Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,506 members, 7,826,911 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? (10872 Views)

Leke Adeboye Attempts To Resurrect A Dead Man / Another Pastor Fails To Resurrect Man After Jumping Inside Grave [PHOTOS] / Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by Blakjewelry(m): 6:14pm On Apr 04, 2021
femi4:
small mind

Death isn't the end
a great mind lives a fulfilled life and when it is time to go knows he has done his work, it is only a feeble mind that wants to live forever, and they are mostly greedy and selfish BTW

1 Like

Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by femi4: 6:17pm On Apr 04, 2021
Blakjewelry:

a great mind lives a fulfilled life and when it is time to go knows he has done his work, it is only a feeble mind that wants to live forever, and they are mostly greedy and selfish BTW
A natural man understand not the things of the spirit. Allow him to swim in his folly
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by sonmvayina(m): 6:23pm On Apr 04, 2021
The romans/greek will still invent the story.....and the character jesus..

The most accurate answer to the OP.
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by Blakjewelry(m): 6:24pm On Apr 04, 2021
femi4:
A natural man understand not the things of the spirit. Allow him to swim in his folly
yeap a continent so filled with spirit yet so dark. the words to describe us is not yet found
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by Kobojunkiee: 6:26pm On Apr 04, 2021
femi4:
Go back and read my post. You can as well check for the meaning of VICTORY

"It is finished" not "I m finished".... Know the difference
"Victory" also applied to His declaration on the cross , "It is finished" since without that completion, nothing else would have mattered. undecided

By going to the cross, He completed His very assignment which was announced by the prophets, the New Covenant that God promised to His people. undecided

His resurrection however announced the beginning of the plan God made in Genesis to bless the nations of the world through the seed of Abraham. undecided
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by femi4: 6:28pm On Apr 04, 2021
Blakjewelry:

yeap a continent so filled with spirit yet so dark. the words to describe us is not yet found
That does not dilute the message. Attack those that know the truth but failed to do the truth.

The truth never change, and you can't suppress the truth no matter how hard you try
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by femi4: 6:29pm On Apr 04, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
"Victory" also applied to His declaration on the cross , "It is finished" since without that completion, nothing else would have mattered. undecided

By going to the cross, He completed His very assignment which was announced by the prophets, the New Covenant that God promised to His people. undecided

His resurrection however announced the beginning of the plan God made in Genesis to bless the nations of the world through the seed of Abraham. undecided
Pls, he never mentioned Victory on the cross. He clearly said "It is FINISHED"
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by Walkee: 6:30pm On Apr 04, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Peter, Saul, John, James, Stephen, Barnabas, etc. were Jews, where they not? All those who walked with Jesus Christ while He was alive were Jews, were they not? undecided

Jesus Christ did not lead a revolution since a revolution supposes He believed in the government of this world, a government of men. Careful read through His teachibgs would reveal that to anyone who cared to know of Him. The letters written by His disciples also serves evidence against your claim of some sort of revolution. undecided
you are talking about what you read in the bible. If you have ever listened to an actual jew speak you will understand what I'm talking about. Jewish people say Jesus Christ was a philosopher who wanted to lead a revolution against the Roman empire by declaring himself king of the Jews and got hanged for it. Hanging was a normal punishment in Roman empire. I'm not talking about bible, I'm talking about Jewish people. There are real Jewish humans on earth, they're not Christians their religion is Judaism. Christians are a minority in Israel
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by Blakjewelry(m): 6:31pm On Apr 04, 2021
femi4:
That does not dilute the message. Attack those that know the truth but failed to do the truth.

The truth never change, and you can't suppress the truth no matter how hard you try
lol you want to know the truth go back to the root of your Bible, go and read the original books not included and come back for baby Christian
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by femi4: 6:35pm On Apr 04, 2021
Blakjewelry:

lol you want to know the truth go back to the root of your Bible, go and read the original books not included and come back for baby Christian
lol....The more you try, the more the frustration
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by Blakjewelry(m): 6:40pm On Apr 04, 2021
Walkee:
you are talking about what you read in the bible. If you have ever listened to an actual jew speak you will understand what I'm talking about. Jewish people say Jesus Christ was a philosopher who wanted to lead a revolution against the Roman empire by declaring himself king of the Jews and got hanged for it. Hanging was a normal punishment in Roman empire. I'm not talking about bible, I'm talking about Jewish people. There are real Jewish humans on earth, they're not Christians their religion is Judaism. Christians are a minority in Israel
lol the funny is there so many resistance to Roman reign in the time of just, he wasn't even considered a major threat unlike many others who rally many people around them as the Messiah. The truth is the black man is lost and he looking comfort hence reaction to these religion without it they will feel hopeless.israel is still a nation today and they are not a Christian country, they even acknowledge some of their old script are just myth and just part of their ancient culture but Nigerian will tell they have Devine relevation that are the chosen, well it is all in a bid to escape reality

1 Like

Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by Blakjewelry(m): 6:55pm On Apr 04, 2021
femi4:
lol....The more you try, the more the frustration
lol I am just passing time with you, I don't expect you to change. beside I think without religion many of you will turn out to be maniacs so it helps to keep many in check. even with religion and all it rewards and punishment tactics many of you are still running amok imagine without it.
and again I have walked in your shoes so it will be useless to convince you otherwise. infact it is impossible for me to do that, everybody has there own path. when I have my own kid, I won't try and stop them from following whichever way they want to go as long as it is moral path, so why would I want to change a grown ass man. I was once an overzeleous Christian, but my can't asking questions and seeking more knowledge, so seeking knowledge led me here, I took the path here alone

1 Like

Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by Kobojunkiee: 7:00pm On Apr 04, 2021
Walkee:
I am not certain how any of this changes what I stated on this. undecided
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by Kobojunkiee: 7:01pm On Apr 04, 2021
femi4:
Pls, he never mentioned Victory on the cross. He clearly said "It is FINISHED"
You introduced the word "victory" to this conversation, did you not? undecided
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by Kobojunkiee: 7:04pm On Apr 04, 2021
femi4:
Go back and read my post. You can as well check for the meaning of VICTORY

"It is finished" not "I m finished".... Know the difference
Jesus Christ declared on the cross, right before He died, "It is finished" , meaning His mission to the Lost Sheep was completed just before His death. undecided
When you complete a task or a mission, is not a form of victory? undecided
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by femi4: 7:04pm On Apr 04, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
You introduced the word "victory" to this conversation, did you not? undecided
I used victory where it was appropriate
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by femi4: 7:05pm On Apr 04, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Jesus Christ declared on the cross, right before He died, "It is finished" , meaning His mission to the Lost Sheep was completed just before His death. undecided
When you complete a task or a mission, is not a form of victory? undecided
His mission in FLESH is completed. The victory is in resurrection
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by Kobojunkiee: 7:05pm On Apr 04, 2021
femi4:
I used victory where it was appropriate
And I am telling you that "Victory" also applies where Jesus Christ delivered ,just before His death, the New Covenant that was promised to the people from the time of the prophets.. undecided
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by Kobojunkiee: 7:06pm On Apr 04, 2021
femi4:
His mission in FLESH is completed. The victory is in resurrection
Mission in flesh? What rose from the dead, was it butter? undecided
His finishing of the New Covenant was victory as well. His resurrection was an ushering in of a new dawn for those of the gentile world. undecided
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by femi4: 7:11pm On Apr 04, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Mission in flesh? What rose from the dead, was it butter? undecided
Ignorance ,

Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father and to My God and your God’ ” (John 20:17).
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by Kobojunkiee: 7:12pm On Apr 04, 2021
femi4:
Ignorance ,

Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father and to My God and your God’ ” (John 20:17).
So where does it say, in that verse there, that Jesus Christ was not flesh and blood? undecided

And when He raised Lazarus, and so many others from the dead, where they also not of flesh and blood that were raised? undecided
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by femi4: 7:15pm On Apr 04, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
So where does it say, in that verse there, that Jesus Christ was not flesh and blood? undecided

And when He raised Lazarus, and so many others from the dead, where they also not of flesh and blood that were raised? undecided
His death and that of Lazarus weren't the same. Lazarus didn't raise himself from the dead. He did and ascended to the Father first . Please read your Bible.
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by Kobojunkiee: 7:19pm On Apr 04, 2021
femi4:
His death and that of Lazarus weren't the same. Lazarus didn't raise himself from the dead. He did and ascended to the Father first . Please read your Bible.
Oh ok. Let's go with that premise then.

So, you are saying that Jesus Christ raising Himself from the dead meant Jesus Chirst could not in fact raise all of Himself(flesh and blood) from death but only a part of Himself? undecided

And when Thomas poked His finger into Jesus Christ's wounds, was Thomas touched was not flesh and blood but something that appeared to be flesh and blood? undecided
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by Omoluabi16(m): 7:23pm On Apr 04, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

Nahh, not copied. Lol.

Thanks. kiss Send me tithe and offering. cheesy
he he. hanty e Neva reach like that ohh

1 Like

Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by femi4: 7:24pm On Apr 04, 2021
Kobojunkiee:

So, you are saying that Jesus Christ raising Himself from the dead meant Jesus Chirst could not in fact raise all of Himself(flesh and blood) from death but only a part of Himself? undecided
lol...He was going to appear before the Father, definitely in spirit not as flesh .

He was in flesh, to make relationship between him and mortals easier.

John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by Kobojunkiee: 7:25pm On Apr 04, 2021
femi4:
lol...He was going to appear before the Father, definitely in spirit not as flesh
He was in flesh, to make relationship between him and mortals easier.

John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.
You are jumping all the place here. I asked you at least one question there....
Kobojunkiee:

And when Thomas poked His finger into Jesus Christ's wounds, was Thomas touched was not flesh and blood but something that appeared to be flesh and blood? undecided

When Jesus Christ rose from dead, He was still on earth and by John 1 vs 14, still required His flesh suit, did He not? undecided
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by femi4: 7:26pm On Apr 04, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
You are jumping all the place here. I asked you two questions there....
If you are intelligent, you should see your answer in-between the lines

Thomas case was after he appeared to the disciples. He appeared to the father before the disciples
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by Kobojunkiee: 7:29pm On Apr 04, 2021
femi4:
If you are intelligent, you should see your answer in-between the lines
john vs 14 said He came to earth in flesh. So, since he was still on earth when He rose, according to John 1vs 14, His flesh was still needed. undecided
Also,
Kobojunkiee:

Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:29pm On Apr 04, 2021
Omoluabi16:
he he. hanty e Neva reach like that ohh

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by Kobojunkiee: 7:31pm On Apr 04, 2021
femi4:

Thomas case was after he appeared to the disciples. He appeared to the father before the disciples
Wow.. .Jesus Christ appear rose from the dead, then went and appeared before His Father before coming back to appear before His disciples? undecided
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by femi4: 7:31pm On Apr 04, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
john vs 14 said He came to earth in flesh. So, since he was still on earth when He rose, according to John 1vs 14, His flesh was still needed. undecided
Also,
1Pet 3:18-20

For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, in order that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;
Re: What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? by femi4: 7:35pm On Apr 04, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Wow.. .Jesus Christ appear rose from the dead, then went and appeared before His Father before coming back to appear before His disciples? undecided
Read your Bible, no be me write am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hailing God In Yoruba Language. / Keys To Experiencing God's Wonders Through Praise. / My Affair With Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Of COZA – Ese Walter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.