Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,355 members, 7,857,304 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 03:05 PM

UCH Resident Doctors Loses 17 Colleagues To COVID-19, Joins Strike - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / UCH Resident Doctors Loses 17 Colleagues To COVID-19, Joins Strike (1462 Views)

Photo Of The Building Of UCH, Ibadan In 1955 / UCH Ibadan, A Death Trap: Official Reply From UCH Management / UCH Ibadan Labelled Death Trap After Lady Died Due To Alleged Negligence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UCH Resident Doctors Loses 17 Colleagues To COVID-19, Joins Strike by Health16: 8:41am On Apr 03, 2021
Dr. Temitope Hussein, the President of the University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan Chapter of the Nigerian Association of Resident Doctors (NARD), says the association lost 17 doctors to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Hussein, while justifying the UCH reasons for joining the nationwide strike of NARD, explained that the families of the deceased doctors were yet to benefit from the Death-in-Service Insurance Scheme.

https://newsrand.com/2021/04/03/uch-resident-doctors-loses-17-colleagues-to-covid-19-joins-strike/
Re: UCH Resident Doctors Loses 17 Colleagues To COVID-19, Joins Strike by SanctifiedSista(f): 8:42am On Apr 03, 2021
Strike won't resolve anything. Pls committee come.together and end this strike. We need to move forward..people are dying as u make this decision

Hey, check my online store for juicy stuff. Link is on my signature
Re: UCH Resident Doctors Loses 17 Colleagues To COVID-19, Joins Strike by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 03, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
Strike won't resolve anything. Pls committee come.together and end this strike. We need to move forward..people are dying as u make this decision

Hey, check my online store for juicy stuff. Link is on my signature

So you mean they should keep coming to work without being paid? How do they feed their families? How do they transport themselves to work? Have you ever heard of senators, or ministers or governors going on strike cos they aren't paid? Doctors save lives but these thieves in power who are already rich before getting into power still make billions from stealing and yet you say we should keep quiet and continue to suffer?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UCH Resident Doctors Loses 17 Colleagues To COVID-19, Joins Strike by juniorstar(m): 4:22pm On Apr 03, 2021
instead of them to pay better harzard allowance and increase salary they are busy reducing salary...with the naira loosing value everyday. in 2010 a HO Salary was 1500$ monthly today it is less than 400 dollars monthly in the span of 10yrs..who is deceiving who.

(1) (Reply)

11 Easy Tips For Losing Weight / Smoking Has Nutritional Value( Please Read Before Prosecuting Me) / Online Doctor Consultation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.