Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Gt Bank: Gdr Listing On The London Stock Exchange - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Gt Bank: Gdr Listing On The London Stock Exchange (9367 Views)

Dangote Plans Listing On London Stock Exchange / Criteria For Listing On The Nigerian Stock Exchange / First Bank, Zenith, Uba, 7 Others For London Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gt Bank: Gdr Listing On The London Stock Exchange by egoldman(m): 8:44pm On Jul 15, 2007
There are so many complexities about this offer , someone told me that the delay that happened with the form (the form came out days after the offer actually opened ) was rather intentional , i called my broker as of yesterday and they told me that they still have not received the form , also i could not see the form even on GTB site .
i don't want to believe this , but somehow is looks like some powerful people are trying to buy this offer for themselves alone , remember what some brokers did with dangote one day Nascon offer .I must also say that the way gtb have handled the whole offer thing suspiciously very poor .i would like someone with more info to comment on this .

if few people buy this offer , then it would be scarce on the London stock exchange , so could it be true that some forces are trying to corner it for themselves and then create some artificial scarcity that would drive up the price , consider this with the fact that the stocks would be eligible to be traded one week from the day it ends , also why didn't they tell us in advance that we must have domiciliary account to be bale to buy the offer ?
Re: Gt Bank: Gdr Listing On The London Stock Exchange by naira4doll(m): 8:59pm On Jul 15, 2007
, i de look them with one eye.
Re: Gt Bank: Gdr Listing On The London Stock Exchange by formunt(m): 12:52am On Jul 16, 2007
[b][/b

WARNING

NEW GTB BANKS SHARE DO NO BUY
Re: Gt Bank: Gdr Listing On The London Stock Exchange by formunt(m): 12:54am On Jul 16, 2007
[b][/b

WARNING

NEW  GTB BANKS SHARE DO NOT BUY
                                     NEW  GTB BANKS SHARE  DO NOT BUY
Re: Gt Bank: Gdr Listing On The London Stock Exchange by MT: 2:25am On Jul 16, 2007
Well this issue of having domiciliiary acct has made it no-go area for me. It takes you having a current acct which u must have run for 6 months, b4 they can open a DOM acct.

I'd rather save the money for another upcoming shares, but I must confess that despite the sterling record of GT bank, this one smells a bit dodgy. They shouldnt have announced it at all, or they suppose to have made us aware of this prerequisite long time ago.

No hard feeling, just ma opinion sha
Re: Gt Bank: Gdr Listing On The London Stock Exchange by easimoni(m): 4:14am On Jul 16, 2007
I feel you all. GTB is my favorite Nigerian company but I also don't like the way they've run the offer. With the tight deadline and the stringent requirements, it look like they already have the funds they need all lined up.
Re: Gt Bank: Gdr Listing On The London Stock Exchange by hola2ng(m): 11:13am On Jul 16, 2007
Re: Gt Bank: Gdr Listing On The London Stock Exchange by Panadol(m): 5:37pm On Jul 17, 2007
Application form for the GTbank GDR domestic offer.

Re: Gt Bank: Gdr Listing On The London Stock Exchange by otokx(m): 7:46am On Jul 20, 2007
Was able to go through all the complex challenges to get some GDR. Unofficially, the deadline has been extended to monday the 23rd but I must say their customer service on this offer was very unco-ordinated.
Re: Gt Bank: Gdr Listing On The London Stock Exchange by egoldman(m): 12:41pm On Jul 20, 2007
Thank God for them , but am out .
Re: Gt Bank: Gdr Listing On The London Stock Exchange by Gettolove(m): 12:46pm On Jul 20, 2007
@all

I must confess that this forum is blessed with a lot of intelligent users. I think one can still buy GDR and open a dom account later because it is just for the purpose of dividend distributions.
Re: Gt Bank: Gdr Listing On The London Stock Exchange by egoldman(m): 12:48pm On Jul 20, 2007
Do you know that for u to be able to open a domm account nu must have had current account with the same bank for not less than 6 month, now consider the fact that we were not told about domm account being compulsory with this offer in advance and the offer deadline is very tight , then u would understand why many people suspect foul play .
Re: Gt Bank: Gdr Listing On The London Stock Exchange by atilla(m): 12:50pm On Jul 20, 2007
Hi guys.

If you are interested in purchasing GDR's please let me know as I work for a stock brocking firm looking that can purchase them for you.

Our deadline is Noon on monday so please let me know soon as possible.
Re: Gt Bank: Gdr Listing On The London Stock Exchange by egoldman(m): 12:54pm On Jul 20, 2007
What about the gtb who own the offer , its in their form that domm account is a must , i have talked to them on phone and they confirm same , how are u going to go about that ?
Re: Gt Bank: Gdr Listing On The London Stock Exchange by otokx(m): 2:31pm On Jul 20, 2007
You actually must have a dormicilliary account but it must not be with GTB.
Re: Gt Bank: Gdr Listing On The London Stock Exchange by egoldman(m): 2:48pm On Jul 20, 2007
Yeah it must not be with GTB , but same rules apply , or do you know where u can get one without having a current bank account that bank for at the least 6 months ? plz tell me if u know any such bank .
Re: Gt Bank: Gdr Listing On The London Stock Exchange by atilla(m): 4:59pm On Jul 20, 2007
If you dont have a domicillary account you leave that part blank on the form and the issuing house will open a domicillary account for you.

U have to make sure that you sign the form and also put in a valid current account. Those are what I believe are necessary.
Re: Gt Bank: Gdr Listing On The London Stock Exchange by Tmoni(m): 6:15pm On Jul 20, 2007
@ all,

we in the UK, how are we suppose to partake in this offer now that it has been extended,
pls reply would be welcomed ASAP
Re: Gt Bank: Gdr Listing On The London Stock Exchange by egoldman(m): 7:59pm On Jul 21, 2007
atilla:

If you don't have a domicillary account you leave that part blank on the form and the issuing house will open a domicillary account for you.

You have to make sure that you sign the form and also put in a valid current account. Those are what I believe are necessary.

I do not know how u got by this info , but my broker went to gtb and they told here its must that i have a domm account , in any case i suspect leaving the domm account block empty might mean my allocation might be rejected and money returned to me only when God knows , so i would prefer to buy another stock that has rather few complexities .
Re: Gt Bank: Gdr Listing On The London Stock Exchange by easimoni(m): 3:51pm On Jul 26, 2007
The offer is now complete and the GDRs have been listed on the LSE.

http://proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_news.php?id=2671

The bit of new that interests me is that they listed 3.85B additional shares with CSCS to back-up the GDRs. Figure that number in future EPS calculations
Re: Gt Bank: Gdr Listing On The London Stock Exchange by babaogun(m): 4:09pm On Dec 21, 2007
Hi all, the GT Bank GDR was not a fraudulent scheme.

Pricing of UK IPO's and public offers is done differently. The first day of sale is when you are really sure of the price of the stock, that might be the reason why you didnt get the forms immediately.

However, so far, it has been a flop, even though it was over subscribed.

http://www.lse.co.uk/ShareChart.asp?sharechart=GRTB&share=guaranty_s

have a look at the share price and charts.
Re: Gt Bank: Gdr Listing On The London Stock Exchange by walcolm(m): 4:28pm On Dec 21, 2007
egoldman:

I do not know how u got by this info , but my broker went to gtb and they told here its must that i have a domm account , in any case i suspect leaving the domm account block empty might mean my allocation might be rejected and money returned to me only when God knows , so i would prefer to buy another stock that has rather few complexities .

yes, you must have a dom account to enable them remit your dividends but dont forget that the GDR is easily tradeable, if you have not received your return money, then probably you can get the GDR at the lower price right now as opposed to those of us that received the allotment at the initial price.

i have received the excess portion of the money that i paid, so if you have not received yours, you might want to open a dom account and ask them to purchase for you. if you dont have a dom account, just open one with GTB. i think if you open a savings or current account with them coupled with your interest in GDR, they might waive the 6months incubation period for you

all da best
Re: Gt Bank: Gdr Listing On The London Stock Exchange by question(m): 5:23pm On Dec 21, 2007
i have received the excess portion of the money that i paid, so if you have not received yours, you might want to open a dom account and ask them to purchase for you. if you don't have a dom account, just open one with GTB. i think if you open a savings or current account with them coupled with your interest in GDR, they might waive the 6months incubation period for you
Please how did you receive the excess portion of money, was it through your broker? Or was it paid into your account by GTB. Please carify?

My stockbroker says he does not know about the change in initial price and returned funds.
Re: Gt Bank: Gdr Listing On The London Stock Exchange by BabsO2(m): 8:59pm On Dec 21, 2007
The returned money related to the final price, which from my calculation was N28.5
Re: Gt Bank: Gdr Listing On The London Stock Exchange by babaogun(m): 11:48am On Jan 15, 2008
You can also get daily updates on GTB GDR on;

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=GRTB:LI

cheers
Re: Gt Bank: Gdr Listing On The London Stock Exchange by walcolm(m): 12:08pm On Jan 15, 2008
question:

Please how did you receive the excess portion of money, was it through your broker? Or was it paid into your account by GTB. Please carify?

My stockbroker says he does not know about the change in initial price and returned funds.
i got my refund money thru my broker (IBTC)who also happened to be the lead arranger of that deal in nigeria. if you broker says he does not know anything about the return money, just go to GT registrar at anthony in lagos and ask them to point you in the right direction

sorry, i just saw your post that's why my reply is coming so late
Re: Gt Bank: Gdr Listing On The London Stock Exchange by Nobody: 5:02am On Feb 05, 2009
for great help you can easily get in touch with mngr collins on coxy_1100@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Import Goods From China At A Very Low Price And Gain 200% To 500% Profit. / Royal Q Is The Worst Investment / 4bedroom Architectural Duplex Design ( Flat Roof )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.