Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? (18871 Views)

Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad / Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? / Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by Godiswithmee(f): 11:37am On Apr 03, 2021
Good day nairalanders,

Someone close to me is in a state of dilemma and needs advise.

He has been a contract staff in one of the leading commercial banks in Nigeria and was recently converted into a full staff. The issue now is he has been deployed from South West to extreme North (Maiduguri). He has tried every means to get redeployed but all efforts proved abortive.

Considering the fasting rise of unemployment in the country, he feels it's unwise to reject the offer. Still, he's in a state of dilemma.

Should he take the job offer, even though national security is at the lowest there?

Please advise.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any contact that can help, I'll be in the comment section.

Dear Mods, please kindly push to the front page.

11 Likes

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by obumsway(m): 11:40am On Apr 03, 2021
I think he should just go ..... But with every opportunity he may have he can redeploy .... Mehn, jobs scares ooooo

It's well

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by dawnomike(m): 11:43am On Apr 03, 2021
Godiswithmee:
Good day nairalanders,

He has been a contract staff in one of the leading commercial banks in Nigeria and was recently converted into a full staff. The issue now is he has been deployed from South West to extreme North (Maiduguri). He has tried every means to get redeployed but all efforts proved abortive.

Considering the fasting rise of unemployment in the country, he feels it's unwise to reject the offer. Still, he's in a state of dilemma.

Should he take the job offer, even though national security is at the lowest there?

Please advise.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any contact that can help, I'll be in the comment section.

Safety first my sister...

9 Likes

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by Jashub: 11:43am On Apr 03, 2021
My dear, if he is willing to take the risk, the let him go. The reason I say so is because there is serious unemployment in Nigeria and one cannot reject a job at this point in time.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by Blackmoran(m): 11:55am On Apr 03, 2021
I won't say he should quit, but he should be security conscious of is new environment...

nobody knows what time he will die, place he will die, and cause of his or her death...

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by XXXXTENTACION: 12:38pm On Apr 03, 2021
No need to Fear death men.
he should take the job.

if you think making money is hard try being broke.

21 Likes

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by Cerebellum: 12:52pm On Apr 03, 2021
This is honestly a hard decision to make looking at the Eleribuu state of this Eleribu countrygrin

But nonetheless, the guy (you)should just follow his heart.

The north dangerous o and Hunger BAD Ogrin

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by uboma(m): 1:01pm On Apr 03, 2021
If he was posted to the capital city of Borno state, Maiduguri, he has no need to be afraid as the city, Maiduguri is relatively safer than the rest of the LGAs in the state.

However, he needs to avoid night life while in Maiduguri if he is the outgoing type.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by Maj196(m): 4:41pm On Apr 03, 2021
Mehn, this is a tough one. Tbh, I wouldn't go if I was in his shoes. But if he has the heart and stomach for it, then he can go. Because you just don't know where Boko Haram will strike.

6 Likes

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by Heavance(m): 5:55pm On Apr 03, 2021
Godiswithmee:
Good day nairalanders,

Please advise.

I remember a client who got transferred to the rural area in the Northern part of the country, he resigned immediately and went into business.
He considered his sanity, life and exposure first before money.

52 Likes

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by inumidun2010(m): 6:12pm On Apr 03, 2021
This matter wear pant ooooh... Safety first.. but what's the difference when you are safe and hungry...

2 Likes

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by Nisot7: 6:22pm On Apr 03, 2021
The person should take safety first. Only the living collects salary

18 Likes

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by Queenmark: 6:46pm On Apr 03, 2021
Godiswithmee:
Good day nairalanders,

Please advise.

My advice for him is to travel by air if possible. Bornu state is bokoharam state and it is very risky at the moment. Let him send a mail to HR asking for redeployment to any other state in the north even zamfara.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 03, 2021
Is he married or not? He can cope if not married? Is the money worth the risk, since something must kill a man? If the pay is fine he should go. Can he easily find another job in that range where he is? If yes he may not go?

3 Likes

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 03, 2021
If I were in his shoes I wouldn't go.

11 Likes

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by FiverrTutor(m): 7:40pm On Apr 03, 2021
Nnah mehn that HR manager bad ooo. Which kind wicked posting is that damn. So unfortunate.

3 Likes

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by extol1(m): 8:11pm On Apr 03, 2021
that is inhuman, how will they post someone to such area, it will be so unfortunate if he doesn't know to how to speak Hausa. in that zone, soldiers should be the bank workers

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by LeopardX: 8:24pm On Apr 03, 2021
Being in Maiduguri is not the problem as it is relatively safer than other parts of Borno. It is even the journey that scares me the most. I don't know if Maiduguri has an airport. If they do, then I'll advise him to travel by air and resume there.

If I were in his shoes, I probably accept the offer. The unemployment in Nigeria is choking.

except he has other alternative sources of income that you are not aware of.

7 Likes

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by fk001(m): 8:27pm On Apr 03, 2021
OP Maiduguri city is relatively peaceful they let all this junk journalism make you lose the opportunity. BH only operates in the outskirts of the town (few villages).

Take the offer and travel by flight, make friends with both military men and educated indigenes also make friends with few uneducated ones (their need will come in handy).

Rent a house in old GRA, Damboa road, New GRA or any other high brow areas.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by LeopardX: 8:29pm On Apr 03, 2021
fk001:
OP Maiduguri city is relatively peaceful they let all this junk journalism make you lose the opportunity. BH only operates in the outskirts of the town (few villages).

Take the offer and travel by flight, make friends with both military men and educated indigenes also make friends with few uneducated ones (their need will come in handy).

Rent a house in old GRA, Damboa road, New GRA or any other high brow areas.
exactly. he should travel by air.

1 Like

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by flokii: 8:32pm On Apr 03, 2021
Hmmn.. from South West to Maiduguri. He won't find it funny atal.

Despite the insecurity there, you'll still find millions of Igbos in Maiduguri, including Sambisa doing business and petty trading. No job outside nowadays so let him think well.

1 Like

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by Elsueno: 11:01pm On Apr 03, 2021
To be honest. Maiduguri is one of the safest cities in Nigeria currently( As long as u don't step outside of the city dat is.

Was there a few days ago, went by road( don't try that) as Boko fit kidnap person. The place is like a city Barack. u go just dey see mopol. Civilian JTF, soldiers etc. Alpha jets & helicopters dey sky alot. No agbero. no cultist.

BUT NO ELECTRICITY. It's either u buy gen or solar.

My guy told me. shekau said he would always bomb electric towers immediately NEPA fix am grin grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by timibare(m): 11:11pm On Apr 03, 2021
Boko Haram ft fulani heardsmen issa banger

5 Likes

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by TOMSY(f): 10:30am On Apr 04, 2021
Elsueno:
To be honest. Maiduguri is one of the safest cities in Nigeria currently( As long as u don't step outside of the city dat is.

Was there a few days ago, went by road( don't try that) as Boko fit kidnap person. The place is like a city Barack. u go just dey see mopol. Civilian JTF, soldiers etc. Alpha jets & helicopters dey sky alot. No agbero. no cultist.

BUT NO ELECTRICITY. It's either u buy gen or solar.

My guy told me. shekau said he would always bomb electric towers immediately NEPA fix am grin grin

I thought Shekau was dead.
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by uboma(m): 11:51am On Apr 04, 2021
LeopardX:
Being in Maiduguri is not the problem as it is relatively safer than other parts of Borno. It is even the journey that scares me the most. I don't know if Maiduguri has an airport. If they do, then I'll advise him to travel by air and resume there.

If I were in his shoes, I probably accept the offer. The unemployment in Nigeria is choking.

The Airport in Maiduguri is operational for commercial and private planes....
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by Elsueno: 12:05pm On Apr 04, 2021
TOMSY:
I thought Shekau was dead.

It's just look alikes that the army has being killing. To be fair to them those guys the army has taken out look very similar to him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by Ishilove: 1:17pm On Apr 04, 2021
LeopardX:

Emmm, is that not the same Maiduguri that Boko boys launched rockets and torpedos into their rooftops just last month?

3 Likes

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by TriCee: 2:12pm On Apr 05, 2021
Okay, I don't even know banks can just deploy someone to a different city they know nothing about.

Tell your friend to look for a swap deal within the bank. Someone may actually want to relocate to north.
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by janeIBfashion(f): 2:13pm On Apr 05, 2021
Let him or her take it and trust in God for maximum protection

He or she is not the only person working in that branch of bank

Another reason is in this country I believe everything that has beginning always has an end

The issue of insecurity started up north around 2014 and write it down it will end soon
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? by MrImole: 2:13pm On Apr 05, 2021
Seriously?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Ports Authority Recruitment Commences / Is The NPF Recruitment A Real Sign Of Nigeria Truly Changing? / Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.