Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,247 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Price Of 2014 Toyota Corolla - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Price Of 2014 Toyota Corolla (2873 Views)

2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE / Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry / This Ferrari Book Costs ₦10.8m, The Price Of A Brand New Toyota Camry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Price Of 2014 Toyota Corolla by Amadosibina: 7:23pm On Apr 05, 2021
Hello guys, Please how much does a foreign used 2014 Toyota Corolla go for in the open market now? Abuja car dealers over to you.

Re: Price Of 2014 Toyota Corolla by kennyldelsu: 7:34pm On Apr 05, 2021
Amadosibina:
Hello guys, Please how much does a foreign used 2014 Toyota Corolla go for in the open market now? Abuja car dealers over to you.

btw 4.5- 5.5

1 Like

Re: Price Of 2014 Toyota Corolla by Omihanifa: 8:10pm On Apr 05, 2021
Never use Abuja prices as a yardstick o
There prices are very unreasonable
In gwarimpa expressway 2004/2005 Toyota Corolla is sold for 2.5/2.6 million undecided

Am sure this car you posted will be like 5million or 5.5 million in Abuja undecided

2 Likes

Re: Price Of 2014 Toyota Corolla by DMechy: 8:18pm On Apr 05, 2021
Amadosibina:

Go to , see how much others are listing them for
Re: Price Of 2014 Toyota Corolla by PAQ(m): 12:01am On Apr 08, 2021
What you posted is the look of a 2014-2016 Corolla CE or LE.

The CE is a cheaper package; doesnt come with a CVT (Continuous Valve Transmission) but a 5 speed AT (Automatic Transmission) or MT (Manual Transmission). No fog lights, no alloy wheels, no reverse camera or entune radio and no steering controls or automatic climate controls.

You may get it for N4.5 or less depending on how clean.

The LE is is an upgraded version that comes with some or all of the above mentioned features. Depending on the package, from LE, S & Eco Plus specs there are different features present and/ or missing.

For the LE, S & Eco Plus you may get it for N4.5 - 5.5. you may still get it for less, it all depends on its condition and the sellers need for cash.

I own an LE, exactly like what you posted. I bought mine last year, so the price will differ alot.

1 Like

Re: Price Of 2014 Toyota Corolla by olufemi26(m): 6:07pm On Apr 10, 2021
Re: Price Of 2014 Toyota Corolla by SeaTrade(m): 12:17am On Apr 11, 2021
olufemi26:

@PAQ I'm thinking of getting a 2014 corolla too. Please what is your general opinion about the car?
Very fragile and boring.
But fuel economy is good,parts are expensive too as na new motor.
I own the LE version too.

2 Likes

Re: Price Of 2014 Toyota Corolla by PAQ(m): 12:24am On Apr 11, 2021
olufemi26:

@PAQ I'm thinking of getting a 2014 corolla too. Please what is your general opinion about the car?

Not a bad car. Better than my previous Corolla (2012 Le) both in looks and performance, also better Mpg.

The interior is premium looking on the LE with the backup camera but better on the S, especially if you go for the leather seats and open roof option.

The CVT is snappier than the 4speed automatic transmission on previous model. But needs more care, transmission oil change is expensive.

Bluetooth connects flawlessly from my Android phone, it loads your contacts and reads out messages, just be careful when you have other occupants in the ride. I dont know how iphone fares.

Road noise is quite noticeable though, i am not sure if its my large tires (205/65R16). I needed good ground clearance cos with stock tires the car is quite low.

The headlights are a beauty, both night and day.

There are other options for the money, but if you like the car, go for it. I have no regrets

3 Likes

Re: Price Of 2014 Toyota Corolla by PAQ(m): 12:37am On Apr 11, 2021
SeaTrade:
Very fragile and boring.
But fuel economy is good,parts are expensive too as na new motor.
I own the LE version too.

Its boring to drive because its a 1.8litre car, you would have gone for a 2.0l engine or better still a v6. Haba you bought a Corolla, what were you expecting. You chose fuel economy over engine power, with todays constant rise in fuel price that power will only be taking you quicker to the filling station more often.... and maybe your ATM grin

For the fragile aspect, hmmm. E be like say na SUV you been dey drive before this car. This car will take a beating but with the current aesthetics, it wouldnt look nice.

1 Like

Re: Price Of 2014 Toyota Corolla by PAQ(m): 12:45am On Apr 11, 2021
Pls be also mindful that Corollas have two different looks. The Canadian/USA Spec (shown above) & the Asian/European/SouthAfrican spec (commonly used by Govt & private organisations), they have same interior but totally different exterior, they dont come with some standard equipments like US spec, they have some slight mechanical differences and they just arent built as sturdy as the US spec.

I have also noticed this difference over the other generations.

1 Like

Re: Price Of 2014 Toyota Corolla by SeaTrade(m): 12:57am On Apr 11, 2021
PAQ:

Its boring to drive because its a 1.8litre car, you would have gone for a 2.0l engine or better still a v6. Haba you bought a Corolla, what were you expecting. You chose fuel economy over engine power, with todays constant rise in fuel price that power will only be taking you quicker to the filling station more often.... and maybe your ATM grin

For the fragile aspect, hmmm. E be like say na SUV you been dey drive before this car. This car will take a beating but with the current aesthetics, it wouldnt look nice.
Not really,I am a sedan person,just that I use to do luxury cars till my brain received sense and decided to go for something basic so I could spend less on cars.
Things I hate about the car;
Poor sound system(doesnt have to be this bad),
Cabin noise especially that annoying noise that comes from its engine to the cabin,e dey be like say na inside bonnet you dey dey drive the car.
The bumper scrubs everywhere which can be annoying sometimes.
The gearbox is very fragile,like really fragile.
Sometimes the bluetooth find it hard to connect with android,you have to do it again and again before it finally connects.
The car likes to scream and its gear change is slow(revs too high and for prolong time before it changes).
Expensive repair bills(bought brake disc 145k undecided
Pros;
Super cold AC
Very easy to turn steering.
Police hardly stop the car.
Fuel economy(5k fills the tank or almost)
In short just that it's still new and it's hard to break,this car can take no beating at all.
Ordinary gallop you don dey hear noise for front tyres especially shaft.
Well,but then it's not that bad and not special in anyway and I really think it is ugly,but that's just me.
Mine have foglights sha and open roof grin

2 Likes

Re: Price Of 2014 Toyota Corolla by PAQ(m): 1:45am On Apr 11, 2021
SeaTrade:

Mine have foglights sha and open roof grin

You have the Better option. I wish mine came with open roof. It seems the only thing we agree on is road noise. My sound system is solid, maybe the American owner put better speakers. To avoid messing up my bumper, i went for taller tires which helped alot. My gear changes quite well, i dont even feel it changing, which is an advantage of a CVT. Have you drained you tranny oil? It should be done first at 60k mileage so that the gears last. I just hand mine done, which was a headache finding the right mechanic. Did you have to make any repairs or change the gearbox? I hear they are really pricey.

I have never owned a luxury car, i can understand your dislike for the daily commute. If i had owned a 2014 Camry, i dont think a Corolla will ever please me, talk more of a Luxury Vehicle.

1 Like

Re: Price Of 2014 Toyota Corolla by SeaTrade(m): 1:56am On Apr 11, 2021
PAQ:

You have the Better option. I wish mine came with open roof. It seems the only thing we agree on is engine noise. My sound system is solid, maybe the American owner put better speakers. To avoid messing up my bumper, i went for taller tires which helped alot. My gear changes quite well, i dont even feel it changing, which is an advantage of a CVT. Have you drained you tranny oil? It should be done first at 60k mileage so that the gears last. I just hand mine done, which was a headache finding the right mechanic. Did you have to make any repairs or change the gearbox? I hear they are really pricey.

I have never owned a luxury car, i can understand your dislike for the daily commute. If i had owned a 2014 Camry, i dont think a Corolla will ever please me, talk more of a Luxury Vehicle.

Everything on mine is stock ,perhaps some changes was made on yours abroad or maybe we just have different ways of judging good sound systems.
Yes,I have drained tranny fluid before with toyota oil .
Reason you haven't noticed the bad gearing of this car is because maybe you drive slow,I drive fast and accelerate hard,this is when you notice the malady i was talking about.
Engine noise and rpm lingers at around 5500rpm for some seconds before the gear reluctantly changes.
No,my car has no single fault,what i am saying is how the car was made ,not that it's a fault from my car or something.
No,no repairs on my gear ooo,everything still as it came.
Well ,i feel we differ because of difference in experiences lol.
But then,its not a bad car at all.
Only major repair I've done is the brake disc(replace) and some misfiring problems ,everything else is smooth.

2 Likes

Re: Price Of 2014 Toyota Corolla by olufemi26(m): 9:58am On Apr 11, 2021
PAQ:

Not a bad car. Better than my previous Corolla (2012 Le) both in looks and performance, also better Mpg.

The interior is premium looking on the LE with the backup camera but better on the S, especially if you go for the leather seats and open roof option.

The CVT is snappier than the 4speed automatic transmission on previous model. But needs more care, transmission oil change is expensive.

Bluetooth connects flawlessly from my Android phone, it loads your contacts and reads out messages, just be careful when you have other occupants in the ride. I dont know how iphone fares.

Road noise is quite noticeable though, i am not sure if its my large tires (205/65R16). I needed good ground clearance cos with stock tires the car is quite low.

The headlights are a beauty, both night and day.

There are other options for the money, but if you like the car, go for it. I have no regrets

Thanks for this. Really helpful.
Re: Price Of 2014 Toyota Corolla by olufemi26(m): 7:20pm On Dec 29, 2022

(1) (Reply)

Pls How Good Is Peugeot 307? / Photos Of The Longest Car In The World Has 26 Wheels, Swimming Pool, Helipad / My 2003 Nissan Maxima Keeps Stalling Whenever It Slows Down .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.