pls provide links to the codes so we can verify. Anyone can claim they have provided codes for others).
I hope you aren't one of 'em Leechers we are talking about.
Re: Please Read by csharpjava(m): 11:16am On May 07, 2011
Number_One
So how many codes have you given out? (pls provide links to the codes so we can verify. Anyone can claim they have provided codes for others).

Create your own programming language and then tell those that want to learn your language to follow your psudo codes and algorithms. But for Java and all the orther languages you did not create it is not your duty to tell others how they should learn it.

People like you cannot make a bicycle spoke but you try to make it hard for people who want to learn how to ride a bicycle.

Below is the comment I got from someone I helped with thier GUI coding on this forum.
Oh wow man thank you!! soooooooooo much, you don't know how BIG this is for me THANKS!!
Re: Please Read by NumberOne2(m): 4:56pm On May 07, 2011
Dude, I'm NOT against anyone learning. I wasn't born with my knowledge, I was helped. So it's only right to help others. Like the OP said, you are MISSING THE POINT of the thread. Read the thread carefully before you respond.
Whats with this talk about creating a language?

P.S: Just like I thought, you didn't provide a hyperlink to the page where you posted your code. How can we verify it?
Re: Please Read by csharpjava(m): 6:15pm On May 07, 2011
Number_One
P.S: Just like I thought, you didn't provide a hyperlink to the page where you posted your code. How can we verify it?

Here is the link: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-634619.96.html

If someone has made the effort to write a piece of code and wants help with some coding then I don't see why we should not help provide the codes.
Re: Please Read by segsalerty(m): 9:40pm On May 07, 2011
csharpjava:

Below is the comment I got from someone I helped with thier GUI coding on this forum.

The Person u helped :

Bout?
About what I'm about. . .even before he gave me the code I had built the gui on my own but still had to show appreciation because he took time off to do that for me. . .

Quote from: segsalerty on May 04, 2011, 10:21 PM
This Thread is getting more and more interesting ! am Enjoying this, i fold my harms and watch now ! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
if(segsalerty.amused()==true)
{
seg.kill();
}

undecided lipsrsealed undecided lipsrsealed

So, calm down bro, stop taking this thread to another dimension ? okay ? the Poster has hi POINTS and people that grabbed it already did. dnt get things complicated grin
Re: Please Read by csharpjava(m): 10:32pm On May 07, 2011
segsalerty

I was asked to provide a link to show codes I have given out. At first I showed a comment I received for my codes but I was told that was not enough, see quotes below.

Number_One

Number_One
Re: Please Read by NumberOne2(m): 11:55pm On May 07, 2011
Gee, that thread is just an extension of this one. Futile arguement.
Same posters et al. So the chic was helped with her assignment. Nice. So much for HALF BAKED graduates.
So, how about we help our students pass by giving them answers in the exam hall. That will be so cool cos everyone will pass and there will be NO failures. Right?
Hey, you'll probably get a NOBEL prize for your generousity.
Re: Please Read by csharpjava(m): 12:10am On May 08, 2011
Number_One
  So the chic was helped with her assignment. Nice. So much for HALF BAKED graduates.
Who do you blame, HALF BAKED graduates or HALF BAKED lectures?

You lack the exposure to what a computer science degree course should really be like, with the right lecturers and resources no one will come here asking for help.

You cannot teach someone programming with pseudo codes and algorithms without first showing them the codes, you guys like doing your things the opposite way so that people can worship you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Phone Number Validation / . / Can One Be A Web Developer And Software Engineer At The Same Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.