Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,748 members, 7,820,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? (14392 Views)

Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] / Is Blogging Still Profitable? / Is Blogging Still Lucrative Or Should I Start Drop Shipping? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by kenniefawole(m): 3:59pm On Apr 15, 2021
Nigerian economy isn’t getting any better , last week , a friend of mine was at Sabo to exchange some dollars and he successfully was able to exchange $100 for #48,000 . .
I see many people making enquires one what type of business to do , my advice is , don’t even think of a business you would earn in Naira because the economy keeps getting worse and you would directly or Indirectly still purchase your needs at dollar rate .
If you are looking for an amazing business to start , then I will advise you to go into any of blogging , E-commerce , directory or any online business .

Follow this link to my existing thread to read more !
https://www.nairaland.com/4161635/business-cost-creating-blog-website

Drop a comment on the thread if you find the post helpful

A client current adsense earning below

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by kenniefawole(m): 4:12pm On Apr 15, 2021
Blogging is still profitable , looking at the fact that dollars keep rising !

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by nextstep(m): 4:13pm On Apr 15, 2021
Everything is still profitable. What you need is content and ads. But remember it took Linda nearly 4 years (2006 - 2010) before she made any serious money. I read her bio that detailed a lot of the struggles; I would have linked it, but can't find it now.

People make money from blogging, instagram, youtube. Look at this Nairaland... it's a type of blogging where people provide the content, and it's making a killing. You may have an uphill task ahead of you but it's not impossible, so far as you remain motivated for years (it won't happen in the couse of months).

I would give the same advise whether you're into agriculture or real estate: if you have what people need, you will profit from it, but you have about 5-7 years of grinding before you can be really raking it in.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by wizkidblogger(f): 4:15pm On Apr 15, 2021
Blogging still pays...

2 Likes

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by TemmyT002(m): 4:17pm On Apr 15, 2021
Very profitable ó.
The last payment paid my house rent

2 Likes

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by 2elliot: 4:21pm On Apr 15, 2021
faceland:

I might be sincerely ignorant about this, I assume most Nigerians don't listen to podcast. Since its about art it can even have an international appeal.

although I am thinking of starting a blog to teach online marketing to beginners from Nigeria/Africa/Low Budget.
I have an idea of a social media platform that could really be interesting. But I lack the fund and will to start it. If you can, I would like as to partner and create it.
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by bishopjoe02(m): 4:54pm On Apr 15, 2021
faceland:

Just art...

I have other secret blogs for education, news in broken English. But my main focus and content is my art/drawing.

Do youtube and onlyfan you can be doing tutorial on how to draw
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by Web388(m): 5:08pm On Apr 15, 2021
Profitable
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by CodeTemplar: 5:18pm On Apr 15, 2021
There is something called behavioural pattern. You match supply with demands first then ask why isn't your supply being demanded. Can you identify where your prospective customers are running to? If you can, then they exist and you can try harder to draw them towards your site or else don't waste your time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by Raskass: 5:56pm On Apr 15, 2021
Yeah
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by kriss27(m): 6:00pm On Apr 15, 2021
LesbianBoy:
This is what happens when you believe all what you are told.

Some of you actually think Linda ikeji became a billionaire from blogging alone. grin grin grin grin
Sorry what else made her rich

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by sonofthunder: 6:20pm On Apr 15, 2021
faceland:

Voice?
I would look into that.
You think one can do it with the Nigerian accent?

The fact that many people are not into art doesn't mean you cannot succeed. The so called few could be millions and you just need to gain a fraction of these folks to regularly visit you by regularly posting. Though I haven't started my self, I will advise (from what I have learnt so far) to have a minimum of 50posts before bothering about most things that give people apheadache and frustration. Till then focus on only 2 things. Quality engaging posts and SEO.

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by mundus(m): 7:08pm On Apr 15, 2021
I have been blogging for 10 years now. and in the last 9 years I have received payment from Google Adsense EVERY month.

You need to invest in quality content. It's not negotiable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by Veiniously: 7:19pm On Apr 15, 2021
ibietela2:

Better remain where you are, entertainment is worse..

I make a living and employs 10+ via blogging
Please tell us how you did it
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by IdeasPro(m): 7:25pm On Apr 15, 2021
faceland:
Although to be fair; I haven't published much this year. How can I be motivated to write when no one is reading or interacting in my content?
Is your blog fully optimized for on-page SEO? Are you targeting low competition long tail keyword phrase for every blog post? How is your digital marketing plan like in reaching out to your focus audience? There are slew of online marketing strategies to start a blog and make money blogging.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by LuQuLuQu(m): 8:00pm On Apr 15, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
Try podcast

O boy you wicked o, just to enlighten me how to make money through podcast you declined. Na wa o

No worries sha

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by Nickshrapnel: 8:19pm On Apr 15, 2021
LuQuLuQu:

O boy you wicked o, just to enlighten me how to make money through podcast you declined. Na wa o

No worries sha
Oh, sorry for the late reply. I don’t operate a podcast or know how it works, I only suggested that to him because I’ve heard people make money on there before. Check out this site to see if it can answer some of your question. smiley

https://castos.com/how-much-money-can-podcasters-make/amp/

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by Revolva(m): 8:19pm On Apr 15, 2021
TheCalculator:

You could blog on IG too, these days, not really mandatory to have a website

With good and funny content on IG, your followers would grow overtime and then people pay to run advert on your IG page

True but it's not easy to just blow as well on there before you will grow your page you go see hell

The best is seo and profitable niche abeg

Well check my blogs ony signature

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by Pokka5(m): 8:25pm On Apr 15, 2021
blogging ain't dead bruh.
first of you need a niche, after that you go ahead to research if your selected niche has a search vol. already. afterwards you research about 50 niche keywords for that niche.

then you want to publish your articles on the following site:

Quora

Medium

Haro

Yahoo answers

leaving a Link back to your niche site main article and of course you don't want to leave out affiliate products in line with that niche as another source of earning. Once you do this and exercise patience, you won't be told to create another niche blog.

publishing on medium you could even rank 1st - 3rd place on google by reverse engineering, writing 2x or 3x number of words the already ranked website/blog has written.

sit back relax and watch the miracle.

������....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by lightwind(m): 8:37pm On Apr 15, 2021
wizkidblogger:
Blogging still pays...
please can you teach me I want to learn how to blog 08067703439 my WhatsApp number thank you.
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by lightwind(m): 8:38pm On Apr 15, 2021
TemmyT002:
Very profitable ó.
The last payment paid my house rent
please can you teach me I want to learn how to blog08067703439 my WhatsApp number thank you.
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by Vokians(m): 9:10pm On Apr 15, 2021
I will create for you a WordPress Blog website that will increase traffic for you at the shortest possible time. Dm me.
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by Yaks02(m): 11:04pm On Apr 15, 2021
WoundedLamb:

I wish I had more information to share. I listen to podcasts myself but I don't live in Nigeria. Unlike blogs which you can easily stumble upon while navigating the internet, people have to mindfully search for podcasts about subjects that appeal to them. This means you'll have to be specific and consistent.

Good luck sir.

Take me along nw
I can't wait to leave here
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:13am On Apr 16, 2021
Vokians:
I will create for you a WordPress Blog website that will increase traffic for you at the shortest possible time. Dm me.

What is the financial implication for this?
Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by kelvinnaira: 1:38am On Apr 16, 2021
Be here asking lie lie question.. people are making $50K + per month even as at last month March 2021...

Don't let Nigeria blogosphere (gossip and all that) fool you...

BLOGGING IS EVEN MORE PROFITABLE THAN A STANDARD RESTAURANT/SHOPPING CENTRE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by ibietela2(m): 4:52am On Apr 16, 2021
Veiniously:

Please tell us how you did it

Constitency
Going after niche you have a good chance of getting your own cut

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? by LuQuLuQu(m): 5:46am On Apr 16, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
Oh, sorry for the late reply. I don’t operate a podcast or know how it works, I only suggested that to him because I’ve heard people make money on there before. Check out this site to see if it can answer some of your question. smiley

https://castos.com/how-much-money-can-podcasters-make/amp/

Thanks. Got it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! / State In Nigeria As Drop Down / [FREE Guide] Yahoo Bitcoin Investment Latest Format – Step By Step Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.